Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Kold wrote: »
    I haven't been able to play LoL in 2 months QQ Hoping I can get a decent connection in Taiwan but unsure what servers they play on. If it's garena, I think I need a Chinese social security number to make an account. Oh and wtf they nerfed my beautiful Rumble? Why? He was my secret! Been playing him since release and steadily climbed with him when I couldn't play AD. Remember when Irelia was the most common top in the game? Bitches couldn't handle dat flamespitter. His weakness was autopushing and could easily get camped out of the game.
    In the Jayce patch they made a seemingly innocuous quality of life change to his flame-spitter that made it hit much more reliably. Since his numbers were balanced around the buggy old version when he uses the new fixed version he deals insane amounts of damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 teishen

Hey! I'm interested in gathering a few fellow scrubs to play with.

I'm level 11 at the moment and I usually play Malphite, Fiddle, Ashe or Kayle. My IGN is teish3n and I play on EU west if you want a buddy to **** about with!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Sycopat

teishen wrote: »
    Hey! I'm interested in gathering a few fellow scrubs to play with.

I'm a scrub! will add you when I get home. Will be late.

In other news, I feel like posting an update:
    Level 8, about to be 9, now. I've dipped a few toes into pvp, doesn't seem that toxic. Sure there's a few jerks, and I've been shouted at once or twice (usually for not putting the needs of the jerk above the needs of the group. Jerks have difficulty seeing that difference in all games though.), but keep my head down, try to do my job, try not to let the enemy kill me and most people seem happy enough with me. End the game with kills + assists > deaths and I'm happy. Even managed to win a few games.

Compared to tanking pugs in wow, this is pretty comfortable. So far anyway. Absolute mountain of info to absorb though.

What I think I need to do now is learn to play one hero from every role well enough to perform that role if needed. Getting a lot of groups composed entirely of carries. Which at least tend to be over quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

If you want to learn to fit in groups i'd generally take a role that isn't played often. Like I like to main as a jungle now because quite often there isn't one in many games, but I can play anywhere if required to!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lukeomah

me and 2 the lads play a good bit,lookin for 2 other decent players considerin were always teamed with retards who end up feedin straight away. IGN's:
    yD oE uA rD
    bifter
    shteamed

all 3 of us Irish and use ts so feel free to add and game with us :P lOl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

yD oE uA rD and shteamed don't work, says the usernames are not found.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

lads, can you just copy paste LOL folder to move it like blizzard games? or if i want to throw it on SSD i will need full reinstall?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lukeomah

n1ck wrote: »
    yD oE uA rD and shteamed don't work, says the usernames are not found.

ye forgot to mention we play on the N.american server...thats prob why >_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

lads, can you just copy paste LOL folder to move it like blizzard games? or if i want to throw it on SSD i will need full reinstall?

yes

yes

yes full reinstall or yes i can just copy paste? :D

• Advertisement

ha sorry dude, didn't even think of it that way.

yes, you can copy paste it. i've done it myself a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

Diana is just beyond insane powerful, how did this **** make it past testing?

She feels alot better in mid, her Q does incredible poke dmg.

Diana is just beyond insane powerful, how did this **** make it past testing?

She feels alot better in mid, her Q does incredible poke dmg.
    First two games I played, she was banned. The third one, she wasn't and yeah she's broken OP.

my first game with her (yeah i first time champions in ranked) i went 12/4/15, second game i got thrown behind by guarding our jungler, 5 cs vs 30, died twice but was still able to farm safely afterwards with Q come back and win the game.

Diana is a new champ? IFC its going to be broken! They need to sell that hot arse! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Haven't played that much against Diana yet. Hope she isn't too overpowered. Zyra is bad enough.

CrazyFish wrote: »
    Haven't played that much against Diana yet. Hope she isn't too overpowered. Zyra is bad enough.

Zyra has been hotfix nerfed on NA so it'll probably be deployed on EUW in the next 24 hours or so.

You really just need to dial back the base damage on dianna's Q and put up the mana cost a bit for her to be okay.

Akali is very similar,in that she's an assassin that gets out of control if fed. However the mana cost is so low on Q and the base so high that she can consistently trade and chunk people all day in lane, it also doesn't help that Q starts clearing the back wave in one hit at rank 3, she pushes like a machine.

On dominion she's just akali with no escape, or ahri that has to hard engage when trying to kill someone, the rest of what makes her amazing in the laning phase doesn't really mean anything.

Dominion is kinda shallow in that way.

Finally getting my BB installed and connected this week, so Ill once again be back playing!

About time!

• Advertisement

Riot have the nerf bat out and they're swinging it freely :/
    http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/21391-unoffical-pbe-patch-notes-for-8-23-2012-syndra

The Ali and Graves nerfs were needed. Diana had to be touched but I don't know about hitting the base damage and the ratio.
    Not sure what they're trying to accomplish with Ezreal. Probably want people to max Q before W.
    But they will destroy Karthus if they push this to live :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Seifer wrote: »
    Riot have the nerf bat out and they're swinging it freely :/
    http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/21391-unoffical-pbe-patch-notes-for-8-23-2012-syndra

The Ali and Graves nerfs were needed. Diana had to be touched but I don't know about hitting the base damage and the ratio.
    Not sure what they're trying to accomplish with Ezreal. Probably want people to max Q before W.
    But they will destroy Karthus if they push this to live :(
    Can't access link.

