Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

382019f1d403f3a531c1c9ae1ae9b045
    It was a great 3v5 game.. 2 people left at like 15 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Seaaan wrote: »
    Were you unranked last season? You seem to be getting the most horrible players alive! The best thing I learned to do was build according to the enemy. Having a hard time in top lane vs vladamir? Rush a negatron, THEN build your build.

On a lighter note, in my Bronze 1 promos at last. 4th time doing these, seem to get unlucky..

Silver V last season so I guess I couldn't expect much. Just got bronze 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Wow...

And i thought i was a bit rusty!

Those teammates are out and out useless. That's lvl 1 stuff right there....lvl 10 at best

Karth vs LB is tough match up. I'd go for Zhonya's as you did, but hold off on the ROA and get either Abyssal or Athene's for either synergy with Zhonya+defile or spam-ability for farming respectively. If LB is going to combo you, ROA wont help much.

I really hate ROA. Only build it on Ryze or singed.

Was that Annie gold S3 or am i getting old and blind? O_o

tuxy wrote: »

I was also silver 5. With bronze 2 mmr. (Loved the invulnerability of 5 divisions!)
    Went 6-4 placements and went bronze 3, which I wasn't too unhappy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Good point
    I decided to take mid this time even though I don't really know that position.
    Le Leblonc got bule and I couldn't get it until late due to no jungle to help me.
    I also had to play safe since we had no one to counter their jungle ganks but that seemed to work in my favor.
    I went zhonyas after rod because of their team comp.
    Any tips appreciated.

294494.jpg

wtf is that team comp? Where did Swain play, jungle? no tanks in a tank meta vs a wukong, trynd and Leona? Suicide!! If it wasnt a placement or promo i would have dodged

I was Silver 3 last season, went on a horrible run at the end of preseason (11 game lose streak out of nowhere!!) and ended up in Silver 5. Went 6-4 in my placement and ended up in Bronze 3. Dropped to Bronze 5 within a week! Back in Bronze 3 with a positive win/loss ratio. It really is a lottery down here on who gets the afk/feeder/troll. Everyone wants to surrender after 20 mins even if they are only a couple of kills behind and even though you have a late game team comp. I main support so trying to keep my adc alive and not feeding is a challenging experience. Started playing top on Jax to try and carry games and I have had mixed success mostly due to Jax being a late game champ and games rarely getting to late game! Have started practicing with Renek as his early and mid game power is more suited to the short games at this elo. Even though its been a frustrating experience it has in a strange way made me a better player!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I was also Silver 5, went 5/5 and now I'm bronze 5 and I can't get out of bronze 5 now - so I've given up trying :)

Playboy wrote: »
    wtf is that team comp? Where did Swain play, jungle? no tanks in a tank meta vs a wukong, trynd and Leona? Suicide!! If it wasnt a placement or promo i would have dodged

I was Silver 3 last season, went on a horrible run at the end of preseason (11 game lose streak out of nowhere!!) and ended up in Silver 5. Went 6-4 in my placement and ended up in Bronze 3. Dropped to Bronze 5 within a week! Back in Bronze 3 with a positive win/loss ratio. It really is a lottery down here on who gets the afk/feeder/troll. Everyone wants to surrender after 20 mins even if they are only a couple of kills behind and even though you have a late game team comp. I main support so trying to keep my adc alive and not feeding is a challenging experience. Started playing top on Jax to try and carry games and I have had mixed success mostly due to Jax being a late game champ and games rarely getting to late game! Have started practicing with Renek as his early and mid game power is more suited to the short games at this elo. Even though its been a frustrating experience it has in a strange way made me a better player!

I just want to second ALL of this, though I would add an 's' to each of afk/feeder/troll :)

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

My two cents...

Been playing LoL for about 9 months now. Was Bronze all last season. highest I got was Bronze two I think, briefly before dropping again. I've found I've improved quite a bit but with my poor performance last season and a 5/5 placement games for Season 4, I was put back in B5. Been trying to climb out of it since season start and this is where I've found success.

I wouldn't say I "main" top as I don't think a casual player such as myself really "mains" anything. They just have a preference. So my preference has always been top. Used to be atrocious at all other roles but have made some passible progress with Mid, Jungle and ADC. Support? Just play Leona. Easy mode. :D

Anyway, as I began making progress as I played more, I still wasn't good enough to carry in games that generally involed feeding, afking, trolling and just down right lack of Team Fighting capability.

Then things began to look up. In the last two weeks I've gotten away from playing Top lane. I've found that by the time Team fights have begun, the damage/feeding has already been done by your comrades and no matter how well you may have won your lane, it's not enough to carry and your team has generally given up morale-wise.

So, how to fix this? Play Mid/Adc or Jungle if you're good enough. I'm not good enough jungle so I can't comment on whether or not it might work but I feel like it could.

Anyway, so my mid plan is this. Pick Riven. She's been my most played champ since I started playing LoL. I've been able to take the champ knowledge I gained playing Top lane and bring it to Mid. Bronze players don't seem to expect a Riven Mid and wind up not even attempting to Counter pick against me. Their Top laner picks a Renek or Jax in the hope of countering me, and I wind up facing a Ziggs/Morgana/Other Squishy AP champ. It gives me a lane I can easily pick up an early kill in and push easily, and when I have breathing room I roam bot and get our ADC an early kill or two. This strategy alone has gotten me into B4 over the weekend.

