Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

diploma after a degree

• 22-05-2011 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi, I graduated last year with an Honours Bachelors Degree in Social Science. I am recently unemployed but would like to work towards a career in HR. There is a part time diploma course in Human Resource Managment in DBS I am interested in, mainly beause it is a 1 year course and I am hoping to find a part time job to support myself during the year. My question is, would this one year course be helpful in finding a job in HR or would I really need a degree or post grad in HR?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

You would have a much better chance if you had a degree or pst grad diploma in HR. With jobs so scarce at the moment, the bar has been raised. There are people with Masters degrees applying for secretarial jobs. It is better to at the possibility of taking a two year part-time degree course in HR Management rather than wasting a year on a course which is value-less in today's marketplace.

Advertisement