Can you quote the nerfs?

Poor Karthus :'(

Not official yet, only test realm notes but usually 90% of it goes through unchanged.
    Champion Changes

Alistar

Movement Speed: now 300 (Down from 305)
    Headbutt [Q]: now has a range of 600 (Down from 650)
    Diana

Health Per 5 sec: Now 6 (Down from 9)
    Crescent Strike [Q]: Now deals 70/110/150/190/230 (+0.7*AP) magic damage. (Down from 80/125/170/215/260 (+0.8*AP))
    Lunar Rush [R]: Cooldown is now 25/20/15 Seconds (Up from 20/16/12 Seconds)
    Corki

Hextech Shrapnel Shells [ Passive ]: Tooltip now says "basic attacks deal bonus true damage" instead of "deal 10% additional true damage"
    Valkyrie [ W ]: Cooldown is now 26/23/20/17/14 Seconds (Up from 20/18/16/14/12 Seconds)
    Evelynn

Dark Frenzy [ W ]: Cooldown is now 15 seconds (Up from 20 seconds)
    Hate Spike [ Q ]: Now costs 14/18/22/26/30 Mana (Up from 19/23/27/31/35 Mana)
    Ravage [ E ]: Now has a range of 225 (Up from 185)
    Ezreal

Essence Flux [ W ]: Now does 70/115/160/205/250 (+0.8*AP) magic damage. (Changed from 80/130/180/230/280 (+0.7*AP) )
    Mystic Shot [ Q ]: Now costs 28/31/34/37/40 Mana (Down from 30/35/40/45/50 Mana)
    Gragas

Body Slam [ E ]: Now costs 75 mana (up from 50)
    Graves

Quickdraw [ E ]: Now gains 30/40/50/60/70 % increased Attack Speed (Down from 40/50/60/70/80 % )
    Karthus

Wall of Pain [ W ]: Tooltip has changed - Now Creates a wall at target location that lasts for 5 seconds (Instead of Creates a 800/900/1000/1100/1200 distance widewall at target location that lasts for 5 seconds. ) and Enemies that pass through the wall have their Magic Resist reduced by 15 % (Instead of Enemies that pass through the wall have their Armor and Magic Resist reduced by 15/20/25/30/35 )
    Nunu

Ice Blast [ E ]: Now lasts for 3 seconds (Down from 4)
    Shen

Shadow Dash [ E ]: Cooldown is now 16/14/12/10/8 Seconds (Changed from 10/9.5/9/8.5/8 Seconds)
    Twitch

Expunge [ E ]: Now deals 40/50/60/70/80 physical damage (Up from 20/35/50/65/80 physical damage )
    Ziggs

Mega Inferno Bomb [ R ]: Enemies further away now take 80% damage (up from 75%)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jeziorski

There is any irish player who are playing on east? If yes then please add me ing: jeziorek1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

iv just started playing this so just wondering is there a boards group/server that people play on?
    ill keep trying my hand at the bot games for now but would like to play a bit more without being abused

Was playing last night with a few guys.

We should set up at 5 a side using mumble would be good craic.

Anyone on tonight, say from about 8?

Taylor365, I'm on from about 9ish. Up for a few games anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Be on later myself wouldnt mind playing a few games ;)

Nothing mega on the balancing either. Typically Riot employ nerfs to the obvious flavour champions every tournament. You can never truely cater for player creativity, but it appears Riot balancing is based of waiting to see what champion pops out at the next big LAN and is imbalanced as ****.

Gragas has definitely being FoTM in mid lately and it is easy to see why. A seriously strong champion to try contend with.
    Diana has been a tad bull**** from the start.
    Ezrael has been FoTM AD bottom and probably needed a little touch.
    Graves for being Graves.
    Shen will probably be getting alot of nerfs in the coming months
    Nunu was FoTM support

It just goes in cycles, you will probably see the above shelved for a while and somthing new come out of the woodwork.

At the moment the "ideal" comp isn't very varied.

Jungle - Needs to be tanky. Skarner, Udyr and Maokai are most favourties. Amumu is trending upwards again
    Top - Needs to be tanky too with sustain. Vlad, Irelia, Shen most common. Rumble making a return
    Mid - Ahri,Gragas, Annivia seems to be the main go to mids now.
    Bottom - Taric/Graves - Sona/Ez -Sona/Corki . Blitz making appearances and Nunu aswell.

With so many champions, obviously it will take time for some genuine balance and variety but three years in we are still just hoping to FoTM characters every month : /

I've been jungling mostly lately and working on AD. I am a competent MID player and decent in the jungle, but want to get better. I've used Mundo alot, and with him and Amumu I feel I've got a good base. I've been learning Skarner and Udyr lately and I see why they are so popular.

My AD play is pretty dirt but getting better, I use mostly Graves and Corki

So Riot have confimed the existance of the drophack: http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=839649 (video of it in action 3rd post down)

Anyone been hit with it?

Hope they patch it ASAP cause it's pretty much a game ruiner.

• Advertisement

I've been playing Nunu jungle in ranked lately. Real quick clean of the jungle, good sustain and great for ganks if you lvl your Ice blast.

One game yesterday i took my AD CARRY runes (15 armor pen, +10 dmg) by mistake...made a hybrid Nunu and ended with something like 8-1-6.

Right now trying to get better with Annie mid and Garen top.

Advertisement