Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

EDIT: I R Fail.
    0a5ffffff.png

^^ Way ahead of ye, just dont like having a cluttered sig really so not using it atm.

Retarded jax feeding last night, drove me up the wall:mad:

gg, nice bloody score.

But dude, Y U COMPRESS TO 4:3??? Looks mank :P

EDIT: Always f'cking busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Steff

Anyone got an opinion on this upcoming split between EU east and west? I really don't know how to feel about it.

Still, I'd do ANYTHING for reliable servers at this stage..

Down all evening :(

Split english speaking non english speaking would be best :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Steff wrote: »
    Anyone got an opinion on this upcoming split between EU east and west? I really don't know how to feel about it.

Still, I'd do ANYTHING for reliable servers at this stage..
    Pretty drastic and unexpected tbh. Will be completely separate everything; queues, ranking, forums, etc.
    We'll be getting a 14 day ip boost upon arrival.
    I suppose if it's the only way they can guarantee a stable game then it has to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Don't think it will make a huge difference to be honest, at least not to a casual player.

Picked up Anivia and Gragas today after watching more from dreamhack, really liked the look of these two. Didn't get a chance to test Anivia but played 2 games with Gragas.

Really, really enjoyed them. Now, I usually only play Twisted Treeline to keep the games shorter but he seems to be a big team player, not many kills but tonnes of assists. Really like the combination of his skills, particularly trying to time and place your Q & E shots. Think I will be sinking some time into him.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Because my current movie editor is ****ing horrid. Adobe Premiere Pro, hate it to death. Wish Adobe Premiere 6.5 worked on Windows 64bit.

And yes, it's been 'busy' since about 1pm to 12am now, jeeze.

APP you're doing it wrong, you must be. Its a lovely suite.

Just preset it to 1080 when you open the project, then export to the "Youtube WideScreen HD 1080" H264 Preset. Should look lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Really annoying at how unstable the server are, while yeah its a free game, its a super high quality game and alot of people spend alot of money on it and it would be nie to have some stability : /

I'm also yet t osee my 500rp that we were promised...

TheDoc wrote: »
    Really annoying at how unstable the server are, while yeah its a free game, its a super high quality game and alot of people spend alot of money on it and it would be nie to have some stability : /

I'm also yet t osee my 500rp that we were promised...
    Well they've announced how they're going to fix it, so all we can do is wait. Hopefully it happens within a week or two.
    In the mean time they are going to reduce the numbers in the queue as apparently this impacts stability. So probably just a lot more people seeing server busy instead of people actually getting to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

People who have paid money to Riot should get priority... purely because I am one of them. Surver unavailable: doubt I will get a game this side of next week!

RopeDrink wrote: »
    ...problematic because of my 64bit Windows (At least thats why I can't use the older one) and sure, I still need time to get to grips with this new suite but overall I wouldn't touch this with a barge-pole if I could get the older one to work.

CS5 Only works on 64bit:D Adobe are slowly moving away from 32bit(4GB, pfff).

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭irishdude11

So what you make of Kog'maw? And is he banned much at lvl 30? I'm at lvl 23 at the moment, used kog the whole time, will be pretty pissed off if he i cant use him at 30.

No, he's not banned.
    The reason being that he's not as good as other AD carries. He has no escape mechanism and his passive is completely useless.
    I love his taunt though :p

Reading 1.5Hrs...no, 3.5....calculating now :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

This server is absolutely wrecking my head. 2 hour queue if you're lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭SmokeyTheBull

Played singed a ton last week on the US servers seen as EU was either busy or unavailable or had too long a queue. Still miss his tower melting ability, but I've realised he does fit into the role of a tank much better now, he can bait pretty epically and with ghost he wont get caught.

My build over there was cata->roa>rylais>FH/Fon/funfire and it wrecked ****, admittedily there were a lot of low levels over there but even against the fellow EUs i saw and the Us smurfs i won about 90% of my games just because he can push so well after 20mins. I could easily one vs 3 with him and i'd have 4k hp. I can see why he was tearing **** up in DH. I can see now that his tower melting ability was op considering he can [ush so well and then tank the next wave coming to defend his tower

Gameplay elements of patch i.e. the only interesting part, delayed. And I get a stupid email telling me about the split that says nothing that wasn't in the announcement a week ago.
    Good job Riot!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

yeah, got mates playing. its eventual, this mutha ****a will be owning up yo asses asap

Well this wasn't worth the wait.
    The attempt at nerfing gangplank out of auto-ban territory is a bit of a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

Irelia nerfs delayed for another patch day.

Irelia nerfs delayed for another patch day.
    There is an Irelia nerf in it? And another change. I doubt they will have too much of an effect though.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

Missed that :(

Her sustainability was really great versus alot of different champs in top lane, but she had some issues with mordekaiser and i found myself getting completely zoned by rumble.

I hope that flamethrower nerf brings him down a bit.

Loving the alistar nerfs, that guy was just insane, build full AP and still be incredibly tanky. Burst off half your HP before you get out of stun and basically have a malphite ultimate on a 10 second cd.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Downloaded LoL today, haven't been able to connect yet tho. Connection times went from 1 minute to 2 and a half hours :D.

Would appreciate it if any Irish players would add me as a friend, might make the abuse a little easier to bear while I learn to play! Username is Desolateseven.

Cheers

I justed logged straight in after 1 minute queue, so maybe restart your client if your queue is much longer than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I got quite good with jax now. Pure ap biuld too. Jump - bitch slap - dodge - flash out - squishes qq.

Hate to have or play against blitzkrieg. It's very rare to have a good one in your team and if you have atleast half good one in opposite team, then it's gg.

New champion looks class too. Very tempted! Unfortunately no ip points as I am spending them to have atleast basic runes! My visa is being replaced after xbox account being hacked...

They've also announced that there will be rewards for season one ranking stages i.e Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze.
    Also everyone who played 10 games of anything will be getting a free Kayle skin.
    And they have confirmed that there will only be a soft reset of elo for season 2.
    All info here

Hate to have or play against blitzkrieg. It's very rare to have a good one in your team and if you have atleast half good one in opposite team, then it's gg.

Whenever he's free to play you get a load of idiots playing him like a normal champ, and that really doesnt work. IMO he's a champ that'll either do really well or fail completely, there's no real middleground.

Also, played well he'll rarely get kills, but f'cloads of assists, Grab+Shock+Punch does a lot of damage, but is rarely a killer, they wont have any chance though once you have a mate nearby.

Playing with Anivia was great. Grab then wall off behind them. No where to run, no where to hide :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

had good few games with chogath. damn i cant believe i newer played him. there was a bitch mordekiser, we lost, but it was so satisfying to swallow him! lol

i will buy it as a tank so i can switch between moakai and cho'gath

love JAX! he is just freaking pro! pure AP biuld. it was late game i had 500AP. just by jumping on someone i was just pure raping!

anather champion in my **** list: Mordikaiser. so far i met only twats playing him. they are ussually very satisfied by themselfs too...

Advertisement