Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

I think this sums up my ranked games. Note the lack of an adc, and the jarvan aatrox bot lane. Premades ruin games. They gave first blood in a matter of seconds, and lost the 2 turrets in 10 minutes. Ryze lost lane to a nasus which I don't even understand..

303490.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Xin win streak is still ticking along :D

ClzJzVD.png

He's stupid strong with flare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Made it to Silver at last after my long adventure in Bronze this season. Dropped from Silver to Bronze 3 due to some poor placement games this season. Dropped again all the way to Bronze 5 after a horrendous losing streak full of trolls, noobs and afk. Climbed my way back up bit by bit over the last couple of months playing 1-2 ranked games per evening.

From what i can see, silver 5 can be a similar level of hell to bronze and will take some patience to climb out of. Think the whole process has made me a better player though as you really need to try and lead your team to victory even if you aren't carrying in terms of kills. Bronze players do not know when to engage, when to do baron, when to push and when to defend, when to take drake, who to focus etc etc. You constantly have to reinforce the need to take objectives, I cant count the number of times when the team wins a team fight in mid/late game and then goes back to farming without taking any towers or when the team decides to do baron without clearing wards when the other team is alive and ahead. I think in the new meta the ability to get your team to make the right decisions at the right time is more important than getting fed and trying to carry solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Playboy wrote: »
    Made it to Silver at last after my long adventure in Bronze this season. Dropped from Silver to Bronze 3 due to some poor placement games this season. Dropped again all the way to Bronze 5 after a horrendous losing streak full of trolls, noobs and afk. Climbed my way back up bit by bit over the last couple of months playing 1-2 ranked games per evening.

From what i can see, silver 5 can be a similar level of hell to bronze and will take some patience to climb out of. Think the whole process has made me a better player though as you really need to try and lead your team to victory even if you aren't carrying in terms of kills. Bronze players do not know when to engage, when to do baron, when to push and when to defend, when to take drake, who to focus etc etc. You constantly have to reinforce the need to take objectives, I cant count the number of times when the team wins a team fight in mid/late game and then goes back to farming without taking any towers or when the team decides to do baron without clearing wards when the other team is alive and ahead. I think in the new meta the ability to get your team to make the right decisions at the right time is more important than getting fed and trying to carry solo.
    Just remember, especially in team based games, rank has nothing to do with individual skill.

You can do everything perfect and stay in silver for a long time.

• Advertisement

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Just remember, especially in team based games, rank has nothing to do with individual skill.

You can do everything perfect and stay in silver for a long time.
    That's just not true.
    If you do everything perfect you will rise incredibly quickly.
    If you think you are doing everything perfectly and are still stuck at whatever elo then you are not playing perfectly.
    It's easy to blame your team mates for every loss but if you want to improve you have to look at what you did wrong regardless of how they played.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Seifer wrote: »
    That's just not true.
    If you do everything perfect you will rise incredibly quickly.
    If you think you are doing everything perfectly and are still stuck at whatever elo then you are not playing perfectly.
    It's easy to blame your team mates for every loss but if you want to improve you have to look at what you did wrong regardless of how they played.
    I'd have to disagree.

You rise quickly if you play the game alot.

Yes i was stuck at plat IV last season and don't have the time to play every week this season so I'm unranked. I would need to devote ALOT of time to raise my game to diamond level.

Edit: Its always easy to blame the weakest link (aka teammates).

Taylor365 wrote: »
    I'd have to disagree.

You rise quickly if you play the game alot.

Yes i was stuck at plat IV last season and don't have the time to play every week this season so I'm unranked. I would need to devote ALOT of time to raise my game to diamond level.

Edit: Its always easy to blame the weakest link (aka teammates).
    Making the jump from plat to diamond is obviously going to be a lot harder; you're playing with the top 1-2% of players at that level.
    But you were talking about being stuck in silver. Getting out of silver does not require a lot of games if you are playing well.

It is always easy to blame your team mates but they are not always the weakest link on your team.

Making the jump from plat to diamond is obviously going to be a lot harder; you're playing with the top 1-2% of players at that level.
    But you were talking about being stuck in silver. Getting out of silver does not require a lot of games if you are playing well.

It is always easy to blame your team mates but they are not always the weakest link on your team.

1 in 3 games will be your teams fault, no doubt. Insane amount of toxicity and afkers. Mid will go afk if you don't give them blue buff.

Seaaan wrote: »
    1 in 3 games will be your teams fault, no doubt. Insane amount of toxicity and afkers. Mid will go afk if you don't give them blue buff.
    So 1 in 3 you lose because of your team. 1 in 3 you win because of the same toxicity on the enemy team. Leaving you with one game where you are in control to hard carry. A 67% win rate will see you fly up the ladder.

Obviously I'm being facetious but the point stands. There are 4 people on your team who can be toxic (assuming you yourself are not) but there are 5 on the enemy team so in the long what it comes down to is your skill.

• Advertisement

So 1 in 3 you lose because of your team. 1 in 3 you win because of the same toxicity on the enemy team. Leaving you with one game where you are in control to hard carry. A 67% win rate will see you fly up the ladder.

Obviously I'm being facetious but the point stands. There are 4 people on your team who can be toxic (assuming you yourself are not) but there are 5 on the enemy team so in the long what it comes down to is your skill.

You couldn't have explained ranked system better

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

But you can't really carry if you're a support, of if you get 5th pick and are left with a position that you can't play as well as others you main.

