Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

RopeDrink wrote: »
    For those who may have missed it, the Bork issue was hotfixed quite a while ago.

I knew it was coming - There was just too many high level streamers about complaining of the fact that everyone regardless of champ was buying Bork, including but not limited to ADC's - Someone even mentioned they saw troll'crap like Maokai or Cho'Gath with Borks.

Whatever about the 'general masses' complaining but when a hell of a lot of streamer or top-tourny players start venting and showing the state of a situation to thousands of people unintentionally during streams, stuff tends to get done a bit quicker. Supposedly resulted in a massive thread somewhere in the bowels of the internet that got all the attention - Glad it's sorted anyways and a lot quicker than the old Cleaver issue, too.

Quite a while ago? The official hot fix was announced 13 hours ago: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3191474

Or about 2 hours before my post above.

And everyone knew it was coming tbh; even considering the patch was only 4 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

BoTrK made me build ad teemo for a while, thankfully it got nerfed, and now I can go back to full ap. Bless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Does anyone use raidcall? It sounds amazin

Crash them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Played Karthus last night for the first time, really enjoyed it. Got to be one of the better champions for a noob like me, didn't die once which is a big change from my usual run-outs with Amumu or Nunu!

ionapaul wrote: »
    Played Karthus last night for the first time, really enjoyed it. Got to be one of the better champions for a noob like me, didn't die once which is a big change from my usual run-outs with Amumu or Nunu!

I wouldn't have said Karthus is a good champ for learning on but go with what's fun. However, don't be afraid to die on him; that's what his passive is for. Obviously don't suicide unnecessarily and try to die in a position where you can still deal lots of damage before ulting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Euanrolls

I honestly don't know why, in all my time playing league I never once thought about jumping on here and seeing if there was a thread about it so I could find more Irish folk. I already have a bunch of Irish guys that I play with that I met through league and other games. I've been playing for nearly 2 years and am fairly decent at all the roles, my best/favourite roles are jungle, ad and support. Add me if ye wish, I always welcome Irish people with open arms. I also have access to ventrilo, teamspeak3 and mumble servers. My ign is TheEasterRising (nice and republican of me xD). Message me on here if you do add me so I can put the puzzle pieces together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

tuxy wrote: »
    Does anyone use raidcall? It sounds amazin
    !

Me and my mates use raidcall because Skype was using too much bandwidth for me(dole connection :( ) It's really good, essentially like Teamspeak but free :P

Stolen from Reddit but too good not to share:

QUESTION: When should I go AD/On-Hit teemo top over full Ap teemo?

I've been playing teemo full ap masteries / runes top and doing pretty well. Depending on situation, I build..

Spell pen boots
    Liandrys
    Malady
    Hurricane
    Deathcap or whatever else

But when is it better to swap over to ad runes and build something like
    Frozen Mallet
    Bloodthirster
    Static Shiv/Nashors/malady or w/e

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

-Vega- wrote: »
    QUESTION: When should I go AD/On-Hit teemo top over full Ap teemo?

I've been playing teemo full ap masteries / runes top and doing pretty well. Depending on situation, I build..

Spell pen boots
    Liandrys
    Malady
    Hurricane
    Deathcap or whatever else

But when is it better to swap over to ad runes and build something like
    Frozen Mallet
    Bloodthirster
    Static Shiv/Nashors/malady or w/e

Generally AD teemo is to be avoided as all I believe his abilities scale off AP. He falls off late game when you build AD.

I could be wrong though so someone correct me if i am :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Teemo hard counter to Vayne. Ya heard me.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmeraldDragon

Best supports to get going in support to learn basics on would be cho and ryze. Both super weak and with limited capability in support either based on limited cc options (ryze) or high mana costs (cho). Both teach you a lot by mastering them and also become relevent late when most supports fall off and die horribly.

Also my main supports are Taric and Gangplank. GP is one of the best supports ever. 5 gold!!!!

