Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EDEN:Introduction to Destruction [Short Film]

Options
  • 22-05-2011 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Here's a link to a short film me and a few friends made about a month ago.
    Just looking to get some feedback and whatnot...
    After-Effects CS5 is the software we used.

EDEN: Introduction to Destruction

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭andyterryjay

hey man. Awesome video.

I sent you a youtube message and subscribed :) Check out my channel

http://www.youtube.com/andyterryjay

My only problem with the whole movie is actually the very beginning during the narration/radio chat. The font looks really basic and not in style with the type of video it is. Just that first little bit could turn someone off it and go in with bad expectations. But then they will be shown different :) very well shot. 550D ? I use one too.

I havent shot a proper action film with my 550D yet so thats on the cards for summer haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 _SpaZ_

Thanx man,
    we were originally planing a proper intro, but ran out of time.
    We're filming a better one this summer, the first was more of a test/pilot.
    Will post when its up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Loving it, just loving it :D

Not 100% sure about the "special effects" , but I don't know how they could be done differently they just look slightly over done. Its only a minor niggle to me personally. In addition the wording at the start sounds wrong. Perhaps its the grammar but where it says "My name is Machine. Me, Bagpipes and Crack......" It just doesn't flow well to my ear.

Also from a purely technical point of view the installation where the film was shot doesn't fit the stereotypical image of a "terrorist broadcast tower". It looks to be a telecoms installation and from my point of view a more fitting description could be along the lines of a "government communications installation" or "government broadcast installation" etc...

Any how, my comments are purely observations and not meant to be a negative critisim. I really enjoyed watching.

Well done on the effort and time put into making it. How long did it take to shoot? Did the weather cooperate or had you to standby for a suitable day?

Can't wait to see the next one...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 _SpaZ_

Thanks for the insight! :D
    We're currently filming the second one so it should be up in a reasonable amount of time.
    From what I'v seen so far the second looks to be much better. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Adrenalin

Tactical wrote: »
    Loving it, just loving it :D

Not 100% sure about the "special effects" , but I don't know how they could be done differently they just look slightly over done. Its only a minor niggle to me personally. In addition the wording at the start sounds wrong. Perhaps its the grammar but where it says "My name is Machine. Me, Bagpipes and Crack......" It just doesn't flow well to my ear.

Also from a purely technical point of view the installation where the film was shot doesn't fit the stereotypical image of a "terrorist broadcast tower". It looks to be a telecoms installation and from my point of view a more fitting description could be along the lines of a "government communications installation" or "government broadcast installation" etc...

Any how, my comments are purely observations and not meant to be a negative critisim. I really enjoyed watching.

Well done on the effort and time put into making it. How long did it take to shoot? Did the weather cooperate or had you to standby for a suitable day?

Can't wait to see the next one...:D

Thank you for your point of view. It took 2 days of filming (7am - 5 or 6pm) the weather actually worked out quite nicely. It just so happened that we had 2 days in a row with similar sky and lighting.

Cheers,

Josh (Machine)

• Advertisement
Advertisement