Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

This is what I use.

I basically download LoLrecorder, you turn it on when u play.
    After the game ends, I turn on the replay and turn on fraps.

Then..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFZtaEC8eIw

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Ronomono

Hi Guys!

I'm new to boards, and new to League of Legends.
    I started playing it about 3/4 days ago,
    and am lvl 8 atm. I've gotten used to using Galio and Teemo,
    and amn't TOO bad with either. No pro or anything, y'know.
    Atm, have been playing mostly 5v5 AI, with a few 5v5 player matches.
    Would love to play with you guys sometime!

Is there an Irish LoL Teamspeak or something?? That'd be nice :D
    My summoner name is Ronano (was taken here D':) Add me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Thanks guys have got fraps up and running and LoLrecorder going in background permanently now, jotting down a few good replays and might throw a compilation together at some stage.

I hate having RP just sitting there, had about 2.5k RP so impulse bought Viktor after watching the champion spotlight. Got to play 3 twisted treeline with him yesterday: 1/10/7. 2/4/3. 0/6/1.

He is just terrible. If you are thinking about giving him a shot, don't. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Meirleach

Vikings wrote: »
    He is just terrible. If you are thinking about giving him a shot, don't. End of.
    Haven't played him yet, but I would say play him on summoners rift before passing a judgement like that, TT is very unbalanced and some champs just don't do well there.

I don't usually play tanks, in fact I don't usually play summoner's rift. But I just had one of the most enjoyable games of LoL yet as Rammus on SR.

We were on top early, lost a little ground mid game, lost a lot of ground late game after an ace. They picked up 2 barons we got 0 yet we still managed to pull it out of the bag with a nice push up the middle.

I've had Rammus for a while now but rarely play him, think I bought him when Dom first came out but that was a fun game!

rammn.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

dat ap amumu <_<

Also, 2 warmogs, no atmas...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'm now officially in love with Morgana. She's great for pulling up a tank. Her dark binding ability combined with tormented soil and soul shackles won a 3v5 game for us. Stopped an enemy dead in its track, used tormented soil against 2 other champions and the tank got 3 kills in the space of a few seconds. Then I nicely dust it off with a kill myself with soul shackles. WIN!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Anyone know the counter to Wu Kong at top? Him and Riven I have real problems with. I think Cho Gath is the counter to Riven but I just got battered with him vs a Wu Kong. It's just amazingly annoying how he can engage and disengage at will.

Might try out Garen or Kennen who generally have very little weaknesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

Kold wrote: »
    Anyone know the counter to Wu Kong at top? Him and Riven I have real problems with. I think Cho Gath is the counter to Riven but I just got battered with him vs a Wu Kong. It's just amazingly annoying how he can engage and disengage at will.

Might try out Garen or Kennen who generally have very little weaknesses.

Irelia destroys both wu kong and riven in lane. However both are really difficult to actually kill. She always wins the trades though, level W first, they try to trade with you pop W attack and follow up with a Q followed by another attack, always wait for them to hit first or walk into melee.

You will start winning trades heavily to the point they will no longer be able to farm and you'll pull ahead in CS dramatically. Then you start winning team fights because she scales better into late game than either of them.

The tricky part is level 1-4 where both these guys are pretty strong with some flat runes, they will try to be aggressive early, just grab pots and be passive, they start falling off, dont give them a kill.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

31 assists in one match you are shitting me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

hi guys, new to league, just about to hit level 10.
    summoner name is Krommy [on the NA server]

i bought rammus [he was on rotation the week i joined] and really like him, and i'm just starting pvp matches.

so just wondering vikings, if you recorded that match? wouldn't mind to see how to play him like a boss :D

I do have them recorded but have not set about uploading any of my replays at all yet - lack the video editing skills to put something together quickly.

And I wouldn't quite use the term boss either :pac:

To the guys who recommended LolRecorder, is it possible to send the replay file to someone who can then watch it on their own machine? Rather than compress and upload an entire match?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

So Riot has come out against SOPA here. Not terribly surprising since they are generally pretty cool.
    However check out the sixth post in the thread. I wonder how many years it will be before you'll see an Irish TD posting on a gaming forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭blacon

Hi all,

Finally found a good source to contact other Irish League of Legends players!

I've had something on my mind recently. I play a hell of a lot of League with a good group of Irish guys, and some of us are pretty damn good. After watching some of the world championships online, I got thinking about competitive League and how enjoyable it would be.

I know it's damn near impossible to get a team sponsored or join a pro team. But playing ranked 5v5 with a good team of Irish players seems like a good start. Either that, or if some of you guys already have a group of friends you play with, we can simply practice against each other.

Another idea would be to try to run a large scale tournament in Ireland, or ask one of the big LAN's to do it.

