Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

Forum is approved!

good stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Counter play matters far before "the highest level".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Kold wrote: »
    Counter play matters far before "the highest level".

This. I play Renekton alot also and i feel even against "counters" he is still a strong pick. But if you know the matchup and you know you cant straight up trade with your lane enemy then you can atleast not feed, nevermind getting ahead in lane.

But from experience i think mid is alot worse than top for hard counters. Ever try to play Xerath versus Ahri? There is nothing at all you can do in lane other than farm. Unless the Ahri is seriously bad/drunk. Thus the reason i rarely play mid as i dont like to be first pick and choose a mid and if im last pick most likely someone higher up than me picked mid. No problem first picking top though

In fact it matters less at the highest level where people are actually able to laneswitch without having an aneurism. Also, you can depend on your jungler having more of an idea of where he should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Guys I need some advice. I normally jungle in ranked but I'm only in silver V
    I had so points and was moving up the ladder until I had a few game in a row like this

259366.jpg

Bot lane was 16 deaths 1 kills down and all out other lanes were loosing.
    I did have more presence than their jungler but could not make an impact .
    When I pinged that I was coming to help they would ignore my pings.
    I'm just unsure of how to carry in this situation. Do you think I am making a mistake by playing tanky bruiser jungle?
    I don't have time to play as much as I used to so I need to make every game count.

• Advertisement

I never play her but I'm told Vi is in a bad place at the moment, she can't carry as hard as a carry jungler and she doesn't CC as hard as beasts like Sej, Naut or Cho.

Sometimes there is literally nothing you can do to win a game though, and looking at your botlane, this seems like that kind of game. Just suck it up and keep going. I found playing less in evenings and weekends and just not playing ranked at all during midterms had a very positive effect on my teams.

Yeah simply, if your botlane feeds 16 kills by 20 minutes, there's nothing to be done. Just hope you never get them again. Also lol @ Support Voli rushing Warmogs with no wards, 8 deaths, blaming you.

Surprised they're in silver 5 tbh.

Well I main jarvan but mix it up a bit with vi and hec. I'm just on a really long loosing streak. I find my team have problems getting cs. It's not unusual for my mid laner to have 50 cs after 30 mins. I often have the highest cs on the team as jungler even though I never take any from lane only covering when I have to.
    I'm just thinking that maybe I'm making a mistake by playing jungle but it is what I enjoy playing.

Vi is my most played ranked champ with 41 games and i much prefer to play her top. With the farm she gets from top when team fights start there is almost nothing the enemy APC/ADC can do to stop you from blowing them up. I feel she is kinda weak in the jungle atm and would suggest Sej or Hec. Both with loads of CC and nearly unkillable late game.

Also lol at that Voli. I dont think bottom is your fault at all

No, jungle and mid are pretty much the 2 biggest influences in the game. Just some people are too heavy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

That's just the average LOL player who cnt face he's bad.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    That's just the average LOL player who cnt face he's bad.

Well I'm fairly bad, still so much to learn but at the end of the laning phase as jungler I often have more cs and am higher level than the solo laners on my team. I don't know why this happens so much I don't take farm from lane unless it was going to go to waste.

Nautilus looks like a great jungler but if my carries do no damage because of lack of farm how do I carry with someone so tanky?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Teemo is soooooo cute! #snuggly

Edit: Note to self. Log out of boards when out of the house.

tuxy wrote: »
    Well I'm fairly bad, still so much to learn but at the end of the laning phase as jungler I often have more cs and am higher level than the solo laners on my team. I don't know why this happens so much I don't take farm from lane unless it was going to go to waste.

Nautilus looks like a great jungler but if my carries do no damage because of lack of farm how do I carry with someone so tanky?

Either your staying in the jungle to much or your team mates are really bad at last hitting. As far as tanky jungle is concerned, if you make a big impact on the lanes with your ganks and donate all kills to your AD, AP and Top when team fights come around they very well should be doing enough damage to carry.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

sigh, yet another annoying derp.

Started playing ranked again, on silver, up for promotion.

