Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Was the other team Irish btw ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,367 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

They were called Eircom SK werent they? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Vicxas wrote: »
    They were called Eircom SK werent they? :)

SK ? any relation to the Swedish gaming clan that dominated Counter-Strike and other games for years ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

SK ? any relation to the Swedish gaming clan that dominated Counter-Strike and other games for years ?

The real SK has a presence near the top of EU LoL. These Irish guys were making a joke and have no relation to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

n1ck wrote: »
    We got all the Riot skin codes. Unfortunately we lost but we've nothing to be ashamed of, average league rating for our team rating is silver 3 i'd say with 2 gold 5, 1 silver 3, 1 silver 5 and one bronze 3.

Their team had a diamond 1 adc playing against our bronze 3 adc who was actually beating him in cs and in lane so we're pretty happy with how we played but some bad decisions cost us the game.

Fair play to yas anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

SK are german and i think the name maybe a bit of a parody of the SK telecom teams in korea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

NTMK wrote: »
    SK are german and i think the name maybe a bit of a parody of the SK telecom teams in korea

The name is a parody of SK Telecom alright. Their team was the organiser of the competition and some mates, along with a diamond 1 adc who plays for another team. :P (excuses coming out!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

n1ck wrote: »
    The name is a parody of SK Telecom alright. Their team was the organiser of the competition and some mates, along with a diamond 1 adc who plays for another team. :P (excuses coming out!)

if your going to make excuses always remember to put the biggest reason in bold :p

but fair play,hard luck that ye came up against an D1 adc esp when you are all silver/gold adc but second place is a great finish

NTMK wrote: »
    if your going to make excuses always remember to put the biggest reason in bold :p

but fair play,hard luck that ye came up against an D1 adc esp when you are all silver/gold adc but second place is a great finish

Haha, thanks for that, appreciate it.

We are gonna keep playing and I am moving to ADC(my main position) and our ADC is gonna move to jungle(his old position) so we will see how we get on.

One of my mates wants me to start playing this. Any ideas on where to get some pointers on where to begin with it all? Never played a game like this before. Not really sure what to do.

Im only starting too so we can learn together if you like :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I'm raging that the Irish scene really looks to have taken off whilst I'm away. Reached gold 1 this week, think I can get Platinum by Wednesday or Thursday.

Would be cool to have a team though, it's hard enough finding fellow English speakers. Most of the time when I say anything in English I get told "F*ck off dog".

My little break seems to have coincided with this explosion of interest too. Need to bring my solo queue play back up to scratch but I too would be interested in joining a team for ranked 5's and any potential future Irish tourneys.
    The new MOBA forum should make it easier to form teams instead of our one mega thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well the Arcadecon tournament has been running for a good while at this stage, as I said in a previous page, most of the LoL community are on facebook, and its where these tournaments are being organised. I notice nothing moves to here, singups etc are being done through there.

nomcom is next event, again with a LAN final and it kicks off this week, singups are closed.

We have a really tough first round match, that will be a tall order, but if we get through, really good chance at winning overall :)

As Nick says we are going to try a lane swap, and I think the event definitly gave everyone a serious injection of LoL and that if we keep up the current schedules we have, we could really be a prominant team nationwide :)

Where is that being held?

Just played a 50 minute game with Soraka (1/6/22) that we managed to win but good god I lost all taste to play today. I will repeat my claim that she is AWFUL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Seifer wrote: »
    The bonus AD ratio on it does.

The build describing "Black clever+Infinity Edge+Sunfire Cape" as core was more what I was replying to when I was saying not to build him glass. Late game sure you might get it as your last item if you need the damage.

I don't play Garen but a quick scan of the popular guide sites would confirm that I.E. wouldn't be considered core:

http://www.lolpro.com/guides/garen/93-garen-guide-top-lane-by-doublelift

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=43750-marinerevenge-garen-build-guide

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/m-ffys-guide-to-dominating-with-garen-300123
    Its worked for me in a few silver games. Nothing i could do to stop the other lanes throwing it mind you.

Add Atmas + Warmogs (Or Aegis if they have strong AP and no one takes it). Doing serious crits at this stage. I try be on the carries not the tanks. I wouldn't take last whisper as black cleaver shreds the armor anyway. If you want to peel and protect the carries, LW is the way to go.

Its how i play him anyway.

You'll learn that you can never have too much armour pen. Leave the 4k item to the adc and get yourself able to tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yay Mecha Kha'Zix goes on sale tomorrow! :D

I swapped from Garen to Akali last night. My god she's an absolute monster :)

Since it appears alot of guys here have no idea about the Facebook page, might as well share the love here.

Singups for this event are closed and brackets have been finalised.

Brackets
    http://challonge.com/NomConLoL

Streaming and Shoutcast
    http://www.twitch.tv/mscupcakes

Thoughts?

We are playing Fluke, which is a serious match. They have the Diamond ADC we faced in Arcadecon, and some other prominant players. A bit **** there was no seeding and two of the big teams are facing each other first round. But it gives a good chance for others to get a good run, and hopefully we see another emerging team.

