Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Seifer wrote: »
    Lol has bots; not up to much though.

when i started lol, bots were a good chalange. i was playing vs bots untill lvl 18.

i wishthey would do some sort of limit, where you can start PVP only at lvl 15 or something. i hate lvl 5 noobies, who dont even have general knowladge of the game.

you can be a newby, i dont mind, but atleast dont do stupid basic stuff :(

RopeDrink wrote: »
    To be a newby IS to do stupid basic stuff... Howelse is a noob going to learn "Dude, honestly, stop doing that..."

I've seen some noobs perform better than some level 30's and at times, even just a better attitude is a big positive over skill.

I remember a match with Epitaph where we had an apparantly decently ranked Akali player who, on dying early in mid, decided to troll the game buy buying retarded items and contributing nothing but feed to the enemy out of rage, spite or whatever... In this scenario I would have taken a level 5 newcomer who would have probably made more effort, than some egotistical moron who cant be bothered to play properly when things don't go their way.

At the end of the day, games like LoL and HoN AREN'T very beginner friendly - I had a relatively easy time mostly thanks to spending about 15 levels banging my face against Bot's - Then I started playing Normals to learn beyond how to counter 'scripted' reactions from Bots - It takes time and people are NOT forgiving when a 5v5 suddenly feels 4v5 because someone isn't exactly all that knowledgable - But sadly, you have to expect it and appreciate we all start somewhere.

Nobody seems to complain on one team when it's the OTHER team who has the newcomer :p You will both win AND lose matches because of it.

in all fairness i would newer rip off someone in general, unless they are being cocky bastords and allready falimg our team.

i really hate people who newer bother go VS AI and go PVP after rank 3 or 4. You can see in first 10 minutes if person is total noob.

had teemo like this, which did not even had a clue about this genre of game. i didnt said a thing to him thought, but my friend was quite bitchy about him :(.

i know we all were noobs before, but thats why lol is so great - it has BOTS! I played the living jesus out of bot games and i was still afriad to go pvp.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Hon is f2p now. I've heard the community is horrible though and the interface doesn't look clear in vids. Worth the learning curve?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

If you have an incredibly thick skin, i'm sure you can find stuff to enjoy in it.

Sorry but during todays game with a fellow boardsie (Orianna), when this happened, I did genuinely 'lol'.

Expected to die, figured I'd try peel them off, save Ori and then... Boom :eek:

that was really well played there.

for me its very bad day in lol thought. getting raped all day long.

• Advertisement

What champs this week? I am in a mood to try out something new, as I got only jax and moakai left.

How the hell do you loose a cpu game?

wow...

Been working most of the evening, sorry i couldnt lend a hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nunu being killed over and over by the Jungle :| Left me alone in lane taking heavy damage from enemy pair. Still won though, took off late game :)

Still, you'd think people would have the cop on to play AI first to learn the champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Started playing again after about a 8 month hiatus. Level 30 with over 50 champs unlocked. Add me if you want username is Irishdog.

Don't expect much out of me while i get the feel for the game again. I think it's going to be a dozen or so bot games before I get back into PVP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Miss Fortune is fun !

I have seen some miss fortunes rape so hard, that I wanted to punch kittens. Really good carry.

I have tried out nasus, but he is a tanky dps again FFs. Going full dps is sort of trollish.

I really don't enjoy playing lol or hon alone to be honest. I am used to play with 2-4 people all the time with skype or vent. Now with this stupid east west servers our community devided. Athers are on holidays :(.

I have seen some miss fortunes rape so hard, that I wanted to punch kittens. Really good carry.

I have tried out nasus, but he is a tanky dps again FFs. Going full dps is sort of trollish.

I really don't enjoy playing lol or hon alone to be honest. I am used to play with 2-4 people all the time with skype or vent. Now with this stupid east west servers our community devided. Athers are on holidays :(.

I was on HoN last night and I added you :O , and I made a EU west LoL account, my name is Knowns --- one game under my belt tho

GO_Bear wrote: »
    I was on HoN last night and I added you :O , and I made a EU west LoL account, my name is Knowns --- one game under my belt tho

We can try few games today m8. I was cba playing anything last night. Just spent alotof time in AH forum. You lough you losse... I lost alot...