1st game of three. Won it in style, carried hard, bought more wards on my mid than top and support combined to insure team had full vision at all times. Snowballed my bot lane, warded our jungle for top, gg. Good win.

2nd game of three. Doing fine, then bot lane start to argue, the adc and support give out to each other, and 1 afks. Our top is winning, Im winning, jungle is even, bot afks. Lose game.

3rd game.. Dominating performance, went ziggs mid, snowballed our twitch bot, went 6/0 and then our jungler dc'd. They picked up baron, followed by drake , followed by a few towers, and I ended up 6/8 and lost my promotion series.

This game, hard to stomach at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

That's the roll of the dice. I had to go for promo twice before getting up.

Regarding tuxy, as said above, either your teammates are THAT bad and you should pick a carrying position, or your spending too much time farming jungle when you should be ganking. I dropped jungle in favour of adc last season and mid this season. Jungling can only work with decent teammates.

I go for smitleess every time on my first camp so I can gank early. I normally get 2 of the 3 lanes ahead early but they seem to get cocky because of this and lose their advantage. Like I said at the moment I will regularly get solo laners that have 50 cs after 30 mins. When I get lanes ahead early and they lose the advantage I'm not sure where to go from there. Because of this when it gets to team fights we have no damage when I go tanky so it just feels like I have no impact no matter how much I gank in lane.

Because I have lost a good few games in a row now the system is matching me with bronze 4 players while the other team is usually silver or high bronze, do you think that has something to d with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Anyone watch that alternate vs fnatic game ? Insane game, alternate are so good atm.

Yup. Absolutely sh1t hot. Every position making play after play.

I've been trying nautilus now since yesterday. It's amazing how I can just focus their carrys and lock them down. But I don't have the damage to kill tham and I can't force my carrys to go for the people I focus they just want to focus tanks.
    Should I focus tanks too or should I build damage so I can kill?

• Advertisement

Looks like support is not my role either

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Looks like support is not my role either

lol, dat teemo !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Played the Arcade con league of legends semi final match last night.

After getting stomped I'm the first game we provided two powering performances to land a place in the finals...and on LAN :)

It was so intense and we were roaring at the end of it :)

Vods are up on twitch.TV/arcadecon and worth a watch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

TheDoc wrote: »
    Played the Arcade con league of legends semi final match last night.

After getting stomped I'm the first game we provided two powering performances to land a place in the finals...and on LAN :)

It was so intense and we were roaring at the end of it :)

Vods are up on twitch.TV/arcadecon and worth a watch :)

Congrats man! Best of luck in the Finals !!

Figured I should keep you guys updated
    Time to play a carry?

Figured I should keep you guys updated
    Time to play a carry?

Honestly? Yeah support at low level is pointless unless you're going with an AD who knows how to play. This is your time to experiment with carries and find out who suits your playstyle.

Draven would just run at 3 of them when the jungler came to gank. I used all my moves pollymorph,glitterlance,ult and it did no good. I only have a little farm from trying to defend the turret, how did I end up with more gold than the top laner and the adc? I'm not sure I could have turned it around as adc, wouldn't that draven player be supporting me if I went adc?

It just seems every single game someone feeds 10 kills in the lane phase. Now of course sometimes that person is on the other team but either way I have little impact on the game because the team with that person will lose. So in order to progress I think I need to find out what position I might be able to carry after someone on my team has fed.

Maybe the league I'm in is too high but I can't drop from silver V.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

both ure adcs in both games built derpy as **** items, probably not ure fault.

-Vega- wrote: »
    both ure adcs in both games built derpy as **** items, probably not ure fault.

What about the other lanes? I don't understand how I go more gold than the top laners as support, is GP10 runes that good? If I played well which lane could I make the most impact from in those games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

What about the other lanes? I don't understand how I go more gold than the top laners as support, is GP10 runes that good? If I played well which lane could I make the most impact from in those games?

If your top laner got zoned, yes gp10 is that good.

In my experience any role can completely tank or make the game, just find the one you play best and keep at it.

Advertisement