Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

Great to keep it low for smurfing potential though.

Been doing really well with shyvanna in top lane, shes got really awesome baseline damage, amour and MR stats, which means to can build her pretty much flat health and still pressure your top lane.

I have carried some really REALLY bad games to victory lately with her and havent really found a solid counter yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Shyv is first ban for me. It's stupid that she can build tank items and still do the most damage in a teamfight. Needs a nerf badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

-Vega- wrote: »
    Really need to level up my EU account, its like level 10 :(

What happened to you and the lads on US ?

I told you to play EU for the pingage :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

GO_Bear wrote: »
    What happened to you and the lads on US ?

I told you to play EU for the pingage :pac:

Wasn't bothered about the ping, I get around 160 playing US but it's not noticable unless 280+ .. the server balances it fine.

The story with the lads is.. they are always ****ing ..drunk.
    End of story.

So many people playing on boards, easier just to add some people here and do some duo/5 mans. Ill learn a thing or two and have people that actually speak English AND know how to have a slag at the same time.

Are u still being a dirty dota whore.. or are u LoL'ing?

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Started power gaming my EU account, level 13 now. My 2nd time jungling ever and I was forced to use fiddlesticks as I don't own any champs on EU but scored a solid penta that turned the game ! Sweeeeet :)

Edit* Don't think Akali was too impressed with my 14 minute oracles.. :p Also everyone else in the game is level 30 with runes as it was draft, not bad ! :D teehee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ragequitters ruining my day :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

-Vega- wrote: »
    Wasn't bothered about the ping, I get around 160 playing US but it's not noticable unless 280+ .. the server balances it fine.

-snip-

Are u still being a dirty dota whore.. or are u LoL'ing?

I don't like playing above 100 ping in any one of the three games, espcially if I am playing Blitz/Pudge/Devo ... Dem hooks !

At the moment my laptop is in the repair shop, had it sitting on my lap one night and broke it, so not playing anything.

I am still DoTA whoring indeed, it definitely won't run on my spare laptop but LoL might so I might try and install it to level your EU account, while I wait for my main machine.

Congratz on the Penta kill, I got one in one of my first LoL games, 9 other people who had never played MoBA's before and me on Anivia, karrrnage

picture.php?albumid=1783&pictureid=10124

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

GO_Bear wrote: »
    it definitely won't run on my spare laptop but LoL might so I might try and install it to level your EU account, while I wait for my main machine.

picture.php?albumid=1783&pictureid=10124

I'm running on a Pentium 4 with 1G ram and a 2nd hand graphics card. you will get lots of "lol, wooden PC" comments :P. Also, my game freezes the odd time near the start for a few seconds when peeps start using lots of spells.

If anyone is up for teaming up I'm not 6 and 6 w/l on ranked. I just want to get high enouhg so that there isn't any more drunk/afk players to automatically loose me a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Morello posted that a lot of the common ranked bans will be hit too.

Of course I haven't been able to play in over a week so I haven't even gotten to try Ziggs :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ryan451

Hey guys, I'm a beginner to LoL and have been getting smashed in games with the standard Heroes (Probably mainly due to my own skill level).

I was wondering what you guys think is the best Hero to start out with and learn how to play while also being effective. I was looking at Shaco but not sure if there is anyone better. Thanks for any advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bones187

wow didnt expect a thread this big was just doing a google search to see if any other irish players actually existed lol i play with mostly brits few americans and one or two mainland eu guys.

Winning bot lane, Ziggs goes to dragon and throws ult at us, boom double killed. F*cking. Retarded.

The range on ziggs is insane for some reason.
    That said, shen shen shen shen shen buffs:D I used to play him long ago, might be a good time to pick him up again!
    i may need to branch out into a new support though. i'm looking at jenna. If i tried nunu support does he generally just do what a normal support does? Wards/gp5 items and off his slow and haste as needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

Goodbye infinite sustain soraka bot lane, couldn't be more happy.

Nunu Kayle lane is legit

The advantage he has is his mobility. Being able to cross a lane instantly without flashing will allow him really effective ganking. Supposedly the streams show him doing rather well.

Neat little bot thing you can use to check your Dominion elo:
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1710984

Percentiles (I assume based on conglomeration of all region stats pulled so far):
    Top 50% - 1356+
    Top 25% - 1504+
    Top 10% - 1651+
    Top 5% - 1745+
    Top 2% - 1856+
    Top 1% - 1933+
    Top .1% - 2177+

JabeBot: In game as Poppy for 119 Mins - Wins 9001 Losses 0 - loldafuq? Thats some sweet anti anti-bot-script work he's doing.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

ED E wrote: »
    JabeBot: In game as Poppy for 119 Mins - Wins 9001 Losses 0 - loldafuq? Thats some sweet anti anti-bot-script work he's doing.

It's over 9000!

• Advertisement

I tried out jungle shen, i was horribly slow, but the regen on early levels of blade were pretty nice. Also, i played really, really terrible. I had a jungle shen on my team in another game. He built Writs and lantern and did some amazing work. Why can't i play like that:(

dibkins wrote: »
    I tried out jungle shen, i was horribly slow, but the regen on early levels of blade were pretty nice. Also, i played really, really terrible. I had a jungle shen on my team in another game. He built Writs and lantern and did some amazing work. Why can't i play like that:(

Jungling is a different style of play, play a few(like at least a dozen) 5v5Bots and jungle to get the hack of it before trying it in randoms.

Ya, i never was the best jungler. Since people have learned abotu counter jungling i'm just getting worse as well>< i still remember that one day right after the Nocturn patch when i murdered everyone on noc from the jungle thouhg. le sigh:(

Went top on shen yesterday against mundo. Pretty nifty apart from i lost the ability to last hit for the evening and mundo outfarmed me. i was making more dents in his HP for a long while untill their udyr turned up every 30s to knock me back.

Got my first leave of season 2. Thanks UPC!

Seifer wrote: »
    Got my first leave of season 2. Thanks UPC!

Ahh now, their uptime isnt too bad. If you're having trouble get yourself a decent router.

ED E wrote: »
    Ahh now, their uptime isnt too bad. If you're having trouble get yourself a decent router.
    The router is fine, I could connect to the router there was just no internet behind it.
    Any downtime is bad it's not like I'm out in the sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Gone back to playing Wukong on twisted treeline and having more fun now.

I missed the monkey king. He was the first champion that I wanted to get on release so I bought some RP to get him. Boy did that start me on a slippery slope.

So much fun in 3v3. Winning most games and even the games we lose i'm holding a respectable score.

Got the secret agent skin cause it's on sale for Miss Fortune: 11/3/12, 8/0/7.
    And they claim they don't sell power...:P

Also bought Secret Agent MF. 4/2/9 (forgot to equip the skin), 3/1/8, 9/1/6

This skin is op

• Advertisement

Lol, just finished an epic game. We lost all three inhibs but every time they came to finish we aced them until eventually we got all three back up and pushed ftw.
    517 cs, 24.9k gold :p

The best feeling in this game when you pull out the comeback :D

Advertisement