Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I.. I don't know how to mastery page...

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Wow. Didn't think there was any lol chat going on boards. Could only find a dead thread a few months back.

Myself and a few mates play fairly regularly. Iv been 30 for about 2 months and the rest are in the 20s. If people are looking to put teams together, let me know. Il play whatever but prefer not to support. Getting a bit sick of it. I do have a 90% win record with Soraka though :P

SN: Cunning Alias

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Fizz is great fun. Only tried him on Dom. and he seems to hold up ok, 5 games, 5 golds.
    Curious to see how he works on SR. Not sure where he'd be best played, I'm thinking mid but he might get zoned too easily by some casters early.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Might pop on if ye start doing teams :O got into the dota 2 beta though so I am now splitting myself between HoN,LoL and dota :O dam my indecisiveness !

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

GO_Bear wrote: »
    Might pop on if ye start doing teams :O got into the dota 2 beta though so I am now splitting myself between HoN,LoL and dota :O dam my indecisiveness !

Damn you!

Dont know how HoN would even be on the table when you have DOTA 2 but yeah would love to get some organized games going.

Fizz can trade okay in lane, but he gets completely dominated by anyone with decent sustain. His jungling is alright but he really doesnt have the best damage if you go attack speed and you cant jungle with AP items, i wasn't impressed unfortunately.

Hes a pretty decent mid if you can time your E well.

• Advertisement

Damn you!

Dont know how HoN would even be on the table when you have DOTA 2 but yeah would love to get some organized games going.

Well I could only bring two people with me into the beta, one who is the guy I play LoL with and has never played HoN/Dota so is terribad, and the others comp is quite old so he lags, and as with all MoBA's solo que can get annoying at times. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the game, its just when four of the lads are playing HoN I pop in for a game or when the lads are on US LoL I pop on as well

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

So I played 3 games with Fizz last night and this was the score in the last one. Even had one on their enemy team. http://i.imgur.com/Du54q.jpg

He is great fun if you are looking for an interesting character to play. The Q and E give loads of fun options on how to move around in a fight. Had a great laugh running from a fight then turning on them, Q to far behind them and then E to bounce away. :)

His early game is a bit slow but I did ok solo top against 2 (Shen+Blitz horrible lane :mad:). He is also very slow at clearing waves of minions unless you use your E and that can leave you without your main escape.

His Ult is just epic.

Some interesting numbers...
    1.3 million players playing at the same time is pretty insane :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Playin loads of league myself, on NA servers though. The players are much better there I find.

Started playing with an Irish guy called Statzie, he's one of these gold account top 16 types so suprised he has the patience to endure me going through the learnin curve ! :D

But anyway.. we play in squareyes on tuesdays for the dayrate, any Galway people wanna come in for a premade just drop in, North America accounts only tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

-Vega- wrote: »
    But anyway.. we play in squareyes on tuesdays for the dayrate, any Galway people wanna come in for a premade just drop in, North America accounts only tho!
    I might join you.

• Advertisement

-Vega- wrote: »
    Playin loads of league myself, on NA servers though. The players are much better there I find.
    This is from your experience of leveling up your level 30 EU account?
    Started playing with an Irish guy called Statzie, he's one of these gold account top 16 types so suprised he has the patience to endure me going through the learnin curve ! :D
    Top 16?

There's really no reason to play on US when you're in the EU now. Back around beta time, LoL in Europe was run by GOA. The servers were horrendous and that is why a lot of people setup US accounts. Once Riot took over the EU operation things slowly improved to the current situation where there is no difference between the stability of the two platforms. You're just degrading your experience by playing with that manky ping.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 statued

Sniipe wrote: »
    I might join you.

for any1 else in the Galway area theres a gaming Cafe in eyre square
    ( http://www.squareyes.com/ ) where a good few of us are playing LoL and seeing more faces in there each week. Feel free to add myself 'statzie' or 'down2brown' (US servers) ingame to find out more details of when we meet up to play (usually tuesdays/wensdays or thursdays)

a little something from a hero to galway lol players
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfLnH193AQM

Fixed it for you G, You take the code at the end of a youtube link and rap it in the youtube tags

I love you Donal, I was making a ass of myself :p The little train that will..or great shame.

