Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

He doesn't want to sell, just swap it directly for another account. That should fine to be honest considering the accounts are free and he is making no profit.

I started playing with 4 or 5 guys from Donegal, racking up a few wins. 1 of them is unreal, and the rest are similar to myself, reasonably solid bar the usual dumbass mistake midgame :P

Shud just make a seperate thread for posting our user names, all add each other under Irish Catagory and start doing random 5's and duo Q.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Abandoned for Dota2. I feel bad, but dota is new and shiny.

dibkins wrote: »
    Abandoned for Dota2. I feel bad, but dota is new and shiny.

Played Dota2, it seems slow motion to me, much slower gameplay and the gfx look like a f2p mmo made by low budget Japanense company, some guild wars type gfx

Thats obviously just my opinion, I hope ye enjoy it if ye play, I tried 2 but just didnt feel right haha :D

It does indeed feel much different, much more different than i thought that two games from the same mould would be. i do like the art style and colouring (i miss colours) in LoL much more, but gameplay comes before graphics in my book and i'm already finding many nasty things to do to my enemies in Dota. I think after i've gotten used to it i may flick between the two - i'm still wanting a good tryout on Lulu for one thing!
    As for the slow gameplay, dota seems slower at times, but rather than the harass game in LoL (esp in lane), things happen in horrible sudden flourishes in Dota.

• Advertisement

Haha, nice one. I used to be good on Morde and then i stopped being good on him for some reason:( How do you build him? So many people have absolutley no idea how brutal he can be when they charge in on top of him:) Funtimes.

Question.

When and why should I buy black cleaver?

Like I take PD on say trynd or ad range for crit so ..

when/why is cleaver viable ?
    on who ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Typically a ranged carry I notice

Vayne, Ashe and Graves usually take it relatively early from what I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

The holy trinity of the carry is IE + PD + Last Whisper. If the enemy team doesn't have a lot of high armour champs then the flat armour reduction of black cleaver can be more efficient than the percentage based LW. Usually you want last whisper though which makes BC a rarely bought item.

Thanks folks

• Advertisement

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Build wise is just as big a gamble as it is other champs, really. I go with a defensive orientated mastery build (9/21 or whatever it is)...

Kinda like what i used to build him, but i completly missed the spell vamp boat! maybe i'll try him out again next time i'm playing:) Thanks.

Hey folks,

just for the newer players here or the players that are still picking up tips n tricks.. I found this guys guides to be really good and very enjoyable to watch.

Started watching him stream a few months back and since then he has featured in 2 top 5 plays of the week and his last 2 guides were top of the posts on reddit so just incase you haven't seen them..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkvRp7BwI8I&feature=plcp&context=C4db6b9cVDvjVQa1PpcFMUK0NDcOLpxpr3zF7HTzPetV_xCHrvrmI%3D

This is the first one. There are 9 in the series all on his page, and he also has a great little guide on fizz and a 'Climb to platinum' series.

Watch them all, subscribe and like them if you found them useful. I really drum up support for this guy because I love the guides and he is my favourite streamer with Dyrus 2nd !

Even his latest guide with the small tip about knowing when ignite is on/off cooldown on enemy champion.. these kinda things are gold !

Anyway, thats just my contribution for the day, a lot of ye mite know this stuff already, some of it was eye opening for me though !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/news/buy-new-skins-and-champions-or-mundo-rage

Skin sale and champ sale for today

Gonna pickup Graves and Ashe skin :)

mmm just played a game as mord mid against veigar and got wrecked, would he be considered a natural counter? :/ lvl 1 boots dont avoid stun cage that well, he doesnt engage till shields are down and lvl 1 -7 cast timers on abils are lonnnng

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Illius

Anyone feel free to add me :3 been looking for people to play with on LoL for ages now. Don't do ranked that much tbh. No team for it :p
    My name on it is Mutant Penguin

• Registered Users Posts: 1 t1zammy

Wadup, im pritty beast at lol, if anyone wants to play with me add me T1zammy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

feel free to add me if your lookin for an extra to play with,
    playin unranked for the moment, dont wana jump into ranked until im happy with the amount of games ive played.

the name on there is :
    TheGuyHimself

do be on lateish most nights.

