Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Just had a game where I was accused of trolling and not ganking (despite me getting top and mid ahead early) and then said laners decided to ask everyone to report me.

Sigh.

Sounds like you need some comic relief

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL14D6F262D0C3E48D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just had a game where I was accused of trolling and not ganking (despite me getting top and mid ahead early) and then said laners decided to ask everyone to report me.

Sigh.

Had that so much when I jungled.

Literally don't type anything back, people feel the need to defend themselves all the time. Just carry on, dont say a word.

Remember if you get hostile and vulgar, and it is genuinely reported, you will get banned. Where as if you dont type anything offensive, you wont :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭vex

I had a great one on Saturday night : I was playing lux as support in bot lane when mid pinged for help as the enemy top and jungler had started coming down mid. I moved to mid to help as the adc had killed 1 enemy at bot and caused the other to beam out allowing him to farm and push, I blind fired my ult up mid killing one of the attackers (just pure luck) .

Queue the amount of verbal abuse from our jungler who was standing near me at the tower at the time saying how he should have got the kill and calling me a noob blah blah blah and all should report me. he then started running and feeding on purpose , telling the enemy team where he was and not doing anything. Couldn't believe how childish the player was just 1 ks , i have had many people take my kills and i don't care as the objective is to destroy the enemy base and not look i have the most kills :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

tuxy wrote: »
    I don't think it was aimed at you, I think someone said they were silver but were a platinum level player a few pages ago so maybe it was aimed at them.
    Let's say you are getting a 50/50 win/loss right now. If you can carry in 1 game out of 10 then you will actually climb fast because you would be winning 6/10 of your games which is actually a good record.

It was a generalisation really. It really is typical attitude of people that they should be higher than they are but sometimes people do deserve to be higher and it is nearly impossible in some games due to the dribbling idiots you sometimes get paired with.

I feel like I could possibly be silver 1 and I don't think that is out of my league at all, i'm silver 3 at the moment and have gotten promo plenty of times but I play adc and there is only so much you can do versus some bruisers that have been fed by the dribblers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

TheDoc wrote: »
    Had that so much when I jungled.

Literally don't type anything back, people feel the need to defend themselves all the time. Just carry on, dont say a word.

Remember if you get hostile and vulgar, and it is genuinely reported, you will get banned. Where as if you dont type anything offensive, you wont :)

I know that's why I wasn't too worried about the reports in itself. It's just the people behind it that get to me. I'm losing, so it's someone else's fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Oh gawd. I'm going away on Sunday and Udyr's skin still hasn't released! I'm gonna miss the reduced price release promotion!! Help

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Oh gawd. I'm going away on Sunday and Udyr's skin still hasn't released! I'm gonna miss the reduced price release promotion!! Help

Sure, just leave us your login and password. Also if you haven't got rp, leave us your cc deets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

If you don't trust anyone with your login or credit card details you could get a friend to gift it to you and pay them back.

Been saying it for years, they need to have remote/web access to the store from anywhere.

It's an AIR client, one of the big benefits being that is essentially easily integrated and accessed into the web.

The LoL client, is essentially a ****ing website like, how they havnt got remote shop access is painful

• Registered Users Posts: 15,367 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ok so im currently waiting for a 5V5 with bots for the last 20 mins, im thinking i should bite the bullet and just hop in to PVP

Edit: Also, whats the best champion to start off with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Vicxas wrote: »
    Ok so im currently waiting for a 5V5 with bots for the last 20 mins, im thinking i should bite the bullet and just hop in to PVP

Edit: Also, whats the best champion to start off with?

its so hard to get 5 bots to join a game....

though if you havent gotten a game with bots after 20 mins, there's something wrong with your queue and you need to relog :)

as regards best champion ? whats the best champion you play against bots, cause that's what you should try and get in PvP :)

I've gone with Garen.

I love his spinning blade but he seems to get slapped an awful lot at the start. Maybe it's because I'm new to it I'm not using him correctly.

Ashe looks like a lot of fun to use. Might give her a bash.

Garen is actually all about early and mid game. Late game he falls off a little. He's easily counterable though and I lol when I see him firstpicked in games.

I was reading some starter guides on Garen to get the feel of him.

He seems to be a very good top character so I was playing him out of position for one.

I still need to figure out the shop and what to prioritise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Kold wrote: »
    Garen is actually all about early and mid game. Late game he falls off a little. He's easily counterable though and I lol when I see him firstpicked in games.

I'm not sure how this info is relevant to someone who's new to the game. He has yet to play vs other players players. Does it matter which champion he learns the game with?

Of course it's relevant. Learning how to use a champion is knowing when they're strong.

Garen is a good starter champion. Try starting with a dorans blade as it gives you hp and dmg whereas he has free regen with his passive. He is primarily a tank though so you want to be building health and resistances. Sunfire Cape Garen is practically an institution.

