Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Seaaan wrote: »
    That's actually pretty cool how LoL is like GAA there..

They love it, works well on introduction lessons too when they learn that I play it.
    I've been to an internet cafe (PC Bang) with them to play it before.
    PC Bangs are everywhere here....there is literally 1 on every street...and real high end machines too.
    It costs about 80c for an hours worth of gaming.

It's either LOL...or an FPS they all play here called Sudden Attack, and 1 or 2 play DOTA2

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

SeantheMan wrote: »
    They love it, works well on introduction lessons too when they learn that I play it.
    I've been to an internet cafe (PC Bang) with them to play it before.
    PC Bangs are everywhere here....there is literally 1 on every street...and real high end machines too.
    It costs about 80c for an hours worth of gaming.

It's either LOL...or an FPS they all play here called Sudden Attack, and 1 or 2 play DOTA2

Are the kids who don't play LoL bullied? Like the way you're like Hitler if you don't play GAA here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

I need to stop playing this game drunk........... -_-

I need to stop playing this game
    FTFY

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

F*cking 0 points in my division despite going positive with Vel'Koz in the previous 3 losses. Esteem was low, was 4th pick and 5th pick wanted to go Shyvana top. F*ck it I said, went Morgana support bot and fed the **** out of our Caitlyn (also got 2 kills myself). Mid was losing barely and top was losing too. Thing is, when the teamfights broke out, they were hard slogged but we were losing out. At about 30mins I realised that I hadn't even been near our Shyvana the whole game. Reason we were losing was because our tank was never in the f*cking fight. Now I'm division 2.

• Advertisement

Played a game today and my F1 wasn't working. Happening for anyone else?

TIL mine never works

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Went from Silver I down to Bronze II... 9 game ranked streak :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Slugs wrote: »
    Went from Silver I down to Bronze II... 9 game ranked streak :D

in your placement matches? 9 losses in a row. Wow thats tough :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

God the Koreans would drive you crazy !
    Played some games...got to my placement matches.
    First placement match out top goes 1-3 ...he DCs ...game over
    Next game, Mid goes 0-2 ...DCs

Placement series over because of 2 DCs, back to 63LP :(

• Advertisement

Just so you know this is a bug with the new patch.

In other news I got promoted to Silver III today after 5 game win streak with Tristana lel (ps: her Q change is awesome)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Playboy wrote: »
    in your placement matches? 9 losses in a row. Wow thats tough :(
    Ah... Pardon the confusion... This was after I had been placed in Silver I :).

In other news... Why is Kassadin still getting permabanned in Normal/Low ELO? I mean ya, he's still a threat, but only as much as any other snowballing/unchallenged champion - e.g. Nasus, Kha'zix, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭T L

In other news... Why is Kassadin still getting permabanned in Normal/Low ELO? I mean ya, he's still a threat, but only as much as any other snowballing/unchallenged champion - e.g. Nasus, Kha'zix, etc.

Because if I don't ban Kass (Silver V), then generally 1 or more of my team will start crying/flaming, and the team is already behind before we even leave champ select. Then in game, generally whoever ends up mid has a low level of experience playing against Kass, and so they do worse than if they were playing against someone they had a little bit more experience playing against.

Fun times :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

So you skipped complete divisions over a few losses?

Taylor365 wrote: »
    So you skipped complete divisions over a few losses?

Yes sounds very strange. I have never heard of someone dropping that quickly

Back to Gold 1 after 3 games. Lessons learned from that short relegation; Vel'Koz won't carry a struggling team but Udders can.

300066.jpg

Anyone want to duo a few games? Went off it for a while, but I'm back now, and never seem to have friends online. Currently playing jungle and support.(Bronze 1)

Anyone want to duo a few games? Went off it for a while, but I'm back now, and never seem to have friends online. Currently playing jungle and support.(Bronze 1)
    I would duo a game or 3. Few normals though to see where your skills are at :P

Prob be on Sunday. Add me - PersecuteThis

And like yourself, i've been giving it the cold shoulder meself.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    I would duo a game or 3. Few normals though to see where your skills are at :P

Prob be on Sunday. Add me - PersecuteThis

And like yourself, i've been giving it the cold shoulder meself.

I forgot I'm away for the next 5 days, but we'll play some other time. Don't even care if you don't want to play ranked, I'd just like to have some fun for once, instead of everyone taking it soooooo seriously. Seen you in Irish LoL chat a lot if I'm not mistaken

I forgot I'm away for the next 5 days, but we'll play some other time. Don't even care if you don't want to play ranked, I'd just like to have some fun for once, instead of everyone taking it soooooo seriously. Seen you in Irish LoL chat a lot if I'm not mistaken
    Aye.

