Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Playboy wrote: »
    haha.. Thanks but have been playing MMO's for 10 years now! Maybe I'm just getting old and cant deal with the kiddies anymore!

longer.. daoc came out in 2001 brah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

-Vega- wrote: »
    he didnt start playing until before toa came out :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

daoc was a great game :) i still miss it sometimes. But I dont remember my login information and be dammed if I'd remember my "secret word"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Welp Bronze II.

Can't say I'm surprised. The amount of bile and idiots in ranked is astounding. Might stick to normals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Bronze 2 is a good place to start, congrats.
    Ignore the haters and have fun :)

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote: »
    Bronze 2 is a good place to start, congrats.
    Ignore the haters and have fun :)

I try, and I know I'm not great at this game but it's ridiculous how bad some people seem or else they're just taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 R3DWOOD

Any good ranked teams out there from Ireland?

Just started playing and it's really good & pop.. neway..

Were do irish lol commies hang.. irc channel or team webbies out there?

- Verifyor

R3DWOOD wrote: »
    Any good ranked teams out there from Ireland?

Just started playing and it's really good & pop.. neway..

Were do irish lol commies hang.. irc channel or team webbies out there?

- Verifyor

My understanding is that the game has a reasonable number of Irish players but the community aspect is lacking. :(

Welp Bronze II.

Can't say I'm surprised. The amount of bile and idiots in ranked is astounding. Might stick to normals.

they still exist in silver so just try to get on with it :)

My understanding is that the game has a reasonable number of Irish players but the community aspect is lacking. :(

Hopefully when this new MOBA forum starts we can get something going :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

-Vega- wrote: »
    Laviski wrote: »
    he didnt start playing until before toa came out :P

Shrouded Isles in 2003 brah!

Playboy wrote: »
    Shrouded Isles in 2003 brah!

you missed the good times. 2001 - SI release was where it was at :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

The community is pretty lively and active to be fair. It just so happens it does not reside here, it resides on Facebook.

As with most Irish communities who start on Facebook, I wouldn't expect them to transition to boards.ie. I enjoy a forum structure alot more then FAcebook, feel the lack of structure on Facebook in terms of writing a long post is horrendous, but considering Facebook is the new default, don't see people moving.

Arcadecon for example is the countries first big national event, is endorsed and being supported by Riot and has a serious lan setup for the finals, and there is two posts about it here, in a different forum :D

Tournaments are being setup pretty regularly , 1v1's, 5v5's, teams looking for players or scrims. But there will become a point where it's going to have to be one or the other.

And in saying that guys from the Facebook page have been planning out a dedicated league of legends website, so in fairness, that is probably going to trump all .

Welp Bronze II.

If you plan to play Ranked, and I suggest you do ( normals are ten times worse for trolls and ****ters then ranked) you need to read ALOT of material on how the ranked system works, and how to get yourself into a good mindset.

Already it looks like your blaming your position on other players. That attitude will make sure you stay there for a long long time :)

The ranked system, after a number of years experience, is pretty flawless imo. If your bad you will stay where you are, if your good and learning, you will see yourself rise.

Too many people blame their team and others for them being in bronze. Saying how they expect to be silver or gold. IMO if you expect to be higher, you will carry your team through it.

I had three losses last night and went on full tilt. I even snapped at my 5's team for something completely stupid. The reason was too fold

1) My teams were utter trash. And I mean utter trash, they fed so horrendously, it was painful.
    2) And this is the most annoying, I didn't feed myself enough to carry the game. I go into every game knowing I need to smash my lane assunder, then roam and smash others. I go into every game with the mindset that if I don't carry, we will loose.

So when to my suprise I get a team that is coherant and another member of the team carries, it's fine and I move on, normally with the win. If I loose a game however, I only look at what I could have done better, analyse my game and see where I fell down.

I feel like I should be higher, but realise I need to earn my place there. So I go into every game knowing I need to show I'm better. So when I lose a game or a lane, I'm essentially of the thinking that I lost to someone worse then me. And it allows me to be more self critical.

