Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

If your top laner got zoned, yes gp10 is that good.

But would it not be possible to get more than 50 cs in 25 mins by farming under your turret. Just for example my last game was as top lane and even though I was not comfortable as I'm not used to that lane I had 210 cs after 35 mins. Even if I have to farm under the turret lots I still seem to do ok you just have to time the hits. You can't get tower dove at low levels so it works good.

I'm often last or second last pick so I will continue to try to do better as support since the other roles will be taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

tuxy wrote: »
    But would it not be possible to get more than 50 cs in 25 mins by farming under your turret. Just for example my last game was as top lane and even though I was not comfortable as I'm not used to that lane I had 210 cs after 35 mins. Even if I have to farm under the turret lots I still seem to do ok you just have to time the hits. You can't get tower dove at low levels so it works good.

I'm often last or second last pick so I will continue to try to do better as support since the other roles will be taken.

If you are a melee champion that doesn't have an easy way of last hitting and he royally screwed up against someone like jayce, theres literally nothing he can do.

Top lanes can also hold the wave with relative ease, its never just a simple case of "OMG just farm under your turret".

If you are a melee champion that doesn't have an easy way of last hitting and he royally screwed up against someone like jayce, theres literally nothing he can do.

Top lanes can also hold the wave with relative ease, its never just a simple case of "OMG just farm under your turret".

What I have noticed is that the people with really low cs spend most of their time with the wave pushed to the enemy turret, why does that happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

low elo

low elo

Elo, that's something from season 1 and 2 right? I hear people talk about it a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Suggestions to make this game better. Remove Jayce, nerf the f*ck out of Thresh, remove Kha'Zix.

After that small nerfs to Lux and Draven.

There. Game's perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Kold wrote: »
    Suggestions to make this game better. Remove Jayce, nerf the f*ck out of Thresh, remove Kha'Zix.

There. Game's perfect.

Get rid of teemo's mushrooms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

There. Game's perfect.

And Akili!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Just remove every single champion in the game, refund everyone their money and start from scratch!

Except Nunu, nunu should be let stay :)

keelanj69 wrote: »
    And Akili!

Akali is easy to beat (pink ward). Jayce and Thresh are f*cking ridiculously broken though. Teemo shrooms also. Oracle? Oh look, he doesn't do anything now.

• Advertisement

So dinged 30. Played one ranked game as adc (Miss Fortune), support picked Zyra. Other team picked Thresh and Varus. after about 10 ten minutes I was 1-4-2, team was doing equally as bad so we surrendered. Havent played a ranked game since, think maybe I need to practice some more first.

So started a new account so I could focus on a couple of roles from the beginging, Jungle and Support. Playing with Lee Sin and Jarvan. Finding Jarvan impossibly difficult early game (jungling) probably due to lack of runes and masteries at low levels. Lee Sin better but he is a difficult character to master. Playing Taric suport and enjoying him, thinking maybe to try Thresh as other support as he seems to be FOTM now.

The strange issue I seem to be having though is that the standard of player (about lvl10) is just as high and sometimes significantly higher than when I play a game on my lvl30 account. Are there that many smurf accounts at the low levels or am I getting matched with other smurf accounts? The flaming that goes on is unbelievable, when there is a new player there is no patience. Nobody seems to take the time to try and explain what they are doing wrong etc... just lots of "uninstall the game n00b". When I try to interject I get flamed to hell too just for standing up for the guy, it's really turning me off the game.

Playboy wrote: »
    So dinged 30. Played one ranked game as adc (Miss Fortune), support picked Zyra. Other team picked Thresh and Varus. after about 10 ten minutes I was 1-4-2, team was doing equally as bad so we surrendered. Havent played a ranked game since, think maybe I need to practice some more first.

Maybe wait a while but my first placement games I agreed to go support then someone else picked a support character, then the next game I asked to go jungle and someone else locked in jungle after I picked. That was followed by 2 games where people went afk on my team. So I lose my first 4 placement games and still got into silver, which is actually too high a league for me as I'm not able to carry the team at this level. And yes loads of smurfs at low levels, I'd just stick to one account and raise IP so you can get all the runes and rune pages you need.

The only away I have found to escape the raging is to play 5 man pre-made if you know enough people playing the game. There is still some rage but it's tiny in comparison to solo/duo queue.

Maybe wait a while but my first placement games I agreed to go support then someone else picked a support character, then the next game I asked to go jungle and someone else locked in jungle after I picked. That was followed by 2 games where people went afk on my team. So I lose my first 4 placement games and still got into silver, which is actually too high a league for me as I'm not able to carry the team at this level. And yes loads of smurfs at low levels, I'd just stick to one account and raise IP so you can get all the runes and rune pages you need.

The only away I have found to escape the raging is to play 5 man pre-made if you know enough people playing the game. There is still some rage but it's tiny in comparison to solo/duo queue.

I have quite a busy life so I only play when I can which isnt conducive to playing premades unfortunately. Was thinking that there is little point playing the smurf account given the issues I have encountered, just really didnt want to start my jungling experience at the higher levels where I'm likely to get flamed.

I started jungling at level 20 with no runes it was almost impossible but by level 28 I was starting to find it easier. I saved up and didn't get any runes until I could afford the ones I wanted for jungling at level 30. It makes a really big difference, you can't jungle competitively until you have a full rune set imo.

My advice would be to play normals and not ranked until you have 2 complete rune pages. Base the setup of these pages on your 2 favorite roles.

