Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WANTED: Super Play magazine

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

This is ironic. I was going to start a thread about that magazine. It got me into anime and Japanese culture. The reviews were very well written and mature, especially compared to the fan boi junk written by most mags at the time. I used to love the art covers by Will Overton too. I think I have a load of them somewhere in my parents house but I wouldn't sell them to be honest. I need to go down and find them someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I think I've got a lot of these in my attic (can't remember 100% if it's super play or not...snes magazine with tons of cheats in the back pages)

I could probably do with getting rid of them sometime (though I don't want to :()

edit: doesn't look like what I have after doing a google image search - sorry!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Merged both of your threads as one is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,873 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I actually have all the magazines in scanned format. Unfortunately not PDF, just scanned as jpgs, but at a decent enough quality.

I know it's not the same but you can grab a copy of them if you want(I have an FTP server you can use).

I have issue 1 to 47 and also the gold edition.
    I think that's all of them.

Anyway I've attached a few sample scans so I hope that's not against the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I'd be interested in the scans if it's ok?

Can't leave magazines around a house with a toddler, they get drawn on and torn up :(

• Advertisement

Grand, I'll sort out some ftp logins later today/tonight/whatever it is in Ireland.

Ok, whoever wants these scanned mags drop me a PM and I'll give you a ftp login.

I have them sitting on a fairly fast web server so they should download quickly.
    The files are 2.3GB in total but each magazine is zipped up in its own file so you can just grab the ones you want.

As I said they are jpgs like the samples above but you could easily turn them into a PDF or whatever you like.

I've also got Edge magazine in PDF format(perfect for iBook on my iPad) from 1995 to 1998 and that's scanned at 200dpi so is also decent quality. Edge comes in at about 5.5GB but its not on the same server.
    If anyone wants the Edge mags let me know and I'll sort something out for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Belmont100 wrote: »
    If you have any Super Play magazines, please let me know.

I have about 20-25 of the issues in a box somewhere, but it'd be a hassle to get at them tbh. Not sure what condition they'd be in either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Solidius

Steve SI wrote: »
    Ok, whoever wants these scanned mags drop me a PM and I'll give you a ftp login.

I have them sitting on a fairly fast web server so they should download quickly.
    The files are 2.3GB in total but each magazine is zipped up in its own file so you can just grab the ones you want.

As I said they are jpgs like the samples above but you could easily turn them into a PDF or whatever you like.

I've also got Edge magazine in PDF format(perfect for iBook on my iPad) from 1995 to 1998 and that's scanned at 200dpi so is also decent quality. Edge comes in at about 5.5GB but its not on the same server.
    If anyone wants the Edge mags let me know and I'll sort something out for them.

any chance of a Pm on these too..I could convert them to PDf and re-upload them for you, would be allot smaller and manageable for people to nap them for the ipads etc..

all the best.

Solidius wrote: »
    any chance of a Pm on these too..I could convert them to PDf and re-upload them for you, would be allot smaller and manageable for people to nap them for the ipads etc..

all the best.

Hey,
    Sorry these are no longer on the fast ftp server and the normal server is in full use for the next few weeks.

Plus, I converted them to PDF a while back so I could view them on the iPad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Solidius

Steve SI wrote: »
    Hey,
    Sorry these are no longer on the fast ftp server and the normal server is in full use for the next few weeks.

Plus, I converted them to PDF a while back so I could view them on the iPad.

okay cheers man..I understand..if they do become avaliable again..could you post it here?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement