Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

and Rope I am still waiting for you to post the clip of us at the bottom tower dropping three fools :P I know you recorded it !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Why have I no sig like the others?

Yes, I wiped the floor with their Annie ! Catalyst is the best item for the person solo bot, you level so fast the regen you get gives you such an edge

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sniipe wrote: »
    Why have I no sig like the others?

No idea, buggy site.

Shyvana looks like lots of fun, so buying her, even if they'll nerf her a week later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

One of the boardsie's here pointed out that I am limited with my pool of characters. I've only ever played unranked games. So I've a few questions.

1) The gain of IP, do some game types offer more than others?
    2) Are ranked matches any scarier than unranked ones?
    3) What's this draft mode thing about?

4)What would be a good base of characters to own and try to master so that I don't get stuck when it comes to picking one in a draft match (??)
    ie
    Its good to have 2 of each of the following: a supporter, tank, carry (if so in what order should I build them up?) The limited few I own would include:
    Shen , Sion, Yi, Rumble, Ashe, Cho'Gath, teemo (I'll find out the rest I own when I log in later at home)

5) I saw the Tier listing by ropedrink, and wonder overall it changes much?

Can we get a google doc of ppl by LOL and Boards username.

I like the way I get invites from ppl from boards; I'm definitely a n00b so, I'm concerned I'll get found out soon and not get any more invites!?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Sniipe wrote: »
    1) The gain of IP, do some game types offer more than others?
    Riot have tried to implement a system where you are getting the same ip per minute regardless of what mode you play so no, not really.
    2) Are ranked matches any scarier than unranked ones?
    Not particularly. The only difference is that you will be expected to pick what the team needs so you should be able to play all roles. It would also be expected that you are playing a champ you are familiar with. Of course their are plenty of trolls who do neither of these.
    3) What's this draft mode thing about?
    Play a draft normal and find out. Basically you take turns banning and picking champs and so you can see what your opponents are picking and theoretically counter-pick them.
    4)What would be a good base of characters to own and try to master so that I don't get stuck when it comes to picking one in a draft match (??)
    ie
    Its good to have 2 of each of the following: a supporter, tank, carry (if so in what order should I build them up?) The limited few I own would include:
    Shen , Sion, Yi, Rumble, Ashe, Cho'Gath, teemo (I'll find out the rest I own when I log in later at home)
    The 5 roles you'd need to be able to fill are: AD carry, AP carry, jungle, support and tank.
    5) I saw the Tier listing by ropedrink, and wonder overall it changes much?
    Try not to pay too much attention to the tier list but yes; usually with every patch as strong champs are nerfed a little and weak ones are buffed. Shifts in the whole meta game can occur which changes the relevant strengths of champs e.g. from AoE to tanky DPS, from solo AD carry mid to sticking the carry bot with a support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

currently winning in the leaving statistic!!

unfortunatly im suspended until november 4th :(

WiMax or something?

Thats a lotta leaves.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

nah just a sore loser/winner, its mainly all the teenage smack talk that gets to me - drives me insane!

I mainly play with my brother and two mates, one of which engages with them. When somebody post something stupid I can instantly hear him begin ragetyping, he can never let it go. I just bring up the scoreboard and hit ignore. Done.

• Advertisement

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Definately looks like a hell of a lot of fun - Will make this my new Melee champ - Doesn't look too OP - Hell for all we know, like Yorick, could be extremely UP on release, but hey, looks really nice.
    I dunno her Q seems kind of nuts. An on-hit build with wit's end + malady could give her a lot of burst especially with her autoattacks lowering the cooldown on it.

Her ratios:
    Q is a double strike, (1.0) + (0.8) total ad ratio. the second hit's ratio scales up to 1.0 at rank 5.
    W has a (0.2) bonus ad ratio, always aoe and can hit up to 6 times for a max ratio of (1.2) bonus ad.
    E has a (0.6) ap ratio.
    R has a (0.7) ap ratio.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Meirleach

On the subject of ranked, it can be insanely frustrating. You can play your goddamn arse off, but some halfwit with an internet connection that involves tin cans completely and utterly screws you over.

Yes I've just finished up an otherwise excellent ranked game, I hate this game sometimes. :o

neverload.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Meirleach

RopeDrink wrote: »

Playing Ranked with a potential 4 x random whiney little spoilt-brat ass-goblin bitch children does not sound appealing to me in the slightest when even NORMALS can be just as bad, if not worse - Least there's less at stake in Normals.
    What was interesting is that the 3 other people on my team were nice, friendly and didn't bitch or spam surrender votes once we hit 20mins. It's just that one bad(or not present) person in LoL can throw the whole game for you.

I should play some more dom, but none of the people I play with like it haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Oh for people who dont like watching other players rage, dominion is a good choice as people have less time to type crap, and also player deaths are less significant due to the faster respawns and lower relative gold rewards.

You know that feeling, when after 5 games YOU finally get a chance to play Gangplank because he fits into the composition ?, and you have been waiting along time for your chance to play one of your favorite heroes ?

Then to your delight you find your with 3 premades ... who pick good picks .. ? and you actually have a good feeling for once ?

FB to my mid and its 7/2 up ... then the 3 of them dc for 15 minutes and we lose ..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

GO_Bear wrote: »
    You know that feeling, when after 5 games YOU finally get a chance to play Gangplank because he fits into the composition ?, and you have been waiting along time for your chance to play one of your favorite heroes ?

