Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Seifer wrote: »
    Lol, just finished an epic game. We lost all three inhibs but every time they came to finish we aced them until eventually we got all three back up and pushed ftw.
    517 cs, 24.9k gold :p

The best feeling in this game when you pull out the comeback :D

Jaysus, time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Somewhere over the hour mark, can't remember exactly. Lolstatistics doesn't show game length for some reason :/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I started playing some ranked solo Q for the first time today, 2 W 0L

So many champions have issues imo. Ziggs is bull****, but Ryze is just as bad ( my most played hero lately). Endgame its just a guaranteed ace every team fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

TheDoc wrote: »
    I started playing some ranked solo Q for the first time today, 2 W 0L

So many champions have issues imo. Ziggs is bull****, but Ryze is just as bad ( my most played hero lately). Endgame its just a guaranteed ace every team fight.

Has to reach end game though, I'm usually mid on Cass/Grag/Morg/Mala/Ahri, they are my 5 most practised mids and all of them can push Ryze right to tower early to deny him last hits, risky if u don't have wards but the big dog always has wards ! :D

Ziggs tho, his Q is just ridonkulous, worse that gragas poke. The cool down aswell Herpin Derpin

Irish league ofor league of legends

Whose ****ing doing it

Do it now

As of a matter of interest is there anyone out there part of a team, few of us muck around usually in 5v5's be nice to maybe have an organised match one day

• Advertisement

anyone levelling up their account on EU add me if u want. fattitsmcgee! made the user name ages ago, gonna change lol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Just updating the client with the new patch, tempted to take a look at Fiora....

I really the like the look of her but since I suck incredibly hard with both Yi and Trynd I'm gonna wait til the free week to try her out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Well I got Fiora, didn't give her too much time yet though.

Also picked up Soraka with my left over RP... where have you been all along!

Tried a coop vs ai game then delved straight in to some summoners rift. First game 2/1/33 with 25k healing done. Ok so that was the only game, but I enjoyed it.

For a support I lacked map awareness and wards, need to work on that aspect of it but for first attempt I must say it was enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Support is awesome, but your team mates need to make the most of it or it makes you cry. i stopped playing janna because of this, too many times i'd drop an awaesome shield on my AD and they run away from the fleeing enemy carry:(
    Soraka/sona make for a better time babysitting though.

Also, i just got my new computer and LoL is now looking immensly different than the low res mess i had before. I never realised it had sparkles.

dibkins wrote: »
    Support is awesome, but your team mates need to make the most of it or it makes you cry. i stopped playing janna because of this, too many times i'd drop an awaesome shield on my AD and they run away from the fleeing enemy carry:(
    Soraka/sona make for a better time babysitting though.
    This.
    Janna is supposedly the best support in the game. And that may be true at 5v5 tournament level play but in solo queue she is just not. The Janna has to get her shield up before damage happens to negate it, Soraka/Sona don't. They can remove the damage after the fact. Laning with a healing support also means you get to start doran's otherwise it's boots + pots.

I hate when I have to lane with a non-healing support, makes winning the lane so much harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I was never fond of Janna support until I started playing MF a lot more. You still seem to be able to do significant damage starting boots/pots and she just gets so much from the dorans/wriggles build that leaves other ADs seem a little underwhelming due to just naturally being hard hitting with your W.

With Janna, she gets the shield, more MS than anyone, and just smacks the **** out of people early game.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Wanders_fan

Only started playing and struggling through games. Only level 10 playing amumu but not sure he is the best. I enjoy being aggressive and harrassing anyone got any advice on who i should try out?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

You can only really play amumu in the jungle, if you are playing him in lane you are going to have a rough time.

This is because he really doesn't have any ranged ability to harass with or any form of sustain to keep his health up.

