Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I would aim for 100 in 15 minutes because that is around average i'd say for laning phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

TheDoc wrote: »
    Have to disagree, at low levels up to Gold, supports are the pivotal cog in botlane early to midgame.

Tbh i saw the low games pld and thought he was pre 30. Ofc you need supports in ranked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Yeah I'm silver 5, I lost 6 out of 10 of my qualifying games and was put in silver.

Now I can't drop no matter how many I lose. Would bronze be a better starting point for me?

tuxy wrote: »
    Yeah I'm silver 5, I lost 6 out of 10 of my qualifying games and was put in silver.

Now I can't drop no matter how many I lose. Would bronze be a better starting point for me?

If you just play normals and leave ranked for a while you will lose LP and can drop leagues that way.

n1ck wrote: »
    If you just play normals and leave ranked for a while you will lose LP and can drop leagues that way.

Do you happen to know how long it takes? I find I can't get a structured game in normal so I don't think that would help me progress as a player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

n1ck wrote: »
    I would aim for 100 in 15 minutes because that is around average i'd say for laning phase.

As support do you not farm at minions at all? Just use items for gold?

Playboy wrote: »
    As support do you not farm at minions at all? Just use items for gold?

No i never farm as support,
    As support you will be in the same lane as someone else and if two people try to cs you mess up ther timeing and lose farm, ADCs item are more expensive than supports too.
    I use gold runes and buy philosophers stone or kages lucky pick. If farm is just going to go to waste last hit it under the turret but never push the farm in lane unless you are trying to take the tower. Sometime you may take a little cs helping to push waves late game.
    I often end up with more gold than solo laners and never have problems affording wards, which are my most important items.

Wtf. I won 7 out of 10 placement matches and was dumped in Silver 3. Vietnam servers though.

Kold wrote: »
    Wtf. I won 7 out of 10 placement matches and was dumped in Silver 3. Vietnam servers though.

Yes but I was put in Silver V.
    All my friends ended up in bronze even the ones that won 8 out of 10.

I think it must take normal games into consideration as I had more normal wins than loses. Just a guess, maybe someone can confirm it.

No in normal I had almost double my losses in wins. 2 of my placement games had afks too. It's annoying because each promotion has taken like 6 or 7 wins. I think I belong in Plat but I just don't have the champs and runes atm. IP farming is a bitch.

• Advertisement

I spectated one of my friends placement games and he definitely got 8/2 win/loss and was placed in bronze 1. I remember thinking I don't have a hope of making bronze 1.

When I told friends I was placed in silver they could not believe it as they had been playing longer and all did better in placement games but all got bronze 1-2.

If someone knows how it works I'd love to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Honestly it doesn't matter as you will be matched with people the same ELO as you which judging from your LP gains (+6) is around Bronze 3-1. I was in the same position as you where my LP was getting clamped hard in Silver 5 and i was winning 4 in a row then losing 1 and all my LP would vanish.

I just stuck it out and sure enough my wins increased as my skill at the game did. Currently sitting at 112 wins and 101 losses and on my way to promo's for Silver 3.

So my advice for you is to just stick it out and play ranked constantly. I haven't touched blind pick since hitting 30 as it has the highest amount of troll play in any game mode plus the games can be so one sided when you get matched with a premade of 1 Bronze dude and his Diamond buddy.

Also, just bought Udyr today. Cant believe i am actually considering buying that skin

I'm buying it :D

Yeah every udyr player wants that black belt skin!

Yeah every udyr player wants that black belt skin!

He's talking about the new legendary that was announced.

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/06/626-pbe-update-2-spirit-guard-udyr.html

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I spectated one of my friends placement games and he definitely got 8/2 win/loss and was placed in bronze 1. I remember thinking I don't have a hope of making bronze 1.

When I told friends I was placed in silver they could not believe it as they had been playing longer and all did better in placement games but all got bronze 1-2.

If someone knows how it works I'd love to know.

Just got through my 10 games with a 6-4 win/loss ratio.

Got placed in Silver 4.

Delighted!

260256.jpg

Shoulders like f*cking Atlas the last few games. It's annoying cos one of the guys I'd play group games with pre 30 has reached Plat 3 using Fidd jungle for 61 games, his next most played champ is Sona with 4 games lol. Seems a legit route to plat.

I've seen quite a few fiddle jungles lately and its seriously good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Am bored and decided to download this and give it a go. any videos etc i need to watch for a beginner.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Nolars wrote: »
    Am bored and decided to download this and give it a go. any videos etc i need to watch for a beginner.

The in-game tutorials are definitely worth the while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭F9Devil

So how does one start playing with Irish players?
    Are there any LANS, Clubs or internet cafe with (actually good) PC's?

My "summoner" name is: DjinnXiao

Add me if you want to play

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭F9Devil

I joined the chat but it isn't active. I've heard of LAN tournaments organized by DIT and other colleges... but havn't heard of any groups outside of college for those not in one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I'm usually in 'irish lol'. Always up for a game so jst shout.

IGN: PersecuteThis

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I hit level 30 and jumped into ranked.

Mongs. Mongs everywhere!

First game we had a Fizz who just fed all game and my team surrendered at 20 :(

Second we had an ADC who just wouldn't farm and instead just got killed over and over.

I hit level 30 and jumped into ranked.

Mongs. Mongs everywhere!

First game we had a Fizz who just fed all game and my team surrendered at 20 :(

Second we had an ADC who just wouldn't farm and instead just got killed over and over.

Have you seen my screenshots? This is how it goes until you can carry someone who as died 10 times in 20 mins. I'm still working on my game I will get there :)

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/9282/259366.jpg

I think my mistake here is I should have taken mid or top in champ select, if I won my lane by 17 kills I could have kept up with quinn, It's difficult to do that from the jungle.

On the plus side my first 2 placement games had afk players on my team so at least you had a better chance of a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I can't carry when they call a vote at 20 and everyone votes yes except me!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Anyone watching the MLG's? Some amazing plays going on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TTBrofist

Froggen and his pc problems again.... Can't seem to watch an EG game without a pause :/

I can't carry when they call a vote at 20 and everyone votes yes except me!

Were you playing a lane? How far ahead were you? Sucks if they did that to you while dominating your lane :(

• Advertisement

Anyone watching the MLG's? Some amazing plays going on there.

Yeah great first 2 games! But I hope everyone that will be picking Yi in solo queue knows the limited situations it works in :)

Advertisement