Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

4K or 6K Target earned, god this is slow.
    I notice from your game history you play a lot of co-op vs AI. Not only is the AI very bad but you earn less IP and after something like 4 games every 24 hours you get no IP for any further games. So if you want to get more IP start playing normals.
    Who's the best hero to start out with, preferably free to play.
    Of the current free to play heroes, Ashe. Very simple hero to learn that is a top pick at the highest levels of play. Ranged AD are more forgiving when you start out as it means you're not in the middle of every fight (or at least you shouldn't be :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Seifer wrote: »
    I notice from your game history you play a lot of co-op vs AI. Not only is the AI very bad but you earn less IP and after something like 4 games every 24 hours you get no IP for any further games. So if you want to get more IP start playing normals.

Of the current free to play heroes, Ashe. Very simple hero to learn that is a top pick at the highest levels of play. Ranged AD are more forgiving when you start out as it means you're not in the middle of every fight (or at least you shouldn't be :P)

Yeah, last dozen games have been PVP. Was playing with lvl30s last nigth(2 games) and though obviously I wasnt up to their level, held my own from midgame on.

Pantheon vs Ashe is p.great. One guy spent a whole game just jumping her:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

might be an idea to get a few fun games going, 5v5 or 3v3 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

just had a game with lads. so much fun with vent!

we play vs cpu now as we all newbs to LoL.

i use that veyne character. she is a slow to start off, but when you get few bits, then she just rapes! :eek:

she is one of those rotation characters? not in basic free cast? i might buy her, as she is awesome!

she is one of those rotation characters? not in basic free cast? i might buy her, as she is awesome!

She's gone by tuesday morning.

• Advertisement

She's gone by tuesday morning.

As much as I can see 1 champion is about 5 quid? Does not look too bad.

I was told by my friend, who is lvl 30, and newer told us lol. That she is on game only 2 weeks? That's why she is so common?

So annoying when someone else picks her :( .

I do realise what does it mean that you need to learn few champions.

Buy a weird one, never any trouble picking. Sion is perfect like this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

anyone here play HoN ?

RopeDrink i hate you... i needed anather addiction like a hole in my head *goes back playing fecking LoL"

Off for tonight. 5 of us were playing bs a.I. All on vent. And we had so much fun. Then rest had to go and that was just me and anather fella.

I played 3 matches in a row and i loved it! Haven't played anything like this for few hours since settlers 7! I imagine playing vs people is even more fun. I will get some more runes and spec and some proper game experience. Atleast bots cAnt ./facepalm at me :).

I have to say that skins and graphical design is just unbelievable! It's free to play too! Will be buying some characters and skins. Developers deserve some money.

• Advertisement

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Totally demoralized with LoL at the moment, kinda glad now that I won't be playing anything until Tuesday.

Bought Rumble, had some fun practicing in AI CPU matches then went to ranked and won three (Not much thanks to me but mostly positive scores and comfortable wins) then I play today and it's loss, loss, loss, loss... 4-5, can't remember.

Last match we were completely dominating everywhere until late game when the team just fell apart. Previous to that the game was a whitewash where I got signed up with a premade team I had got sucked into on a different day (I remember the main guy plays Blind Monk), both times they just completely lost, embarassingly, with me stuck in the middle as a spare.

Normally I can understand it if it's a case of me being absolutely horrendously clueless and thus causing a line to fall but it's not the case - Team just ignore blatant gank opportunities, or overpush into being ganked themselves, opposition outgear and level us, smash, long loss.

Come Tuesday I'll get back into LoL, also ordering a shiny new PC the same day so that should be fun. Until then, meh, don't check my match record, it's f'ing horrendous.
    Law of large numbers. You won't notice the win streaks as much as the loss streaks either. As long as you play to your best ability every game you'll end up with a positive W:L ratio.

Also nice video above with the malphite and shaco; you sure do churn them out quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Just can't get my head around this game. I just always seems that my champion is crap compared to the bots! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Downloaded this yesterday after seeing this thread, played the tutorial etc. then a co-op game against the AI which I had to leave during... played another two games and lost.