Hmmm, my US account has a **** load of champs, but I dont play US anymore. Is it legal to like.. trade the account for say a prepaid card on EU ? My main has loads of champs, I basically want to trade it for the value of like 2 or 3 champs on Eu. Will riot be all ' grrrrrr!' ?

Took a bit of a break from LoL after going on a horrendous loss streak mainly due (but not exclusively) to being hardcore trolled. So I'm only going to duo queue ranked with players I trust now to slightly tilt the odds in my favour with only three slots being open to faceplanting terribads.

Messing around on my own in ARAB games (All random, all bot) which is just like ARAM (all random, all mid) except it's played on the dominion map's bot lane. It takes everything that is great about ARAM and removes most of the bad parts i.e. dominance of healers, certain champions being pretty much uncounterable (I'm looking at you AP Yi). It has a lot more action because people level so much quicker and get much closer to a full build.

Try it if you're bored some time, there are usually a few games going in the custom game list.

Anyone know how long it takes for an average EU case to come before the tribunal ?

Had a bad day where I was a typical racist raging **** 2 weeks ago, wondering if I shud be expecting a ban soon ? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

-Vega- wrote: »
    Anyone know how long it takes for an average EU case to come before the tribunal ?

Had a bad day where I was a typical racist raging **** 2 weeks ago, wondering if I shud be expecting a ban soon ? :D

Unless you have done it loads of times dont worry about the tribunal

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Nickco

Been playing for a couple of months and gotten very addicted to LoL :P
    Add me : Zinicki level 24 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

-Vega- wrote: »

Given what i have been able to get away with since the beginning, the amount of raging and foul language you actually need to dish out to get banned is simply disgusting.

Anyone play Wukong ranked?
    Looking for some solo top tips for wukong, managed to demolish against 2 up top the other day with TF and warmogs, any other items that are good on him?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Given what i have been able to get away with since the beginning, the amount of raging and foul language you actually need to dish out to get banned is simply disgusting.

This is a big flaw IMO. If they came down hard on the idiots and the trolls etc it could be a much better game. I know they'll just re-reg, but after their third or fourth time having to grind back up they'd either cop on or leave for good.

AND, if somebodys banned, anyone who played with them in the past say 10 games(+ any reporters) should be notified. Right now even when they actually do ban somebody, nobody knows, so other idiots arent discouraged.

mmm the thing about it is ..

Been playing for a good while now, at the start I didnt know lol so I engaged in the back in forth of argueing with other players, havent done it in ages now because Im a more seasoned and I know no good will come of it.

But the rage the last day was.. playing a game, we had a blitz on our team, said he was support, took cs, our ad range gave out to him, so blitz trolled the game.

Fed on purpose, positioned himself so he could pull the enemy to safey, would pull our red/blue buff over the wall when our jungler went to do it..

So I let loose the verbal arrows, turned out he was Russian and I just went to town on him, he got reported by the entire team, but still if he reports me just by code of conduct I should go down in the flames too.

Sometimes though, these people just push all the right buttons. They ask 'umad bro'? and i'd think .. 'if i could just find this persons house....FIRSTBLOOOOOOOOOD' :p

I know a guy who got multiple warnings, a 3-day ban and then a two week ban. He liked to let someone know every game what they were doing wrong in a not so nice way. I think you have to either be doing it in about 50% of your games or do something really bad.
    I used to interact more with trolls but now if anyone says anything remotely annoying I just put them on ignore.

Seifer wrote: »
    I used to interact more with trolls but now if anyone says anything remotely annoying I just put them on ignore.

Can you put people on ignore in the middle of a game?
    I really hope you can, that would save so much frustration :P

Nickco wrote: »
    Can you put people on ignore in the middle of a game?
    I really hope you can, that would save so much frustration :P
    Yeah, just type /ignore user or press tab and click on the little speech bubble on the scoreboard for the player you want to mute.

• Advertisement

Seifer wrote: »
    Yeah, just type /ignore user or press tab and click on the little speech bubble on the scoreboard for the player you want to mute.

Can't believe I didn't know that :D thanks dude :D
    Theres nothing worse than playing a game, having fun, then getting annoyed or killed because of stupid flammers/ragers

Advertisement