Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Feels weird not being able to drop more than 3 wards as a support. Getting a sightstone and not having to buy anymore green wards is weird. Also lots more gold income for bot lane to. One supp item that lets you CS a minion and it gives you and the ADC the gold for the kill.

Played a jungle game as Kayle also. Just farmed the jungle hard then ganked when my blue buff was gone or the enemy was pushing super hard. Had more farm by the end of the game than everyone on my team.

All good changes so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Played a game last night as Annie vs an irritating Leblanc.

She kept spamming her laugh at me, went 2-0 and proceeded to taunt in all chat. She was good...but that **** ain't good with me.

Right so i said to meself, time to make her useless. She had bought Meja to try snow ball - i stayed just that little bit out of range so she couldn't jump to me without dire consequences. Once she left lane, I'd clear my lane, take wraiths and head bot.

Was soon 0-2-4, while she was 3-0 (good man J4, just walk up to her with half hp for the lolz). Was waiting for the chance to catch her somewhere with all the gloating and laughing she was doin (grrrr, and she had built solely AP). Then it came, she had gone top to try 1 shot our Zed who was doing quite well. I had given him the heads up (him being sane, heeded it). So made my way to the bush behind red, as she would have to back track through here to mid. Waltzing right up to my bush......IGNITETIBBERSDFGQW!

Deleted.

Didn't hear a laugh for the rest of the game.

They surrendered by 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lomix

Hey guys, was wondering, any of you know of any small tournaments going on around now ? Im looking for some competetive play with a team. Just want to get a taste of how it looks, and get ready for any future possible events

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Played a game last night as Annie vs an irritating Leblanc.

She kept spamming her laugh at me, went 2-0 and proceeded to taunt in all chat. She was good...but that **** ain't good with me.

Right so i said to meself, time to make her useless. She had bought Meja to try snow ball - i stayed just that little bit out of range so she couldn't jump to me without dire consequences. Once she left lane, I'd clear my lane, take wraiths and head bot.

Was soon 0-2-4, while she was 3-0 (good man J4, just walk up to her with half hp for the lolz). Was waiting for the chance to catch her somewhere with all the gloating and laughing she was doin (grrrr, and she had built solely AP). Then it came, she had gone top to try 1 shot our Zed who was doing quite well. I had given him the heads up (him being sane, heeded it). So made my way to the bush behind red, as she would have to back track through here to mid. Waltzing right up to my bush......IGNITETIBBERSDFGQW!

Deleted.

Didn't hear a laugh for the rest of the game.

They surrendered by 30.

haha, i had a game like that earlier... what made it worse was it was a one for all aram custom game, suppose to be just for lol's right ?? They were all nid's vs janna.. obviously they bashed us for the first 10 minutes. But one guy was constantly "LOL", "Owned" and spamming his taunts. We all stacked a bit of MR and by 20 minutes ran through them lol, was one hilarious moment where they all grouped up and got chain Q'd !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

What do you guys make of this? I've only just seen it, not sure what to think.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1s38ea/lcs_2014_contract_stipulates_players_cannot/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

What do you guys make of this? I've only just seen it, not sure what to think.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1s38ea/lcs_2014_contract_stipulates_players_cannot/

https://twitter.com/CrsStvicious/status/408346165785001984

Apparently it's an old contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Anyone fancy playing a few games? Im just getting back into after a 2 year on and off break. ALOT of changes sense I last played actively and so many new champs to learn.
    Add me on steam: (Best way to contact me) IrishRook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

When is Season 4?

I've lost all interest in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Same. Just playing aram lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

yep - this off-season sucks.

Well LCS starts this week.

Season 4 starts in around a month apparently. Read it on reddit a few days ago, one of the developers posted on the official forums.

Am I not correct to say that Season 4 starts 14/01/14 ?

lomix wrote: »

link ?

LCS starts Tuesday, yea.

Rikand wrote: »
    link ?
    n1ck wrote: »
    LCS starts Tuesday, yea.

General Reply
    As a LoL player dating back to Season 1, I can say that I know 'people'. Some of them high up in the Leagues, and they just informed as of, that they believe it's supposed to be the 14th, although I'll keep my eyes open and post something for you guys.
    But you may find this interesting about Season 4 (Also if there is a date in that post I'm sorry, I didint read all of it.. just let us know if you do find it.)
    http://www.newsoflegends.com/index.php/tag/season-4/

Club Idea Thinggy...
    ALSO I do wonder, is there any 'organisation' or club or anything for Irish LoL players, as if not I may be willing to start something like that to hold minor Championships / Torunaments or so for all Irish players. Also would provide information and such.

EDIT :
    After Reading the web post I sent I acctually found this quote :
    RiotBrokenSword: I think a little over a month from now. I don’t have an exact date. It depends half on our strategic timing, and ability to have the Season 2014* (that’s what we’re calling it now) code ready and stable.