I was Bronze 3 a week ago on my KR account, went to Bronze 1...got to my qualification series.....had 2 afkers...so my series was fecked. Then went on an incredible losing streak, back down to Bronze 3.
    It's hard not being able to communicate with your team,

On NA account, down from Silver to Bronze 1 due to an awful run.

There is a HUGE difference in skill between KR and NA bronze/Silver though....I'll have to try get some concrete data...such as CS etc to give examples.

But lately I just play KR (even if it's harder, has more trolls/afks and communicating is harder) ...because the teamwork is much better , but also....because when I go onto NA....I'm likely to have a ping of 150-300. If I get 150 I'm happy...which shouldn't be the case for playing LOL...as I get a ping of 10 in KR....and it makes the game so much more enjoyable.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    But you can't really carry if you're a support, of if you get 5th pick and are left with a position that you can't play as well as others you main.
    Your solo queue rating is a measure of your skill in solo queue and that requires you to be able to play all roles. If you play ADC at a gold level but any time you are stuck top or mid you perform at a bronze level you'll probably end up somewhere in silver over all.
    Saying that, I find that often if I state "pref mid / jungle" at the start of champ select I end up getting one of the roles I prefer. Of course this doesn't always happen and I just have to play one of my weaker roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Did anyone get Curse Voice? Its supposed to work pretty damn well.

Be nice to be able to chat and communicate with teammates like in most games.

Id appreciate a key if anyone has one going ;)

Korvanica wrote: »

I think it's more the baron, dragon and ult timers that are causing a stir than the actual voice comms. Looks like Riot may be adding them to the game in future as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

The ult times on Friendlies I totally agree with.

I don't like the dragon/baron timers. I think stuff like that should be left to players as it adds more to do, which highers the skill caps etc. If that makes sense.

The ult times on Friendlies I totally agree with.

I don't like the dragon/baron timers. I think stuff like that should be left to players as it adds more to do, which highers the skill caps etc. If that makes sense.
    It's a slippery kind of issue. Riot are gonna publish guidelines in the near future for 3rd party app developers.
    The friendly ult timers are a convenience because anyone can type out asking an ally what the CD on their ult is; it's just clunky and horrible trying to tell the jungler that while you CS. Anyone on voice chat had an advantage here.
    Baron and dragon already give you the timestamp in chat; all you have to do is scroll up to it.
    However then it becomes an issue of where the line is? There are tools to tell you when to last hit which I completely disagree with but maybe others don't. Technically you have all the information available to know when to last hit so is this not the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Yeah I was unaware of most of the s4 changes. Got placed in Silver and rose to plat playing a couple of games each week. If you are better than silver players, you will get out pretty swiftly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

for the past month my ping shoots up to 160~ at 7.30pm and stays there until 11.30, I'm on eircom and it only happens in lol other games are fine, dont suppose anyone else is experiencing something similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

also found this thread while searching for a solution

http://community.eircom.net/t5/Broadband/internet-conection-too-slow/td-p/34412
    I'm a professional player of League of Legends, I have sponsors and I'm studying english in Ireland with the money that I earned playing this game.

wonder who its is oO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭En

for the past month my ping shoots up to 160~ at 7.30pm and stays there until 11.30, I'm on eircom and it only happens in lol other games are fine, dont suppose anyone else is experiencing something similar?

Exact same issue, even using WTFast doesn't help..

And then as soon as it hits 11.30 my ping goes back to 40~

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

How does this work, I can only think that if they implemented voice chat into game , that you would hear the actual raging, screaming and trolling as opposed to just reading it in chat.
    I can imagine my ears bleeding after hearing some 15 years olds screeching into their mics.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    How does this work, I can only think that if they implemented voice chat into game , that you would hear the actual raging, screaming and trolling as opposed to just reading it in chat.
    I can imagine my ears bleeding after hearing some 15 years olds screeching into their mics.

Razer Comms does the same job but without the jungle timers.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

sounds like cheating in my book

BMMachine wrote: »
    sounds like cheating in my book

Riot have confirmed its not breaking the rules

Riot have confirmed its not breaking the rules

yeah I know. just its third party software that provides an advantage others might not have. similar programs have been banned in other competitive games in the past

yeah I know. just its third party software that provides an advantage others might not have. similar programs have been banned in other competitive games in the past

I agree to an extent. I think they should add the functionality to the client to make it accessible for everybody.

And similar programs have remained unbanned in other competitive games e.g. WoW Arena.
    Teamspeak, Raidcall, etc. are all third party programs that provide a competitive advantage but you wouldn't ban anyone for using those.
    It's all very grey and will pretty much come down to where Riot decides to draw the line.
    I agree to an extent. I think they should add the functionality to the client to make it accessible for everybody.
    They have pretty much said they will be doing this.

timers on baron and jungle creeps sounds like a bit much to me. imagine if you were allowed the same in Quake with the armours. i know a few things like this have been banned in dota, such as a tool where you could see the range of all your spells and skill shots. in HoN i think a few were allowed and then banned

• Advertisement

timers on baron and jungle creeps sounds like a bit much to me. imagine if you were allowed the same in Quake with the armours. i know a few things like this have been banned in dota, such as a tool where you could see the range of all your spells and skill shots. in HoN i think a few were allowed and then banned
    Again, you already are told the times when baron/dragon die in chat so it really isn't that big of a deal.
    The above examples with HoN and DoTa are different and the equivalent are (and will continue to be) banned in LoL.

Advertisement