Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Argh, getting very fed up with LoL. Retard Sona, AFK Ashe, Retard Xin. It seems the higher I go the more idiots I encounter, I woulda expected less. May just get BF3 and go back to FPS, this **** just leaves me in a fouler.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I honestly cant play this game. I mean the gameplay is fine. But the fact you dont have access to all the heros and there are things outside the actual match that have an effect on the game doesnt sit well with me. I mean when im playing a match i want to know every hero im playing with and against inside out, otherwise i feel i cant be competitive.

Im sure its fun unlocking new heroes and leveling up but any non-vanity unlockables i dont think are suited to this type of game.

This is probably because im so used to hon and dota, but it actually made me suck at this game, not knowing the enemy heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

Draft mode tier list for the latest patch, once again to clarify, DRAFT mode is for ranking some of the best champions that benefit a team as a whole.

This is NOT a power list, its how well power, utility and synergy best benefit a team.

And ofc once again this is just elementz's opinion but its interesting to discuss it for those who aren't very well acquainted with the competitive scene.

http://rog.clgaming.net/tier-lists/45-draft-mode/latest

Also sona FTW!

RopeDrink wrote: »

Stick with it - Oh, and to the other person, won't matter if you move on to SC2, BF, hell, any game - Every single gaming community has it's brainless turds - LoL is no exception to the rule.

Yes, it sucks balls when you realise you've been matched with a brain-dead-dirt team of useless muppets, AFK'ers, Leavers, Ragers, Flamers or generally inexperienced nublets but this happens no matter what game you play.

In an FPS a **** team is an advantage, more targets for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

darego wrote: »
    very inactive thread :eek: i'm looking for a few more irish people for my team. we range from 1300~1600 elo

Myself and my brother are looking to play ranked, well, at least try it out since we haven't started just yet. Fresh enough level 30's

Thornography and Sayabella.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Spunge wrote: »
    I honestly cant play this game. ... I mean when im playing a match i want to know every hero im playing with and against inside out, otherwise i feel i cant be competitive.

This is probably because im so used to hon and dota, but it actually made me suck at this game, not knowing the enemy heroes.

I dont get it. Did you know every hon and dota hero inside and out when you started playing them? No you didnt. You learned them over time. Its the exact same thing lol. You get to know the heros as you level up. Plus the level system goes some way to ensuring you get that time whilst playing people your own level.

I dont understand what your point is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

ED E wrote: »
    Argh, getting very fed up with LoL. Retard Sona, AFK Ashe, Retard Xin. It seems the higher I go the more idiots I encounter, I woulda expected less. May just get BF3 and go back to FPS, this **** just leaves me in a fouler.

get to level 30 and play draft or ranked, it goes a long way to weeding out the dribblers.

Less than ten games away from 30 now, spose thats something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

im a newish player. been playing with a few lads on boards on Skype. good craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I'm still playing daily - I've been trying to master an all encompassing group. I'm happy with Sona now, so I think I'll move onto jungling next... I know fiddle (not as a jungler tho); but would I be better off learning Warwick or Shaco?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I have a lot of characters I never really use so decided to change up a little bit, jungled for the first time against bots earlier. Used Amumu, found he handled it well but I really don't know enough about jungling yet to be very effective - found that Twisted Fate who solo top while I jungled leveled quicker and had more CS than me.

So I moved on to Tryndamere - not as a jungle though, just for fun. Bought him ages ago but never used him, played one or two bot games which I enjoyed then a quick twisted treeline with the most OP 3 on a team ever - Jax, Zhao & Tryn.

Jax, Zhao & Tryn Vs Twitch, Morgana & Tryn - we were 14-0 for kills before 10 minutes and a quick surrender at 15 mins was the finished result.

Conclusion - tryn is fun to play.

Had my second ever DC yesterday(two days ago now actually, ****, its 3AM already), actually felt sick. Wasnt my fault though, proxy server went down and thus my VPN :(

Last six games were Dom, even though I played decent-well in all of them, I only won 3. Going to start doing draft as suggested, see if that helps things.

Another thing thats been bugging me is sloth machines. Riot should introduce a system where if a player takes longer than maybe 1/2 mins to connect to a game on a regular basis they get banned for a week. I've had several games that have wasted 10mins + waiting for some idiot on their celeron laptop from 2006. Its cool that the game is low spec but you've got to put a limit in place at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wazzamax

Hey there, how r yee ?

im not Irish :P but im in ireland and i play LOL , dose that count ? :P

anyway , add me pls ; wazzaMAX
    im lvl 27

my mains are Kat, Teemo and Sion <3

Skyrim has landed, see y'all in 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

People rage at each other in bot games? Why?

Olaf just gets nuts late game kinda like Trynd. You have a certain amount of time to end the game and if you don't he'll pretty much become unkillable. He's relatively quiet early game though so it balances out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 downey

Hey,
    been playing lol since around march now.
    only have 1 irish mate on here.
    add me, downberg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Current top bans?

1.Sion
    2.Akali (just because I dont trust teammates not to feed her)
    3.Graves
    4.Kassadin
    5.Morgana
    6.Talon

Don't agree with the Amumus and Lee Sins. Waste imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Meirleach

RopeDrink wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pIVRTR6Gwyc

Interesting. Changes to practically all ranged AD carries, a Sona nerf (Ugh!), Sion Nerf, changes to multiple summoner spells (Clairvoyance nerf? Ugh) and alterations to all three Mastery Tree's.

Should be a pretty up and/or down patch.

EDIT: Oh aye, completely forgot, ontop of that will have to wait and see how the new champ fares.
    The patch preview was pretty funny, "This is a tournament patch, so the changes will be conservative" and then BAM three redone mastery trees(although that was leaked on something awful a week or two back).

Oh, and those of you junglers who are are worried about the XP gain mastery being so high up the support tree, relax they buffed the XP gain from jungle critters ever so slightly so that you won't need it.

"We very slightly increased the experience gained from various jungle monsters in the next patch in order to remove the necessity of having the Awareness mastery. Junglers will not be pigeonholed into going Utility just to be viable." - Statikk

• Advertisement

Number of wins doesn't come into matchmaking, only elo. And you don't know how many of them are a premade.

Yeah, with premades in the mix you can never know how close the system gets it.

High elo smurfs or just random luckers than win their first 18 out of 20 games are ranked very favorably with someone with 1000 games and barely a 50/50 win ratio, number of games doesnt really factor into this.

You have a unique elo rating for every matchmade queue. You just can't see your non-ranked ones.

Notes are up. Those mastery and summoner changes are gonna be pretty big. Gonna see a lot more fail flashes in the next few days :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

391222_2266653182784_1142174961_32325737_739106538_n.jpg

This wasn't in the patch notes but there are now 6 bans in draft mode instead of 4, best patch ever!

This wasn't in the patch notes but there are now 6 bans in draft mode instead of 4, best patch ever!
    That's great news. You'd think they would've highlighted it, long overdue.

fizz in the jungle is absolute bonkers, his passive scales with level, at level 6 its like -10 damage reduction + masteries + armor, you literally take 0 damage from jungle creeps.

Then you build him tanky dps with attack speed to max W and completely rip things to shreds. Alot of people are going to try top lane AP though.

• Advertisement

Dom grinding for Fizz :D

Advertisement