Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Seifer wrote: »
    Please tell me you're not clicking on your skills :P
    QWER is the only way to play.

Brother and mate click ;__;

Screencapped my last game there(5on3 but we held em for 40+ mins, 5/7/0, Blitz) but the bloody thing only recorded the cursor. Gonna try and fix it later. Wanna avoid fraps as a 40min game @1920 is just going to be ridic on my drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Just had a game there, got demolished. First game playing with Annie... not so good. Think the crap team had something to do with it but I got ganked no end of times by Blitz.. talk about a mismatch.

If you have the performance you can compress a little from raw without going sub 30fps. I may map fraps to my mouse again and do it that way, but in battle I'd forget about turning it on and off I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

damn, wount be playing it now :( . need to do the lawn, or atleast try till fecking showers start...

after work i just want to relax and play... but no...... :o

btw any suggestion on champions for me? i loved veyne and teemo. Something more ranged, but not a spellcaster?

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Well the game (for me) was always default at 1024x768 at 30 FPS without recording. FRAPS always takes it down to 20, which is barely noticeable.

This old comp will be replaced soon as I have a gaming rig ordered and it'll hopefully arrive during the weekend or early next week - Once that's up and running, FPS issues will be a thing of the past.

Until then, LoL runs perfectly fine and smooth with or without recording, with exception to the fact I can't really play on any higher resolution if I intend to record. Will max it on the next computer.

Hmm, I'm running it at 1920 60FPS(Vsync) normally, and I get 40-60 while recording. 5770HAWK powering the whole thing(including a second 19" display).

What spec is the new rig?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Just gonna pop in here since i usually frequent fighting games but i play this often.
    SirAuronDX is my username on it.

Just bought Orianna. shes ok but i find her fun because of her mechanic. her early game is kinda weak but shes pretty much an amazing support character if played right. her shield is janna like and the AoE effect will speed up the person its attached to and anyone near it insanely fast. Was amazing watching olaf/morde/tyrn just ZOOM around

well i found my champion lads. i bought Veigar for ****s and giggles as he was cheap and looked col. plus i like glass cannon concept. and **** me that little basotrd can rape stuff! :eek:

22/2/14 - from a proper noob

SPECS

Thats some juicebox. I'm well jelly.

blitz.png

New addition to my collection. Its <3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

well i found my champion lads. i bought Veigar for ****s and giggles as he was cheap and looked col. plus i like glass cannon concept. and **** me that little basotrd can rape stuff! :eek:

22/2/14 - from a proper noob

Heh I just played him myself today! He seems pretty beastly in the right hands (aka not mine).

I have loads of champions I still have to try from the collectors pack though, so it's gonna take me a while to find my perfect one.

• Advertisement

Heh I just played him myself today! He seems pretty beastly in the right hands (aka not mine).

I have loads of champions I still have to try from the collectors pack though, so it's gonna take me a while to find my perfect one.

I was struggling to find champ I like. I bought him just from impulse. As soon as I bought it - oh wtf did I do. After 2 games I felt in love.

Main thing I love about him: he is no fecking hybrid!!! Pure magic fecker!

Bought another 3k RP last night and picked up Nocturne, played one 5v5 with him and enjoyed it, only died twice and that was as the other team were pounding our base so I don't feel so bad (9/2/10). He has some nice moves, I just know Duskbringer is going to bring me some nice kills back on Twisted Treeline chasing after fleeing Champs.

Looking for champion recommendations - I have 2k RP left to spend. Here is what I have already:

Alistar, Annie, Ashe, Brand, Jax, Kayle (mistake!!), Master Yi, Nocturne, Ryze & Warwick.

Bought some of those based on others performances with them and recommendations but havn't played as them all yet.

One Master Yi I was up against had some crazy +Crit gear towards end game and was hitting me for 1200+, literally from full health to ghost in 2 seconds with basic attacks! Mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

You could set up an Irish channel in the game (theres an option on the top right under the gear thing so that it will load each time you log in).

If you want to watch top level play, there's a load of people streaming I'd suggest trying:
    http://www.solomid.net/streams.php?game=1

Last weekend was the dreamhack qualification, and there were 60k people watching. Some of the games and commentary were quite good.

My brother also has someone on his friends list who has spent €170+ on it :P

Doing all my purchases the hard way, though I'm very tempted to fork out a handful of dough to the game, I can see myself comitting to it... Oh who am I kidding, I'm already comitted to it, I spent a whole week playing it each day and already about about 5-6 characters through IP, nevermind raid points.

Trying out Tryndamere - It's funny when you see so many others do well with him and yet when you pick him people inform you he's absolutely horrid in lanes and getting your foot in the door with him early game is a bit awkward without planned ganks.

Best game so far with him, ironically, was a loss - The enemy team where afraid of me, fully geared and taking a 1/4 HP out of them each speedy swing and if **** hit the fan, hell, Ulti!

