Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HL Maths- which questions?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 iSeeStars

ohh god i really hope its not too difficult! :(:S

Well p1
    Q1&2 Definatly
    Q3 I dont know. ( havent done matrices yet how difficult are they?)
    Q4 Definatly
    Q5.. :/ i dont really get logs.
    Q6&7 not mybest q but i suppoze ill give'em a shot
    Q8 same as above ^^

P2
    Q1 For Sure.
    Q2 unsure. .. :S
    Q3 Yupp
    Q4&Q5 I love trig so yes! xD
    Q6&Q7i dont know.. im good at probabilitly. sometimes :L

Q8 further Calculus. :(

Really unsure about vectors and probability.
    bearly touched on them in class but im good at teaching myself.
    are they good options to do ? ..:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

Paper 1
    Q1 definately
    Q2 maybe it depends on the c part. It is usually a hard inequality with a and b's in it so it depends really.
    Q3 I am on the fence .... Not great with complex numbers so we will have to see if the matrices are a big part
    Q4 depends I can do most of the questions which come up but some can be really annoying and hard.
    Q5 definately .... Love logs and binomeal .... But stil have to go over induction!
    Q6/q7 hopefully they will be nice questions.
    Q8 definately...... Its the first question I am doing!

Paper 2
    Q1 definately. Favorite question on the two papers
    Q2 perhaps. They are not the worst
    Q3 depends what the transformations are like
    Q4/q5 definately. Love trig
    Q6/q7 it all depends on if there is one question with both the standard deviation and a difference equation
    Q8 we did q10 In school but I didn't get it as it was to wordy for me so I did the further calculus instead and it's grand once you know the stuff. Max and min are the hardest part so if they were a b I would be delighted.

My planis to take a two minute sconce over the paper when I go in.
    Paper1: Do questions 8,1, 5 and 4. Then decide what others I will do and calculate my timing for each if I have gained any extra time.
    Paper 2: do question 1 and 8 first then do both the trig and like the first paper see which I am stronger at after that.

I am just afraid that I pick a harder question than another one with out realising it...... I would be kicking myself on the way out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭biggaman

to be honest I don't think I'll know what questions I'll be doing until I look at the paper, I haven't really given any special attention to any particular question because on the day you might get a terrible (c) and then your screwed if you banked on that one..

having said that, q 1+2 on both papers are probably a definate for me, surely they'll be doable.. :D

Advertisement