Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Alistair is ridiculous and fun at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Whats everyone thoughts on Shyvana? She gotta a very nice buff in the last patch that scales well with BotrK and Devourers. Shes super tanky and does a hell of a lot of damage....but.......I can't win a game with her :mad:

She just gets kited so hard. I'm thinking maybe she is a super situational pick for a team comp that lacks CC/Slows and on the same team as a champ that has lots of CC like Sion. I wanna play her but hesitant because of losing my last 3/4 games on her

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Whats everyone thoughts on Shyvana? She gotta a very nice buff in the last patch that scales well with BotrK and Devourers. Shes super tanky and does a hell of a lot of damage....but.......I can't win a game with her :mad:

She just gets kited so hard. I'm thinking maybe she is a super situational pick for a team comp that lacks CC/Slows and on the same team as a champ that has lots of CC like Sion. I wanna play her but hesitant because of losing my last 3/4 games on her

I have played her a couple of games in the jungle last week and have gone cinderhulk with only BOTRK as a damage item. Her clear speeds are insane but her ganks are terrible due to no CC. I would just farm the jungle hard and get ahead that way.. just poke your nose out in a couple of lanes to keep them on their toes. You need to have CC both elsewhere in the team.. malph top, liss mid, leona bot maybe. You can also counter jungle really effectively with your clear speed plus the movement speed bonus on W and your ability to jump over walls with your dragon form. So farm, farm, farm, deny the enemy jungle.. You then should be comfortably a couple of levels ahead if your team plays safe. Group up mid game for Team fights and just flank or dive the back line with dragon form. You are so tanky and do so much damage you should be able to keep the carries out of the fight even if you dont manage to kill them. That leaves your team to clean up the front line.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

I spammed Annie support and mid for the last 10 days or so, my god is she fun. Everyone flames me and tells me she's "useless mid only good as support" until I get my 1v2 doubles and whatnot :D
    The impossible to mess up combo is great and really even her lack of mobility isn't too bad. Played a lot of Ahri too but it's just too easy to mess up your combo by missing e. Oh well..

I decided to learn Gragas jungle and I love him. Sej had been my favourite tank jungle but gragas is better imo. That ult is so good for ganking. His cooldowns are low and his mobility is great. It's nice that he isnt banned as much as Sej at my elo too.

• Advertisement

Playboy wrote: »
    I decided to learn Gragas jungle and I love him. Sej had been my favourite tank jungle but gragas is better imo. That ult is so good for ganking. His cooldowns are low and his mobility is great. It's nice that he isnt banned as much as Sej at my elo too.

He's quite easy too, and his sustain in the jungle is godlike, and his clear is nice. He falls off like a ton of bricks, though, and closing out a game is a huge problem is low elo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Gragas is still super strong, I can't stand playing against him :(

Gragas and Sej are my two top bans. Ill ban these everytime unless the enemy team has already, and Ekko ofcourse. The 3 most powerful champs in the game at the moment imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7MwQFqIR3M

Great explanation on crumbz on why she is the best top laner with teleport/smite combo
    Seaaan wrote: »
    I spammed Annie support and mid for the last 10 days or so, my god is she fun. Everyone flames me and tells me she's "useless mid only good as support" until I get my 1v2 doubles and whatnot :D

I love Annie, and she's a great support to CS with if your ADC backs and there are free minions under your tower without wasting mana. Late game she can melt the ADCs too, the tibbers stun is one of my fave moves in the game.
    Playboy wrote: »

I find Gragas real slow, I see him being played in competitively...and I generally like him in ARAM or Mid Lane.....and jungle is one of my main roles...but he just seems quite slow to me for one reason or another. Fat ass...
    IvySlayer wrote: »

I like Ally, but if your ADC is too passive then it's just death for you. But with an aggressive ADC he is quite fun yeah. I just feel I get poked to death though.

I like Ally, but if your ADC is too passive then it's just death for you. But with an aggressive ADC he is quite fun yeah. I just feel I get poked to death though.

Great explanation on crumbz on why she is the best top laner with teleport/smite combo

• Advertisement

Tank Annie when your xin is building full crit chance. Everyone still focuses you and you just never die, with tibbers pretty much always up :D

Played Fiddlesticks support twice in a row, won both games

ADC raged each time though.

Just because I play something different does not mean I'm a troll. Who else can fear the enemy ADC as he's trying to last hit a siege minion :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Played Fiddlesticks support twice in a row, won both games

ADC raged each time though.