There is a world of knowledge out there in terms of ranked, but from Bronze - Gold, the main thing is your attitude, and you need to learn how to deal with ranked. I used to get upset over bad teams and play the blame game, I sat in Bronze from Season 1..... when really I should have been in gold alot sooner. Two season were wasted wallowing in my own tears, when I should have been firing through the leagues. It's only in the last while I learned how to deal with ranked and am now moving onward and upward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

It's typical league attitude that people think they belong in a higher league than they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,367 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So i just downloaded LOL, and i'm terrified to get going. I hate being labelled a Noob :P

Any good starting advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Vicxas wrote: »

We're all born noobs, being a sh*tter however...

So i just downloaded LOL, and i'm terrified to get going. I hate being labelled a Noob :P

Get in game and mute everyone, play the tutorials or some bot games just to get an idea what you're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TTBrofist

n1ck wrote: »
    Get in game and mute everyone, play the tutorials or some bot games just to get an idea what you're doing.

I wouldn't say mute everyone right away. There are some decent, helpful people in league that will try to give you advice.

Honestly I would recommend playing co-op vs ai until your comfortable with the game, if anyone gives you stick over nothing dont be afraid to mute them though

TTBrofist wrote: »
    I wouldn't say mute everyone right away. There are some decent, helpful people in league that will try to give you advice.

Honestly I would recommend playing co-op vs ai until your comfortable with the game, if anyone gives you stick over nothing dont be afraid to mute them though

The temptation just to abuse someone when they call you **** is too high :P My post was somewhat sarcastic, don't instantly mute people but do as Brofist said and mute them as they become annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

you missed the good times. 2001 - SI release was where it was at :)

Yeah... Would have been nice to experience pre Savage DAoC! SI was enjoyable though.. Pity about ToA though :-(

I pledged to the kick starter for DAoC 2! Can't believe it's in production!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I don't play ranked or any of that Vicxas, I play only for the lols :D ..so to speak.

I'll happily play against bots with you and show you the basics :)

my ID is SeanderMann

• Registered Users Posts: 15,367 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I don't play ranked or any of that Vicxas, I play only for the lols :D ..so to speak.

I'll happily play against bots with you and show you the basics :)

my ID is SeanderMann

Cool, cheers mate :)

n1ck wrote: »
    It's typical league attitude that people think they belong in a higher league than they do.

Dunno if that's directed at me, but that's definitely not the attitude I have. I know I can improve in the game but it just gets at me when I can't carry a game because of how horrendously bad some people play or just troll.

Dunno if that's directed at me, but that's definitely not the attitude I have. I know I can improve in the game but it just gets at me when I can't carry a game because of how horrendously bad some people play or just troll.

I don't think it was aimed at you, I think someone said they were silver but were a platinum level player a few pages ago so maybe it was aimed at them.
    Let's say you are getting a 50/50 win/loss right now. If you can carry in 1 game out of 10 then you will actually climb fast because you would be winning 6/10 of your games which is actually a good record.

I don't think it was aimed at you, I think someone said they were silver but were a platinum level player a few pages ago so maybe it was aimed at them.
    Let's say you are getting a 50/50 win/loss right now. If you can carry in 1 game out of 10 then you will actually climb fast because you would be winning 6/10 of your games which is actually a good record.

I think its based at 80% of the ranked playerbase tbh :)

At Silver 4, I already think I am too high ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Wow that CLG vs TSM game. Was razor close right through till the end. Was getting goosepimple all over mah body towards the end. Great stuff

Just had a game where I was accused of trolling and not ganking (despite me getting top and mid ahead early) and then said laners decided to ask everyone to report me.

Sigh.

• Advertisement

Just had a game where I was accused of trolling and not ganking (despite me getting top and mid ahead early) and then said laners decided to ask everyone to report me.

Sigh.

if things go wrong - blame the jungler, or the support.

dont worry about it. just take your ball and go home and come back another day :)

Advertisement