Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

KarmaBaby wrote: »
    Just played Enigma for the first time. For some reason he's a hero I've always ignored. My mates advised against rushing the blink dagger and going MEk then BKB. What a load of complete bull that was. There is no way in hell you shouldn't rush a blink on that hero.

No Starcraft 2 talk please, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

KarmaBaby wrote: »
    Just played Enigma for the first time. For some reason he's a hero I've always ignored. My mates advised against rushing the blink dagger and going MEk then BKB. What a load of complete bull that was. There is no way in hell you shouldn't rush a blink on that hero.

I lol'd

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭KarmaBaby

Orizio wrote: »

?

Ah Balls. Wrong thread.

Orizio wrote: »

Hahaha didn't realise it was you who commented. Wouldn't have expected any less from you!

Miss you <3

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

does anyone have the name of the chat room I cant seem to find it thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

irish lol

Sorry for double post but i'm sick and tired of Eircom between the hours 7-12. Can anyone else with the same issue please post in this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057209555

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Played 3 games yesterday and 3 losses.

Pretty large KDA and a Penta so happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Everytime I lose lately its due to a premade. Last game I had two Silver 5 players, first season ranked, very few ranked games, poor win/loss and KDA stats. Still manage to hold our own but one of the premade goes afk (randomly as he wasnt being flamed) and doesnt return until 2 mins from the end.

Matchmaking in low silver is really bad due to the amount of first season ranked stuck there who really should be in bronze. Honestly finding Silver 5 much worse than bronze. Trying to have a positive attitude and focus on learning only and trying to forget about league placement but it can be incredibly frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

Playboy wrote: »
    Everytime I lose lately its due to a premade. Last game I had two Silver 5 players, first season ranked, very few ranked games, poor win/loss and KDA stats. Still manage to hold our own but one of the premade goes afk (randomly as he wasnt being flamed) and doesnt return until 2 mins from the end.

Matchmaking in low silver is really bad due to the amount of first season ranked stuck there who really should be in bronze. Honestly finding Silver 5 much worse than bronze. Trying to have a positive attitude and focus on learning only and trying to forget about league placement but it can be incredibly frustrating.

yeah i got stuck in low silver for the guts of 200 games i personally found it a nightmare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Own 5 Panth skins already.... Not sure if that means I should or shouldn't get Dragon Slayer... That splash tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Kold wrote: »
    Own 5 Panth skins already.... Not sure if that means I should or shouldn't get Dragon Slayer... That splash tho...

Played a game just there and the Panth on my team had it. The animation and sound on the E is glorious!

I have all of Ashe's skins bar Heartbreaker and i can't even remember the last time i played her :S

Mother of god getting into ranked on Garena is a ****ing nightmare. I've been at level 24 for the past month.

Played a game just there and the Panth on my team had it. The animation and sound on the E is glorious!

I have all of Ashe's skins bar Heartbreaker and i can't even remember the last time i played her :S

Yeah, he's my number 1 champ for the last to seasons so I just picked it up. I've really been favouring Glaive Warrior though where the splash isn't all that but his glaive looks proper vicious.

Also, Orizio, what region Garena you on? Most of the ip costs are pretty high in the regions I've been on.

Also, Orizio, what region Garena you on? Most of the ip costs are pretty high in the regions I've been on.

Playing from Singapore.

Thing is it might just be all my imagination as I had a lot more free time to play in Ireland, over here I'm working and can play maybe 5 hours a week.

Same. I try to get my FWOD through aram most days but can play a couple of ranked if my net is ok and I've a day off.

What's the population of Singapore? Queue times are pretty long I'd imagine. What you doin out there?

Same. I try to get my FWOD through aram most days but can play a couple of ranked if my net is ok and I've a day off.

What's the population of Singapore? Queue times are pretty long I'd imagine. What you doin out there?

SP pop is roughly the same as Ireland, with about a hundredth of the land.

Teaching English. Came out here because my cousin was working for an American company, so he put me up.

The internet is too **** for me to play so I pretty much just play in the nearby internet cafe.

I'd say the English is better over there at least. If you're taking a laptop to the cafe I'd advise getting on a more populous server but you have to dl a new client for different regions.

Ah queue times are fine, maybe 1 minute to a minute and a half. ARAM queue is much much longer than Europe though.

Singaporean's English is pretty awful, but almost everyone is conversational.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Having some success with Miss Fortune. Won my last 4 out of 5 games with the one loss due to a support Leblanc that went 3/17/8 and the jungle AFKing.

Her Q is a nice poke but falls off late because of the cast animation but the W feels really strong now making her a decent dueler. Ult in teamfights is a nice "Get the **** outta here" for the enemy team while the rest of my team wails on them as they attempt to flee. Got my only penta with MF so she has a special place in my heart.

Roll on VU

• Advertisement

Yeah I had huge winrates with MF before they started giving new ADCs OP utility at no cost to dmg output. Basically at level 1 you went super aggressive with her W and you simply put out twice the dmg the other ADC could whilst atk moving to make sure they wouldn't even be in range to retaliate with your passive up.

Then Jinx and Lucian came out, and other ADCs with superior amplifiers and she just had nothing going for her to put her above others. Not entirely sure AP buffs were called for, possible just higher ad ratios.

I'm never quite sure what to make of AP ratios on ADCs. Sometimes I just wish Trist ult or Corki Q just scaled with AD.

LoL is on Garena now?!

BRINGS ME BACK TO MY OLD WARCRAFT DAYS

Yeah I had huge winrates with MF before they started giving new ADCs OP utility at no cost to dmg output. Basically at level 1 you went super aggressive with her W and you simply put out twice the dmg the other ADC could whilst atk moving to make sure they wouldn't even be in range to retaliate with your passive up.

Then Jinx and Lucian came out, and other ADCs with superior amplifiers and she just had nothing going for her to put her above others. Not entirely sure AP buffs were called for, possible just higher ad ratios.

I'm never quite sure what to make of AP ratios on ADCs. Sometimes I just wish Trist ult or Corki Q just scaled with AD.

MF is actually pretty strong right now, just her ult makes her immobile which is pretty ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

Hit silver 3 today, climbing slowly I guess. Normally I wouldn't mind playing thresh and shot calling etc. But I have a 40 game chat restriction :( Every 4 minutes, trying to fit in 4 minutes worth of advice/calls

Seaaan wrote: »
    Hit silver 3 today, climbing slowly I guess. Normally I wouldn't mind playing thresh and shot calling etc. But I have a 40 game chat restriction :( Every 4 minutes, trying to fit in 4 minutes worth of advice/calls
    Or 4 minutes of flame :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Seaaan wrote: »

and you have it why ?

To be fair, in the last month or two I mute everyone every game and barely speak, so it was a complete shock to get. Previously, when I was trapped in bronze 3 I'd voice my opinion occasionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Getting back into lol, starting with my placement for S4. Cannot wait to see where I get thrown haha.

I went 5-5 and placed Gold IV.

10 games 100 kills.

I'll prob stay there for the season :pac:

• Advertisement

Anyone want to duo with me, I'm silver 3 but I'm a support main. Sùpport

Advertisement