Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

BeefyS wrote: »
    im 29 now and ive played against tons of level 30 people that are absolutely awful. ive got about 300 games played and am able to trash some people with 2000 played in solo lanes (tbh, years of DotA and HoN has helped :D ) but i always see the same mistakes, people are always overly aggressive and trying to do things beyond their limitations and its so easy to punish them for it. the free blink and op towers help! i dunno, if i want to continue playing at 30 ill probably just try to find and tryout for a team as playing solo ranked is just irritating as hell. at the end of the day ranked is still public play just with numbers attached, the real skill is in proper leagues and pickups etc
    I meant level of skill not in game level.
    It's just a bit rich to complain about other players level of skill if you're not willing to play the game where it's competitive i.e. ranked.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Nothing wrong with jungle Twitch..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭BeefyS

Seifer wrote: »
    I meant level of skill not in game level.
    It's just a bit rich to complain about other players level of skill if you're not willing to play the game where it's competitive i.e. ranked.

leagues are more competitive and less frustrating. to me ranked is still public, just with numbers attached. doesnt mean diddly in actual competition. ive done the solo ranked stuff in HoN, really cba with that level of frustration again - the communities of these game types arent worth the effort/time/hassle

id be willing to sign up to a ladder though. think theres a LoL one on ESL. you learn 5x faster on how to actually play through ladders and cups and scrimming is always a good laugh, especially on mix teams with sound players

188437.png

Sometimes feeding your carry isn't enough. Sometimes you need to carry your carry.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

killsteals...all of them!

• Advertisement

Nope, I got a double kill when they dived Vayne just after she died. Was a perfect game. Had a 10 minute oracle and a 4/5min philo because I got an early kill again, after Vayne had died.

I don't run with any AP or Mpen on Sona at all. 0/0/30, gold/5 quints, armour, cooldowns and a small bit of mana/5. I harass with auto's mostly, saving my mana for my first maxed heal.

I dunno man, turns out Sona is a great ladder climber. Sure you generally influence the game less than anyone else but I just try to hope my carry has a general idea how to AD.

My favour of AD seems to have made me a pretty good support. I know exactly the things I'd want them to be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Who was the fk u to at the end? Rammus again ? :p

They went on quite the nerfing spree. Of the champs I like to play they hit: Ahri, Graves, Riven and Vayne (completely raped).
    Shaco might not be permabanned anymore since they seem to have prevented the double buff start. They didn't touch other common bans though which is weird i.e. Kassadin, Morgana, Gangplank

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Niiiiice, finally sorted out Jarvan's stupid mana costs, very nice indeed, not much else really needs changing - I mean, sure, would love to see a minor buff to that shield but otherwise not bad.

Why why why remove Winter Map? Really...

Warwick Hunter Call buff <3

Already crying on the forums over Vayne & Trynd nerfs... No Shen buff, meh...

Have to wait and see some of these new artworks.

The artwork isn't really new it's the Chinese version's art which is way better for like 95% of champions.

The winter map causes performance issues for some people and makes some abilities hard to see hence why wasn't enabled in ranked at all.

• Advertisement

Aye but it didn't say removed from Ranked, says removed from "Matchmaking" which I assume means everything considering even unranked games have matchmaking to some degree...

Or am I thinking of it the wrong way... Right or wrong I'd still like it to remain, vastly prefer it to the horrible Halloween map which is more out of place than a winter map.
    Yes, it has been completely removed. I was just explaining that it is essentially bugged and that's why they aren't comfortable leaving it in for more than the few weeks at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

feck it, finally installed Lol on my new rig. will try to get back in to it.

i know Jax got a rework, is he still decent or is he the aim of Riots experimental scalpel?

hows Talon and TF these days? any major changes?

there are 7-8 new champs since i stoped playing, have alot of catching up to do.

any more major changes?

feck it, finally installed Lol on my new rig. will try to get back in to it.

i know Jax got a rework, is he still decent or is he the aim of Riots experimental scalpel?

hows Talon and TF these days? any major changes?

there are 7-8 new champs since i stoped playing, have alot of catching up to do.

any more major changes?
    Jax patch is only going live on US now so too soon to tell.

Not much happened with Talon or TF recently.

