Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 danmur

been playing for a a year now and played some ranked too if anyones up for duo que?
    add me: danjesama

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Been playing 2-3 months now,My main is level 18 and my alt is level 13
    I have two because i get consistently banned and am average a level 2 warning all the time on both accounts,purely because my internet cuts out so much.

Currently trying to master Nidalee and her 7 skills =0 my main is for tanking when i feel like just pwning some noobs.

I'm surprised there are a few irish players,i've never come across any at all
    add me on either if you want,i make no garauntee's about not lagging though
    Main; kroatoan92 alt;kroatoan85

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

Been playing for a bit over a year now, if people want to play, add me;

HandHeldCoffee

I also have a Teamspeak so we can communicate better during games and social.

GL HF

• Registered Users Posts: 9 R4de0n

There are plenty of use using the Irish league of Legends facebook group
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/278320565546525/
    This is a link to it

My Nick is R4de0n if you feel like adding me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

R4de0n wrote: »
    There are plenty of use using the Irish league of Legends facebook group
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/278320565546525/
    This is a link to it

My Nick is R4de0n if you feel like adding me

Gamers on Facebook... sad day :(
    Anyone got a LoL IRC channel I can idle in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Wanders_fan

We could make an In client Chat room called Boards.ie or Ireland instead of an IRC then you can see who is in Client. I'll try setting one up tonight after work

In game:TheFalv
    Currently rocking Singed in the last week. I mostly main Jungle Amumu or AD Teemo.

I have never went Mid AP and learning that is my next goal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I've been playing a little bit! Acc is level 19 at the moment.

I mostly play AD Teemo over the last few days but I'll play anything really.

Add me in game: Adeyrn

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Wanders_fan

So Boards.ie Chatroom has been created if anyone is interested.
    You can set it to open up on start up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Add me in game

Legend3655

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

I just started playing this game and it is after hooking me in. Currently level 14 and I am mainly playing Blitzcrank.

• Advertisement

New patch preview is up. They're nerfing my Karthus :( On the plus side they're also nerfing Shen and Soraka.

Im in work so cant check out the vid.

What are they doing to karth and shen? Shen's easily shut down as it is :/

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Im in work so cant check out the vid.

What are they doing to karth and shen? Shen's easily shut down as it is :/
    Lol, Shen is a perma-ban my friend. Karthus, Shen and Soraka are all having the cooldowns on their ults increased.

Seifer wrote: »
    Lol, Shen is a perma-ban my friend. Karthus, Shen and Soraka are all having the cooldowns on their ults increased.
    Someone picks shen? Simple. Pick yorick :)

Thats not THAT bad of a nerf i was expecting worse.

Someone picks shen? Simple. Pick yorick :)

Thats not THAT bad of a nerf i was expecting worse.
    Sure Shen might lose the lane on cs then but that's not the point. Shen's power is in instantly making any fight from a 2v2 to a 3v2 etc. And the split pushing his ult allows him to do. By nerfing the cooldown they hit his two strongest aspects.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Epsi

Enjoy the game a lot. Have a Level 30 account , but have recently started a low level account as I've to relearn a lot of key skills to the game after taking a break from it. The community is the one thing that sickens me. They're incredibly abusive towards any novice players/mistakes and funnily enough those dishing out the abuse are among the worst players I've seen.

I main Taric in Dominion. The amount of times I've been asked "Are you trolling?" at the start of match is ridiculous.

Yes, there are a disproportionate amount of trolls, little kids who will threaten to afk if they don't get their way and just general idiots who play this game.

Saying that, Taric is not a strong pick on dominion. Obviously you can play what you want and it's not like there is dominion ranked and nobody has the right to be an ass about it.

Yes, there are a disproportionate amount of trolls, little kids who will threaten to afk if they don't get their way and just general idiots who play this game.

Saying that, Taric is not a strong pick on dominion. Obviously you can play what you want and it's not like there is dominion ranked and nobody has the right to be an ass about it.

You'd be surprised how decent Taric is , I usually end up finishing second or third in most games with him , out performing those who think I'm trolling but lower than strong players playing strong champions. I've 1v1 'ed countless champs with him and won a good amount of 2v1s . My personal best has been a 3v1 one though where I took down a pantheon , Warwick and Leblanc. With Leblanc diving in (and dying) on top of me after I'd finished Pantheon and Warwick at a friendly base.

He isn't the strongest pick in the world , I'll accept that , but he is very durable , is quite good at defending points and dead annoying with his stun. I've had a large amount of success with him at least.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    2nd or 3rd... I assume you mean Dominions lolsome exuse of a Score system? Don't put any stock in that, seriously, it's a horrendous tally system that is absolutely no indication of a players contribution to a team in any way, shape or form. I could farm to No.1 doing bugger all for the team, much like many games were won with me busting my ass over the rest and being placed last - If you get anyone on your team who promote their 'rank' in the score system as any form of show of their contribution it's a bad bad sign.

As for Taric, yes, sure, he'll suprise quite a few people at low/moderate Elo (I've seen AD Tarics and AP Tarics, hell even full on Support Tarics - None of them any good at all, compared to any other potential pick that could have fit that role). Taric isn't going to be doing anything against a decent team I'm sorry to say.