How not to take advantage of a disconnect:

So Shaco can level 1 dragon thanks to the new masteries ¬_¬
    (3:45 in below vid)

RopeDrink wrote: »
    To be fair it's useless information in terms of actual matches - For it to work Shaco needs all the time in the world to lash out enough boxes, has to start with 2xBuff potions and relies 100% on not being interrupted. If he IS interrupted, say goodbye to jungling unless you get someone to support you getting a buff in order to keep up, you're going to be playing catchup for a very long time as those +Buff potions to start with are the last thing you want when starting a jungle, especially if people have gained a few levels by the time he has to as the neutral camps also gain levels.

I can't imagine anyone ever letting Dragon go at level 1 - Always someone scouting that blue camp and all you have to see is a Shaco for it to be stupidly obvious - He'll have no Decieve at 1 so he won't even be able to escape if people hunt him down (Assuming they're not stupid enough to walk into the boxtrap).

Nobody seemed to kick up a fuss when a video was released AGES ago of an AP Shaco solo'ing Baron when it spawned thanks to enough boxes, for the same reason as Dragon - It's just not going to happen in a Normal game or Ranked game vs any team with any form of awareness. Outside of that, yes, it's cool.
    It's pretty much the opposite of useless information. Now people will know to keep an eye on dragon if the enemy team has a shaco jungler. Had this video not been made then no one would be doing that.
    Doing it as bot team would be risky but as top that is your blue side anyway and the enemy team is going to be guarding their jungler so it is very unlikely anyone would wander into dragon at level 1. And as the guy in the video said he could probably have done it without the ignite so you could take flash if you're worried about having no escape.
    It's a trade-off with the risk of potentially putting yourself behind against putting your team significantly ahead.

Come on - In all seriousness, what player is going to take that chance - Buying 2xElixirs leaves you absolutely no startup jungle possibility without help if it fails - And again, I'm not even remotely suprised this was possible given Shaco was capable of solo'ing Baron, so no shock that with a few tweaks the the masteries he can now solo Dragon at 1 with pretty much the age old 'lol boxes killing neutrals'.
    A few champs can solo baron, not a level 1 so it's not really relevant. A few tweaks can completely change a champ's power level.
    But even if people don't see that video and know he can do it, people are bound to realize what he's up to - And those who DO know he can do it... CV at start zone to see what people buy, thats the plot ruined before he's even left base if he's bought them, given you need to have those boxes spammed out before Dragon even spawns, so waiting around to not have CV make it obvious isn't an option.

There's literally no real way a Shaco would get the opportunity to abuse this trick against any team with half a brain.

Shacos used to red pot first to go for the red buff -> level 2 gank so seeing elixirs isn't going to give anything away if you haven't seen the vid.
    You need to have boxes out to do blue or red and it severly hurts Shaco's jungle if the enemy team comes and pops his boxes but how often do you see that happening even though he can only start in one of two places?
    Why would anyone CV dragon area at the start of the game if you haven't seen the vid?