Pick up taric, sona, and thresh. Keep playing them until you start winning, dont stop. Leave blitz, banned 2 often.

As for teemo, playing him a lot top and mid, doing very well, even beating a few of my natural counters such as zedd, akali, and wukong. Bully them up until level 3, if I dont have a kill on them by then I play passive until I have a few shrooms down or gank, then its gg.

Even if I died once, twice, it doesn't matter on teemo. If you stop the bleeding there by getting a blue buff for cd and shroom up around ure tower to stop dives, ganks and minions taking it you can hold top. If you have really lost your lane, build a hurricane and get your team to hold while you shove lanes with shroom protection, so good. Very hard to lose if you have a team that listens.

@Emerald I didn't mean learn the role, I meant Teemo in general. .

Ah. My own fault for not reading properly. I do find he is ok as support but excels more when played as AP carry bot with support when you have an ad top and mid. Might be an option you could try to help learn him a bit more.

Teemo support really sucks, hes very squishy and anyone will half a brain will blow him up very quickly.

n1ck wrote: »
    Teemo support really sucks, hes very squishy and anyone will half a brain will blow him up very quickly.

There are few unsquishy supports. even a tanky champ used as support wont be that tanky. His squish factor isnt as much of an issue as you may think.

Sure it is, he'll get blown up in no time with any duo bot with half a brain. His shrooms are all well and good but as a support he sucks. In general he isn't a good champ, he may have a good lane phase but he has a terrible mid-late game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I love having a Teemo on my team. After a losing teamfight just run a route that will bring whoever is chasing you through a shroom and turn it around on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Hey, I don't know if this is the "official" LoL page for boards but I've been playing this game pretty intensively the last week or so. I'm currently level 23 and playing 10+ games a day. A friend of mine who is Challenger on EUE got me into the game but he's so busy in tournaments and stuff we don't play together that much. Soloq is fun and all, but it would be cool to get in touch with some other people and play some duo/tri queue. Like I said, I'm still relatively new to the game at level 23 but I'm looking to get 30 ASAP and get into ranked when I feel comfortable with a few more champs. Is there a way for me to get in touch with other people on boards who would be up for some games every now and then (currently I don't care about level/skill/experience just looking to improve my own gameplay, mechanics and champs)?

EDIT: Maybe a boards.ie chat room?

Honestly, Teemo doesn't really work at all in game, his early lane phase is ok but he does not scale at all well. Most ADCs outrange Teemo so anytime he goes for a trade he's gonna get hit, unless the ADC is ****. He hasn't got high base health, so say for example an Ez mystic shot, it will take about 1/5-1/6th of his hp, he isn't gonna be ballsy enough to hang around when he is taking damage like that.

I've played against Teemo support a few times and it doesn't work. He only has one escape and that's his flash(you can count w, but it's not reliable when I have a gap closer of my own).

• Advertisement

So just went to click "Play Again" and I had a yellow ribbon around my portrait \o/ Whatever that means!

N1ck, your making a tit for tat on paper argument. I've seen everything from AD/AP Teemos to tanky Teemos to Support. Not every player is going to be taking 1/3 of their HP from a mere Ez Mystic shot, that's just nonsense - And ADC's need to outrange Teemo slightly because of his blind mechanic - It's a sort of tradeoff - They can opt to get a hit or two in but if you're going for a slugfest, you're going to eat blinds and lose a lot of potential damage - If Teemo wanted to secure harass or trade, W is there to chase or pressure any in-out shenanigans the enemy may be trying at Teemo's range sweetspot.

W is for aggressive and defensive purposes, it's not entirely related to whether you have a gap closer or not, I certainly wouldn't care if you had - Because, again, on paper if you're going to use it to close the gap to me (the support) that basically just leaves you open for death to my carry, moreso if you're silly enough to do this post 6 with shrooms on the map.

These things can be baited - It's not like W is exclusively for running away. I use it to get in and out for additional harass and make it hard for them to counter-harass despite Teemo's lower range.

