Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

It starts to bottleneck as you get closer to actual promotion from a tier. To ensure that you can infact keep winning and won't be put out of your depth.

Same thing happended when I went from Bronze to Silver, it's how the system works. It ensures you didnt hit a fluke of wins and then throw you into a tier you cant handle

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Kold wrote: »
    262100.jpg

Anyone wanna explain this sh1t? Last game I got 15lp, the win before I got 25. Why so stingey?

^^

Thinly veiled brag about being almost diamond ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

^^

Thinly veiled brag about being almost diamond ;)

Oh the brag will come when I get there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Wait until your losing 20 and gaining 1, then the fun starts.

262298.jpg

Mixed bag of ranked today but I carried myself to promotion today. Gonna wait til I find someone to duo with as I reeeeeally want to decrease my chances of droolers and finally get fecking Plat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,367 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Watched CLG vs CRS. Goes to show I've so much learning ahead of me to do lol

969901_10153012314360103_514301305_n.jpg

Gonna be a slog til diamond now. My lp gains have been decreasing dramatically.

Just in case anyone is wondering, people still troll in Platinum. The thing that drives me mental is when lastpick doesn't get what they want so troll pick, then usually someone else will take the hit and quit out but then the f*cker is right there in your next lobby.

So he went support Mundo as I jungled Cho. Every lane was warded to sh1t and botlane was getting dumped on so I did what you can do with Cho, just farm and farm and at toplane I managed to get a triple kill. Botlane just moaned and moaned about my lack of ganks so when I replied in English, EVERYONE just turned on me. Holy f*ck.

Just in case anyone is wondering, people still troll in Platinum. The thing that drives me mental is when lastpick doesn't get what they want so troll pick, then usually someone else will take the hit and quit out but then the f*cker is right there in your next lobby.

So he went support Mundo as I jungled Cho. Every lane was warded to sh1t and botlane was getting dumped on so I did what you can do with Cho, just farm and farm and at toplane I managed to get a triple kill. Botlane just moaned and moaned about my lack of ganks so when I replied in English, EVERYONE just turned on me. Holy f*ck.
    Best thing to do there is when someone leaves the lobby, cancel the matchmaking and hit play again.

It resets and you should be put with totally different players, albeit taking longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I played my first ranked game in 3 weeks

I had my q nice and stacked and was also able to tank loads in team fights and peel for the carrys.
    My ganks during the laning phase worked well.

I just could not managed to get my team to farm and level up so we had no damage :(

• Advertisement

I love playing nasus, we got off to a great start, invaded and took blue + a kill. Then I went both and got a successful gank. When I went to farm the jungle for a bit all lanes fed. Perhaps I should have left our buffs alone and just stayed in lane.

Tuxy if your on tonight up for a game?

>SkiBoy

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Tuxy if your on tonight up for a game?

Hey, did you add me already? Someone on here added me ages ago and I never got around to playing a game with them.
    I'm in shared accommodation right now and the internet is a bit dodgy so it's difficult to say when I will be playing.

Lock them in the bathroom and tell them you must practice carrying with your Q and farming as an ancient dog.

They'll understand.

Is Trundle good yet? I remember hearing that he was gonna be good at some point..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Is Trundle good yet? I remember hearing that he was gonna be good at some point..

I have always liked him in the jungle; pillar ganks are OP. Have seen a few go top in the last few weeks and they have done ok but I don't think he brings as much to team fights as other top laners.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Sycopat

Posting for people who don't check Dota thread: The new board is up! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1600

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Havn't played this in a few weeks due to a spate of annoying team mates. Must get back on this week.

I'm assuming there are still a lot of annoying starstarstaratars playing?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Sycopat

keelanj69 wrote: »
    Havn't played this in a few weeks due to a spate of annoying team mates. Must get back on this week.

I'm assuming there are still a lot of annoying starstarstaratars playing?

They are always there, best to play with friends and/or learn to tune them out.

If you are who I have every reason to suspect you are* add me on Sycopat. I haven't played that account in a while, but should be switching back to it tonight.

And sure add me if you're not who I suspect you are. I'm quiet and easygoing in game at least.

*that sounds incredibly creepy. I'm not sure wether me being 99.999% sure due to the power of internet stalking makes it more or less creepy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Sycopat wrote: »
    They are always there, best to play with friends and/or learn to tune them out.

If you are who I have every reason to suspect you are* add me on Sycopat. I haven't played that account in a while, but should be switching back to it tonight.

And sure add me if you're not who I suspect you are. I'm quiet and easygoing in game at least.

*that sounds incredibly creepy. I'm not sure wether me being 99.999% sure due to the power of internet stalking makes it more or less creepy though.

I am who you think I am. I'm KCC69 in LoL.
    I'll be on later on, all going well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Just finished my solo ranked provisional games. Won 7, Lost 3. Dropped into Silver 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DarkBar0n

Hi i play LoL long time..now i loooking for some Team...Anybody can help me where i can find any team in Ireland?Thank you

Six loss streak; feels good man.
    Also I hate this game and the people that play it.

Just bought Bear Cavalry Sejuani.... How the hell do I play this chick?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Last night got into my 9th Promotion series for this division, FML

And that is in the last 10 days, 8 failed promotions, can feel lucky number 9!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 vinnyg

Seifer wrote: »
    Six loss streak; feels good man.
    Also I hate this game and the people that play it.

I hear you. While i love this game i very rarely play unless one or two people i know are up for a game. The lol community can be so frustrating, the whole ribbon reward scheme for good team play etc was a feeble effort from riot to sort this problem it worked for like week then nobody cared about ribbons. Can anyone see a solution for this? I know there will always be trolls in any online game but this game is on a different level from anything i've experienced.

vinnyg wrote: »
    I hear you. While i love this game i very rarely play unless one or two people i know are up for a game. The lol community can be so frustrating, the whole ribbon reward scheme for good team play etc was a feeble effort from riot to sort this problem it worked for like week then nobody cared about ribbons. Can anyone see a solution for this? I know there will always be trolls in any online game but this game is on a different level from anything i've experienced.
    To be fair to Riot, as someone who has played since beta the tribunal has done a lot of good things. I very rarely, if ever, run into actual trolls i.e. people deliberately trying to lose the game for the team, anymore.
    What I do run into a lot are people doing things in a game that I perceive to be obviously very stupid. And these stupid things cause you to lose games so it feels like you're being trolled even if there was no malice intended. There isn't really anyway to fix that because one team always has to lose and it's usually going to come from someone making a mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

Seifer wrote: »
    To be fair to Riot, as someone who has played since beta the tribunal has done a lot of good things. I very rarely, if ever, run into actual trolls i.e. people deliberately trying to lose the game for the team, anymore.
    What you I do run into a lot are people doing things in a game that I perceive to be obviously very stupid. And these stupid things cause you to lose games so it feels like you're being trolled even if there was no malice intended. There isn't really anyway to fix that because one team always has to lose and it's usually going to come from someone making a mistake.

I agree, you cant blame people for messing up, i havent been deliberately trolled in months.

Also for every caitlyn that dies in the first 5 minutes i get some hypercarry ryze that goes 20/0 in 30minutes, you gotta take the good with the bad.

Advertisement