The strange issue I seem to be having though is that the standard of player (about lvl10) is just as high and sometimes significantly higher than when I play a game on my lvl30 account. Are there that many smurf accounts at the low levels or am I getting matched with other smurf accounts? The flaming that goes on is unbelievable, when there is a new player there is no patience. Nobody seems to take the time to try and explain what they are doing wrong etc... just lots of "uninstall the game n00b". When I try to interject I get flamed to hell too just for standing up for the guy, it's really turning me off the game.

Welcome to online gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

You do realise you are talking to the Taen

You mean welcome to moba games. When I go to play other games I get confused when people are friendly to me, it takes time to adjust.

haha.. Thanks but have been playing MMO's for 10 years now! Maybe I'm just getting old and cant deal with the kiddies anymore!

GO_Bear wrote: »
    You do realise you are talking to the Taen

I'm not happy that every new game I play someone seems to have nicked my name! Is it you!!?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

I'm not happy that every new game I play someone seems to have nicked my name! Is it you!!?:P

Whats the name worth to you ? :p

• Advertisement

GO_Bear wrote: »
    Whats the name worth to you ? :p

A large bag of chocolate buttons!

998262_10152955889405103_1049811851_n.jpg

Yi troll 5th picks mid when I'd called it. When you're this good, you carry from support.

Guys if one of your team says they are playing on a net book shold you dodge the game? Apparently they only get 3 fps in team fights but get 10 fps when it's one on one. I really hate dodging but paid the price when that player went 0/5 after 8 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Guys if one of your team says they are playing on a net book shold you dodge the game? Apparently they only get 3 fps in team fights but get 10 fps when it's one on one. I really hate dodging but paid the price when that player went 0/5 after 8 mins.

Wild statement tbh.

I've a notebook in work more powerful then what most people use as their dedicated gaming machine.

It depends on the machine they are using, if they are getting 3FPS, they are using a **** Pc or machine, not strictly because it is a notebook : /

And in fairness how often does that happen, I have never had someone tell me ingame "I'm playing on a notebook".

As said many times in the thread, if you start looking for excuses or ways to get around bad players or trolls, then your going to fail misrebly and stick where you are. When a **** troll, player, or team comes about, focus on your game, make sure your playing well, and take something from the game thats positive and negative.

I'm actually looking into doing a Vlog on ranked mentality. I had a relatively succesfull reddit thread where I'd outlined my rise from Bronze 4 to Silver in three weeks, and people there were asking for a vlog as if I had some secret.

Might do it after Arcadecon finals, where on the route to the finals I was in Bronze, laning against Gold and Plat top laners, and beating them, and influencing the game more

Yeah that would be cool.
    they said they needed a solo lane because of their fps

I know some laptop are ok for gaming, what notebook do you have in work?
    I've not used one in years, is the intel atom still the main processor in them?

Playing blind pick lvl30 and nearly everyone else has 200-300 wins compared to my 103. How does matchmaking work? Is it just random for regular blind pick games or does it match based on stats? I dont mind playing more experienced players as you tend to learn more (but get owned more) but was just interested as to how it works?

Honestly? Yeah support at low level is pointless unless you're going with an AD who knows how to play. This is your time to experiment with carries and find out who suits your playstyle.

Have to disagree, at low levels up to Gold, supports are the pivotal cog in botlane early to midgame.

Remember Phreak did a vlog where he was outlining how the most annoying thing he hears from low level players and amatuer players is how they see the ADC as the important role in the bot lane, when it's actually the support role.

And I tend to agree.

I could be killing for fun, but if my support is dirt and feeding, then it negates the lead I'm making. Where as if my support isn't dieing, trading well and engaging smartly, its a walk in the park.

In terms of the lulu picture score posted. The Draven had 58 CS 25 minutes in. You normally want to be at that about 5 minutes into the game. That is shocking stuff. He died 10 times, which kinda indicates he was just piss poor and it wasn't overly your fault. But if you want to criticise yourself, you were in a strong match up on paper in Draven/LuLu, against a Cait and unconventional support. You should be smoking that lane, then again, Draven might have been dirt.

Yeah that would be cool.
    they said they needed a solo lane because of their fps

I know some laptop are ok for gaming, what notebook do you have in work?
    I've not used one in years, is the intel atom still the main processor in them?

Nah man, notebooks and laptops are on par with desktops, just cause a **** load.

You can get a notebook with I7's etc. I think the issue is the player had utter trash hardware, not just the fact it was a notebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

When i was aiming to improve my CS I was aiming for about 100 CS at 15 minutes, then work up from there. 58 CS at 25 minutes is seriously bad.

• Advertisement

n1ck wrote: »
    When i was aiming to improve my CS I was aiming for about 100 CS at 15 minutes, then work up from there. 58 CS at 25 minutes is seriously bad.

Yeah on the rare occasion I get to play top I try to aim for 200 cs on volibear by 30 mins and usually make it or at least come close.

I guess the main thing to do is focus on my game and not my team mates.
    Things are starting to improve, I think this game went well. I ganked top and bot early to get Garen and Draven ahead. Then focused on mid a lot to take some pressure off lux since I saw she got countered. I just couldn't catch fizz so that's something I have to work on. I warded as much of the map as I could as nunu couldn't afford wards until about 30 mins in. I try to buy one or two on every recall, is that too many?

Advertisement