Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

The last decent tournament level champion riot released was nocturne unfortunately. The thread dies down a bit when the last 3 months have seen a slew of very meh champions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

That's not really true. Since Nocturne we've had: Brand, a strong tournament pick, Rumble, who was banned in nearly every game at Dreamhack, Vayne, very strong pick until she ate a few nerfs and Orianna, who is currently a top ban.

List of champions here. You can re-order it by release date by clicking on the little arrow thing in the column header.
    Ashe was one of the original champs but there was no first champ.

Your are totally right seifer, dunno what i was thinking, just tired this morning i guess.

Though you cant deny leona, skarner, monkey king have all been pretty meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Your are totally right seifer, dunno what i was thinking, just tired this morning i guess.

Though you cant deny leona, skarner, monkey king have all been pretty meh.

I like skarner. I play him for ****s and giggles. Nothing beats running away from someone, then last second do ulty and drag them in to the swarm of your team or tower lol. Killed few champs like that. I can only imagine the epic facepalm on enemy team :)

Monkey king was pretty fun I have to say. He is really funhot and run. His ulty would be pro, but it can be interrupted by anything. So makes it total waste in game where people know atleast basics.

I hate to agree, oriana is pretty cool.

Thought when our team is lossing a bit I just go to my solid and best option: jax! He allways puts a smile on my face. Few days ago poppy tried to go 1v1. I loled. She was underfed at that too. I ended up with 3/4 of health after fight trolololol.

• Advertisement

Controversial views always get the board going...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

was playing this yesterday. was on a mates laptop that couldnt run the game properly but from what i played, HoN seems like the better game.. probably because HoN is more like dota but i dunno, the ppl that played seemed alright, there was 1 or 2 morons but that was to be expected.

Riot just upped their game with a 5 million dollar prize pool for season 2!

take that DOTA...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Which Kennen skin do I want?

Swamp looks like Yoda... which is awesome. The other recolour is either Darth Maul or Deadpool.. not sure. Karate isn't a recoulour, always good... MD throws scalpels, kinda cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

This is the most expensive pissing contest I have seen yet !!!

But one of the pro DoTA teams was bought out for 6.2m in China, while the game is still in beta (alpha?) .... :P

First place at Dreamhack HoN is 16,000 dollars :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Meirleach

An Irish LoL players thread, why I never. Now what I'm curious to know, is if anyone else gets this odd error I get almost constantly.
    lolfailed.th.jpg

Happens almost every game, clicking retry lets it launch, it seems to be ISP related but I'm wondering if any of you guys have had this issue, or something like it before.(interestingly it seemed to start happening after eircom 'upgraded' the exchange nearby)

It doesn't actually stop me playing, it is just really irritating :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Theres another thread in Strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Never even noticed :eek:

Time for a match now, or maybe just a look around - Avoided LoL for a day or two to take a break but for some reason I'm finding myself wanting to backstab someone with Shaco...

The server change seemed to have worked a treat in some respects - Sure, the odd bit of lag but none of this "SERVICE UNAVAILABLE" for 2hrs garbage, or 20min-2hr wait times to log in ;) Unfortunately I've lately found myself being teamed up with complete morons, the type who insta-lock with multiple AP/AD carries, no supports, no tanks, don't want to jungle, generally instamake a completely retarded team that we have to put against, weirdly enough, the enemies who ALWAYS seem to have a really solid comp each time :eek:

Get to 30 and start doing ranked already!

Oh Jax I forgot how much fun you are.

Stev_o wrote: »
    Get to 30 and start doing ranked already!

Oh Jax I forgot how much fun you are.

JAX is fecking pro. its like a bitch slap master lol.

I've been level 30 for about 1.5-2months or more dude :p

Just tried Maokai, bloody hell he's a lot of fun - Best laugh in the game, as well.

i play moakai full time as tank. he is pro pro pro in team fights.

" WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE " - epic line there m8 ;)

http://iemgamescom.leagueoflegends.com/

One of the matches just about to start on this, am I the only one watching? :D

Nope watched the last game which was pretty cool, gotta love Reginalt and his aggressive play style taking tower hits at level 4 for no reason :P

This match should be INTEREEEESTING some quite powerful chars for both teams.

Very strange to see Trist these days never seen her at this level.

Tristana isn't uncommon really, with ArP Runes so I'm not suprised seeing her used - Loved how there was so many steady kills going on that she could use four rocket jumps back to back hunting down the team.

Those guys got steadily stomped, very one sided, almost 30k more gold than them and everything by the end.

She's unusally in the sence that you'd usually she the usual Ashe, Cait and Vayne ahead of her.

Yeah they got beat in the jungle and on champ select. Udyr completely shut down Gragas up top with his shield. Reginald with his aggressive play baited them all day long. But my god Olaf was baaaaaaaaaaaad.

Jax vs Udyr *grabs food* now this is going to be quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Stop playing normals if you want a standard comp. Normals are where people try out new champs or go to get a game with a certain champ they just feel like playing.
    Either queue ranked (still occasionally get bad comps here of course) or queue with friends.

• Advertisement

Not sure if you're keeping track but all the healing supports are coming in for some reworks in the patch. Mainly to reduce sustain. Soraka is getting significantly reworked.
    Karma has been talked about getting some changes e.g. silence on her beam, her beam hurts target aswell, but I'm not sure where they are with those.

And a lovely Jax nerf for ShadowHearth. You sure do love playing those flavour of the month champs ;)

Start playing ranked rope, you have a jungle build that works on warwick, a really decent top lane morde and you know more about support than ALOT of ppl i find online.

If you are smart about your own play you'll find alot more sensible people in the ranked queue. On the flip side man, if they ban/pick most of the champions you play and you are last pick and cant play the AP mid or AD carry bot the team needs, it really wont go down well.

People genuinely care about proper team composition in ranked, in my experience you will almost always get a team that at least works on paper, as opposed to normal where people usually just want to play carries 24/7.

And yeah depending on the scale of these nerfs karma should see more play, it was a factor but not the main problem, karma lacks the clutch/initiation or simply badass ultimates of other supports. Come on how many times did an ulti from janna, zilean, sona or soraka win a team fight in the IEM, karma cant effect a team fight in the same way, thats her problem.

I feel janna is really going to be better than ever as she was more than able to keep up with crazy sustain soraka / sona before this patch.

Seifer wrote: »
    Not sure if you're keeping track but all the healing supports are coming in for some reworks in the patch. Mainly to reduce sustain. Soraka is getting significantly reworked.
    Karma has been talked about getting some changes e.g. silence on her beam, her beam hurts target aswell, but I'm not sure where they are with those.

And a lovely Jax nerf for ShadowHearth. You sure do love playing those flavour of the month champs ;)

Feeeeeeeeck! :D

I played yesterday my last days of jax. He will be like tf soon anyway. Gone from lol scene.

Played with some clan full premades. Had few failures, but last game was epic. Full biuld including trinity force. On enemy team we had fully built tank cho'gath. Was freaking bad! After 1h++ we won! Epic game!

Might play few games with them again as by the looks of it they liked me :). Ts server with atleast 2x5 groups constantly playing. Fun lads too. They said they got Irish fella too, but he was not on yesterday :)

Seifer wrote: »

FFS he's been like Panth in the past 2 months of patching. I wish they'd make up their own mind. The reaction to him is way OTT anyway. If he's in any lane with decent CC == dead.

For those interested in that sort of thing; they have changed the way reward tiers for ranked are calculated (info here)
    Jarvan skin ftw B)

Nidalee got destroyed in the patch, hotshotgg isnt happy.

Karma was left untouched as as a result is a really strong support now.

so how did they molested jax? his jump is changed in to tickle ?

I dont know, i just laughed my ass off at hotshotgg's stream all evening.

All i know is the new champ is a bit of a lightweight in lane and nidalee is royally fuked.

• Advertisement

And soraka seems to be incredibly strong now. As a solo too.

Advertisement