Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I main Pantheon and I feel if you just want to straight up murder the carry he's not bad at it. Problem is that you're completely out of mana and behind enemy lines after.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Champs like Kat and Kha do what Zed does but better. I feel Kat is nuts at the moment, she hits hard just like Zed but does AoE dmg and can reset on an assist and jump all over the place destroying stuff, just like Kha. Zed destroys a single squishy in a teamfight then doesn't do a whole lot more other than spam Q and W-E if your feeling safe.

That being said Zed for me is the most fun champ to play in the game and i will pick him over Kat/Kha/Yasuo on most occasions.. :D

I wouldn't say Kat does zed's job better at all. People really underrate just how much aoe dmg zed does, especially at low elo's when everyone groups up like dopes. You can have zed + 2 shadows doing his aoe Q and E. His autoattacks hit quite hard too, especially with the passive and his Q/E is on a really short cooldown. Plus... he has a FAR superior laning phase to Kat.

You're not really giving the ability to destroy a squishy very fast enough credit, especially if he can still put out significant damage afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

Magill wrote: »
    I wouldn't say Kat does zed's job better at all. People really underrate just how much aoe dmg zed does, especially at low elo's when everyone groups up like dopes. You can have zed + 2 shadows doing his aoe Q and E. His autoattacks hit quite hard too, especially with the passive and his Q/E is on a really short cooldown. Plus... he has a FAR superior laning phase to Kat.

You're not really giving the ability to destroy a squishy very fast enough credit, especially if he can still put out significant damage afterwards.

In my elo (bronze 2), the carry is always left alone at the back, so I can ult them, they're dead, and I jump back to my R shadow to kill someone back in the fight. The thing about bronze is there will usually be one person carrying, and the ability to assassinate them instantly is invaluable.

Pity everyone throws

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Seaaan I think you need to give up support if you want to get out of Bronze, I know I'm going to! No matter how op Leona is atm, she can only do so if your adc isn't an utter moron. I'm only going to play support if I duo with an adc that I know is useful. I'm literally pinged out, most adc's at this elo have no map awareness even though there are wards, cant last hit for fudge, doesnt engage even though you target the adc and ult combo the adc... just continues to aa minions!! I had a jinx yeterday who tried to solo malphite even though malph was fed, she did this 5 times even though she was told not to! Ran into teams 1 vs 5, was trying to be at the front of a fight instead of the back. I have had it with bot lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

If you want to get out of bronze/silver, main adc or mid.

You have the most control over the game in these roles.

• Advertisement

Playboy wrote: »
    Seaaan I think you need to give up support if you want to get out of Bronze, I know I'm going to! No matter how op Leona is atm, she can only do so if your adc isn't an utter moron. I'm only going to play support if I duo with an adc that I know is useful. I'm literally pinged out, most adc's at this elo have no map awareness even though there are wards, cant last hit for fudge, doesnt engage even though you target the adc and ult combo the adc... just continues to aa minions!! I had a jinx yeterday who tried to solo malphite even though malph was fed, she did this 5 times even though she was told not to! Ran into teams 1 vs 5, was trying to be at the front of a fight instead of the back. I have had it with bot lane.

Check my match history. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Taylor365 wrote: »
    If you want to get out of bronze/silver, main adc or mid.

You have the most control over the game in these roles.

ADC doesn't become relevant until you have at least two items so about 20 minutes into the game on average. Games can be well beyond the point of recovery at this point. Also the ADC lanes in a lane where they rely on a team mate to not be bad.

Mid and jungle if you want to have the ability to pressure the whole map from as early as possible and you don't have anyone to rely on (or blame) but yourself.

Seifer wrote: »
    ADC doesn't become relevant until you have at least two items so about 20 minutes into the game on average. Games can be well beyond the point of recovery at this point. Also the ADC lanes in a lane where they rely on a team mate to not be bad.

Mid and jungle if you want to have the ability to pressure the whole map from as early as possible and you don't have anyone to rely on (or blame) but yourself.
    It worked for me in S2: silver to high gold. Only Ashe games.

You rely on team mates in every game regardless of lane.

Just lay down your plan: farm until jungler arrives, jump the adc if hes alone, etc. etc.

If support wants to die let him, doesn't mean you have to.

You won't miss much as bronze/silver enemies don't tend to freeze you out. Under tower you can get every single CS.

Late game ask supp or top to stay on you so u can deal damage to anyone who comes near you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

It worked for me in S2: silver to high gold. Only Ashe games.

You rely on team mates in every game regardless of lane.

Just lay down your plan: farm until jungler arrives, jump the adc if hes alone, etc. etc.