As for major changes it depends on whether you stopped playing before or after the new jungle and masteries ;)

Anyone else checking out the stream?

http://iemkiev.leagueoflegends.com/

Also find it amusing how vastly different the lineups lately have gone, from the same old same old same old comps of old (WW's, Ashe/Cait/Corkis, Sor/Tarics etc)

Now we've jungle Maokai/Skarner, supp Soraka/Taric, carry Sivir/Graves, STop Yorick/Irelia, Mid Brand/Kassadin currently on in each respective role in this one game.

Curious to see some more mixups.
    The junglers are new; due most likely to the new jungle but the rest of the both teams are hardly that radical.

well i played good few games. havent won a single game! fair play to my friends and they just play with me because of the crack! :D i am honestly doing so ****!!!

we are playing premades so we get pinned vs lvl 30 premades, wheres i am just crap :(. i should be playing with lvl 1.

whatever champion i play i just cant do good at all :(. thx god for my friends patients!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

well i played good few games. havent won a single game! fair play to my friends and they just play with me because of the crack! :D i am honestly doing so ****!!!

we are playing premades so we get pinned vs lvl 30 premades, wheres i am just crap :(. i should be playing with lvl 1.

whatever champion i play i just cant do good at all :(. thx god for my friends patients!

Add me! cherryghost :D

Enderman wrote: »
    Add me! cherryghost :D

added, lets be noobs together :D

plus i only realised after 6 games that my masteries pages were all blank. i newer knew there were remaster for mastaries...

played a game with jax, he does now feel that different vs bots. i love remake of 'E'. you can control stun now.

Riven desperately needed a nerf. People kept bitching when I banned her. Clueless saps. She could either go atmogs and never die, or bloodthirster and never die due to spammable shields and dashes. Same with Nidalee imo, still kinda op.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

Top lane AD nidalee is the most bloody abusive thing in the game atm. I have tried almost every other top lane i can against her and theres not alot of counters.

Best case scenario you can equal her CS, but even doing that is bloody difficult. I honestly have not seen a harder champion to push out of a lane.

Thankfully she falls off a bit late game, but her early lane dominance is almost completely assured.

Irelia with alot of armour is the best i have done so far, beat her in CS slightly and pushed her out of lane a few times.

I've found Kennen best against Nida. You can sit back and farm, waiting for a strong gank and that ulti... it's like one of the best in the game.

• Advertisement

Back to Kiev: Karthus banned in every game except one where he was picked, doesn't bode well for my favourite mage :/

Missed the ad Kennen game. How was it?

Oh shi- they're running it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Zrabie

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

I play as dibster on the EU realm. I have around 500 wins at SR, but i'm bloody auwful most of the time:) These days I usually play soraka on random solo (get ready for the KS). I also play a ton of ARAM and ARAB for the lulz. I used to play shen (back when he had his own ulti shield), rammus (before he could jungle) and morde (when Q was lurve) a lot.
    I'd love to get into some more organised games!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Summoners!

In the next patch you’ll be seeing a new aura item making its way into the item shop on the Fields of Justice alongside with a couple of remakes for old classics. In addition to a new spin on Emblem of Valor and Stark’s Fervor, you’ll now have the option to purchase the Locket of the Iron Solari to round out your arsenal. These remade aura items, along with the new one, should bring you more options throughout the early and mid game.

The Item Formerly Known as Stark’s Fervor

The base stats of Stark’s Fervor grant a substantial Attack Speed bonus, a stat that primarily benefits a team’s Attack Damage carry. In addition to its base stats, however, Stark’s Fervor also grants additional Attack Speed and Lifesteal as an aura. And while these stats are shared to the rest of the team, the primary beneficiary is still the Attack Damage carry.

To combat this, we decided to rebuild Stark’s Fervor into an item that would be more beneficial to a champion who would typically purchase an aura item, such as a tank or support. Since these champions usually aren’t the ones you typically see racking up gold, however, an expensive component item like the Recurve Bow needed to be removed from the recipe. Moreover, champions in these roles benefit much more from Cooldown Reduction and durability stats than they do from an aggressive stat like Lifesteal or Attack Speed. In the end, we decided to change the root item to Kindle Gem, letting the aura carry the aggressive bonuses.

