Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

i play a fair bit with a few friends of mine and hench how i got from b3 up to b2 promo but they went on while i was on holidays and got to gold and platinum without me :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

n1ck wrote: »
    Because if you were that person playing in silver with a person that is meant to be in bronze you'd have some ****ter in your game, and it's really annoying when that happens.

Not quite sure what you mean by that...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Splinter wrote: »
    Not quite sure what you mean by that...

If for instance someone belongs in bronze, but they got boosted to silver. They will be out of their league and feed, annoying everyone on their team. Boosting is banned for a reason and it's to prevent stuff like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Boosting is banned?
    What's the difference between boosting and playing duo with a friend that's higher skill than yourself?

tuxy wrote: »
    Boosting is banned?
    What's the difference between boosting and playing duo with a friend that's higher skill than yourself?

I'm referring to what was said previously. Its irritating as **** playing with someone who shouldn't be in the division they are because they got boosted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

But sure how would you know whether they got boosted or not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Boosting is banned?
    Boosting is actually giving your account details to some one so they play the games for you.
    Trying to duo someone much worse than you up rarely works as the lower elo duo partner will be out of their depth due to the matchmaking trying to create fair teams. It only really works if you know the lower person should be higher e.g. elo decay.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I'm going to some kind of SEA qualifiers tomorrow. The whole event will be in Viet and I won't understand sh1t. Should get some skins and sh1t though. Watched one game and they pld a Nami Zyra (ad) botlane that worked so awesomely. Aatrox mid too.

Seifer wrote: »
    Boosting is actually giving your account details to some one so they play the games for you.
    Trying to duo someone much worse than you up rarely works as the lower elo duo partner will be out of their depth due to the matchmaking trying to create fair teams. It only really works if you know the lower person should be higher e.g. elo decay.

If you're playing with someone with a brain you can guide them and you just abuse the fact that mmr is generally matched so people are gonna be much lower than you and you should be able to stomp you. It works and has done many times, hence a lot of pro players were banned for it. Riot even stated its boosting.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=35742767

Thanks, now don't talk unless you have facts, which I do. It's boosting.

You deleted your post but you don't know if someone is boosted. But what exactly is the point of boosting? So you can pretend in your head you're better than you actually are? It's pointless. Who cares if you're bronze, that's where you belong and if you want to get out of it you need to improve. If you can't get out of it then you deserve to be there and shouldn't need someone else to boost you.

It's typical League mentality that people THINK they belong in a higher league than they are but it's always down to ****ters in their team that are the reason they are stuck there.

• Advertisement

Lol, that Facebook group is such a train wreck. It's odd that people without the protection of anonymity are actually acting like bigger dicks then you'd ever see here. Just shows that kids shouldn't be allowed on Facebook without supervision :P

The Facebook page has little to no moderation and people there can post willy nilly without fear of backlash where there are actually mods here with a charter set out.

I post there and I'm usually involved because people take offense to how I post. Liam Liam Liamm posts here under the name Kold and is a really decent poster, he contributes a fair bit but people just get butt hurt because they think he's being serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭F9Devil

I was in the facebook group but had to block it because of one guy who (I think runs) gaelic gaming spamming link after link.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I had my fun and that's all that matters.

If you're playing with someone with a brain you can guide them and you just abuse the fact that mmr is generally matched so people are gonna be much lower than you and you should be able to stomp you. It works and has done many times, hence a lot of pro players were banned for it. Riot even stated its boosting.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=35742767

So according to the riot employee on that post it's only boosting if a higher skilled player is logged into a lower skilled players account?
    Playing duo with your own account is never considered boosting regardless of skill level.
    Definition of Elo-Boosting:
    “Elo-boosting” is the repetitive and intentional act of an individual playing on someone else’s account (a “client”) for the purpose of artificially improving the client’s Elo rating. There is no minimum number of games required to be played, nor a minimum amount of Elo gain necessary to qualify as Elo-boosting. An attempt to boost Elo need not be successful in order to qualify as a rule violation.

The following also constitutes Elo-boosting:
    Playing on a less-skilled player’s account while the less-skilled player accompanies you in duo-queue games.

The following does not constitute Elo-boosting:
    Permanently transferring a high-Elo account to a less-skilled player. This is illegal, but it’s in the nature of account-sharing and/or account-selling, not account-boosting.

I guess that's the confusion cleared up

Playing on a less-skilled player’s account while the less-skilled player accompanies you in duo-queue games.

Read the bold(i know it says playing on a less skilled players account), but in my opinion anyone duoing with someone at least a league above constitutes boosting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Read the bold, in my opinion anyone duoing with someone at least a league above constitutes boosting.

That still requires the booster to be playing on the less-skilled player's account though if you read the full thing. Two players of different skill levels playing together on their own accounts is not boosting, and is completely allowed.

Read the bold.

Yes but it still requires the more skillful player to be logged into and playing on an account that does not belong to them.
    The only point there is it's not ok to use someone elses account even if they duo with you on a smurf while you are using their account.

Once both players own the account they are using it's not considered boosting even if the players are of vastly different skill levels.

Read the bold(i know it says playing on a less skilled players account), but in my opinion anyone duoing with someone at least a league above constitutes boosting.

That's fine if you consider it boosting but Riot does not consider it so.

