Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'm expecting to drop down to silver considering I havnt touched the game since end of last season, but current meta plays into my hands a little. Top lane tanks that can put out good damage, ie Shyvana, mundo and Renekton. So fingers crossed I can carry games even if I'm put with downies.

Lots of Gold dropped to bronze so hope you get some decent placement matches. Might be worth waiting a while to do placement matches so that the divisions can readjust themselves again as people move back into Platinum and diamond. Probably less chance of dropping once that happens.

Bronze is insane in a kind of funny/absurd way. Could end up being good for me as I will need to learn to carry hard in every game to get out of here. So far my skills have not been up to the task!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

You'll probably drop to bronze doc judging by a lot of other people's placement games and you also havent played the game since you got gold so likely hood is you'll drop. And since when do you play Shyv or Mundo? You played Renekton but not even often cos you used to play Kennen so much.

Just looked at your last game Doc, it was 3 months ago. Took you forever to get gold in the first place, good luck keeping it with the meta changes and how long it's been since you played :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

did my placements and got put into bronze 5. Kind of expected it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Rikand wrote: »
    did my placements and got put into bronze 5. Kind of expected it :)

doing mine at the moment, probably see you there soon ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Korvanica wrote: »
    doing mine at the moment, probably see you there soon ! :D

its interesting down here - it's throw after throw after throw and with a bit of luck, your team might just end up throwing a little less than the other team :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

n1ck wrote: »
    You'll probably drop to bronze doc judging by a lot of other people's placement games and you also havent played the game since you got gold so likely hood is you'll drop. And since when do you play Shyv or Mundo? You played Renekton but not even often cos you used to play Kennen so much.

Just looked at your last game Doc, it was 3 months ago. Took you forever to get gold in the first place, good luck keeping it with the meta changes and how long it's been since you played :P

Renekton + Mundo equals Doc going into Challenger...I was just two seasons ahead of the meta bro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Cull of the Meek ( Q ) % of damage dealt as heal lowered to 3/3.5/4/4.5/5% from 5% at all ranks.

Cull of the Meek ( Q ) % of damage dealt to champions healed lowered to 12/14/16/18/20% from 20% at all ranks

Cull of the Meek ( Q ) fury bonus % heal lowered to 6/7/8/9/10% from 10% at all ranks

Slice and Dice ( E ) damage changed to 40/60/80/100/120 from 30/60/90/120/150

Slice and Dice ( E ) fury bonus now slows enemies hit by 25% for 2 seconds instead of reducing armor by 15/20/25/30/35%

Cya Renekton...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

What ping is everyone getting now?
    Ping used to be around 40.

Now ever since UPC rerouted their traffic its shot up.

Currently im sitting on ~100 or so. But have started getting regular ping spikes upto 400/500.

Just did mine, lost three due to horrendous players going 0/7 and then one game was a complete throw but ended Gold 2 so reasonably happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Currently im sitting on ~100 or so. But have started getting regular ping spikes upto 400/500.
    Same. Reminds me of playing on EUW from Australia....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

The main undersea line going from Ireland outbound is damaged and has ongoing repair. Everyone is affected, just some more then others based on the traffic routing outbound from your area.

I've suffered a fair bit over the last few days but stabled a bit last night.

It's due to be resolved this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jeziorski

If there is any plat player and want to play duo q then write to me here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

27 million people play League of Legends every day: Article

Seifer wrote: »
    27 million people play League of Legends every day: Article

Amazing statistics. I think we are seeing a major shift in how video games and eSports are perceived.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

finished s3 with g5 and 0 points. went 7-3 (1 loss prevented) and got placed in gold IV :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Just got back into LoL recently with a year + break. Currently doing solo 5v5 ranked queues and it seems to be 50:50 weather I win or lose. I am at bronze II and looking for someone else to queue with. I don't mind supporting bot lane.

killanena wrote: »
    Just got back into LoL recently with a year + break. Currently doing solo 5v5 ranked queues and it seems to be 50:50 weather I win or lose. I am at bronze II and looking for someone else to queue with. I don't mind supporting bot lane.

Hi. Currently Bronze as well. Was Silver last season and placed in bronze this season after placement games. Finding it difficult to get out due to the lottery that is matchmaking. I generally duo with someone else but add me and happy to duo when I'm not duoing with him. i main Top Lane and Support. Play jungle and mid a bit too but rarely play adc. If you can adc then do a premade bot lane. In game name is Calvez.

Playboy wrote: »
    Hi. Currently Bronze as well. Was Silver last season and placed in bronze this season after placement games. Finding it difficult to get out due to the lottery that is matchmaking. I generally duo with someone else but add me and happy to duo when I'm not duoing with him. i main Top Lane and Support. Play jungle and mid a bit too but rarely play adc. If you can adc then do a premade bot lane. In game name is Calvez.

I'll add you when I get home, I main mid and jungle but I can adc if need be, just lacking in new champs and Im still learning them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

I'll add both of you later. Silver.

EDIT: Jungle

Another DDoS attack last night at about 11:30 by Derp Trolling. Brought down EUW and NA. What pathetic wnkers these guys are.

• Advertisement

My in-game name is Jamiekins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

killanena wrote: »
    My in-game name is Jamiekins

Was wondering why your boards name wasn't working!

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

Add me! I was silver last season/bronze 2 at the moment. Support main, would love a decent adc to duo with!

Edit: Should probably add my name.. Sùpport

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Would like to play with some of you, but not sure on what pings to EU from KR are.
    I usually have to play NA where it's 150-220. I imagine EU would be even worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Straight into my ranked games today, I want to get placed.
    It was a real nail biter it could have gone either way.
    I think if I was a bit more focused, I could have turn it around.

294480.jpg

Looked close.

n1ck wrote: »
    Looked close.

I know, people always forget that it's not all about kill death ratios and cs.

Don't build ap on amumu, he has high base stats, and makes an amazing tank due to lower elo people focusing him, cos he's 'op'

Seaaan wrote: »
    Don't build ap on amumu, he has high base stats, and makes an amazing tank due to lower elo people focusing him, cos he's 'op'

Good point
    I decided to take mid this time even though I don't really know that position.
    Le Leblonc got bule and I couldn't get it until late due to no jungle to help me.
    I also had to play safe since we had no one to counter their jungle ganks but that seemed to work in my favor.
    I went zhonyas after rod because of their team comp.
    Any tips appreciated.

294494.jpg

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote: »
    Good point
    I decided to take mid this time even though I don't really know that position.
    Le Leblonc got bule and I couldn't get it until late due to no jungle to help me.
    I also had to play safe since we had no one to counter their jungle ganks but that seemed to work in my favor.
    I went zhonyas after rod because of their team comp.
    Any tips appreciated.

294494.jpg

Were you unranked last season? You seem to be getting the most horrible players alive! The best thing I learned to do was build according to the enemy. Having a hard time in top lane vs vladamir? Rush a negatron, THEN build your build.

On a lighter note, in my Bronze 1 promos at last. 4th time doing these, seem to get unlucky..

Advertisement