Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

SeantheMan wrote: »
    For anyone who was familiar with SC2, just read that MarineKingPrime has quit SC2 to play LoL

For those who don't know who he is, he was one of the best SC2 players in the world, known for his Micro skills and aggressive play, so it should translate extremely well to LoL. He's already Diamond

He was playing LoL for 3 months full-time before quitting SC2. But yes, he's Diamond on Korea. I hope he does do well in LoL though because it's far better than SC2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

What do people think of Jinx. Just tried her and she is fun and a much more viable adc than Lucian. No real escape though so positioning is going to be key.

Playboy wrote: »
    What do people think of Jinx. Just tried her and she is fun and a much more viable adc than Lucian. No real escape though so positioning is going to be key.

Positioning isn't so important because of her range in lane. She is very strong and in team fights you can just right click away due to passive. Haven't got her myself but played against her a few times. Not having any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Positioning isn't so important because of her range in lane. She is very strong and in team fights you can just right click away due to passive. Haven't got her myself but played against her a few times. Not having any issues.

Will probably be my next IP purchase when i have enough since ADC is my weakest role since i only feel 100% comfortable on Vayne or Varus.. I really like her style and kit though. Played against her in a game once where she managed to get ahead in bot, but was playing as Vi so i could dunk her hard and she had no way to shake me off. But to be honest her team wasn't doing a very good job at peeling for her

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Jinx is bull**** if she gets near a tower. Her passive just obliterates it! It's like having a lich bane/TF proc every hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Man... the EUW servers are ****ing dog****...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Taylor365 wrote: »
    PLATINUM BITCHES.

Waits for a diamond poster to squash my achievement :'( OneUpManShip to the coar!

non challenger scrub

(I have no idea what is happening)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

He was playing LoL for 3 months full-time before quitting SC2. But yes, he's Diamond on Korea. I hope he does do well in LoL though because it's far better than SC2.

I don't think he was 3 months full time before it, considering that he was still playing Competitive SC2 in the GSL until he got knocked out in a 'decider' match of UP/Downs.

Had he won, he'd be in Code S (best league in the World for SC2) again next season.

Anyways, best of luck to him, he was one of my top3 SC2 players, so hopefully he can do well in LoL

I don't think he was 3 months full time before it, considering that he was still playing Competitive SC2 in the GSL until he got knocked out in a 'decider' match of UP/Downs.

Had he won, he'd be in Code S (best league in the World for SC2) again next season.

Anyways, best of luck to him, he was one of my top3 SC2 players, so hopefully he can do well in LoL

Yes he was. He was hardly playing any SC2 the last 3 months.

Lots of new changes on the PBE lately plus 3 new skins, Sultan Gangplank, Officer Vi, Victorious Elise and none of them are Halloween skins :eek: Is this normal when its coming close to the end of a season? Lots of content being rolled out by Riot

• Advertisement

I don't think there was this many skins released last year but it could be just that they were ready to be released. Surprised they arent holding one back to release it a bit later though so there is a consistent stream of skins being released.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Sultan GP. Real. One of the least interesting skin lines on one of the least played champions. He'll actually go well with Malz, Trynd and Zilean I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

For anyone with a day off or free time right now in Europe, WCG Korean Semi-Finals are starting

http://www.twitch.tv/ongamenet SKT T1 vrs Samsung Blue

For anyone with a day off or free time right now in Europe, WCG Korean Semi-Finals are starting

http://www.twitch.tv/ongamenet SKT T1 vrs MVP Blue

Tut tut, they're Samsung Blue now :P

I hate OGN because I hate watching 360p vids. I'm not f*cking subbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Kold wrote: »
    I hate OGN because I hate watching 360p vids. I'm not f*cking subbing.

There is an app called "livestream" I think, basically in short its an app that lets you watch all quality of videos via VLC, regardless of paywalls.

Actually cant remember the name of the app and I use it so much :'( But its a tiny lightweight programme where you copy and paste the link stream in, it will then provide you with quality options and you can watch for free. Mobile_High is normally the best to go with ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Huntseeker

Hey lads(and ladies?),

I'm pretty new to boards, just got myself a gaming PC and wondering if anyone has any interest in playing some lol with me? Be it just for the laugh, or ranked, have headset and TS and would like to actually play with some real players rather than just trolls all the time(I'm trapped in bronze as only recently started to play ranked this season!).

Cheers,

Huntseker

p.s. I'm 26 and not a troll :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Looking forward to this new team builder system they're working on... Looks excellent.

Looking forward to this new team builder system they're working on... Looks excellent.

Only 2 new Halloween skins this year :eek: Not to disappointed since both new skins are my two mains :cool: Will probably pick up 1 or 2 of the older skins depending on what prices they are going for

• Advertisement

Zombie Brand has to be the best of them.

Also the team builder system sucks dick. I don't know what role I want to play until I'm in lobby.

Also the team builder system sucks dick. I don't know what role I want to play until I'm in lobby.

Well get on to RIOT straight away then and make sure they dont implement it!!

tbf I think its one of the smartest chnages they have suggested and something they should have done ages ago. I dont think it should replace the current queuing options, it should just be an extra option so people have choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I cant queue in blind pick because of isnta-lockers and trolls. I'd rather leave than spend 20-50 minutes in game in a role i have no interest in playing let alone in the same team as these people. Sheeet I'd rather play dominion.

Its draft and fingers crossed not last pick most times.

Enjoy waiting 20 mins for someone to click support.

I enjoy support so things are looking up for me!

Only 2 new Halloween skins this year :eek: Not to disappointed since both new skins are my two mains :cool: Will probably pick up 1 or 2 of the older skins depending on what prices they are going for

Are you sure that those skins released are not just the only ones they have announced yet, we don't know for sure if there will be more released.

Zombie Brand has to be the best of them.

You're one of very few so.
    Taylor365 wrote: »
    I cant queue in blind pick because of isnta-lockers and trolls. I'd rather leave than spend 20-50 minutes in game in a role i have no interest in playing let alone in the same team as these people. Sheeet I'd rather play dominion.

Its draft and fingers crossed not last pick most times.

Thing is, you select a champ you wanna play, and are matched into games requiring something that champ can fill.

This may be an issue. But im sure someone who has queued as a support champ will find the game and stay.

What im looking forward to are the crazy random meta breaking things people wanna try. Even if theyre rubbish, the fact that all 5 people stayed in the lobby and started with the same goal in mind will be deadly. These kind of things cannot be done using the current system (unless youve a premade 5) as people flame/report/afk when you do something different.

With the new system, if i have a random idea, i can create the game ad if people wanna try it out they stay. Pretty cool.

Downloaded the pbe again to try it out when its released. Hope my account is still working there.

Either that or people start queuing as support then when they get in game, pick an ap carry and say "Im mid, dont giv a fk, #dealwithit".

Either that or people start queuing as support then when they get in game, pick an ap carry and say "Im mid, dont giv a fk, #dealwithit".

Didnt think that could happen. I'd imagine you would just get locked in as the champ you queued with and you would only be able to amend runes/masteries and summoner spells.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Playboy wrote: »
    Didnt think that could happen. I'd imagine you would just get locked in as the champ you queued with and you would only be able to amend runes/masteries and summoner spells.
    Now that sounds good if it works. Blitz jungles all day long :D

Advertisement