Many well know streamers openly admit to being carried in duo queue with out any fear of riot punishing them.

The only thing I am now confused by is what you mean by this?

An opinion can hardly be considered fact, I can only guess that you knew the poster you are a good friend of the poster you were replying to and it was some kind of in joke.

I see your point. I think it was just the post where Ricky posted saying you think some higher elo would help you out annoyed me. I HATE when I get into a game and you've checked lolnexus and the person that is bot pick is absolutely horse **** because they are being carried. It happens all the time and there is nothing more frustrating than it.

I've had many games where I've had for example a Plat 4 adc and a Bronze 1 support, and the bronze 1 support is literally useless and does nothing but die and with the changes to gold he is still worth something(not much but enough). It's frustrating beyond belief to have someone like that in your game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 crakage

Hi Guys, I'm new in Ireland, and new in this forum, I play LoL and will receive my Desktop computer next week, I didn't play for two month, the time to find a job, an house ect.

Now I'm ready if you want have fun, in ranked, normal or ARAM

My account CrAkqGe

Hope to see you online

An opinion can hardly be considered fact, I can only guess that you knew the poster you are a good friend of the poster you were replying to and it was some kind of in joke.
    He doesn't and he isn't.

On a more interesting note: Patch Notes

Zac and Yi nerfs expected and welcomed.
    Shen got raped though. So much easier to cancel his ult now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

He doesn't and he isn't.

On a more interesting note: Patch Notes

Zac and Yi nerfs expected and welcomed.
    Shen got raped though. So much easier to cancel his ult now.
    Any Shen worth his salt would know not to ult in sight of the enemy.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Any Shen worth his salt would know not to ult in sight of the enemy.
    Ulting in sight of an enemy didn't matter if they had no way to stop it. Now a lot more champs can stop it. The W nerf is gonna make laning a lot tougher against strong harassers too.
    It's definitely a nerf for the LCS. Although I see him banned a fair bit, when one sneaks through he rarely has a strong effect on the game. I think he's a champ that gets a hell of a lot better when used in a coordinated team.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

It's a targetted nerf for competitive. Late game he is a monster that alot of people cannot engage 1v1, and as a front line he is too strong. This scales him back slighty. Normally late game Shen doesn't take dmg due to his shield being SO strong.Proper shield management and as someone said ulting out of site, is fine. Shen will be grand for solo q still, but will be that bit less attractive in comp play due to easier interupts. Then again, your assuming that a top laner will carry the kit to actually interupt it.

What top laners, in normal play, have an interupt to Shen's ult? Not alot to be fair.

As a Shen player myself, I have a massive advantage in that I know how to manage the shield properly, alot of people at my ELO don't, and to be honest don't understand champion matchups.

I'd say Shen will stay fine for soloq, but possibly will make less of an appearance in LCS. If I'm honest, I still think he is a quality champion and wouldn't be suprised to see people persist with him. play really.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Ulting in sight of an enemy didn't matter if they had no way to stop it. Now a lot more champs can stop it. The W nerf is gonna make laning a lot tougher against strong harassers too.
    It's definitely a nerf for the LCS. Although I see him banned a fair bit, when one sneaks through he rarely has a strong effect on the game. I think he's a champ that gets a hell of a lot better when used in a coordinated team.

This is true, alot of people use his ult for the defensive capacity on a teamate. However the benefit is really using it as an engage. You can start an engage with it, or turn a fight from being disengage, to strong engage.

Shen ult into 5man taunt is gg more often then not, unfortunately in solo queue difficult to pull off. But Shen himself is a strong character who has the potential to get strong really fast, and he has serious farm and split push potential. Mid-game he hits hard, while being relatively tanky.

Having a tanky top makes a world of difference when it comes to teamfights, and there aint much better then Shen

TheDoc wrote: »
    What top laners, in normal play, have an interupt to Shen's ult? Not alot to be fair.
    Quite a few, off the top of my head:
    Riven
    Renekton
    Irelia
    Lee Sin
    Darius
    Garen
    Cho
    Udyr
    Zac
    Xin
    Aatrox
    Elise
    Jax
    Jayce
    Kennen
    Malphite
    Singed

There are more but the above are all fairly common in top lane. Now that snares will interrupt I only see Ryze and Rengar as being fairly common top lane additions to the list.

It doesn't really matter who you lane against, they're taking the tower no matter what. I usually just farm, ult bot, tele back, farm again and repeat. Them taking the tower doesn't change much. Where ever my team is I'll be the opposite side of the map.

How much did they hit the shield for? Will jungle Shen suffer more?

Taylor365 wrote: »
    How much did they hit the shield for? Will jungle Shen suffer more?
    Shield amount reduced to 60/100/140/180/220 (from 70/115/160/205/250)

I don't see it affecting his jungle but jungle Shen hasn't really been great this season. He's very slow and it's tough to transition into the split push role without the gold you get from a solo lane.

• Advertisement

Shield amount reduced to 60/100/140/180/220 (from 70/115/160/205/250)

I don't see it affecting his jungle but jungle Shen hasn't really been great this season. He's very slow and it's tough to transition into the split push role without the gold you get from a solo lane.
    Hence the more, he already suffers a hell of a lot. I'd rather go Shen support than jungle Shen!

Advertisement