In other news. GOD I F**KING HATE JAYCE. F**K THAT CHAMPION AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T BAN HIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Zrabie

http://www.twitch.tv/qu1ksh0t

Stream for Dublin Arcadecon finals

Zrabie wrote: »
    http://www.twitch.tv/qu1ksh0t

Stream for Dublin Arcadecon finals

How'd they get qu1ksh0t to cast this? 0_o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Vicxas wrote: »
    I was reading some starter guides on Garen to get the feel of him.

He seems to be a very good top character so I was playing him out of position for one.

I still need to figure out the shop and what to prioritise.
    Garen is a great champ to know.

I usually start with his Q for quick engage and disengages. The max his spin (forget with key). Alot of the time players underestimate the damage it does. So a nice Q+Spin can leave them running in terror. Best thing to get is armor pen and crits.

I usually build Black clever+Infinity Edge+Sunfire Cape at the core. You'd wreck most champs with that 1v1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

One of my mates wants me to start playing this. Any ideas on where to get some pointers on where to begin with it all? Never played a game like this before. Not really sure what to do.

• Advertisement

Don't get IE on Garen, you don't really use the crit unique too much, you're better off with a Last Whisper after tanky items are bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

IE is pretty standard on garen from what i've seen, whats his crit chance on a typical build ?

Magill wrote: »
    How does he not use the unique that much ? :s IE is pretty standard on garen from what i've seen.

Garen doesn't do his damage with auto-attacks and building him pure glass is not a good idea generally.

Seifer wrote: »
    Garen doesn't do his damage with auto-attacks and building him pure glass is not a good idea generally.

Who said anything about building him glass ? Doesn't his spin crit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

One of my mates wants me to start playing this. Any ideas on where to get some pointers on where to begin with it all? Never played a game like this before. Not really sure what to do.

the tutorials when you start the game are great for getting an idea of whats going on :) - give those a whirl and them come back to us :)

Magill wrote: »
    Who said anything about building him glass ? Doesn't his spin crit ?

The bonus AD ratio on it does.

The build describing "Black clever+Infinity Edge+Sunfire Cape" as core was more what I was replying to when I was saying not to build him glass. Late game sure you might get it as your last item if you need the damage.

I don't play Garen but a quick scan of the popular guide sites would confirm that I.E. wouldn't be considered core:

http://www.lolpro.com/guides/garen/93-garen-guide-top-lane-by-doublelift

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=43750-marinerevenge-garen-build-guide

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/m-ffys-guide-to-dominating-with-garen-300123

How'd they get qu1ksh0t to cast this? 0_o

Riot were epic for this event. They were really supportive and showed they care about the amateur scene as much as the pro scene. The panels and presentations they had an the event were insightful and interesting.

I was playing in the final, we got shipped to the Riot HQ offices to play the game, and quickshot was there to cast the games live. He was at the event all weekend.

Seriously cool fella, really approachable and was complimentary of our play, aswell as giving some pointers, he got in for loads of photos, signed **** the works, top fella.

There was an excellent presentation on Satuday with the guy who designs kits for champions, made the likes of Thresh and Darius kits. He was in our Taxi back from the match complimenting our support on his Thresh play asking his feedback and stuff :D

Was a top weekend

Gotz all t3h cod3z

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

If I was back in Dublin I would've totally gone. Oh well :(

What kind of codes did you get Doc? And did ye win?

The bonus AD ratio on it does.

The build describing "Black clever+Infinity Edge+Sunfire Cape" as core was more what I was replying to when I was saying not to build him glass. Late game sure you might get it as your last item if you need the damage.

I don't play Garen but a quick scan of the popular guide sites would confirm that I.E. wouldn't be considered core:

http://www.lolpro.com/guides/garen/93-garen-guide-top-lane-by-doublelift

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=43750-marinerevenge-garen-build-guide

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/m-ffys-guide-to-dominating-with-garen-300123

I guess it just depends what level your playing at. When your not even playing ranked i'd imagine IE is probably a good 3rd/4th item since most of the players your going up against will probably just stand there in your spin ! and probably won't be stacking armor anyway so LW is probably useless, not to mention everyone stacking up in teamfights etc.

I've never really played him either tho, just noticed a lot of IE's when i come up against/with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

If I was back in Dublin I would've totally gone. Oh well :(

What kind of codes did you get Doc? And did ye win?

We got all the Riot skin codes. Unfortunately we lost but we've nothing to be ashamed of, average league rating for our team rating is silver 3 i'd say with 2 gold 5, 1 silver 3, 1 silver 5 and one bronze 3.

Their team had a diamond 1 adc playing against our bronze 3 adc who was actually beating him in cs and in lane so we're pretty happy with how we played but some bad decisions cost us the game.

Advertisement