Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

so when is that bot patch out lads? any news on it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It's out now. **** ****ITY **** ****. Nets too slow here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I'm a sucker for new champs too so picked up Ziggs this morning.

I like him, more than Sejuani or Viktor which were my last two new purchases.

His range is pretty good, nice combo of E+Q and then W is handy gap closing or running!

And the ULT range.... woah.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

this new champ, so much fun. His Q is such a gragas style poke. The range on it is so good for late game team fight harass and the damage is OHBABY!
    So squish though!

• Advertisement

Actually one thing I noticed about him.. ( Im not really a numbers guy in league, still a noob ) his auto attack seems a lot stronger than the average mage, passive aside. Is this actually correct or am I imagining it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

I just picked three other mages at random and at 54 base AD he is 2.33 higher than Brand, 5 higher than Annie, and 6 higher than Anivia. So it seems slightly higher than your average mage alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Seifer wrote: »
    So it seems slightly higher than your average mage alright.

Then take his passive into consideration and late game after a EQW combo his passive is refreshed and can auto attack for around 400 depending on AP.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Totally have to agree on that, his high range and damage combo means he just dominates a lane. Only way I've managed to deal with him is to tower hug and then really go for him. Life flash+ghost(or other speed boost) and just run him down quick, preferably after he's just used mines or C4 so he has less to foul you with.

Vega: New champ, so expect nerfs in a few patches. Should bring him more into line.

Would hate to pick Heimer(one of the champs I play) and get a Ziggs on the other side. Wouldnt even be funny.

Sigh and I haven't even used the new runepage that meant I don't have enough for Ziggs :< Love me some yordle. Teemo and Rumble are my main men.

• Advertisement

i've actually started taking flash exhaust mid unless im against say a vlad or a swain, so handy against ganking junglers or flash ults.. but especially on ziggs as his sachel charge isnt a great escape tool there unless u already have it planted. he stops for a split second to plant is the prob!

Thanks for checking the AD with other mages, sorry, I should have done that myself !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mebrind

http://www.facebook.com/groups/278320565546525/

for people who play LoL, have a Facebook but don't know about this group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭BeefyS

getting real sick of LoL now. far too easy for a team to win late, just a baron fight and its done. public play is pissing in the wind anyway, getting cricket scores but still not being allowed to win cos one player is raging at you for no adequate reason and players going suicidal. you really need to lose gold when you die, the players have such little game sense when it comes to incoming danger. no dota 2 key either :(

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Sick of it, myself, but only because I went on a complete LoL bender at one point pre-patch mostly thanks to some new skins I bought making me crack out their respective champions nonstop.

Now even with the new patch, buying Ziggs with my 20k IP stock and having a laugh with a few mates vs the new CPU's didn't really do much for me, and I've no drive or willpower to bother with Normals / DoM or SR.

Think I'll just take a break.

Try out DOTA2. Amazingly different in ways, it'll refresh your interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Whats the Dota 2 community like? I've never played Dota or Hon, but from what I heard the trolls on LoL are nothing compared to them.
    Its the community that makes me most often want to leave any online game. for all that i love playing multiplayers, listening to so much crap can really get on my bits.

Edit: Meh, won't run on a single core. Roll on my 1st paycheck so i can get me a new computer!

All IMO:
    Of the three, LoL has the most kids, stupid f'cks "you stole my kill, QQ QQ QQ, noobs noobs noobs noobs". Probably because its the most accessible game. Also noticed recently that if you play on European servers at like 4AM you get less of that crap.

HoN is way more serious, if you're **** or screw up expect to be ripped a new one. They're abrasive. [This is from me watching others play, I never bothered]

Dota2 is a mix, because its part oldfags returning, part newbies, part transfers from LoL/Hon the community is just developing. I've found it much more moderate, you still do get the odd keyboard warrior, but as its a new game many are very happy to give weaker players tips to try and help them improve.

I found dota 2 the least intuitive game I've ever played. The hud is bad, the visuals in general were irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 R4de0n

Hey lads, I play quite a bit of LOL and have a good few Irish peeps on my Friends list. Im hovering around 1600elo atm feel free to add me. Its always good to be able to make up numbers for groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 R4de0n

BeefyS wrote: »
    getting real sick of LoL now. far too easy for a team to win late, just a baron fight and its done. public play is pissing in the wind anyway, getting cricket scores but still not being allowed to win cos one player is raging at you for no adequate reason and players going suicidal. you really need to lose gold when you die, the players have such little game sense when it comes to incoming danger. no dota 2 key either :(

You can say that again. Ive been saying to my buddies that people should lose gold for dying for about a year now. it would discourage the amount of tower diving and force people to actually think about ganks!

its funny telling people the mistakes they made after the game and watching them go into denial mode. then they start the "YOU MUST HAVE SOCIAL PROBLEMS. NO LIFE" etc because they cant accept being bad at a game. i kinda make a sport of it now. if someone pretends to be good in a game and starts flaming people i sit and make them squirm in chat after the game. you should see the amount of rage and abuse i get because i tell them exactly what they did wrong. if you cant win in the game, might as well make some loser freak out after! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I can honestly say I've never experienced any of that childish behaviour in LoL, just the odd person not having a clue where to go, and some people ordering them to move somewhere else. DERP

dibkins wrote: »
    Whats the Dota 2 community like? I've never played Dota or Hon, but from what I heard the trolls on LoL are nothing compared to them.
    Its the community that makes me most often want to leave any online game. for all that i love playing multiplayers, listening to so much crap can really get on my bits.

