Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

RopeDrink wrote: »
    LOLReplay for the matches and good ole FRAPS for recording. LOLReplay had issues with FRAPS in the past but now they've added fixes to make it work perfectly fine. Can turn on FRAPS mode in the LReplay settings and voila, lossless quality recordings.

does LoLreplay only record your PoV ?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Meirleach

GO_Bear wrote: »
    does LoLreplay only record your PoV ?
    It technically records everything your team can see, but sometimes the health bars get fecked up, because the client doesn't update them all that frequently if the champs aren't visible on the screen.

You can see this behavior even when not recording, if you look at the team side bars the health does not update all that often unless the champion is visible, which is odd because the ult indicators on the sidebar update much more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yup, while it appears the devs have done a good job at fixing a lot of the bugs, this is something they should really work on. I assume it was done to reduce the load on the host/connections, but really it must be trivial on modern hardware.

As above, LoLRecorder saves everything a client machine receives, to prevent people hacking you obviously arent fed data about the opposition when they're in the fog of war, including mins and NPCs. Its quite possible to record a whole game, not just your lane, though, if you wanna spend ages frapsing and cutting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Yorick tier 4? Er... Bitches still don't know how good jungle Yorick is.

Trashed a Yorick so hard last night with sion, good bants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

You guys realise that that tier list is just one guy's opinion? And Elementz always seems to be pretty late to the flavour of the month party.
    There are a few wtf's I spotted from a quick scan; Yorick in tier 4 being one of them. He destroys top and somehow managed to avoid Riot's crusade against sustain. They are aware of his issues though so make use of him while you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

Seifer wrote: »
    You guys realise that that tier list is just one guy's opinion? And Elementz always seems to be pretty late to the flavour of the month party.
    There are a few wtf's I spotted from a quick scan; Yorick in tier 4 being one of them. He destroys top and somehow managed to avoid Riot's crusade against sustain. They are aware of his issues though so make use of him while you can.

Elementz's opinion is the only opinion!

No but really in the absence of any other consolidated views on the current state of solo queue champions by a long standing member of the lol community its fun to discuss these things.

You might have a better insight on yorik but while his harass is pretty amazing his actual damage is really bad. Yorik can harass other tanky dps in lane but he cant really trade with them, especially when they start getting some mitigation items. He does abuse the crap out of certain top lane solos without alot of sustain like teemo.

Irelia does pretty well versus yorik. yorik looses the trade everytime.

You might have a better insight on yorik but while his harass is pretty amazing his actual damage is really bad. Yorik can harass other tanky dps in lane but he cant really trade with them, especially when they start getting some mitigation items. He does abuse the crap out of certain top lane solos without alot of sustain like teemo.

Irelia does pretty well versus yorik. yorik looses the trade everytime.
    Harass is damage? He's not a burst caster or an AD carry but in lane he will slowly whittle you down while healing off you or the creeps.
    How does Yorrick lose to Irelia? He can out push and out sustain her.
    I always find them fun because I always seem to play 75% of Champs of whom always find themselves low in the list - And debating that can be fun or, at least, knowing that just because they are lower does not mean you can't kick a teams face in with that Champ. It seems to be all about 'carrying' a whole team, however, and nobody will agree that Yorick is a great choice for that. Yes he's a pest in the solo-lane and winning that lane gives an advantage but later in the game he's just not adding half as much as what others add.
    Yorick is not a carry he is a tanky dps so he fills the same role as any tanky dps except he has a much better laning phase. And when it comes to team fights he makes it a 6v5 creating an extra AD carry in your favour.

The best point Elementz makes is in his description of tier 4 champs:
    These champions are usually played by people who love these champions for their design and play style so usually people who play these champions I find aren’t bad players at all so letting them play these champions sometime is a good choice.
    Which pretty much says that you should always be playing your personal strongest champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

i know hotshotgg is one of the best players out there, but hes very new to irelia and this is honestly how most my matchups with yorik go.

If you tries to run in and harass you or auto a creep you trade with him, and you keep trading until he can only cast from range, and by that point you are so far ahead in cs you have won your lane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSzIPHsTc8Q&feature=feedu_more

Only watched the first part but the Yorrick is ridiculously passive (maybe fear of one of the best players?).
    Irelia was in the creeps last hitting and he was doing nothing. If he uses the heal ghoul from level one every time she comes in for a last hit then she takes damage while he heals. At level 3 he and his ghouls get a boost in damage when all three are out that means every time they trade he's gonna come out ahead.

• Advertisement

I would say Rumble is my best champ and I find Yorick hella difficult to lane against. The slow keeps you away from him and you can only really start ignoring his harass once you get your revolver and giant's belt. Until then I wouldn't recommend the determination it takes to push through his wave of bullsh(t.