So please feel free to add me on LoL (blacon). Maybe we can create a squad of extremely good players and make something of it!

blacon wrote: »
    Hi all,

Finally found a good source to contact other Irish League of Legends players!

I've had something on my mind recently. I play a hell of a lot of League with a good group of Irish guys, and some of us are pretty damn good. After watching some of the world championships online, I got thinking about competitive League and how enjoyable it would be.

I know it's damn near impossible to get a team sponsored or join a pro team. But playing ranked 5v5 with a good team of Irish players seems like a good start. Either that, or if some of you guys already have a group of friends you play with, we can simply practice against each other.

Another idea would be to try to run a large scale tournament in Ireland, or ask one of the big LAN's to do it.

So please feel free to add me on LoL (blacon). Maybe we can create a squad of extremely good players and make something of it!
    Your definition of "hell of a lot" isn't really a lot ;)
    The most beneficial thing you and your team mates could do to get better is to play more ranked solo queue and more ranked 5v5's.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

245ebko.png

First game with Rumble...

Narrowly missed out on a Penta right at the end, their nexus was destroyed before I could catch Janna :(

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

If any of you start playing US give me a shout. There are 5 or 6 of us playing regularly in the gamespace gaming centre in Galway.

All of us are 30 and want to start into ranked now, we need more people though because 3 of us are reliable and the other 3 are very passive with their playtime.

We got a support, and a ap carry mid. The other guy is seriously strong as top,jangle, and ad carry so he can play anywhere, so 2 shhhhpots left 2 fill.

Why do you guys actually want to play with a flat 200+ ping in every single game, when you can get less than 20 playing on EU west?

I would of understood about a year ago when the eu client was in shambles, but competitively why would you handicap yourselves like that when theres a much better option thats completely free.

Unless more than 2 active members of your team are residents in the US, switch severs and just grab some levels, getting to level 30 isn't difficult or time consuming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭BeefyS

almost level 30 now.
    I cant see a reason for playing ranked. I have mates that are 30 and they tell me how ranked is full of even more trolls and even more freak out kids. the game is stressful enough re. - bads / trolls / kids on your team without making it even higher pressure

BeefyS wrote: »
    almost level 30 now.
    I cant see a reason for playing ranked. I have mates that are 30 and they tell me how ranked is full of even more trolls and even more freak out kids. the game is stressful enough re. - bads / trolls / kids on your team without making it even higher pressure

The only reason to play ranked is the same as it is in every other game with ranked play; to measure how good you are in relation to others.
    There aren't really more trolls in ranked but maybe it feels worse if you're taking it seriously and someone else is not.
    If you're not trying out something new or playing with more than one other friend I can't see a reason not to play ranked.

• Advertisement

Trolls exist is every game type at all elos its a fact of life.

But if im going to be entirely honest, once you get past a certain elo in ranked you get trolled less.

Seifer wrote: »
    The only reason to play ranked is the same as it is in every other game with ranked play; to measure how good you are in relation to others.
    There aren't really more trolls in ranked but maybe it feels worse if you're taking it seriously and someone else is not.
    If you're not trying out something new or playing with more than one other friend I can't see a reason not to play ranked.

Im not so sure. I think playing in online leagues with proper teams is the only way to really tell how good you are. ranked systems in games tend to be a clusterfu*k and arent a clear indicator. I was an 1800+ HoN player until I gave that up and you could still never tell what you were going to get in ranked games.
    Im liking LoL so far. I have a few gripes with it compared to HoN but its far more relaxing. The problems are the same though - namely the amazing community :p

Im not so sure. I think playing in online leagues with proper teams is the only way to really tell how good you are. ranked systems in games tend to be a clusterfu*k and arent a clear indicator. I was an 1800+ HoN player until I gave that up and you could still never tell what you were going to get in ranked games.
    Im liking LoL so far. I have a few gripes with it compared to HoN but its far more relaxing. The problems are the same though - namely the amazing community :p

No, playing in leagues tells you how good your team is.
    Yes, individual games can appear to be a clusterfúck but over a large enough game sample your elo will be correct in solo queue and you can then compare how good you are relative to other players fairly accurately.
    Good in solo queue meaning you have a mastery of all the basic skills e.g. map awareness, last hitting, ability to fill any role etc. If you are good in solo queue you're going to be able to slot into a team and apply those skills unless you're some sort of egomaniac.

Seifer is right, if you are good in solo ranked you will carry yourself until you hit your natural elo, and have alot of good games doing it and you will improve as a player as long as this all happens somewhere above 1200+.

If you cant carry yourself above 1200 you are better off playing in normals till you can, i have been there many times.

If you play normals alone honestly you'll spend most of your time raging at people who really dont care about the game they are in. Nothing will change.