Just because I play something different does not mean I'm a troll. Who else can fear the enemy ADC as he's trying to last hit a siege minion :P

Fiddle support is actually really frustrating to play against if you play with some starting AP, the crow bounce is really annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Who else can fear the enemy ADC as he's trying to last hit a siege minion

You know you are going straight to hell for doing that kinda stuff?

Played annie vs riven top, oh my godddddddddd it's amazing. Reached champion mastery too, so there's that!

Riven players are so easy to tilt though, ask jungler to gank twice, they usually start raging :p

But...I'm riven...don't I just press Q 3 times and get free win ?

Vel'koz is my favourite support unconventional or not. He gets so much free damage with his passive that you don't need a tonne of gold to be dangerous. I never build sightstone on him but instead skip the Frostqueen line and rush Morellos. Upgrading my trinket at 9.

At level 6 you can pretty much surprise ult the enemy ADC for 60% of their HP, with a possible kill if you can land a QEW combo before hand.

Speaking of fearing the enemy ADC ad he tries to CS the cannon minion. Ali is another support that excels at such evil. W straight at the ADC with no Q follow up. Timing has to be sharp though since it doesn't last for 5 days like Fiddles fear does

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

Support main here! please keep playing annie, fiddle and vel I always enjoy free wins :P

• Advertisement

Support main here! please keep playing annie, fiddle and vel I always enjoy free wins :P

You ain't no support main if you don't play Annie. Geh aadaaa heeeeeee!

I currently have about 23 games in my backlog thanks to Steamsales and a few games on the PS4 and i can't pull myself away from playing League of Legends even though i really want to get through that backlog. What the **** is wrong with me? Anytime i even consider to play a brand new game i always put it off and boot up League.

Anyone else have a similar "problem"? Is it like addiction?

I currently have about 23 games in my backlog thanks to Steamsales and a few games on the PS4 and i can't pull myself away from playing League of Legends even though i really want to get through that backlog. What the **** is wrong with me? Anytime i even consider to play a brand new game i always put it off and boot up League.

Yup. I have a PS4 with about 6 games that I have barely touched. I purchased GTA V, Evolve, The Witcher 3 etc on PC and have hardly played them. I always end up playing league. I'm used to being addicted one game though as I was an MMO player for about 10 years before I started playing league. I dont even know why I waste the cash on other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I might have a phase like that at the start of a new season that lasts a few weeks, playing a good 6-7 hours the weekend.

But mostly i'd play an ARAM prob once or twice a week and that's it. :pac:

SeantheMan wrote: »
    But...I'm riven...don't I just press Q 3 times and get free win ?

Riven actually requires a fair bit of knowledge of matchups to play. She has a very tough time vs a LOT of champs, and you really have to know what you can and can't beat.

Seaaan wrote: »
    Riven actually requires a fair bit of knowledge of matchups to play. She has a very tough time vs a LOT of champs, and you really have to know what you can and can't beat.

That was my point. The new players just think it's press Q 3 times to win

I think because you can just join a game of league for 30mins or whatever and then leave if time is short or you don't wanna play games for a few hours. You've also learned the game and have invested time into chars and skills and learning

If you start the witch, you know it's gonna be learning for the first 2 hours, and then it's all about the story, and it's gonna last hours on end. You can't really just pick it up for a quick game for 30 mins.

So I have been playing MF. On-hit MF to be exact. Too lazy to post a screen shot of the game so heres a link to the match history. Not much duel potential mid to late game because of zero crit and you gotta stack them impure shots. Sometimes ill take BotrK instead of Wits End depending on the enemy team comp. IE being the last item i build, but it kinda feels out of place in the build. Suppose a GA or something would suite depending on how the game is going.

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/2165695853/39989702?tab=builds

Yeah i know its only Gold 5, but i was in promos for Plat at the start of the season, thats gotta count for something right? RIGHT?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

I'm seeing a lot of Varus mid. His Q is annoying but tbh he's a bit crap midlane, how come he became so popular all of a sudden?

rawn wrote: »
    I'm seeing a lot of Varus mid. His Q is annoying but tbh he's a bit crap midlane, how come he became so popular all of a sudden?

UoL played him mid and then a lot of the Koreans started plying him. He can work in the right set-up but its a pick more suited to pro play than to solo queue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Played varus mid a few games recently and it works very well. But he's completely shut down by gap closer and junglers with a stun.
    Think the worst combo is fizz + warwick. just annihilates Varus.

Advertisement