Missing the point. Shaco 'could' ensure the team got Baron as soon as it spawns (Obviously you can't get level 1 Baron as it doesn't show up until X time) and solo'ing Baron is specifically for max-built level 18's normally, so this was pretty relevant when a lower level Shaco solo'd Baron on spawn, the same way a level 1 Shaco getting Dragon on spawn can be important.
    Jax and fiddle can solo baron before 18 and there are probably others.
    And it's not relevant because if you let Shaco solo the Baron 15 minutes into the game then you basically haven't been paying attention for 15 minutes i.e. zero warding, fail to notice he's not ganking, fail to notice his build.
    Difference is, not a soul is going to be interested in the empty Baron cove early game when they know he's not even there, but Dragon is a prime point of interest, and people usually scout it.
    No, they don't. Each team usually guards their jungler. Some times one team goes for a first blood gank. There is a reason the bottom teams jungler defenders walk down through their own side of the jungle and not the river.
    You will never see ANY Shaco previous to this patch every use Elixirs, unless it was some gimmick used back when I wasn't even playing LoL...
    Shacos used to red pot to red buff to get first blood. This was before they nerfed the elixirs.
    He has no sustain and he'll be oom by the time he's cleared Golems or Wraiths (after either buff) and losing health, moreso without armor or pots, so unless you wanted to sit around regen'ing forever to try and gank, an Elixir of all things isn't helpful. I'm the only Shaco who seems to start at Blue, clear the jungle to Red, box it, get Red THEN gank. After that I offer Blue to the team as I probably don't need mana as much anymore to do my job.
    Plenty of Shaco's still start red and go for the early gank. It's risky because it relies on you securing the kill or you fall behind.
    The whole concept of buying two elixirs to MAYBE get a Dragon kill if the enemy team are just completely and utterly totally clueless and not even aware of the Shaco standing in the Dragon den planting 20 boxes... Just doesn't appeal.
    The guy plants the first box at 0:30 and the dragon spawns at 2:30 i.e. pretty much the exact time frame that is used to setup for blue or red.
    EDIT:
    When did I say CV / Dragon? If you CV base, you will see whats bought - If the Shaco suspects a team knows the trick, and waits for CV to end to buy Elixirs, he's lost the chance due to less boxes. So a Shaco would have to buy Elixirs and rush Dragon immediately while box spamming. We've already agree'd that the only team who's probably not going to notice are those who've not seen the vid and maybe start at the Bottom (Blue) side as they aren't likely to pass out of top blue (Near Dragon) to protect a jungler (if any). Even writing all that out just makes it sound ludicrous...
    I already addressed this, anyone who hadn't seen the vid would just assume the Shaco is going for first blood. And the Shaco could just eat the elixirs as soon as he buys them and it's less likely the other team would even notice the buffs.
    It only sounds "ludicrous" because it's been made into a video. There was a reason Riot buffed the dragon and Baron to prevent them being soloable too early so it wouldn't surprise me if they do something to address this.

• Advertisement

Decided to try this out but can't get it to work even in a custom game. He has 20% CDR so he must use flat CDR runes which allows him to get an extra box out maybe. Also his AP is 10 higher than my pages allow me to get. I also feel that ignite is necessary from the bonus ap and ad you get from it being on cd as well as the damage. Since AP Shaco isn't terribly viable on SR it probably isn't as big an advantage as I thought even if you could pull it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just updated to LolRecorder 0.7.2 . Wow, looking shlick.

More massive changes:

I love the minion damage to champs nerf and the health pot nerf. Too hard to tell how the jungle will play out. I hope it means if you fail a gank you fall further behind so there will be less of the constant jungler living in your lane style ganks.

Whats the best tool to use to record league games without lagging them up or having to drop the gfx quality? Is it fraps or is there a specific recorder for league?

What do ye use ?

Thanks ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DJBlol

Nice to see some irish summoners :D add me on LoL

IGN: DJBONOXD

Usually playing quite alot trying to get my ELO up

Quick one for ye, one of the lads recently upgraded his pc from windows xp to windows 7. Did a fresh install of everything, now he doesnt seem to be able to connect to NA but can still connect EU. Before he could connect to both, that ever happen to ye or any idea of the fix ?

Patch notes are up.
    Some weird stuff in there. Don't know why they felt Karthus needed some nerfing. Jarvan change is also pretty much a nerf too considering he's top most of the time.
    Will be interesting to see how the jungle plays out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Seifer wrote: »
    Patch notes are up.
    Some weird stuff in there. Don't know why they felt Karthus needed some nerfing. Jarvan change is also pretty much a nerf too considering he's top most of the time.
    Will be interesting to see how the jungle plays out.

Because his damage output in teamfights is retarded and carries on after death, I'd imagine. He's also been one of the most used champs in recent tournaments. Fizz fixes work like a buff when it's pretty clear that his burst is RETARDED.

Sivir sounds interesting. I wonder just how strong she'll be now.

Further nerfs to Wriggles, will it even be worth getting on anyone now?

• Advertisement

Kold wrote: »
    Because his damage output in teamfights is retarded and carries on after death, I'd imagine. He's also been one of the most used champs in recent tournaments. Fizz fixes work like a buff when it's pretty clear that his burst is RETARDED.

Sivir sounds interesting. I wonder just how strong she'll be now.

Further nerfs to Wriggles, will it even be worth getting on anyone now?

Well they didn't really nerf Karthus' damage, not directly anyway.

I imagine the Wriggle's nerfs are related to the new jungle so we'll have to wait and see how it plays out in that.

Advertisement