Not been able to have much fun since then - Had a game just now with the worst Teemo ever who didn't help me on fights and we ended up feeding early. Pulled it back midgame but by then the 2xFrench player premade on our team where giving out about everything since the start and kept deciding to afk rather than partake, so we eventually lost... And, of course, it was all my and Teemo's fault, not the defeatists.

I know an early feed isn't a good thing to have to combat but when you reach midgame and it's all dead even, you just need to pull your weight.

i am no rasist lol, but i HATE playimg with french since wc3. :o

there is constantly some **** with them. they are more interested in everything that is not the actuoll situation in game lol.

still having fun with veigar. love that little bastord. trying to make an ultimate biuld now. got a good way of starting so far. need to tweak few ather items in late game

Loving Nocturne at the minute, here is some of my games from today:

nocturne.jpg

Probably not playing him to his full potential, and some of the teammates+opponents have been laughable but this is my favourite champion so far.

It's an amazing day outside...

Veigar's got huge burst damage, and I think his voice comments are among the best.

I havent bought any points for myself, I did it the slow way heh. Valve are working on Dota2, and the way they seem to be planning the community bit gives me real hope that it could be good (they're looking at having more experienced players mentor other ones, give points out for helping others etc). I love LoL, but some players go literally crazy in the games. It's not as bad as HoN, and hopefully the Tribunal stuff will have an effect in the short term, but I wouldnt go spending crazy money on it atm.

When you've played a few games you realise just how things can turn around, even when both your nexus towers are down. ****ing hate people who surrender once their KPD drops below one.

Played a PVP game earlier with Velgar, really worked on my AP and by endgame I was just nuking people left right and center. It was pretty fun!

Dont play at 6AM :p

Think my W:L is about 1, but my KPD is definitely lower:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Last time i played this it had insanely long loading times, ages waiting for people to load into the game, has this changed?

Dcully wrote: »
    Last time i played this it had insanely long loading times, ages waiting for people to load into the game, has this changed?

Sorta by the sounds of it. Matchmaking takes like 40sec on average I'd guess, but can be 2 mins off peak. Selection is another minute or so, then the load time varies a lot; you can be in game in 30 odd seconds, but generally there is one player with a **** connection that holds everyone else up, so like 2 mins there. Overall you're looking at 5 mins say, considering the game itself is gonna be 35/40+ mins, its not too bad really.

It takes some longer than others to load up but I wouldn't go as far as saying insanely long - considering most games last at least 30 minutes, a 1 minute load isn't overkill.

Just sneaked in a quick game there and turned out to be my best yet. Twisted Treeline: Nocturne (me), Malphite and Nunu vs Teemo, Ryze and Blitz. Our Nunu decided to leave at level 3, I thought this was going to be a struggle but it was probably a god send. Me and Malphite teamed up and just started to pillage. Nobody could stop us... Maybe the opponents were crap but even when the 3v2'd us we still came out with an ace every time. I died once early on to Teemo's dot spell as I was running away which has me annoyed now! Final score was 22/1/4 for me, Malphite got 9/2/15.

Nocturne is a beast. His Ultimate is just the business... people do not expect you at all. Ultimate gankage.

Played a PVP game earlier with Velgar, really worked on my AP and by endgame I was just nuking people left right and center. It was pretty fun!

That's why I like him. He just pew pew pew. The more of them in one spot - the better.

What is very good with him. He is very good pusher in early game with meteors. Just need to get some mana regen. I allways get that 1% regen item. Can't remember name now. It stacks up with his passive. So mana is not an issue after that.

My favourite champ " your close ones still suffer! " . God he is so cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Forgot how much fun LeBlanc is. 11/0/5 with a fully stacked soulstealer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

RopeDrink just noticing in that montage that in every match their seemed to be a lack of wards. I know most people will be ignorant at the level your playing about using wards but i can't stress enough how valuable they are. They can be the difference between a bad team composition overcoming a vastly superior one. I know though the stress of getting PUGS to coordinate warding though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Went with my mates 4 man premade. All supports, Soraka, Kayle, Taric, Sona and a random Morde. We completely destroyed the team against us. Late game they just couldn't kill us just too much heals was fantastic!

Had my first annoying player earlier. Was playing Velgar and he was Ashe. Blitzcrank was coming up to our inhibitor turret and I hit him with the meteor spell thing and then dumbass Ashe tries to chase him down. I just stay where I am, knowing that Blitz has his ultra and we're both too squishy for him. But the Ashe chases him down, dies, then messages me in the chat calling me a dumb fck.

I lol'd.

well i bought 10eu worth points and got myself vayne. playing alot with my friends vs improved bots.

26 2 5
    23 6 5
    38 6 7
    36 0 5
    15 8 2 defeat
    18 4 4 defeat

i freaking love her, i made myself prety solid biuld which has me with good hp and huge crit/speed

i know bots are nothing like playing vs people, but we did one 3vs3 with all the lads and i was on top hihi, i was even better then one of the lads lvl 30! :o

i think i started to get a hang of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Keep in mind that Vayne is considered overpowered (and rightly so) and will most likely receive some further nerfs in the next patch.

Advertisement