I am stil at work thought :(

I will not be on tonight, heading home to see the folks, over the weekend I will try get on

GO_Bear wrote: »

One pretty well played game :)

New patch notes

Sounds like they could've given pantheon too much love. Happy to see the Kennen buffs as I used to enjoy playing him before they nerfed him into the dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

I wanted them to fix the glitch in orianna ball >__<

"Update failed:

An Unspecified Error has occurred"

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Advertisement

On Tuesday the couple I play lol with came backfrom holidays! Woot! So 3 of us had few games. 3 matches and I played monkey king. 3 wins. One of the games was 4v5 where's our teammate got dced at lvl 1 amd newer came back.

I have to say monkey king can rape ass. There is alot of bitching about his ulty being underpowered, but I thought it's pretty op. In team fights I would just jump in to middle of theyr group then ulty trolololol. The stuns just so op, while carries on my team pick them off one by one.

He is a glass cannon thought. Brain could 1 shot me with all his abilities. I was biulding more aggressive spec too thought.

I presume he is banned now too?

What you think on that new champ? I presume we will see him next week? I don't know about his abilities, but his ulty is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

On Tuesday the couple I play lol with came backfrom holidays! Woot! So 3 of us had few games. 3 matches and I played monkey king. 3 wins. One of the games was 4v5 where's our teammate got dced at lvl 1 amd newer came back.

I have to say monkey king can rape ass. There is alot of bitching about his ulty being underpowered, but I thought it's pretty op. In team fights I would just jump in to middle of theyr group then ulty trolololol. The stuns just so op, while carries on my team pick them off one by one.

He is a glass cannon thought. Brain could 1 shot me with all his abilities. I was biulding more aggressive spec too thought.

I presume he is banned now too?

What you think on that new champ? I presume we will see him next week? I don't know about his abilities, but his ulty is awesome.

How drunk or tired are you when you wrote this :p

Stev_o wrote: »
    How drunk or tired are you when you wrote this :p

quite early in the morning lol. and after very busy moment at work lol.

i still like MK thought :o

i only now realised that skarner is out... for few days now... i work too much lads :(.

even now, in 1h i will have to drive and meet estate agent to see some properties... i am up since 5:00 and finished work just 30mins ago... feck my life...

anyway, i was told that skarner prety **** ...

skarner 14/3/26 vs inter bots.

he is savage, but i can start countdown on his nerfing. ulty is awesome btw

Skarner is actually pretty weak, lacks a decent gap closer, doesn't really come close to the burst of other tanky dps and isnt really tanky himself.

He's a weak jungler and his only other viable lane is solo top where i can out harass / sustain him with pretty much anything, mordekaiser, jarvan, irelia, singed.

The scaling on E is just horrific, the range on Q is also really bad. His only decent spell is his ultimate and its really only just as good as a rammus taunt.

He needs a buff really, hes just outclassed by any other tanky dps.

Pantheon at the moment, is bloody god tier. His spear hits like a feking ten ton truck. I'm just playing ranked till this is resolved because he just facerolls anyone in lane at the moment, he needs to be fixed or banned in every game.

Pantheon at the moment, is bloody god tier. His spear hits like a feking ten ton truck. I'm just playing ranked till this is resolved because he just facerolls anyone in lane at the moment, he needs to be fixed or banned in every game.

Yeah, he's strong enough but he hasn't come up much for me recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Eirezman

Just out of sheer curiosity - Who here plays League of Legends?

I'd like to buff up my friends list a bit and maybe get to play with people who don't see a reason to spout "Noob", "OMG" pc game store onlinecdkeyseller.com everytime you're playing at level 8 (Moi) and not acting like some pro super hero after one single day of trying it out :rolleyes:

In short, I just randomly decided to give it a shot last night and... I can't stop playing it.

Sadly, I've checked some guides and info but putting it into practice isn't always possible.

I've taken a big shine to Warwick (Free to play at the moment) but as a Jungler I find I'm often asked by the rest to take a lane instead because they want to do this, that and the other pc game seller onlinecdkeyseller.com preferences rather than the strength of the team.

Finding it hard to learn and practice so I'm just generally Co-Op'ing vs Intermediate AI 5v5 just to get some levels and experience before I even contemplate PvP.

Anyone else out there got their teeth sunk into this game?
    Just started playing it myself recently

All the bant is gone out of this thread.

• Advertisement

Huh? What happened? What did I miss?!

Advertisement