Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Taylor365 wrote: »

Right now trying to get better with Annie mid and Garen top.

I'd probably look at something else if your playing ranked, those two champions are pretty easily destroyed in Ranked.

I had probably my most mechanically sound game last night. Skarner in the jungle ranked, and was just doing a really fluid jungle clear, counter jungle and gank decisions.

We were about 9-1 up after 14 minutes with two towers down. Our Vayne started to mess around and the game went on 15 minutes more then it should due to her feed, but it was a really big confidence boost.

So often in ranked everyone blames each other, but it was nice that I got compliments from my team, and also from the opposing team in post match lobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'd probably look at something else if your playing ranked, those two champions are pretty easily destroyed in Ranked.

Well its just to add more versatility and counter options.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Ah wunderguy, love this lads vids. He has been stuck in ELO hell for a while and is just doing a light running commentary of every ranked match he does as he tries to climb up the ladder !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjwLk5koxOY&feature=relmfu

Good shtuff, if anyone needs a mid player on EU add me.

fattitsmcgee Preferably ranked duo or 5's or at least draft anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Season 2 ranked rewards

I like the fact that they're basing if off top rating for the last month so you don't have to avoid playing to try and keep your rating. The mini-tiers are a nice addition too.

Few games tonight if anyone is interested.

Legend3655

I'll be on the 'Irish lol' channel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Few games tonight if anyone is interested.

Legend3655

I'll be on the 'Irish lol' channel

Ill be on from 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Seifer wrote: »
    Season 2 ranked rewards

I like the fact that they're basing if off top rating for the last month so you don't have to avoid playing to try and keep your rating. The mini-tiers are a nice addition too.

Kinda sucks for me as I can't access my account and my elo has decayed at least 100 since I left Europe :(

Anyone fancy bumping my a/c to gold? ;] Think its silver atm

nevermind, sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Lockky

Hi, I'm just downloading the game client now and I'm going to give it a shot as I've been hearing great things about LoL for quite some time now. My only reservation is that I'll be lightyears behind everyone else who plays so my question is twofold really:

Are there many noobs about? And how long does it take to catch up to a speed whereby I'd be able to play PvP rather than against Bots?

Thanks

Edit: also if anyone want the "referred by" thing I've still got the page open. Dunno what the gift is but its there probably for the next 30mins if anyone wants it just gimme a quick reply

Should hit gold tonight so after that I'm hanging up my ranked boots til next season. Plenty of time for newbies and normal games :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Epsi

Lockky wrote: »
    Hi, I'm just downloading the game client now and I'm going to give it a shot as I've been hearing great things about LoL for quite some time now. My only reservation is that I'll be lightyears behind everyone else who plays so my question is twofold really:

Are there many noobs about? And how long does it take to catch up to a speed whereby I'd be able to play PvP rather than against Bots?

Thanks

Edit: also if anyone want the "referred by" thing I've still got the page open. Dunno what the gift is but its there probably for the next 30mins if anyone wants it just gimme a quick reply

Late to the party but ;
    At the lower levels and Bot games , there are plenty of inexperienced players. Heck, there are plenty of inexperienced players regardless of level in this game. I'd recommend playing a couple of bot games to get a feel for the game itself , then dive into player vs player . Delaying player vs player till higher levels is a bad idea as it has certain aspects and lessons to it that can't be gained from playing vs bots.
    Hope it helps.

On a completely unrelated point , been getting into ranked pretty heavily lately , just under 100 games played and currently sitting on 1208 Elo in solo queue. Nothing too shabby , but nothing too fancy either. I've found I'm really good with support champions. Sona , Taric or Soraka are my go to champions for bot lane and I haven't lost a bot lane in quite a while even vs apparent premades. I can play a champion or two to a decent standard in each other role though. But I can play a wide range of supports and always try to get the supporting role.

I've found its great for carrying the game , as you're taking charge of the ad carries well being as well as map control and you've the ability to shut their ad carry down through strong harassing ( I play super aggresive in lane , starting with boots , 2 pots and a sight ward) . Since most people don't know how to support properly at this elo and think they can simply sit next to the ad carry in lane and afk while the adc farms , it's a highly effective way of shutting them down and getting your adc fed to win games.

Amazing Season 2 championships so far! Love it!

To cheese...

Is that when teams do like weird tactics or early aggression to secure kills and end game early or whats the deal?

-Vega- wrote: »
    Amazing Season 2 championships so far! Love it!

To cheese...

Is that when teams do like weird tactics or early aggression to secure kills and end game early or whats the deal?
    They have been good alright. The ending to that SK V CLG NA game... :eek:

Cheese is just anything unconventional. Something gimmicky a good team might lose to once but could shut it down pretty easy if they knew it was coming.

Example being the horrendous attempt Dignitas made by putting their AP bot, AD mid and having taric follow their Shyvana jungle around.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jeziorski

Hello, im from Poland and looking for team to play. Im playing on west, nick: Madrit Best. Please add me. I have 2 lvl cuz i was playing on east, 1600elo+. I wanna make ranked team later. Write here or ing.

Well Riot have really embarrassed themselves tonight. You can get a fancy stage, tv cameras and a big crowd but if you can't provide a stable internet connection (or do the smart thing and host it on a LAN) for the players then your not really helping e-sports get taken very seriously.