I'd say the winners of that bracket H will probably take the whole thing. Psyonic EMP have a decent shout as well. Although you never know. The community in terms of competition is still in it's infancy, alot of teams are banding together for tournaments and then disbanding after, so you don't know what sort of skill level or dark horses will be in the mix.

The matches look to be taking place over Friday, Saturday and Sunday starting this week. Twitch records all broadcasts so there will be some opportunity for watching the VOds etc.

• Advertisement

Its in Dublin too, sweet :)

TheDoc wrote: »
    Since it appears alot of guys here have no idea about the Facebook page, might as well share the love here.

Cheers for the info. TheDoc! It would be cool if you could let us know of the next tourney sign-ups that are announced.

On another note; I was playing a ranked game last night as Rammus jungle on purple team. Started blue and then headed to my red. About half-way through I notice Fiddle's debuff on me and ping my red and and powerball up into the bush where he's obviously standing. I continue to ping and chase him all the way across river using powerball and taunt as he fears and silences me. He even blew his flash.
    Did my mid lane move to take this easy first blood? Of course not. But theirs did once the chase got onto their side of the river.

<3 solo Q

Seifer wrote: »
    On another note; I was playing a ranked game last night as Rammus jungle on purple team. Started blue and then headed to my red. About half-way through I notice Fiddle's debuff on me and ping my red and and powerball up into the bush where he's obviously standing. I continue to ping and chase him all the way across river using powerball and taunt as he fears and silences me. He even blew his flash.
    Did my mid lane move to take this easy first blood? Of course not. But theirs did once the chase got onto their side of the river.

<3 solo Q

On the flipside to this

You could have noticed your mid not coming to assist, and you could have decided to stop the chase, and return to your jungle path. If you'd chased the fiddle, or done damage, likely hood is he might have fallen a little behind you.

Point I'm making is I find it's good practice and preperation for solo queue, that when I notice something **** or bad on my team, that affects me, ask what I could have done better.

You engaged and chased a Fiddle, assuming your mid would come to collapse and get the kill. This didn't happen and you died.

The improvement for the future you take form this is
    When I'm chasing this scenario again, at the point in river I'll check if my mid is assisting, if not I'll pass on the kill and return to jungle

Remember on the flipside your mid might have seen you chase the Fiddle away and being surprised to see you chase in deep, considering Rammus is a relatively low dmg output champ :)

Just a comment on the situation, I've done it myself a thousand times, gone balls deep expecting people to come with me, and it doesn't happen. Actually happened last night in one of my games. But as much as the Udyr jungle on my team was muck, I realised that he probably doesn't realise as a Trynd in my build state, I have massive HP regen and with ult popped can take a tower comfortably to get the double kill.

On the flipside to this

You could have noticed your mid not coming to assist, and you could have decided to stop the chase, and return to your jungle path. If you'd chased the fiddle, or done damage, likely hood is he might have fallen a little behind you.

Point I'm making is I find it's good practice and preperation for solo queue, that when I notice something **** or bad on my team, that affects me, ask what I could have done better.

You engaged and chased a Fiddle, assuming your mid would come to collapse and get the kill. This didn't happen and you died.

The improvement for the future you take form this is

Remember on the flipside your mid might have seen you chase the Fiddle away and being surprised to see you chase in deep, considering Rammus is a relatively low dmg output champ :)

Just a comment on the situation, I've done it myself a thousand times, gone balls deep expecting people to come with me, and it doesn't happen. Actually happened last night in one of my games. But as much as the Udyr jungle on my team was muck, I realised that he probably doesn't realise as a Trynd in my build state, I have massive HP regen and with ult popped can take a tower comfortably to get the double kill.

You're right of course. I was just chuffed I noticed the Fiddle debuff and wanted to get something out of it.
    While I definitely chased too far I didn't exactly go balls deep either; I was killed in the first brush on blue side's mid.
    This was more of a venting exercise :D

Just giving you guys a heads up but people have been getting hacked by clicking links sent to them in game from their friends list saying go here and vote or something to that extent.

Do not click any links being sent to you!

Just a heads up

Links ending with -vote.yzi.me are going around, asking for login details to vote for some ****. Obviously don't do it, it's a phish and accounts get taken away.

The amount of people who have fell for this on the irish facebook page makes me want to vomit

Just a heads up

Links ending with -vote.yzi.me are going around, asking for login details to vote for some ****. Obviously don't do it, it's a phish and accounts get taken away.

The amount of people who have fell for this on the irish facebook page makes me want to vomit

Ha! Gmail flagged the boards.ie mail notifying me about this post. Oh Google, you're so clever :)

So the free champions get rotated weekly am i right? If so can anyone tell me in Akali is still free? I was kinda getting used to her :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Vicxas wrote: »
    So the free champions get rotated weekly am i right? If so can anyone tell me in Akali is still free? I was kinda getting used to her :(

Afraid not. Katarina is good too for melee assasinations.

Advertisement