+250 Health
    UNIQUE Passive: +15% Cooldown Reduction
    UNIQUE Aura: Grants nearby allied champions 12% Life Steal and 20% Attack Speed.
    These new base stats make Stark’s Fervor a much more viable purchase for any tank or support player looking to give Attack Damage champions a boost while still enhancing their own effectiveness and survivability.

Also, while we were revisiting this item, we wanted to take the opportunity to honor one of the top contributors to our Refer-a-Friend program. So we decided to rename the new Stark’s Fervor to Zeke’s Herald in honor of the efforts of this summoner. Congratulations Zeke, and thank you for introducing more players to League of Legends!

Emblem of Valor Now a More Viable Option

Another item that we wanted to revisit was the Emblem of Valor. In its initial incarnation, this item offered players two disparate methods of restoring health: Health Regen and Lifesteal. While both of these are viable methods of keeping your champion healthy, Lifesteal is most effective on hard-hitting champions like Attack Damage carries, while Health Regen is a more effective choice for a fighter or tank that can absorb a ton of damage on his own.

Rather than splitting the utility between these two demographics, we decided to remake Emblem of Valor as an item with higher utility for players in either a support or tank role. Since these roles tend toward cost-effective durability items early, we changed Emblem of Valor to build from both Cloth Armor and Rejuvenation Bead, providing both Health Regen and Armor as base stats and maintaining its standard Health Regeneration aura. This both re-focused the statistics provided by Emblem of Valor and gave players in the support and tank role an additional upgrade option from the popular Cloth Armor.

+25 Armor
    UNIQUE Aura: Nearby allied Champions gain 10 Health Regen per 5 seconds.
    Introducing the Locket of the Iron Solari

Naturally, with Stark’s Fervor now building from the Kindle Gem, we wanted to create a new mid game upgrade for the Emblem of Valor. Since we had just remade this item with support and tank champions in mind, we also wanted to make sure this new item was tailored to these roles. Thus, the Locket of the Iron Solari was born.

For the components of this new item we selected the Emblem of Valor along with another durability item popular amongst tank and support champions: the Heart of Gold. Providing additional Health, Armor and Health Regen along with an upgraded Health Regeneration aura, the Locket of the Iron Solari is a cost-effective way to keep your Emblem of Valor viable as the game wears on. And to top it all off, you’ll also be able to activate the item to give your team a brief damage shield nearby allies under attack by area of effect damage!

+300 Health
    +35 Armor
    UNIQUE Aura: Nearby allied Champions gain 15 Health Regen per 5 seconds.
    UNIQUE Active: Shield yourself and nearby allies for 5 seconds, absorbing up to 50 (+10 per level) damage (60 second cooldown).
    The Bottom Line

These new upgrade options for the popular early game items Cloth Armor, Heart of Gold and Kindle Gem should provide those of you in the support or tank roles with more options. With these new aura items, we hope to see players employing even more diverse builds through the early and mid game.
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/new-items-locket-iron-solari-and-remade-aura-items

Gits be changing ****, god damn them. I like Starks Fervor as it is.:mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Any idea when the update is being rolled out?

EDIT: Got it. Early February. Bleh. I'm on a 1mb connection for the rest of the week, hope they wait until next week :P

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭kev_like

Full patch notes are up now on the Ziggs patch, seems like it's already hit NA today.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=20424822#post20424822

Holy moly. Just watched the Kings of Europe final. That was some tense f*cking League of Legends. Shyvana is op as hell, building all tank items and still doing the most damage in teamfights. Snoopeh is an excellent player and deserves to be ranked up with St Vicious and OddOne as 3 of the best players of the game. Although I was rooting against them, you have to admit, that tank Urgot was a joy to behold. They have the best team fight of any team.

All in all, probably the best lol match up I've seen yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭kev_like

Thanks for the notes link Kev - Patch should be going up at some point soon, will check it out tomorrow.

@Kold, got a link?

Searching for it just gives a list of random matches from the tourny, doesn't give any indication of which is the final - Might relax with a nice LoL fight before sleep if you have a decent quality link.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/p60yh/kings_of_europe_full_video_list_now_on_youtube/

There ya go, there's a link to every match of the whole Kings of Europe tourni.

Advertisement