But - enjoyed them all the same. So this morning I decided i'd buy a few riot points, picked up a new champion called Alistar and finished a victory on 14/5/5 with a killing spree of 7. And 2 of those deaths were because I ran onto the opposing sides altar. Enjoying it so far, can see a lot of time being sunk in. Level 4, almost at 5 now.

Username is Rhinocen if anyone wants a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

You should rarely engage an enemy champion directly, if the bots are owning you, try harassing and whittling down their health before lunging in for the kill.

Also try paying special attention to what the champion you are playing does well, some champions are really awesome at tanking damage, others really great at killing minions, some are just pure champion assassins.

Anyone gotten any funny tribunals today?
    Had some guy "0-38-2 Intentionally feeding after 1 guy killed 1 junglemob." Summoner level 8. Love the hardcore kiddies.

Also had a guy reported for ruining multiple ARAM games so custom game reports do count.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 B1ue

im sure some of you might want to join in and play against each other, so here is a small tourny

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72509779#post72509779

Had my most enjoyable game so far just now. 55mins, back and forth between bases literally half a dozen times, every time each team would just hold on by a fingernail, eventually when most were involved in a central melee I ran up bot alone, took on a fiddlestix who twice tried to sap my life, then realising I was lifestealing at like 40/140% eventually leaving him to run off to the summoning pool, solo nexus takedown just as he came back. Supposedly he totally sperged to his team:D

lol_1.png

Bad KPD, but I dont play Sion for the kills, do it for the wins :P

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

Your build is fantastic :D

Your build is fantastic :D

That ended up being totally random, I'm changing stuff from my old one so its a bit different every time. The first three are regulars, the second three were random "while dead" pics.

Rumble makes me rage so hard, little bollox:p

• Advertisement

Ha, well luckily for my opponents I've not had much chance to overgear him so I've been more a nieussance than a powerhouse thus far.

Can't play LoL... It's still OVER 9000 logging in and been waiting at least 40mins -.-

Wtf with that? I needed restart, and I got in begging of the que :( . I like wow que :( .

Ah well.. Playing minecraft so until que will be set...

Well this blows.

http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=2367564#post2367564

Issue is fixed but queue back log because of it.

So issue is obviously not fixed as after I got to position one it told me the server is busy.
    It won't even let me queue now.

Okay I bought Ashe and I seem to be slowly getting to grips with this.

Don't think I can play any of you guys as I'm on the NA server.

was playing vayne last week. loved her alot.

now playing swain. like him alot, but sometime i have horrible mana problems :( .

like that zerg type 2 legget maggot too :p. cant remember the name lols.

thinking of buying swain or vayne now. everytime i jump in to character i like i find out they are 6300 IP :(

I caved and bought the collectors pack thing. Warwick's a bit fun, isn't he?

Well got 3.5k IP, thinking of getting that little squirrel that use that spitting tube. Damn I am **** with names...

Will buy vayne too after all with money.

I spent all day playing LoL... Ffs

Well got 3.5k IP, thinking of getting that little squirrel that use that spitting tube. Damn I am **** with names...
    Teemo.
    RopeDrink wrote:
    His speed increase on 50% Health is both godlike and an absolute curse. If you're trying to be sneaky and work around for a gank on a low HP character, for example, then they will hear you miles away and see the icon over their head, making hiding somewhat obsolete depending on where you are - They'll just know you're around so unless you catch them in the open, they have plenty of time to hide behind turrets or get to safety. On the flipside, in the open, it's delicious watching him claw people in the back as they try to flee. It's also an amazing help when you are the one trying to get away and some enemy nearby just HAPPENS to be on low health.
    You can toggle blood scent on and off if you're trying to get closer to someone you know is on low health before activating the speed boost.

I should turn it off for ganks though - I also sometimes misclick the button and wonder why it never pops up when I'm chasing some people - Just got to keep an eye on my buff icons.
    Please tell me you're not clicking on your skills :P
    QWER is the only way to play.

• Advertisement

Seifer wrote: »
    Please tell me you're not clicking on your skills :P
    QWER is the only way to play.

Its as bad as keyboard turn on wow! Lol

Cheers for name. Now I remembered: " captain teemo!!!"

That bunny costume is just Lols.

That game is eating a big part of my life now.

Advertisement