It's posted by one of the RIOT members 4 days ago. So soon guys. I'll keep you posted, if you could just reply to my idea of setting up some kind of club thinggy ? :)

Many of the players have stated that it's the 14th. It's widely known and has been on reddit.

There is also a facebook page where all the leagues and cups are held, including a monthly cup with a first place prize of 3650 RP and Triumphant Ryze skin for first place, with 2600 for second and prizes all the way to 4th.

General Reply
    As a LoL player dating back to Season 1, I can say that I know 'people'. Some of them high up in the Leagues, and they just informed as of, that they believe it's supposed to be the 14th, although I'll keep my eyes open and post something for you guys.
    But you may find this interesting about Season 4 (Also if there is a date in that post I'm sorry, I didint read all of it.. just let us know if you do find it.)

Club Idea Thinggy...
    ALSO I do wonder, is there any 'organisation' or club or anything for Irish LoL players, as if not I may be willing to start something like that to hold minor Championships / Torunaments or so for all Irish players. Also would provide information and such.

EDIT :
    After Reading the web post I sent I acctually found this quote :

It's posted by one of the RIOT members 4 days ago. So soon guys. I'll keep you posted, if you could just reply to my idea of setting up some kind of club thinggy ? :)

Thanks for the information

Also, as regards a community for LOL - there is " This is Irish League of Legends " facebook page with around 1400 members, so if you want to get something going, maybe make a post over there too :)

Soon™

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

so according to that article we are looking at mid Feb before season 4 starts? How does that work with LCS starting prior to the new season going live?

General Reply

lol, the LCS starts back today (14/01/14), as i said riot have said it'll be a around a month before season 4 official starts for everyone else (League resets or whatever and probably the last major patch for a wee while.

Playboy wrote: »
    so according to that article we are looking at mid Feb before season 4 starts? How does that work with LCS starting prior to the new season going live?

I would imagine the thinking behind the LCS is so that riot can use the info from the first few weeks to further balance the game before the start of the official season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Finished S3 in Gold V then dropped to Silver I from inactivity. Went 5/5 in placements and placed in Silver II. The whole internet must be trolling hard about being in high Gold and dropping down to low Silver or even Bronze....

Anyone else finish placements yet?

Going to give it a week before i start playing my placement games - getting some lag variance for the last few days, so hopefully it will all be sorted in the next week.

I was silver 5 though before the reset so I would expect to end up in Bronze 2 or 3

Finished S3 in Gold V then dropped to Silver I from inactivity. Went 5/5 in placements and placed in Silver II. The whole internet must be trolling hard about being in high Gold and dropping down to low Silver or even Bronze....

Anyone else finish placements yet?

They should have just hard reset it imo. Its a new season after all, kinda silly if you start just as high up in the leagues as you left off.

Magill wrote: »
    They should have just hard reset it imo. Its a new season after all, kinda silly if you start just as high up in the leagues as you left off.
    If i was put down in silver i cba doing the climb to plat never mind diamond.

I'd prob take a pass on the whole season xD

ARAM's and the odd draft will do :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

From what I gather from alot of lads I know that play, most of them got placed lower then they finished.

you have to take into account that towards the last 60 days of last season, account boosting went into overdrive, and alot of people got boosted and created an imbalance.

Youll probably get placed lower then you finished, but the idea is youll get back up if you deserve it. If you were one of the people that got boosted, youll tumble down and down, as you can drop tiers this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Was Silver IV. Dropped to Bronze III after winning 6 and losing 4 of placement games. Played 7 bronze games and dropped to bronze IV after a succession of trollers and afk in 5 games on the bounce. It's gonna be a long season :mad: Last game had an Annie supp admit to intentionally feeding and trolling and a Gragas afk after 20 mins. Could have still carried as I was fed on Jax but other teammates didnt have a brain cell between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Hey, Just starting to get into league of legends again after a 2 year break. Is anyone interested in playing a few normal 5v5's with me most nights and then maybe go on to ranked once I get back into the swing of things? Message me on here or add me on steam (IrishRook) As I have multiple accounts on LoL and have yet to decide which one to use :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Playboy wrote: »
    Was Silver IV. Dropped to Bronze III after winning 6 and losing 4 of placement games. Played 7 bronze games and dropped to bronze IV after a succession of trollers and afk in 5 games on the bounce. It's gonna be a long season :mad: Last game had an Annie supp admit to intentionally feeding and trolling and a Gragas afk after 20 mins. Could have still carried as I was fed on Jax but other teammates didnt have a brain cell between them.

I'm expecting to drop down to silver considering I havnt touched the game since end of last season, but current meta plays into my hands a little. Top lane tanks that can put out good damage, ie Shyvana, mundo and Renekton. So fingers crossed I can carry games even if I'm put with downies.

Advertisement