Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

n1ck wrote: »
    Are you sure that those skins released are not just the only ones they have announced yet, we don't know for sure if there will be more released.

The sun sets and darkness creeps in, candlelight flickers and fires burn out. The Harrowing is nearly upon us. Whether exploring an old tomb or getting decked out to deck some criminals, terrifying and surprising storytelling comes alive with new skins for Zyra and Vi. Haunted Zyra and Officer Vi headline a cast that includes all of the former Harrowing skins. As announced last Thursday, skins that were previously categorized as Limited Edition are now legacy and will also be retrieved from the vault.

Read a Riot post that also confirmed just the two new ones. Don't have the link though

Role queue sounds nice for normal games thats about it. Will be nice to try out a champ+lane i wouldn't bring to ranked just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I saw the skins(i never read the posts) but i would have thought there would be more, there was like 6 last year? Maybe more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Dunno if this was posted before...sorry if repost, only came across it

I think Im in love with Jinx. At first she didn't really appeal to me at all until i saw the Get Jinx music video :o:o:o:o:o

I think Im in love with Jinx. At first she didn't really appeal to me at all until i saw the Get Jinx music video :o:o:o:o:o

She'll be nerfed pretty soon :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Riots new champ releases is starting to bother me.

Every time a new champ is released they're massively op. Everyone loses their minds about how good they are and loads buy them. Then they're nerfed like mental. Then people lose their **** because their new favourite champ is no longer op as hell. Then the new champ is almost never played again.

Lucian cones to mind...

Why can't they just released a balanced champ :/

Korvanica wrote: »
    Riots new champ releases is starting to bother me.

Every time a new champ is released they're massively op. Everyone loses their minds about how good they are and loads buy them. Then they're nerfed like mental. Then people lose their **** because their new favourite champ is no longer op as hell. Then the new champ is almost never played again.

Lucian cones to mind...

Wasn't Lucian released UP? I played him for the first time the other day and he feels awkward. I feel they should maybe change his Q to a skill shot and do something about his ult

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Korvanica wrote: »

Lucian cones to mind...

Out of interest what nerfs have they made to Lucian since he was released?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

tuxy wrote: »
    Out of interest what nerfscombat made to Lucian since he was released?

K maybe Lucian was a bad example. He's never played now though . I assumed it was because he was nerfed into uselessness. (Haven't been keeping up with the patch notes). But so many champs, on release, are very overpowered then nerfed.

Edit: come to think of it maybe its just lack of combative experience and better players getting good with the champ quickly..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Some new champs are still overpowered. See Zed, Thresh, Zac and Zyra.

• Advertisement

How bout that new Sivir VU. Feels really nice to play now, the animation plus sound effects make it a joy, will be playing her alot more now. How good she stacks up to other ADC remains to be seen. But tbh, **** popular opinion, i saw a Soraka only account in Diamond 1.

I'm just happy they removed the cast time on her ult, that **** was so annoying. You can cast it without having your champ stop now which is nice. I haven't played her yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

I tried her out in an AI game and I liked her. Her ricochet ability makes much more sense now esp with the attk speed passive. Will make her strong in a trade and in team fights.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

The new Heimer VU looks fantastic. no idea on if he plays any different but really impressed with the graphical updates

Heimer got a VU? I thought it was only a kit rework

maybe i'm losing it then... but i thought he looked a lot better in an aram the other night...

Splinter wrote: »
    maybe i'm losing it then... but i thought he looked a lot better in an aram the other night...

Maybe he got a texture update like Rammus? Dunno to be honest

Tbh, there were a lot of new sprites added last patch so things certainly seem more... sparkly

so how did we all do with our rewards? Make what you hoped to make? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Got Silver and was happy with that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Splinter wrote: »
    so how did we all do with our rewards? Make what you hoped to make? :)

Got gold which was my target pre season, left it late enough but got there in the end, along with a LAN final casted by Quickshot meant it was a pretty successful season for me overall :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Just missed out on Diamond 5, had around 93 LP in Plat 1; 3 days before season was due to end, then went on a 3 rip of drink and missed the chance. Atleast I got a nice Elise skin, not that I like her \o/.

Stuck mid Plat 1 for months. Eventually got relegated to Plat 2. Fine with me, the game isn't so fun without friends on the same server.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭T L

Just started playing this a few weeks ago, quick question!

Does anyone else get huge lag sometimes? Particularly last night for example. I was getting 150ish ping, but the lag was a lot lot worse than that. In the good times I sit around 60 ping and no lag, but every so often it goes bad.

Just want to check if I need to get onto my ISP or if it's a general server thing.

My last hitting is bad enough atm without more things going against me :P

Aimed for Gold and got to Gold with just over one month to go before the season ended. Only played 1 ranked game in Gold V with the rest of my games being in normal draft trying out new champs. Diamond V for S4 :D
    T L wrote: »
    Just started playing this a few weeks ago, quick question!

Does anyone else get huge lag sometimes? Particularly last night for example. I was getting 150ish ping, but the lag was a lot lot worse than that. In the good times I sit around 60 ping and no lag, but every so often it goes bad.

Just want to check if I need to get onto my ISP or if it's a general server thing.

My last hitting is bad enough atm without more things going against me :P

Didnt play any games last night but EUW is pretty bad when it comes to lag spikes and the servers being down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

There was network maintenence going on late at night for like the past 5 days or so. I think it finished last night though for good. There's a huge maintenence coming up next month I think.

So i just got demoted to Silver 1. I had 24LP in Gold V and just got straight out demoted for inactivity. Isn't it supposed to be an LP drain then the demotion?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I don't test it. I see the warning and play a game.

Better safe than silver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Any thoughts on the new patch. Have played only one game as support but still havent evaluated how the changes work as ended up playing top vs teemo (as Taric) due to troll picks. The new ward items are interesting as is the support item which lets you execute minions and pass the kill (and gold) to your adc. Will have to careful not to over extend in lane now with lack of wards plus bot champs being able to farm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

support not able to buy as many wards as before

*&($"&($""*&$)'s still saying " warding is the supports job " and " where are the fricking wards " and " why are you only buying 3 wards ? "

Nevermind that there is a trinket they can take for FREE to ward away to their hearts content - nope, just keep bitching to the support about the lack of wards...

So having said all that, I'm playing a lot more Jungle and Top since the patch and JUNGLE skarner is awesomer now :D

Advertisement