Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Split already, queues are ruining such a great game :|

WTF, an hour twenty to get in for me. Havent played in two weeks or so meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

split did not happened yet.

i still play with people who should be in east.

i had awesome game as moakai. 5v5 premades.

i was tank and my score "4 0 32" LOLOLOLOLOL

god i love him! :p

was thinking of leona, but i got moakai to tank, chogath now and then too.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Even though I've not yet got the desire to play ranked, you do need to consider it.

I'm sure Maoki never gets banned but there is no harm having experience with alternatives just incase. Again, I've no desire for Ranked but I mostly play carries/DPS and a lot of them, so I know no matter who was banned, I've options if I ever do consider such a game-style. Just because you have a Champ that fits X role doesn't mean you shouldn't try, or move towards, others of the same role. When I first started playing I had my heart set on playing WW 100% but then you realise this isn't a game, like WoW, where you can focus on one particular style, champ or role.

I know what you mean bud. I still learning, but I am finally getting the grip of it.

Every week I try out champs. I focus on what I need. I try to have all classes to play. Ad ap tank etc. So we can be more flexible.

For example one lad plays cathlyn and oriana freaking awesomely so he allways switches between ap and ad, but he is pure **** as tank, rammus.

Moakai and cho'gath are my tanks now, but I would stick something else in list. Leona looks class, but I wont buy any nee heroes on day One. I will wait for nerf stick first.

For ap i got Katherine and my all time favourite jax. Pretty sorted.

Now worse thing is: I don't have proper ad/carry :(.

I got udyr, but I am not great with him. He is not carry too :(. Hate playing vayne now. It's like playing with a bullseye on your head.. Allways get focused.

I wont go to ranked games, not now anyway. I really enjoy playing with friends now. One of the things I hated in Starcraft 2 was ranked matching. So much stress and way more thinking about lossing and winning and stats. Horrible! Way too much nerd rage!

Lol same I guess. I prefer just play for ****s and giggles. Really enjoying this game.

• Advertisement

RUSRS.png

RAGE!

RUSRS.png

RAGE!

Omg rammus 20 kills?! Lolololol

On lol topic. It's competitive, no doubt there, but it's very very very casual friendly too. You cam just play away with friends.

One thing that lol is awesome - showing the real face and skills of communication and team work of your friends. :)

I have a good friend who plays got blitz. Now everytime he picks it I allways just tell him to feck off from me and be as far as possible from my line. He laughed at beginning, but now I am very serious about it. He can't play it for ****, but he allways takes him no matter what. If he plays blitz it's 4v5. Once I counted how many times he missed grab in beginning while laming with me. 12 times in a row... I started laughing,after each fail. Then he grabed one of enemies in theyr turret range... I just jumped in with jax and fecked off as it was just a death ticket. He died and then started roaring at me for not doing damage... I just lolled again.

In team fights you can allways see 4 people gather up with no warning, but there will be allways one, who is creeping in the ather side of the map... You try to sat something but then he gets offended...

Lol is amazing filter to see who is a team player and who is epics whore :)

I have a good friend who plays got blitz. Now everytime he picks it I allways just tell him to feck off from me and be as far as possible from my line. He laughed at beginning, but now I am very serious about it. He can't play it for ****, but he allways takes him no matter what. If he plays blitz it's 4v5. Once I counted how many times he missed grab in beginning while laming with me. 12 times in a row... I started laughing,after each fail. Then he grabed one of enemies in theyr turret range... I just jumped in with jax and fecked off as it was just a death ticket. He died and then started roaring at me for not doing damage... I just lolled again.

Cant be worse than my mate HoboJoe: http://www.lolbase.net/matches/view/EU167420259

Cant be worse than my mate HoboJoe: http://www.lolbase.net/matches/view/EU167420259

Hehe. I like how his team has no assists and ather team us all full of assists :). What does it say about team work? :)

Hate Rambos in lol.

Last nights **** storm highlight - jarvin jungler... Then he was piping in to gang with 20% mana...

Hate junglers in random/semi random games. It's useless if you don't have skype/vent and playing not with friends.