I'm not here to argue the viability of a) Teemo or b) Teemo as a support, I simply said I was having fun trying him as a Support and how it seems to work at the garbage elo I'm at, which suits me fine - I don't see how a professional player couldn't make him work in a normal elo environment either. Ironically we had a mini premade a few days back with a Plat player using the faithful AP Teemo top and he absolutely ravaged everybody, was pretty disgusting and encouraged me to give him a shot myself.

Not wanting to discredit anything you've said (I love playing Teemo myself) but I literally just two shot him in my last game (as Cait). I wouldn't call that late-game viable.

And? I've two shot many players / various champs before, some of which are constantly used in the current tournies. Does that make them any less viable? You can base an individual opinion of a champ using personal experience, sure, but most of us won't do that as it's a poor representation of the champ as a whole.

I'm not even a fan of Teemo, infact I generally despised him as he was stupidly common after the old patches, especially in Dominion and TT - So it's not like I'm a die-hard fan chomping at the bit to save Teemo-Face, but a lot of the arguements being thrown here are very weak individual experiences.

I could say the same about my posts but again, I'm not arguing the viability of Teemo or him as a Support, just saying I think it's possible (And quite fun) outside of the garbage elo I play at.

At a sh*t ELO I'm sure he can be good. I doubt at a high level he can. But then again, I'm like you I don't want to argue against the matter but I believe there are a lot more Cons to Teemo than Pros.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Hey, I don't know if this is the "official" LoL page for boards but I've been playing this game pretty intensively the last week or so. I'm currently level 23 and playing 10+ games a day. A friend of mine who is Challenger on EUE got me into the game but he's so busy in tournaments and stuff we don't play together that much. Soloq is fun and all, but it would be cool to get in touch with some other people and play some duo/tri queue. Like I said, I'm still relatively new to the game at level 23 but I'm looking to get 30 ASAP and get into ranked when I feel comfortable with a few more champs. Is there a way for me to get in touch with other people on boards who would be up for some games every now and then (currently I don't care about level/skill/experience just looking to improve my own gameplay, mechanics and champs)?

EDIT: Maybe a boards.ie chat room?

Yo Sin what is your tag.

Orizio wrote: »
    Yo Sin what is your tag.

lololololol

IRLSinisteR

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Lets run Nunu/Cait botlane and rape like a boss kekekekekeke.

n1ck wrote: »
    Honestly, Teemo doesn't really work at all in game, his early lane phase is ok but he does not scale at all well. .

hope you dont mean top or mid, because I have yet to lose my lane on teemo. If I lane top against someone I cant trade with, I build defensive and cooldown, with the focus being on holding my lane, and letting my jungler snowball other lanes, and then later being able to shove all lanes safely with shroom escape. Can build tanky entire game and throw a hurricane on at any point to become a real pain in their ass. Uncatchable.

Mid lane if I came up against say a Leblanc, id stack magic resist early, wait for jungler/level 6, and just shroom up again and more so in our jungler and at the foot of enemy jungle. Even doing that has a great presence for the rest of the team. If I build a liandrys, 1 shroom will clear a wave, usually leave a shroom or two under my tower, to hold it if Im not there or to protect me when I inevitably get dived by 'dat xin'

maybe its just because ive so many games on him im overly comfortable on him, teemo lux cass are my favourite champs, all my games are spent on them.

Orizio wrote: »
    Lets run Nunu/Cait botlane and rape like a boss kekekekekeke.

Sounds legit.

EDIT: LOL NICE LEAGUE FAGG*T

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Sounds legit.

EDIT: LOL NICE LEAGUE FAGG*T

Sums up the community nicely.

• Advertisement

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Sums up the community nicely.

It's a shame me and Orizio have played SC2 together in the past (for years and are good buddies) and this post is 100% sarcastic, as would be suggested by my previous posts.

Sums up this community nicely :(

Advertisement