Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Massive urge to pick up that Lucian bundle besides the fact that i have never paid full RP price for a champ and that ADC is my least played role. The only thing stopping me from buying is the fact that sometimes the muzzle flash seems to be abit to far from the actual gun. Small thing but its annoying the hell out of me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Dont forget Mantheon. Im hoping the shield nerfs mean my Qs do a BIT of dmg now.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭F9Devil

Never been around for a brand new champion coming out, so indulged in the bundle

aaaaaaaand Lucians permabanned

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

F9Devil wrote: »
    Never been around for a brand new champion coming out, so indulged in the bundle

aaaaaaaand Lucians permabanned

For good reason

The reason new champs get insta banned is to stop allies picking them, and feeding.

A lucian got through bans yesterday and got picked, thankfully he carried hard. But the general rule of thumb is take a new champ into ranked first week, will be a feeder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

TheDoc wrote: »
    For good reason

The reason new champs get insta banned is to stop allies picking them, and feeding.

A lucian got through bans yesterday and got picked, thankfully he carried hard. But the general rule of thumb is take a new champ into ranked first week, will be a feeder.

Ranked yesterday, duo trolls as per usual. I was 4th pick and the duo 5th pick insta locks Lucian.
    My support Zyra was too good to let him throw though :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

That SK T1 vs MVP Ozone game was insane to watch, great games!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Found this on gamefaqs earlier. This is probably the funniest LoL video i have seen yet. My **** broke all over the place

Season 3 rewards announced: http://beta.na.leagueoflegends.com/node/4709
    Pretty much the same as last year with the addition of a ward skin for silver and above. And also an invitation badge for gold and above.
    If the hints in the announcement are anything to go by it sounds like the skin will be for Elise.

The image is called Elise-victorious... so i presume its Elise :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Does anyone know when this season ends?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Not motivated to get Diamond anymore. That and I'm doing 12 hr days atm.

tuxy wrote: »
    Does anyone know when this season ends?

I heard 31st October but don't take my word on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Trying to make plat before then but getting out of Gold II is proving quite difficult.

I've seen better players in silver tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Season 3 preliminary rewards are out, basically you want to get gold if you want to get anything decent, I have some work to do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'm in Korea atm teaching. When some of my students see that I have LOL on my PC or when I mention it they go mental !!!
    Teacher teacher teacher...LOL...who do you play etc etc !!

I only play for fun though. But some of them are in Diamond/Challenger league apparently.
    All they seem to care about over here

I think that's awesome :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

FYI the Koreans are playing now for 3rd/4th place in the Korean league

http://www.twitch.tv/ongamenet

Final is on the 31st

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I'm in Korea atm teaching. When some of my students see that I have LOL on my PC or when I mention it they go mental !!!
    Teacher teacher teacher...LOL...who do you play etc etc !!

I only play for fun though. But some of them are in Diamond/Challenger league apparently.
    All they seem to care about over here

ha, must be the coolest teacher in the school to them :D

Plat :D

Courtesy of my 19:6 W:L Malzahar!

269463.png

Nice, doing my placement games now. 2/2 so far, had to carry as support once ! Never really play support but dem flash/ulti janna plays are nice when you pull them off !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I play support a lot ( Usually nunu/Janna/Blitz ) but how does/can a support carry the game ? If everyone else is derping, surely it's nigh on impossible for the support to carry seeing as they will have been buying support items ( Aegis/sightstone/philo stone/MOAR WARDS/etc) instead of AP/AD items.....

I play support a lot ( Usually nunu/Janna/Blitz ) but how does/can a support carry the game ? If everyone else is derping, surely it's nigh on impossible for the support to carry seeing as they will have been buying support items ( Aegis/sightstone/philo stone/MOAR WARDS/etc) instead of AP/AD items.....
    You answered your own question ;)
    You don't carry by doing damage, you do it with vision. If you provide good map vision your team is a lot less likely to give away stupid kills through bad positioning and facechecks. This also allows you to do things like take dragon as soon as their jungle shows top if you have it pinked. Keep the timers so you can warn your team a minute before to be ready.
    Get oracles and take away the enemy's vision to create more opportunities for picks.
    And of course in lane and team fights you try and keep your carries from dying no matter how bad they want it.

Saying all that, in my opinion it's not worth trying to carry as support until at least gold as you really are tossing the dice on whether your ADC can actually play; there are people that do it though.

hah, i didn't mean as in actually carrying. I guess the support is a bit of a thankless role tho, I know i never really look at the scoreboard after a game and think... damn.. that support was awesome (I don't play ADC much either mind) but the few games i've played lately made me realise how much of an impact they can have on a game. The vision, clutch ultimate's and ultility you can bring to the table is pretty insane. Hell even the damage and zoning ability you can put out with someone like sona/thresh/zyra is incredible early game.. probably only because i'm mostly playing against far weaker players but still.

269591.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Good Leona play is great for carrying. Leona can be fantastic for complete CC and I find her very tanky with very little items needed, not many people know how to play against her and very fun to break the enemies heart with stuns!

Magill wrote: »

269591.jpg

Yeah I get the same first 3 items as you have pretty much all the time and then the last 3 slots are taken up with wards (green/pink) and Oracles.

Just get sick of playing with teams where we have the game pretty much won(an inhib taken down), I have all their jungle warded and they suddenly think its time to focus the Garen/Malphite instead of the other inhibs and ignore the adc until he's shot you to death because nobody gives a sh!t about him accept the support(me) whò's dropping slows,ults,exhausts on him while my team focuses the garen. And that keeps happening...

And I'm not trying to say I'm pro. I do dumb stuff too (a lot) but I'd pretty much only do it once in a game. The rest of my team repeats the same stupid trick over and over again until the enemy adc is fed and its game over

Splinter wrote: »
    Good Leona play is great for carrying. Leona can be fantastic for complete CC and I find her very tanky with very little items needed, not many people know how to play against her and very fun to break the enemies heart with stuns!

Just started using Leona too, shes a lot of fun!

Nunu in my opinion is long gone from support days, there are just too many other supports that have more benefits than him, he's a jungler now! I'd stick with Sona/Janna/Thresh/Nami and Leona, unless you play vs a skilled fiddle or janna.

n1ck wrote: »
    Nunu in my opinion is long gone from support days, there are just too many other supports that have more benefits than him, he's a jungler now! I'd stick with Sona/Janna/Thresh/Nami and Leona, unless you play vs a skilled fiddle or janna.

Thank you :)

Just crushed as a Riven top, so might try give support a skip for a while until I can reignite my love for it again :)

Thank you :)

Just crushed as a Riven top, so might try give support a skip for a while until I can reignite my love for it again :)

Riven is a beast alright, if in doubt flash explode their adc! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Personally really like Taric as a support. Played correctly with a good adc he can bully a lane.

Advertisement