And if I don't get to play Mid? I go ADC. Generally Jinx. Hadn't played her much before now but I've found her easy enough to pick up. People seem to fear her in lane. If you play super aggressive you can just push them to tower and out farm, then buy items and kill easily, providing your Supp has at least half a brain.

Basically I've found the key to climbing in Bronze is have an early impact on the game. If you can do that, it seems to generally pay off. Yes I've only ever been a Bronze player so I could be talking absolute ****. I just know this stuff has been working for me.

Oh, all that combined with extreme optimism. Not necessarily genuine optimism, because that's difficult at times. But optimism towards your team. Here's how my opening message to my team mates goes when we load in...

"Alright guys, let's get this done. I'll roam bot when I can. Jungle, keep an eye on top and gank when Renek pushes. Play defensive guys. And don't forget, wards and map awareness. We got this."

It's cheesy as **** but you'd be surprised how many times people actually listen to you if you spout this stuff. I go on to say things like "Damn, hard luck man." when a comrade dies. And they generally even mirror my optimism and fess up saying something like "Yeah that was my bad/mistake. Sorry" and then subsequently don't make the same mistake again. It's incredible. I guess it SOMETIMES pays to be nice.

Anyway, this has gotten into a rant.

TL;DR? Play mid/adc, have an early impact on your teams success, boost optimism where possible. You can't prevent AFK's/Trolls but you can do your best to prevent general negativity and lack of morale. Be a leader.

;)

^^ good post! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I hate overly nice/enthusiastic players because you know they're fake as $hit, only being nice so people don't flame.

Best player you can have is the one that says nothing and does his job.

Ignorance IS bliss. :pac:

• Advertisement

I'd much rather a pretend nice person than a walking cnut!

422nd wrote: »

Basically I've found the key to climbing in Bronze is have an early impact on the game. If you can do that, it seems to generally pay off. Yes I've only ever been a Bronze player so I could be talking absolute ****. I just know this stuff has been working for me.

This absolutely. It's why I have been trying to move away from late game champs and start playing champs that can get a couple of early kills. What I find is that it only takes 2-3 kills early game for the opposing team to become demoralized and start flaming each other, once that happens its gg and surrender at 20.

422nd wrote: »
    My two cents...

Been playing LoL for about 9 months now. Was Bronze all last season. highest I got was Bronze two I think, briefly before dropping again. I've found I've improved quite a bit but with my poor performance last season and a 5/5 placement games for Season 4, I was put back in B5. Been trying to climb out of it since season start and this is where I've found success.

I wouldn't say I "main" top as I don't think a casual player such as myself really "mains" anything. They just have a preference. So my preference has always been top. Used to be atrocious at all other roles but have made some passible progress with Mid, Jungle and ADC. Support? Just play Leona. Easy mode. :D

Anyway, as I began making progress as I played more, I still wasn't good enough to carry in games that generally involed feeding, afking, trolling and just down right lack of Team Fighting capability.

Then things began to look up. In the last two weeks I've gotten away from playing Top lane. I've found that by the time Team fights have begun, the damage/feeding has already been done by your comrades and no matter how well you may have won your lane, it's not enough to carry and your team has generally given up morale-wise.

So, how to fix this? Play Mid/Adc or Jungle if you're good enough. I'm not good enough jungle so I can't comment on whether or not it might work but I feel like it could.

Anyway, so my mid plan is this. Pick Riven. She's been my most played champ since I started playing LoL. I've been able to take the champ knowledge I gained playing Top lane and bring it to Mid. Bronze players don't seem to expect a Riven Mid and wind up not even attempting to Counter pick against me. Their Top laner picks a Renek or Jax in the hope of countering me, and I wind up facing a Ziggs/Morgana/Other Squishy AP champ. It gives me a lane I can easily pick up an early kill in and push easily, and when I have breathing room I roam bot and get our ADC an early kill or two. This strategy alone has gotten me into B4 over the weekend.

And if I don't get to play Mid? I go ADC. Generally Jinx. Hadn't played her much before now but I've found her easy enough to pick up. People seem to fear her in lane. If you play super aggressive you can just push them to tower and out farm, then buy items and kill easily, providing your Supp has at least half a brain.

Oh, all that combined with extreme optimism. Not necessarily genuine optimism, because that's difficult at times. But optimism towards your team. Here's how my opening message to my team mates goes when we load in...

"Alright guys, let's get this done. I'll roam bot when I can. Jungle, keep an eye on top and gank when Renek pushes. Play defensive guys. And don't forget, wards and map awareness. We got this."

It's cheesy as **** but you'd be surprised how many times people actually listen to you if you spout this stuff. I go on to say things like "Damn, hard luck man." when a comrade dies. And they generally even mirror my optimism and fess up saying something like "Yeah that was my bad/mistake. Sorry" and then subsequently don't make the same mistake again. It's incredible. I guess it SOMETIMES pays to be nice.