Will be interesting to see the fallout. I'm nearly hoping it was a DDoS attack instead of just pure incompetence.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

How could they not expect players to turn their heads and look at the screen when its a 2 flipping million prize pool ! Riot has not impressed me, I had a small look at the regionals and they looked like a better set up then that

And now they have the postponed quarter-final and the semi-finals starting at 1am on a weeknight ¬_¬

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

And now they have the postponed quarter-final and the semi-finals starting at 1am on a weeknight ¬_¬

As much as I hate to say it, Totalbiscuit is right, Its hard to understand, why a company like riot, who have more money then Jesus, at their World Championships which has the biggest single Esport prize pool ever, could not invest in Player booths ( to stop players reacting to the crowds cheers, or looking up at the screen, maybe even the sun Issue ), which they HAD at the regionals and MLG I believe, and some kind of psuedo lan client for this event only, to prevent disconnects etc.

Now I don't play much league at all, but I would watch it if its on while in downtime between games ( same with SC2, that is actually fun to watch also ! ). How was the Season 1 championship ? I just hope they learn from this for your next season, otherwise they should just let the third party/community run the events i.e MLG, PAX, Deamhack !

Poor picks from both Euro teams send them down. Really surprised at the m5 throw.

I don't know if anyone really thought of any of the Asian teams as underdogs, TPA are probably the biggest surprise package in the tourny though.

m5's dominance over the season was well earned though, they were far from predictable in their picks and have been pretty influential in the global meta of the game. Their teamfighting was unrivalled for a long long time also. You saw them go a couple of objectives down and then level it off with one perfect teamfight so often.

The poor NA showing goes to show their attitudes towards the game. It's simple enough, they were first to the party and did well, then the Euros schooled them in season 1. Now the Asians have come along, with well organised teams that practice 10 hours a day. Two of these teams have cast aside 2 GREAT European sides to reach the season 2 Final. This is now what it takes to be the best League of Legends team.

I'd love to know streaming incomes. You just know that TSM and CLG.na are raking it in due to the American and Euro markets and Curse are probably edging towards that too. I remember some figure like 50k a month from HotshotGG just streaming alone. You'd wonder can these American gaming houses that'll pan out like sitcoms generate more than the actual niceguy streamers (like Snoopeh) or non-English streams like those of the Russians and Asians (who no doubt are popular in their own regions)?

• Advertisement

With 3 days to spare:cool:

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/90322

(well it would've been 3 days if they hadn't extended the season end until November 6th)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

With 3 days to spare:cool:

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/90322

(well it would've been 3 days if they hadn't extended the season end until November 6th)

You machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lukeomah

alrite lads whats the quack.
    lookin for 1 or 2 more to join a team,made smurf accounts on eu west...
    3 of us are close mates and we play with 1 or 2 gooks and some other stoners,
    we be in ts a good bit and dominate most games.
    add us for play

"DUBlad"
    "DUBtheory"
    "DUBvillain"

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

lukeomah wrote: »
    alrite lads whats the quack.
    lookin for 1 or 2 more to join a team,made smurf accounts on eu west...
    3 of us are close mates and we play with 1 or 2 gooks and some other stoners,
    we be in ts a good bit and dominate most games.
    add us for play

"DUBlad"
    "DUBtheory"
    "DUBvillain"

What elo you guys play in round?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lukeomah

What elo you guys play in round?

havent started ranked yet, im only lvl 22 and one the lads is only 14 or so coz hes busy with college.

I am around 1500 elo looking for a good duo partner.

Hey guys, been playing league for about a year now.

Got a level 30 on EU, haven't played much ranked, got 7 wins 1 loss in solo Q ranked but mainly just play normals and draft.

Looking to get 4 other players together and play maybe once or twice a week for a few hours in our specific roles. I'd be playing mid specifically. I'm a relatively good player but I know I'd improve way faster if I had a team with me on mumble/ts etc to make big plays, and use more synergy in terms of champ pics and timing ults etc.

Also would be nice to get some constructive feedback and criticism when I do good or bad or average. Watch a replay here and there and improve etc. If it works out we can play more, but just thought a few hours for the first few weeks would be low pressure.

Any interest? Specifically want to stick to our roles and master them. Once our jungler, always our jungler etc. Any interest? This might be a bit pointless if you are already a 1800+ elo player and super solid at the game, but down to ye anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

'Grand Conde' - feel free to add me, only been playing a week.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Damn, the new TT Map is delicious - I hadn't played a whole lot of the old one but I remember not being too keen on it - Now the new one comes along and it's a gorgeous looking bastard child between SR and Dom.

Definately going to sink my teeth into it a lot more - Shame though that Dom and TT is infested with Bruiser Meta, though some would argue it's still a lot more balanced than Dom.
    Played it a few times today and it looks amazing but while they fixed a few glitches and exploits like you said it's completely brusier dominated. If you don't pick from a select few champions you're just not going to stand a chance which isn't much fun; even with all the new items they created.

I wish people wouldn't go so tryhard in non-ranked queues or that riot would let us ban a few champs in them.

• Advertisement

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/12cn45/dodging_ults_is_for_cowards_hit_by_3_and/

Not a big play but just thought it was funny when I was doing it, spent whole game being a mobile global taunt, worked well :)

Advertisement