A place to idle away the rainy days :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Kold wrote: »
    Back to Gold 1 after 3 games. Lessons learned from that short relegation; Vel'Koz won't carry a struggling team but Udders can.

300066.jpg

...struggling team?

Been playing on Garena for the past 7-8 months without actually knowing who I am playing with. I assume its Taiwan, Singapore and who else? OZ? China?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Feral Flame has turned the current jungle meta on its head! Its hilarious seeing Yi getting banned every game. I also picked up Aatrox again in the jungle. Don't really like the Feral Flame but its nice to play one of my fav champs again without feeling like i should have just picked something better. Just farm hard and build the stacks on flame then straight into a BotRK and you get a massive powerspike early-mid

Feral Flame has turned the current jungle meta on its head! Its hilarious seeing Yi getting banned every game. I also picked up Aatrox again in the jungle. Don't really like the Feral Flame but its nice to play one of my fav champs again without feeling like i should have just picked something better. Just farm hard and build the stacks on flame then straight into a BotRK and you get a massive powerspike early-mid

I think it's great. Riot need to do this more often to freshen up the game ad make sure the full champion pool get utilized rather than the same ol champs every game. From what I can see Yi, Xin, Noc and Jax all work really well with flare. You just need a smart team who dont overextend early game and are patient enough to wait for you to build and item and some stacks. Been trying it on YI a lot in Team builder and its great fun, havent taken him ranked yet but will soon. I'm a Jax main so will try him soon with the item although generally I'm not a big fan of Jax jungle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Been rocking Win Zhao since the flare came out; 5-0 in ranked with him so far. The attack speed quint buff really helps out the flare junglers too.
    Riot definitely seem to have done a better job this season of getting the game where they want it to be and removing a lot of pain points from previous seasons e.g. supports being boring, the ward system.

Seifer wrote: »
    Been rocking Win Zhao since the flare came out; 5-0 in ranked with him so far. The attack speed quint buff really helps out the flare junglers too.
    Riot definitely seem to have done a better job this season of getting the game where they want it to be and removing a lot of pain points from previous seasons e.g. supports being boring, the ward system.

I agree. I think the game is in a healthy place right now bar a couple of champs that need tweaking. Marksmen and Assassins are now where they should be, high risk and high reward, Tanks can actually tank without getting bursted down in a couple of seconds, supports now have a bigger impact in game and build in multiple ways (damage, utility, tank), many different jungle champs are viable (carry, assassin, tank).

Orizio wrote: »
    ...struggling team?

Been playing on Garena for the past 7-8 months without actually knowing who I am playing with. I assume its Taiwan, Singapore and who else? OZ? China?

Botlane were getting dumpstered and top was in the air. Camped mid so hard though that at points Annie was ganking top whilst I went bot.

Where are you?

My client is in Vietnamese so it's pretty easy to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

At the moment i feel like Spirit of the Elder Lizard needs a buff or just needs to be removed if Feral Flame stays in its current form. I can't even think of one champion that would benefit more from Elder Lizard over Feral Flare. Maybe Kha'zix?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

why is going afk during games a thing? as in "gg afk" after getting killed because they have retard charged down the map. is it so hard for Moba players to keep it together? I swear, between this and dota in the past ~2 years I have seen such a sharp, precise decline in player ability and mannerisms

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Kold wrote: »
    Botlane were getting dumpstered and top was in the air. Camped mid so hard though that at points Annie was ganking top whilst I went bot.

Where are you?

My client is in Vietnamese so it's pretty easy to know.

Singapore. I'm guessing from the names of other players, slang, grammar etc that its mainly Singaporeans, Taiwanese and Malaysian.

• Advertisement

BMMachine wrote: »
    why is going afk during games a thing? as in "gg afk" after getting killed because they have retard charged down the map. is it so hard for Moba players to keep it together? I swear, between this and dota in the past ~2 years I have seen such a sharp, precise decline in player ability and mannerisms

For me, its when mid lane feeds really hard pre-7 minutes so I tell them they're not getting blue. They then follow me to blue, help me kill it, try to outsmite me and fail. This results in them following me around the jungle and trying to take big creeps from me, and then they afk. I mute everyone in ranked usually.

Advertisement