Honestly though if you have some friends who can take the wins with the losses gracefully, normal games with those are your safest bet long term.

in LoL I think its harder to carry yourself then it is in HoN. theres too much against you, massive turret damage, respawning rax, no denies etc. ive played tons of games in normal where i will solo top with garen, shut the person im against out of the game, have a ton of kills/cs/assists, not die and still the team cant win because our ad cant farm or support refuses to ward or mid has fed worse then a mcdonalds in texas. after playing a lot of solo ranked in HoN i know just how random it can be, I really dont think solo ranked proves anything. when you start playing in leagues then you learn how bad you really are :p individual skill matters a lot and you get found out pretty quickly if you are bad but have a high elo as your team (and the one you are playing against) can tell pretty quickly.
    people get too caught up in the numbers and from what i hear LoL is worse for this in ranked as people are so willing to freak out so easily as they reckon they are great and its their team holding them back, Angerbads i call them. people that are bad, get angry about it and therefore get worse! an endless cycle :D Id be willing maybe to play in a team once I hit 30 but theres no way im going to play ranked due to the over aggressive nature of what is already a bad game for ppls attitude

Same, I'd be interested in teaming up but not til I'm about level 20. Only 11 atm :P

You'll still get agressive people in normal, it doesnt get its own subset of the community. You'll also get people who dont give a damn and will never play a support, argue over who gets top lane and try out their new super awesome jungle twitch build.

With the right team seup and champion you can do anything man, i have literally carried 0/10/0 top lanes to victory with vayne. In fact i have carried most my games as vayne or caitlyn. Some champ just work for you, both early and late game, you need to find those.

yeah i can use vayne and cait, easy enough heroes with very easy last hitting. the last hitting in general is a bit easier then in HoN once you get used to how the damage is registered.
    its still not a sure thing though as your lane partner can be special and start feeding then raging at you. imo, the biggest problem with LoL is the fact that you dont lose gold when you die. it encourages absolutely retarded plays by the public and if they die then "oh well, no skin off my back" kind of attitude. it encourages people to be stupidly aggressive far too often and then if you arent as dumb as them, you get raged at by some dribbler who thinks they are amazeballs. ive had cricket scores with ranged ad carries before and still lost because the team has literally no idea what they are doing.. and if you give advice you get raged at and told you have no life because you are good or something :rolleyes: (ive found peoples egos get very very easily hurt in all moba games).
    the standard of play in LoL is generally poor compared to HoN imo. the game allows you to make too many errors and get away with it whereas in HoN you get punished far quicker. that said LoL is way more relaxing to play and far less intense and its not like im going to be a sponsored pr0 :P

yeah i can use vayne and cait, easy enough heroes with very easy last hitting. the last hitting in general is a bit easier then in HoN once you get used to how the damage is registered.
    its still not a sure thing though as your lane partner can be special and start feeding then raging at you. imo, the biggest problem with LoL is the fact that you dont lose gold when you die.
    Gold doesn't stop ticking but obviously if you're dead you can't farm and you give gold and xp to the enemy for the kill. At higher levels of play LoL is quite passive which is something they're trying to work on.
    the standard of play in LoL is generally poor compared to HoN imo. the game allows you to make too many errors and get away with it whereas in HoN you get punished far quicker. that said LoL is way more relaxing to play and far less intense and its not like im going to be a sponsored pr0 :P
    You're probably just playing at a low level. Once you hit 30 and then start to play ranked you will see better players; assuming you can get your elo high enough ;)

• Advertisement

Seifer wrote: »
    Gold doesn't stop ticking but obviously if you're dead you can't farm and you give gold and xp to the enemy for the kill. At higher levels of play LoL is quite passive which is something they're trying to work on.

well thats the same in HoN but there is still a deduction when you die. it means that to play a good support you cant be as reckless as you can be in LoL in the same role. if you are going in for a gank you have to get it right so that if you die, your carry or someone will get the kill.
    I do prefer the fog in LoL though, in HoN its just randomly cheap and broken and often doesnt make sense (well it makes sense in so much as you know at certain points that the fog doesnt make sense :P )
    Seifer wrote:
    You're probably just playing at a low level. Once you hit 30 and then start to play ranked you will see better players; assuming you can get your elo high enough ;)

im 29 now and ive played against tons of level 30 people that are absolutely awful. ive got about 300 games played and am able to trash some people with 2000 played in solo lanes (tbh, years of DotA and HoN has helped :D ) but i always see the same mistakes, people are always overly aggressive and trying to do things beyond their limitations and its so easy to punish them for it. the free blink and op towers help! i dunno, if i want to continue playing at 30 ill probably just try to find and tryout for a team as playing solo ranked is just irritating as hell. at the end of the day ranked is still public play just with numbers attached, the real skill is in proper leagues and pickups etc

Advertisement