But... Gangplank is probably one of the most versatile champs there is. You can play him in any lane or the jungle. You can have him as either the carry or the support.

Reading the patchnotes, I have a feeling Riven is going to be real popular soon.

I have indeed read this, however if I am going to play support I would rather play some one like Janna, I am only comfortable jungling with Amumu for some strange reason, and I also like to lane with a mate of mine, so am restricted when the other lane picks Tyrnd and Master Yi, and mid picks Vayne or some other ranged AD carry

Kold wrote: »
    Reading the patchnotes, I have a feeling Riven is going to be real popular soon.
    ? All they did was fix a few non-critical bugs. I've played her a good bit on Dom and never seen any of them.
    It's Wukong that's gonna be insane. He wasn't in a bad state beforehand and they give him a whole host of buffs.

Brother was playing this morning, new Shaco was able to spam boxes and clones and mega gank anyone that went into a bush, not cool.

Brother was playing this morning, new Shaco was able to spam boxes and clones and mega gank anyone that went into a bush, not cool.
    They pulled the activation time buff so it was just a straight out nerf to his boxes. And they didn't touch his ult cd so your brother must've been imagining things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Hey all, was posting here last week about getting started in LoL. I've been playing a bit over the past week or so, up to level 6 as of last night and have just purchased my 3rd champion. I played Ashe for the first half dozen games or so, then unlocked Amumu and played him for about 8 games, and last night pulled the trigger on Warwick, which I'll play tonight hopefully. Sound like ok beginner champs?

I'm still getting my head around the terminology, haven't engaged in chat at all just yet, haven't gone into the jungle either. Keep the same spells / runes / masteries the entire time and just go for whatever items are recommended to me in-game, seems the easiest thing to do for now. The only games I've played are Players-vs-Bots, 5-vs-5 Summoners Rift beginner level.

Anyhow, am having loads of fun and hope to keep improving - can anyone recommend somewhere to go for good champ guides / strategy / tactics? Is it worth continuing to unlock champs whenever I have the IPs, or should I be saving IPs for any reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

Its worse when your own connection that never ever fails somehow times out.

You were dominating your lane, got FB and were completely zoning them, suddenly bam, everything stops moving.

You run to reboot your router, it works you're back in the game 10 minutes later, but its too late, your opponent in lane killed you after you dc'd took 10 minutes of free farm and is now 80cs to your 10 and 4 levels ahead.

Painful.

ionapaul wrote: »
    Hey all, was posting here last week about getting started in LoL. I've been playing a bit over the past week or so, up to level 6 as of last night and have just purchased my 3rd champion. I played Ashe for the first half dozen games or so, then unlocked Amumu and played him for about 8 games, and last night pulled the trigger on Warwick, which I'll play tonight hopefully. Sound like ok beginner champs?

I'm still getting my head around the terminology, haven't engaged in chat at all just yet, haven't gone into the jungle either. Keep the same spells / runes / masteries the entire time and just go for whatever items are recommended to me in-game, seems the easiest thing to do for now. The only games I've played are Players-vs-Bots, 5-vs-5 Summoners Rift beginner level.

Anyhow, am having loads of fun and hope to keep improving - can anyone recommend somewhere to go for good champ guides / strategy / tactics? Is it worth continuing to unlock champs whenever I have the IPs, or should I be saving IPs for any reason?

Linky for Guides All the guides you will need mate, bear in mind that some may be for if the char is played in the jungle and some not, feel free to look around.

As for saving the IP, I kinda regret not saving my IP and spending it on a load of useless heroes, once you hit level 20 you can buy the Tier 3 runes for your rune book, they are expensive and can only be bought with IP while you can buy heroes with RP ( ones you have to spend money on ). So I would have to say, wait a while for buying one, wait at least 3/4 weeks ( champion rotations ) and play as many as you can, once you have found 1/2/3 heroes you really like and enjoy playing, buy them ( not buy 9 of which I now hate 7 like me :( )

I enjoy amumu, and would recommend playing him, he is robust and can really take off if you are having a good game. Don't be afraid to try out new items and crazy builds at the level your at, cause once you get towards the higher end people will chastise you for it ( if it fails ) so just enjoy the low level games and experiment as much as you can.

and if people flame or give you grief,

just type

" Br ? "
    " Gibe blue pls "
    " Huehuehue "

180025.jpg

Almost all of the ranked games I've lost in the last couple of days, I've had positive KDA. I'm really losing my rag with the ELO system. Why should I lose ELO when:
    a. I've been paired with retards.
    b. I've queuedodged because I don't have 20 minutes to spare on a retard set up.
    or most enragingly
    c. One of my teammates has left within the opening 3 minutes and keeps logging back in to see if the game is over yet.

I won my lane solo vs a Kog+Sona but just couldn't push hard enough to get the early win when someone respawns as soon as you get to the base.

Perhaps they could make higher death timers for the team with more players?

Rofl I just noticed the 2 teleports that were NEVER used to start a dragon fight when 2-3 of them were taking it and I was just waiting behind with an ult to try and steal.

Just noticed I ninjed the health ...

180627.png

Sona with Companion Box playing Graves support :D

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

worst support is worst!

stole 3 kills and 26 CS

• Advertisement

worst support is worst!