Anyway, this has gotten into a rant.

TL;DR? Play mid/adc, have an early impact on your teams success, boost optimism where possible. You can't prevent AFK's/Trolls but you can do your best to prevent general negativity and lack of morale. Be a leader.

;)

I main support.
    'Push bot lane early to ensure level advantage'
    'omg noob thresh stealing cs report mi afk noob omg'

If you can't spell, or say noob, I wish bad things upon thee

I main support.

I had this yesterday in a normal game, I was playing blitzcrank...

the kog'maw I was in lane with tells me, blitz stay away from me and the minions cause your ulty passive is taking the CS. this of course, left Kog somewhat exposed and when he died... "omg blitz, why you standing away from me..... "

If you're a decent adc, fancy duoqueueing? I've nothing to lose any more.
    To be honest, blitz doesnt have any lane presence anyway, due to his huge mana costs and being melee. Thresh, leona and annie are beasts though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Rikand wrote: »
    I had this yesterday in a normal game, I was playing blitzcrank...

the kog'maw I was in lane with tells me, blitz stay away from me and the minions cause your ulty passive is taking the CS. this of course, left Kog somewhat exposed and when he died... "omg blitz, why you standing away from me..... "
    Well he was right and I'm sure there was a place you could stand that you were close to Kog but not to any low health minion.
    Now the Kog could be just a general whiner looking for something to blame besides himself but it's still a way you can improve.

And to echo the sentiments of previous posts if you want to climb the ladder, mid and jungle have the most influence on the game from the get go. Supporting below gold is a waste of time in my opinion if you want to climb. However if you're at your true elo and enjoy supporting then go for it.

I main support.

you shouldnt be csing though, just getting the minions lower quickly so the adc can last hit and push the wave faster? Is that what you meant?

you shouldnt be csing though, just getting the minions lower quickly so the adc can last hit and push the wave faster? Is that what you meant?

Yeah, thats what i meant, And while I understand when the support hits your cs it throws you off, it's like a bot lane RULE to push early and get ahead.

Yeah, thats what i meant, And while I understand when the support hits your cs it throws you off, it's like a bot lane RULE to push early and get ahead.

ok well totally agree with you then. You should always push the first wave to hit level two first and the support should be helping although not last hitting! Sounds like your adc didnt know what he was talking about.

If you're a decent adc, fancy duoqueueing? I've nothing to lose any more.
    To be honest, blitz doesnt have any lane presence anyway, due to his huge mana costs and being melee. Thresh, leona and annie are beasts though :D

I'm bronze 5, I'm pretty much below average at everything, lol :D Mainly play Cait or Ashe in botlane

Name is ' Rikand '.

I'm usually on in the evening for games, so add me and message me if you want to play. I'd be happy to :)

• Advertisement

ok well totally agree with you then. You should always push the first wave to hit level two first and the support should be helping although not last hitting! Sounds like your adc didnt know what he was talking about.

Just came out of a game where we won bot 3-0, and the ezreal that was 0-2 in lane came back and went, wait for it, 21-6..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Any of you play NA or is it all EUW ?

I feel better after reading your accounts. Yes swain and fiora were duo top in that game. I have no doubt I can raise my rank if I grind it out a bit. But my free time is best spend elsewhere. I have a group of friends, we play normals most nights and have a laugh win or lose.

I feel better after reading your accounts. Yes swain and fiora were duo top in that game. I have no doubt I can raise my rank if I grind it out a bit. But my free time is best spend elsewhere. I have a group of friends, we play normals most nights and have a laugh win or lose.

I have 1 friend on League. I'm so cool.
    I've taken to learning Zed, due to his ability to eliminate the squishy carry, which in low elo is sooooo strong.

Duo top, oh jebus. Thats level 5 tactics, how are these people in ranked?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I have 1 friend on League. I'm so cool.
    I've taken to learning Zed, due to his ability to eliminate the squishy carry, which in low elo is sooooo strong.

Zed just seems so meh at the moment. There are at least 10 assassins above him right now and 5 of them are Yasuo.

Kold wrote: »
    Zed just seems so meh at the moment. There are at least 10 assassins above him right now and 5 of them are Yasuo.

Zed is kinda like vayne. Risky to play, due to high skill cap, but he can get the assassin job done faster than any other imo.

I hate Leblanc, kha and don't own yasuo. Ahri is kinda meh after her nerf, and akali gets destroyed by any cc due to a lack of an escape :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Kold wrote: »

Zed is still strong. If you're not terrible at him hes pretty safe in lane and his all in is still one of best/safest for an assassin imo. Probably a little harder to play him at higher elo but most people suck at countering him i find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Champs like Kat and Kha do what Zed does but better. I feel Kat is nuts at the moment, she hits hard just like Zed but does AoE dmg and can reset on an assist and jump all over the place destroying stuff, just like Kha. Zed destroys a single squishy in a teamfight then doesn't do a whole lot more other than spam Q and W-E if your feeling safe.

That being said Zed for me is the most fun champ to play in the game and i will pick him over Kat/Kha/Yasuo on most occasions.. :D

Advertisement