Btw I encouraged very very good twitch for the first time. He was picking off junglers and solos just like a boss lol. I would add twitch in to the list of **** with blitz and Evelyn usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

Hey I am a new player, only level 16

Add me if you are up for a game

EireJoker

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hi folks, LoL has been on my HDD for ages and ive never really sunk my teeth into it,mainly thanks to other games taking up my gaming time but i like the genre and am always promising myself to give the game some game time so i plan to :)
    Anyways i was just wondering whats a good character to start to learn the ropes with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Ashe; she's cheap, her range will makes things easier while you're learning and you'll get a grasp of good positioning i.e. if you're being hit you're not in the right place :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Ashe is actually probably my worst ranged AD. Can't get used to her for some reason. Vayne is too freaking good and I can't help but choose Corki now that he's riding a manatee :3

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Vayne is free to play this week, set sail for epic fail in Normals... Figured I'd try her in CPU mode to see what all the fuss was about - Didn't think she'd be so much fun:

LoLVayne.jpg

Played two randoms last night with Vayne in my team and they were utter feeders and so bad : /

I'm playing alot of Akali and enjoying her, she is a little soft in terms od dieing and endgame definitly dies quickly, but with some early farm and ganks her damage output through early to midgame is insane, and late game just hit n run for massive damage.

Also not experiencing any Q's at all the last few days, anytime I'm logging on its logging me in straight away

CANT play all weekend :mad: so pissed off.

my internet disconnects ever 2 minutes. tryed 2 lol games. and getting dced every 2 mins is freaking pain!

so no proper internet all weekend :(. eircom engeener should look in to it next week :rolleyes:. more likely next month... :(

so no lol for me for awile....

as for vayne. she got nerfed alot. its easy to play vs A.I. , but when you play vs people its very hard. She dies very easily. Vaybe is like blitz i guess: you newer get good one in your team, but opponents team has allways half decent one...

LolBase parser is still down after the new deploy, wish your man would get on it(who am I to bitch though, its a free service).

Btw anyone tried hoN? It does look great in fairness, you need to buy account with them? Looks like it's 10 quid now.

I am really tempted to try it out.

LolBase parser is still down after the new deploy, wish your man would get on it(who am I to bitch though, its a free service).
    Check out http://www.lolstatistics.com/ in the mean time. I'm not sure how they compile their stats but they're very up to date. No uploading logs or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mavvvy

Btw anyone tried hoN? It does look great in fairness, you need to buy account with them? Looks like it's 10 quid now.

I am really tempted to try it out.

Yep i've tried Hon, seems quite good and faster paced, but its got a tough shell to break into. Note though its a lot less friendly to newcomers then lol is, as compared to lol fights can be over in milliseconds.

Seifer wrote: »
    Check out http://www.lolstatistics.com/ in the mean time. I'm not sure how they compile their stats but they're very up to date. No uploading logs or anything.

Cheers, took its time gathering but good stuff.
    Leaves 0

Wonder how long I can keep this going :p

K/D is 0, so I guess its only taking ranked into account.

• Advertisement

Mavvvy wrote: »
    Yep i've tried Hon, seems quite good and faster paced, but its got a tough shell to break into. Note though its a lot less friendly to newcomers then lol is, as compared to lol fights can be over in milliseconds.

i heard community is rotten in HoN. Alot of elitist pricks.

ah well, i cant play bouth untill my connection is sorted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mavvvy

i heard community is rotten in HoN. Alot of elitist pricks.

This very much this (was trying to be diplomatic :D), in summary got a bad taste in my mouth and came back to lol.

Especially when joining a game flagged for noobs, then getting insulted to high heaven by smurf account arse vents.

Thanks to CherryGhost, we now have a LoL room on the boards TS.

Thread is here with all the info:

If you're up for a game just idle in channel and wait for others.

As suggested before we should set up a group game time daily/weekly.

I plan on being on there later once I've fixed me bloody droid.

I'll be up there too when I am not playing with my friends.

First I need fecking Internet!!!!!

totalwin.png

2 on 3 from the start, but we lasted 32 mins and 14-6 kills, was gooood.

Then I had a game with a noob yi and ez and my buzz was ruined.

Say goodbye to your Eastern European friends; the split is happening tonight.

So we get boots from tomorrow then yeah?

So we get boots from tomorrow then yeah?
    It's unclear if the boost is activated upon login or just when the servers go up but assuming everything goes to plan (it won't :P), yes, it will be available tomorrow.

If anyone else is bored in work, check this out:

Worth watching all 7 weeks of it; there are some crazy plays in there. The Jax penta to save his nexus and win the game has to be my favourite with the kennen killing the stealthed eve a close second.

• Advertisement

boost what boob? anyone said boob? i like boobs.

btw i got a game with twisted fate and he is prety cool lol. i did failed my ulty 2 times lol

Advertisement