Edit: Meh, won't run on a single core. Roll on my 1st paycheck so i can get me a new computer!

the difference is quality. the players in LoL arent as skilled as the other games. very very few players are actually 'good' compared to HoN & DotA. more often then not, people think the best way to win is to run in and press all the buttons and if that doesnt work, rage at the guy who isnt dead. game sense, an idea of whats going on, map control, lane control etc are all things 90% of LoL players dont understand. in HoN you tend to learn faster as well, the game is faster and a lot more intense. it takes a lot more time to get used to but once you are its like riding a bike. LoL suffers almost from being too casual and the younger crowd that play it are more subject to freaking out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

dibkins wrote: »

It's ****ing horrible like every other Moba community. The same community problems you have with LoL you ll find in Dota with added voice chat support for annoyance. You also have to deal with more Russians then you'd ever want to. Also I don't buy the whole "LoL players are unskilled scrubs, HoN and Dota players are god like elite status players" there are a ton of generic skills across all the games, if your comfortable playing LoL you should easily settle into Dota after 10 or so matches.

Your best bet though is to find some pre mades with people who want to have fun, I can't stress this enough because we all know that it only takes one "FUUUUU ULTRA SERIOUS GAME IS OVER AFTER 2 MINS YOU NOT LAST HITTING ENOUGH FUUUUUUUU IM AFK" to ruin everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

I knew when the other games started getting mentioned the stupidity would eventually follow :(
    the difference is quality. the players in LoL arent as skilled as the other games. very very few players are actually 'good' compared to HoN & DotA.
    If you are not playing "good" LoL players then you need to get better. LoL players are skilled at LoL, HoN players are skilled at HoN. Both games involve just pressing and clicking a few buttons.
    more often then not, people think the best way to win is to run in and press all the buttons and if that doesnt work, rage at the guy who isnt dead. game sense, an idea of whats going on, map control, lane control etc are all things 90% of LoL players dont understand.
    If that's what you see when you play then you're playing at a low elo. Get better and you get to player with other better players.
    in HoN you tend to learn faster as well, the game is faster and a lot more intense. it takes a lot more time to get used to but once you are its like riding a bike.
    You learn faster but it takes a lot more time to get used to? :confused:
    Learning rate depends on the person playing, not the game.
    LoL suffers almost from being too casual and the younger crowd that play it are more subject to freaking out

Again if you're at casual elo then you're gonna be playing with the casuals.

HoN's community is what percentage of LoL's at this point? 10 maybe? Only the hardcore element are left so it gives the false impression that the whole playerbase is just better. In truth the hardcore scared off everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

the difference is quality. the players in LoL arent as skilled as the other games. very very few players are actually 'good' compared to HoN & DotA. more often then not, people think the best way to win is to run in and press all the buttons and if that doesnt work, rage at the guy who isnt dead. game sense, an idea of whats going on, map control, lane control etc are all things 90% of LoL players dont understand. in HoN you tend to learn faster as well, the game is faster and a lot more intense. it takes a lot more time to get used to but once you are its like riding a bike. LoL suffers almost from being too casual and the younger crowd that play it are more subject to freaking out

Also this troll post hurts my eyes at how fail it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

the difference is quality. the players in LoL arent as skilled as the other games.

Then you won't be posting in this thread (for people who actually like the game and enjoy playing it) again?

Good stuff.

im still playing a bit but yes, i am just talking about the general player base. i know at the higher levels it kinda evens out, especially in ladder and leagues. pros are pros and are pretty much good at games across the board. im talking about public games, which is the most common form of playing, and yes, in my experience the players arent as good. theres very little awareness and people chase a lot more kills / tower dive / get out of position a lot more frequently then the average HoN player. dont get me wrong, there are still tons and tons of bad HoN players who make the same mistakes, but its not to the same degree as in LoL. maybe it suffers from the same syndrome as WoW did as regards instances and such, a complicated game type played by too many people

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You were warned by a mod and you ignored it. Enjoy your break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

R4de0n wrote: »
    Hey lads, I play quite a bit of LOL and have a good few Irish peeps on my Friends list. Im hovering around 1600elo atm feel free to add me. Its always good to be able to make up numbers for groups.

dont trust this man (online sex predator!)

• Advertisement

Really need to level up my EU account, its like level 10 :(

Advertisement