Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2015/10/1029-pbe-update.html#siv1

Nice changes

Also want that sivir reward, pity I'm silver

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

IvySlayer wrote: »

Nice changes

Also want that Sivir reward, pity I'm silver

Yeah looking forward to next season for sure. Not as many radical changes as i thought but I guess the ADC buffs come more in the items than kit changes. I like the Sivir skin also, thematically its kind of different from the other Victorious skins but im loving the Roman Empire vibe. Wonder what the Challenger skin will be. I liked Ahri's skin last year and would probably buy a challenger skin i a character i played. Sion skin PLX

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

When is the final on for this guys? Gonna try and watch it even though it seems to be an apparent easy SKT1 win. Broken game or broken players? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

IvySlayer wrote: »

Nice changes

Also want that sivir reward, pity I'm silver
    Add me and i'll get you plat in an hour!

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Add me and i'll get you plat in an hour!

REPORTED!

Or add me to get to plat, I'm Gold 2 :D

• Advertisement

REPORTED!

Or add me to get to plat, I'm Gold 2 :D
    You've got your sivir reward :P

I forgot how stupid broken Poppy is late game

2 shotted a Riven, felt sooo good :P

When Poppy ults people generally just have no clue what to do

What does everyone think of the Season 6 changes so far? Had my first 3 games today and did some experimenting in custom games, here are my findings :p

Tryndamere is really strong now. Played versus one as Aatrox top and he stomped me with with RNG crits and the fact that he heals off them now with the Warlord mastery

The jungle is rough! Had a hard time doing a full clear with my go-to jungler Diana(No leash). Tried out Sejuani and the Blue Buff nearly killed me after Gromp :eek: Bought a Hunter potion on my first back with her and jungling got so much easier, but it kind of felt like a waste of gold because i would rather that gold go towards my jungle item.

Deathfire Touch mastery is very strong on Brand so much that it might actually be a bug that will be patch. His passive refreshes the DoT damage of the mastery so much that it feels like its lasting much longer than the 3 seconds its supposed to!

Karma + Intelligence Mastery + Windspeakers Blessing Mastery + Ardent Censer + Ult Empowered E = Insane teamfight buff that's on a 15 second cooldown! With her passive reducing the cooldown even more! Multiple Empowered E's per teamfight :D

Anyone with some thoughts to share?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Too many changes all at once..just as Fallout 4 is released.

Which means....stop playing LOL for a while, go play Fallout..come back after a few weeks...everything is completely new :(

I seen this last week, it was on PBE...but I think most of the changes made it through..so probably viable...and op.
    Which would also mean Jax is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

What does everyone think of the Season 6 changes so far? Had my first 3 games today and did some experimenting in custom games, here are my findings :p

Tryndamere is really strong now. Played versus one as Aatrox top and he stomped me with with RNG crits and the fact that he heals off them now with the Warlord mastery

The jungle is rough! Had a hard time doing a full clear with my go-to jungler Diana(No leash). Tried out Sejuani and the Blue Buff nearly killed me after Gromp :eek: Bought a Hunter potion on my first back with her and jungling got so much easier, but it kind of felt like a waste of gold because i would rather that gold go towards my jungle item.

Deathfire Touch mastery is very strong on Brand so much that it might actually be a bug that will be patch. His passive refreshes the DoT damage of the mastery so much that it feels like its lasting much longer than the 3 seconds its supposed to!

Karma + Intelligence Mastery + Windspeakers Blessing Mastery + Ardent Censer + Ult Empowered E = Insane teamfight buff that's on a 15 second cooldown! With her passive reducing the cooldown even more! Multiple Empowered E's per teamfight :D

Anyone with some thoughts to share?

You weren't wrong about Brand. Got a quadra purely from dots, even after I had backed off and others were still attacking the enemy, they went on forever. It's about time he was viable as a champ again!

• Advertisement

Damage dealing champs are doing insane amounts of damage now. Just played Lucian in a close'ish game and when Darius would come for me in team fights i was ****ing his **** up so hard. I was beating him in 1v1s pretty much. I with an Essence Reaver and Statikk and him with a Cleaver and Deadmans. Last season he would have killed me so fast without me making a dent in his health pool. Also Lucian's ult does crazy crazy amounts of damage now.