As I keep saying, Yorick is a fantastic jungler, with blue he can clear the thing whilst sustaining himself very well. His w is a better ganking tool than most have as you can cast it without necessarily being in range or having sight. As for damage? I'm sorry but with a sheen and wriggles, you'll be surprised at what happens when he actually gets the spade on you, all the while spamming, slowing and sustaining. Also, you get a successful gank and then you clone the AD and it's byebye tower. Ever have 2 Vaynes in a teamfight? Holy ****ing sh*t.

Yorick for me is AT MINIMUM tier 2 being a high sustain, high harass tanky DPS with a whole lot of utility that can solo or jungle with the best of them.

Also, taking dragon with 2 Yoricks with wriggles... Broken.

Hows about a little boards tourney then :pac::pac:

People can put forward and play their favorite top lane solo champs against one another,in a one on one duel fest extravaaaaganza, in an attempt to put their money were the mouth is ! Would be nice to test this new spectator thingy as well :P

Perhaps even categories like mid solo v mid solo etc as well

Or else we could get a few mixes together?

Easily get 10 players. I'd quite like to get an Irish team of a high level to play with. I know a good few Irish players but it's hard to get a solid 5 who are all good at the game.

I enjoy having fun in the game but I'd really love a proper premade to try and climb the ladder with.

I'd be up for it. Mid solo's sounds more interesting; more killing :P
    What'd the victory condition be? First to take enemy's tower? First blood? First to 100 cs?

I would be up for it although my play time is limited to maybe just one or two games in the evenings up until christmas, have one of those ****ty deadlines which get in the way of my gaming ....

But you have to bear in mind that some ( well me anyways ) are not level 30, and only have a hap hazard set of runes :o not to mention my choice of charterers to buy has been .... interesting ( Bought Fiddle and Nocturne and am still woeful at jungling .... although fiddle was for Dom, Dive the tower with crow storm BWABWABWABWABWABWA Triple kill :D )

and the victory condition is the first person to bullseye a womp rat in a t-16.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I'd like to join in to a mix game. like GO_Bear I've limited time. 1 or 2 games a night. lvl 30 with 200+ games ish.

Any chance of one tonight with a few ppl? It would be nice to get 2 teams together and organise teamspeak/skype... ?

ARAM > solo mid - more fun

Sniipe wrote: »
    I'd like to join in to a mix game. like GO_Bear I've limited time. 1 or 2 games a night. lvl 30 with 200+ games ish.

Any chance of one tonight with a few ppl? It would be nice to get 2 teams together and organise teamspeak/skype... ?

Not sure if I am around tonight, but when I am on, me and another mate of mine ( lower level again ) are on Boards.ie TS3 Linky to Thread in the LoL channel, I think people just start congregating there perhaps, I have been teaching my mate who is new to MoBA's, but I think the best way to learn is trial by fire now

Add me: m00c0w

If I'm on, I'm on. Can prob grab a few if we're shy. I gots Mumble, vent and Skype. TS3 installed incorrectly and am not sure if arsed reinstalling.

Random fun mixes sound good to me too. On most nights but probably won't be on tonight.
    Add Fastpaws.

cool, I've added the three of you just now.
    Going to wonder into the Boards.ie teamspeak. If you see me online let me know you are a boardsie and I'll put you into a nice new boardsie folder

• Advertisement

Last 2 ranked games I got

16-2-13 on Rumble
    11-1-8 on Cait

But it's not even fun stomping lows. What's even worse is that I know in my next game I'll prob get a retard team and sink back down again. You really have to be able to CARRY so hard in solo queue.

I've heard the best role to take solo is AP mid if you can carry. Maybe I should start learning Cass/Kass.

Didn't get any notification... If you meant you invited me, that is ^^

I did mean to - was having some issues with the client... don't know if they are fixed yet.

Patch preview:

Shaco box changes ;) Morello calling it an overall buff though.

I'm in for the evening so definitely interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Rhinocen is my lol name. Be around a bit tomorrow and tuesday would be interesting to get a proper team game for once!

Was gonna make a post with everyones stats, but then some names arent returning results, parser is always on the blink though.

Seifer: Y U NO LIKE STATS?
    --Sniipe: No sig available....http://www.lolstatistics.com/player/eu_east/19344856

Seifer: Y U NO LIKE STATS?
    Huh?

Seifer wrote: »
    Huh?

DERP

Used the wronger username :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Is this game harder or easier if you're coming from HoN ?

• Advertisement

The transition from HoN to LoL is very easy

Advertisement