He's great in the jungle though, google lol jungling and read a few guides.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Ah janna is amazing if your AD knows what to do (add my btw if you want to play some bot lane^^). And shield + WW is great for getting out of trouble. Not as sustainable as one of the heal champs obviously, but she has a lot going for her to ruin the other sides day. If find her more fun in team fights as well. Throwing WW around like a madman.
    i stopped playing soraka before the patch, but picking her up again to me she plays the same as ever, with the added benifit of your AD being able to spam their abilities as needed with only a single point in infuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Wanders_fan

You can only really play amumu in the jungle, if you are playing him in lane you are going to have a rough time.

This is because he really doesn't have any ranged ability to harass with or any form of sustain to keep his health up.

He's great in the jungle though, google lol jungling and read a few guides.
    Cheers for that and late game items make him beast?

I have mostly laned with Philosopher stone its not too bad with a good support

**** my life. M5 win, **** that, CLG or TSM for life :( Not a fan of the Russians !

Why exactly? M5 are the perfect example of why teamwork is greater than solo Q superstars.

Why exactly? M5 are the perfect example of why teamwork is greater than solo Q superstars.

Ah I don't know, always want TSM to win. Watched 2 many regi and oddone streams and they taught me how to play. Had never watched any of the m5 guys stream so never had a put a face to them. Kinda got a stick to what u know attitude ;p Do M5 stream in english ?

• Advertisement

M5 dont stream too often, but when they do, ****....my...life

These guys literally just play with each other

I dont rate TSM too highly to be fair, anytime I watch them they just lolface solo Q

Hah mite give mala a go for the luls :D

Has anyone got a link to a spreadsheet on webpage that has a list of every league champ and their top 2-5 counter picks?

Normally I mid when I play but I've started to go solo top and play yorick,mord,irelia.. basically the 3 power houses but I want to learn all the champs and counter picks for top lane.

Anyone ?

bump someone say something league related!

A lot of the chat happens here now: https://www.facebook.com/groups/278320565546525/

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nierv

Hey there, me and my mate who have been levelling together are looking for some teammates, sick of getting paired with people who feed etc etc, we play with friends but they just arent that good, my user name is Nierv and my friends is Adeanlol if anyone wants to add, we are both around level 20 :), friend people with skype, also from dublin :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Kold wrote: »
    A lot of the chat happens here now: https://www.facebook.com/groups/278320565546525/

I left it.

Mono are now my favourite team. Love the way they play.

2nlhliu.png

so i have been recently trying kennen with spell vamp runes....

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Hrm - Anytime I see Kennen these days they're clearly following the event previous to the current event seeing as AD Ken was ripping up the tourny that time and everyone was like "OEMG WHY DID I NOT TRY THIS BEFORE!?!?!?!?!!?" - Infact I've seen one single AP Kennen out of about 10 so far in about as many weeks of play.

Had 3xSVamp Quints but those are the only ones I've had - You using 100% Vamp Runes or just a portion of the rune page?

Just using the quints, you don't need any more. 6 percent at the start of the game along with flat armour and MR allows you to start winning those early trades pretty easily.

To clarify AD kennen never ripped anything up, AD kennen was a counter to the really strong bottom lane AD comps teams were playing.

AD kennen wins trades early, hes got a really strong early game and is really difficult to shut down or gank and his ultimate offers ultility late game.

Hes a horrible horrible champ to play in solo queue because he just doesnt have anywhere near the late game potential of the other AD carries.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 statued

Hi guys im not looking to make any kind of money,

I have 2 US accounts and i moved back to ireland a few months ago and started playing lol recently on eu with some real life friends,

I dont have as much time (and prolly patience) to level up a new account /runes/champs etc

so i figure i might be able to give a holla here and see if any1 would be interested in a basic kitted out US account for a spare /old EU one

My spare US account - Level 30 , 186wins
    ranked - 6 wins 1 loss (1400-1500)
    red runes - 9 red /arm pen
    yellow - 9 flat armor/ mana regain
    blue - 9 mr per level
    quints -3x mgc pen /arm pen

champs -akali allistar amumu ashe eve gp irelia katarina kayle yi nunu poppy rumble sivir tf tristana vladimir ww

if any1's interested or has a spare level 30 eu account drop me a line here or add me ingame (eu) on statz :)

Advertisement