For sure Riot will tweak things before the season starts but at the moment i feel damage right across the board is too high from some champs and most ADCs. Riot going waaaaay over the mark again like they did with the Juggernauts. Its no longer League of Bruisers but League of ADCs and anything that gets bonuses off crit chance :P

Manaless champs have huge advantage now which is yasou/tryn/any adc really.

Wonder how good rammus can be vs the 2 adc meta (1 bot and 1 mid).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Yasuo and tryndamere are op now because of the synergy with passive/rage and the crit+heal keystone, but its nerfed next patch.

They're bringing in a loot system...with drops etc ? :(

http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/24/9793694/league-of-legends-crafting-loot-system-toxic-players-hextech-2016-update
    As part of Riot's huge slate of planned 2016 feature updates for League of Legends, the loot system will feature chests and keys dropping upon completion of games. Using keys to unlock chests will reward loot such as seven-day rentals for new characters, up to and including full character and skin unlocks. It will be the first time the game has ever rewarded new character skins for free.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Need to keep money flowing. The current system is near 6 years old. People who have been playing the game for 3-4 years never have to purchase a thing and are swimming in IP.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Need to keep money flowing. The current system is near 6 years old. People who have been playing the game for 3-4 years never have to purchase a thing and are swimming in IP.

Skins, you can't buy Skins with IP....or overpriced wards....or overpriced Icons.
    I don't know how long they can keep with the same formula though, I agree it has to change somewhat.
    Can you still see League being graphically the same in 5 years or as popular then ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

There will be a LoL vs Dota 2 charity match next week for boardsies. Info here

illaoi is stupid, just really stupid.
    I don't know if it 'seems' that new champs are OP because people haven't played against them much....but recently any new champs Riot bring out just seem way OP.

Here E to drag out your soul, and then have you spawning tentacles everywhere....and 1v3 and 1v4 ing people in the jungle with her ult.
    Then there is Kindred....doing ridiculous damage around the map...and his annoying/gamechanging ULT.

And now Poppy has been reworked...and oh,....you are taking Baron...not anymore....get knocked halfway across the map instead please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I don't play that much but any game i've played vs Illaoi is just stupid!

Can't wait to play Poppy in urf mode, off the fountain you go

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Jhin is annoying in mid... he can bully you out when he's on his 3rd or 4th auto attack, as the damage is hefty...

On a lighter note, I'm loving the new match making system. Not seen one rage or troll due to positions since it went live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

That clip is amazing apart from the dumb ult on leona at the beginning. Late game malefic visions is ragequit inducing if you have void staff and liandrys torment then the damage done increases exponentially as your AP builds and enemy MR/HP builds.

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    That clip is amazing apart from the dumb ult on leona at the beginning. Late game malefic visions is ragequit inducing if you have void staff and liandrys torment then the damage done increases exponentially as your AP builds and enemy MR/HP builds.

Consider this. If he didn't ult Leona then she wouldn't have been low enough to spread the Malefic Visions to Baron and Ori :)

Great clip by the way ...

I mean, if he wasn't there, they all would have died to baron anyway by the looks of it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Kayle. So powerful. Starting with 29% attack speed from quints and reds, no one expects the damage you can output so early on. And good luck to you if you think you can roam or B. Wave will be pushed to tower in a matter of seconds.

Very fun champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Korvanica wrote: »
    Kayle. So powerful. Starting with 29% attack speed from quints and reds, no one expects the damage you can output so early on. And good luck to you if you think you can roam or B. Wave will be pushed to tower in a matter of seconds.

Very fun champ.

Yeah there was an insane attack speed kayle on the enemy team the other day. Nashors tooth, rageblade, hurricane... one slow and you're fkd. Might try it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sean_Dubss

Hey Just started playing on the EU servers. Give me an add, using an Irish Team Speak also, trying to Join/start team also. Send me a msg if your interested. =]

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sean_Dubss

LoL Name = Perm One

• Advertisement

Korvanica wrote: »

Very fun champ.

I see Kayle, I pick Pantheon, now thats fun :pac:

Advertisement