If support wants to die let him, doesn't mean you have to.

You won't miss much as bronze/silver enemies don't tend to freeze you out. Under tower you can get every single CS.

Late game ask supp or top to stay on you so u can deal damage to anyone who comes near you.
    Well done on your progress; you got better at the game :)
    That doesn't refute my point that ADC doesn't have an effect on anything but their own lane until mid-game. If your support is dying the enemy ADC is getting more gold than you and is going to be able to zone you as a result. Bronze and silver players don't CS particularly well under tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Guys, what is Hexakill?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Guys, what is Hexakill?

Temporary game mode. 6v6 on Summoners Rift.

A hexakill is when you kill the whole enemy team. Hexakill > Pentakill

Is it meant to replace Ranked?

(as in the future, obviously - i know it's temporary now)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Is it meant to replace Ranked?

(as in the future, obviously - i know it's temporary now)

No. Just another one of the Fun temp modes they're trying out. Ranked will probably always be 5v5.

Cool. Thanks

Currently 2-0 in my ranked placements. How many placement games are there again?

Currently 2-0 in my ranked placements. How many placement games are there again?

10. you'll get fked over anyway unless you were unranked last season

Seaaan wrote: »
    10. you'll get fked over anyway unless you were unranked last season
    Plat IV last season hoping for at least G1.

Anything lower and goodbye league. CBA climbing through $hit. :P

Plat IV last season hoping for at least G1.

Anything lower and goodbye league. CBA climbing through $hit. :P

You'll want 8 wins I'd say.. I went from Silver V to Bronze 3 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I got 5 wins in my placement, But still got stuck with bronze I

killanena wrote: »
    I got 5 wins in my placement, But still got stuck with bronze I
    Where were you last season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

5 wins, 5 losses and I got gold 1. Result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Where were you last season?

I hadn't played in nearly 2 years :p

killanena wrote: »
    I hadn't played in nearly 2 years :p
    AFAIK, it takes your last season score in to account so hopefully i don't slide THAT far :pac:

Just played a stupid game where they kept cc locking me as zed.. Then I come late to a single fight and get a penta and win the game! Oh, how volatile bronze elo is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Started playing on the Korean servers.

Every game....I mean EVERY game I've played...8 on Summoners vrs (people) at this stage.....has had AFKs or Rage quitters.
    Never seen anything like it....good thing I can't understand much of what they're saying.

I thought NA was bad....I was shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Started playing on the Korean servers.

Every game....I mean EVERY game I've played...8 on Summoners vrs (people) at this stage.....has had AFKs or Rage quitters.
    Never seen anything like it....good thing I can't understand much of what they're saying.

I thought NA was bad....I was shocked.

Wow didnt expect that. Had read on the LoL forums that Korean/Chinese players were generally more calm and team orientated than us western neanderthals.

Playboy wrote: »
    Wow didnt expect that. Had read on the LoL forums that Korean/Chinese players were generally more calm and team orientated than us western neanderthals.

It's awful...unbelievable.
    I've had a lvl 30 account on NA for a long time, and had a lvl 13 on Korea (recenly got a lvl 30 off a friend that I'm using...wanted to play ranked...as I live in Korea and last-hitting etc with 200+ ping from NA gets annoying sometimes)

I can understand some of what they say...but often if they go 0-2 in Top Lane for example...they'll just say Fck It...and leave...game over for them.

I'm Silver on US and the account my friend gave me in Korea is Bronze...but there is definitely a difference in skill and teamwork (when they don't rage).
    Also the CS difference is crazy, you'll see Bronze Koreans all with 60-80 CS by 10 mins...whereas in US Silver....40 is often the max you'd see.

The new "Team Building" thing is good though.
    I tried it last night on NA...and can say that it was one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had in LOL. Everyone was polite, friendly and wished each other GL at the start of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I've heard plenty of times in Korea if someone first bloods early or does something dumb, people will afk at fountain and won't come back. It's meant to happen at all elos too.

n1ck wrote: »
    I've heard plenty of times in Korea if someone first bloods early or does something dumb, people will afk at fountain and won't come back. It's meant to happen at all elos too.

Most of my students play LOL, and they'll happily point out people in class who are 'trolls'.
    I used to ask them what they meant....they'd say.....AFK AFK AFK ...Always AFK !

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Most of my students play LOL, and they'll happily point out people in class who are 'trolls'.
    I used to ask them what they meant....they'd say.....AFK AFK AFK ...Always AFK !

That's actually pretty cool how LoL is like GAA there..

Advertisement