Don't get me wrong, the only 'strong' champ I play in Dominion is Warwick, everyone else is either regarded as sub-par or average by the masses, so it's not like I'm one of those people who are unhappy if my team DOESN'T have Jax/Kass/Yor/Urgot (FOTM picks in Dom etc) or that someone chose a seemingly odd pick on my team - But Taric? Sorry, he is actually one of those very very slim few who I cringe at when I see on my team.

If I want to play someone "durable / good at defending points / dead annoying" I'd roll with Alistar, Jarvan, Malphite, Amu, anything else...

As much as I hate Taric in Dominion I can appreciate the scenario - I play Nasus a lot in Dominion whom gets a LOT of flak from 'experts' who claim Nasus is 'crap coz u cant farm Q' so I know the drill - It's then amusing how everyone underestimates thus gets splashed by Nasus if the game hits the 8-10min mark and he's bought two items - He's also very solid against the FOTM Yorick, Jax, Kass etc picks as his W (Wither) is just disgustingly nasty in Dominion, moreso that it's such a hefty bruiser/AD meta and its a 95% slow and atk-speed reduction on very short CD.

While I accept that the scoring system in Dominion isn't the most accurate way of determining someones contribution to the team. I think you're exaggerating how ineffective it is. It does take into account points captured/neutralized and the number of kills/assists from each player. While there is much more to the game than simple numbers , it does give you a general idea of who is contributing to the team , if you're unable to help capture points or contribute with kills/assists in team fights or conceded a large number of kills , the scoring system does show this at the end of each match. To say "I could farm to No.1 doing bugger all for the team" is a gross exaggeration in my opinion.

You say : "Taric isn't going to be doing anything against a decent team I'm sorry to say." But I don't particularly agree with this. I've found with proper awareness and timing as Taric I'm able to influence team fights in my team's favor and go toe to toe with a large range of champions in 1v1 situations.

Interesting point on Nasus , his wither is pretty nasty in dominion and your idea that he can counter flavour of the month picks might get me to try him at some point in the future as I like to play underdog (no pun intended) champions that people consider to be weak or sub-par. How do you find him without the large damage from his Q and what sort of build do you run? I'm guessing Trinity Force + something else?

I think my experiences with playing Taric are similar to your's with Nasus with people generally under estimating them in each game and considering them a "weak" or "troll" pick.

(It was the only tune I had since my harddrive died that matched the length of the vids)

I'm definitely going to have to give Nasus a try after watching that.
    The music was different. Strangely it reminded of Pokemon and Final Fantasy games on the GBA.

just saying that you will have to accept a lot of people will give out to you for your choice.

Yeah , I usually just let my performance do the talking. If afterwards people remain unconvinced then that's perfectly fine by me. I'll still have a blast playing him. :)

• Advertisement

Epsi wrote: »
    Yeah , I usually just let my performance do the talking. If afterwards people remain unconvinced then that's perfectly fine by me. I'll still have a blast playing him. :)
    I'll have to add you so see what you're like :P

I'll have to add you so see what you're like :P

Just in case there is a misunderstanding , I didn't mean that previous comment in a "I'm the best est Taric in the world" sort of way , I meant it in more of a "I try to play to the best of my ability as Taric to convince people he is a decent pick" if that makes sense. Naturally , the degree by which people are convinced depends on how I'm playing. Which is generally to a good standard , but I do have bad days.

Like despite having a good winning streak today ( 6 wins out of 7 games played today :D ) , I , along with the rest of the team played absolutely horrible in the last game basically throwing the match away on summoner's rift.

Last night i had a game where i went top with Cho, dominated the lane vs Jax, came out with 9/0/9 and 250 cs and still couldn't win the game. My ad carry kept diving and built a Banshee's Vail(?) and my jungler couldn't get a kill to his name.

3 ranked games lost in a row. Let the misery continue! :D

Last night i had a game where i went top with Cho, dominated the lane vs Jax, came out with 9/0/9 and 250 cs and still couldn't win the game. My ad carry kept diving and built a Banshee's Vail(?) and my jungler couldn't get a kill to his name.

3 ranked games lost in a row. Let the misery continue! :D
    In contrast to your post; I just got my tenth ranked win in a row ;) Admittedly I had lost a ton of elo before the streak but still :P
    Nautilus is OP! (and they're nerfing him)

In contrast to your post; I just got my tenth ranked win in a row ;) Admittedly I had lost a ton of elo before the streak but still :P
    Whats your summoner name so i can drag you back down? :P

Whats your summoner name so i can drag you back down? :P
    Fastpaws.
    Up to 11 now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

You were having some streak down the ladder dude, i tuned into some of them, really unfortunate stuff like top lane Xin Zhao. Glad you got out of it.

You were having some streak down the ladder dude, i tuned into some of them, really unfortunate stuff like top lane Xin Zhao. Glad you got out of it.
    Yeah, it wasn't fun. I'm fairly convinced that jungle is the way out it. That way you can help which ever lane is failing most so you're more carrying indirectly than picking top/mid/AD.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Do any of yous have any good resources for improving my play in League of Legends. I tend to frequent lolpro.com and mobafire and tend to watch some streams in order to try and see how better players play.

• Advertisement

Practice makes perfect imo.

Advertisement