Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

Aatrox was never really weak though. He can be build with bork/last whisper/visage/randuins/mercs and maybe GA and be insanely effective in terms of damage and general nuisance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Play him Jungle sometimes, BOTRK is a must have on him. Love his versatility, but I never seem to have my Q when I pop my blood well :(

Watched some NA LCS last night... Jesus christ... Don't think I could stand watching it again, does anyone else want to smack the face off of Doublelift and Aphroomoo... Doublelift's Kog'maw comment/retort especially deserved a smack

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Why does no one play Trist anymore? I understand she struggles mid game and pushes the land hard but she has a great escape, can peel for herself and has great steroids and range late mid to late game. She also has huge kill potential at levels 2, 3 and 6 with an aggressive support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Orizio wrote: »
    Why does no one play Trist anymore? I understand she struggles mid game and pushes the land hard but she has a great escape, can peel for herself and has great steroids and range late mid to late game. She also has huge kill potential at levels 2, 3 and 6 with an aggressive support.
    She is played a lot.

Seems most ranked games I'm against her she dominates.

• Advertisement

My team's ADC mains Trist and she's getting some playtime on the pro-circuit. LMQ used her to perfection against Dignitas the other day - well worth checking out for the plays

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

You kidding me ? I've seen Trist in the majority of games the past week... sick of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Trist and kog are probably the top 2 picks for adc's from what I've seen the last few weeks no ?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Magill wrote: »
    Trist and kog are probably the top 2 picks for adc's from what I've seen the last few weeks no ?
    don't forget that Thresh Magill...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I have started banning Tristana. A jump that resets on assist/kill and a knockback on her ult with huge AA range in late game.

The reason i started to ban her was because i faced an AP Trist in top lane as Aatrox about a week ago. She would poke me with that dot and it would take about 40% of my HP off with a single application, pretty ****ing stupid. I could hardly farm all game and she came close to killing me once by jumping at me and ulting with her +150% AP scaling ult....only knocked me into stasis though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Slugs wrote: »
    Watched some NA LCS last night... Jesus christ... Don't think I could stand watching it again, does anyone else want to smack the face off of Doublelift and Aphroomoo... Doublelift's Kog'maw comment/retort especially deserved a smack

I just watch the highlights, great channel for it here http://www.youtube.com/user/LoLstatsGG

They do the highlights for all the European and NA LCS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Good to see Trist back in fashion then, always underrated, has a great skill set, great starter adc as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Tristana is a monster late game and has the longest range in the game.

She is a high priority pick in higher elos along with kogmaw. They are a little more squishy so I think people prefer the safety of Lucian or the range advantage of Cait.

Failed my gold promos with shock horror horrendous team mates but back up to 90LP and hopefully get back into promos tonight. Noticeable how the skill level drops when it comes to the weekend.

Jayce main experiment still going well. Seems every game I'm having major impacts. I run with the mentsility that I need to carry the game or else. So its a nice surprise when other lanes do the carrying but with Jayce I always seem to influence teamfights. And then the game. Very strong champion IMO.

Have resorted lately to be more passive in lane csing and NOT during as opposed to going for trades trying to nick a kill. Working out well enough so far.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Failed my gold promos with shock horror horrendous team mates but back up to 90LP and hopefully get back into promos tonight. Noticeable how the skill level drops when it comes to the weekend.

I've noticed the same as well though having said that, I'm down in Bronze, so any improvement on skill is immediately noticeable... I still shed tears when I see Katarina/Yi instalocks :'(

Had a game the other day where we had a Yi who was getting countered hard by an Evelynn, and was missing clear ganking opportunities that were instakills... Refused to move with team despite him being a carry and the rest actually having a decent TF comp... Through some miracle, despite this eijit's ****e, we actually pulled a win... two days later and I still have NO idea how we won that game.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Tristana is a monster late game and has the longest range in the game.

She is a high priority pick in higher elos along with kogmaw. They are a little more squishy so I think people prefer the safety of Lucian or the range advantage of Cait.

Jayce main experiment still going well. Seems every game I'm having major impacts. I run with the mentsility that I need to carry the game or else. So its a nice surprise when other lanes do the carrying but with Jayce I always seem to influence teamfights. And then the game. Very strong champion IMO.

Have resorted lately to be more passive in lane csing and NOT during as opposed to going for trades trying to nick a kill. Working out well enough so far.

I always thought Joyce biggest strength was poking hard then going all in on his opponent with his melee combo. Only time I ever played vs him was when I played Vi top and she ****s all over him. I have Jayce but I never actually played him. Might give him a go in team builder later today. Does he still buy tear on his first back?

I always thought Joyce biggest strength was poking hard then going all in on his opponent with his melee combo. Only time I ever played vs him was when I played Vi top and she ****s all over him. I have Jayce but I never actually played him. Might give him a go in team builder later today. Does he still buy tear on his first back?

That is his strength alright. I get off a W then Q/E combo ideally hitting bunched enemies...then I switch stance and do a melee combo on priority targets.

Then I peel,rinse repeat.

Yeah test first back ideal. But remember that you are squishy early on.

I normally go Tear>Boots>Brutaliser>Manamuna thingy>Last whisper >upgrade boots >Guardian angel > Muramana >Essence of the reaver.

But obviously that shifts around depending.

I typically start dorans blade and a pot.

Just played a team builder game as Jayce vs Renekton. Dominated early and was 3 kills up plus the second turret down. Finished the game 12/9/3 cause i kept pushing top recklessly :rolleyes: An unranked game is hard to judge how the champ is since i feel everyone isn't playing with 100% focus, i know i wasn't. I wouldn't push lane deep unwarded if i was in a ranked game, unless i was a fed Aatrox :D Plus it doesn't seem to match you up versus similiar ELO.

Fun champ to play and his melee combo is fun and rewarding to pull off, but i don't think i would take him to ranked. Not really my style of champion as a top laner.

Just played a team builder game as Jayce vs Renekton. Dominated early and was 3 kills up plus the second turret down. Finished the game 12/9/3 cause i kept pushing top recklessly :rolleyes: An unranked game is hard to judge how the champ is since i feel everyone isn't playing with 100% focus, i know i wasn't. I wouldn't push lane deep unwarded if i was in a ranked game, unless i was a fed Aatrox :D Plus it doesn't seem to match you up versus similiar ELO.

Fun champ to play and his melee combo is fun and rewarding to pull off, but i don't think i would take him to ranked. Not really my style of champion as a top laner.

I was playing mainly tanky/meta champions, have to say really taken a shine to him. Getting kills with him is outrageously rewarding

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

been floating around gold 3/4 for the last couple of weeks. ranked starting to lose its appeal when im stagnating so much. Most just arsing about in normals these days trying fun builds etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Finally broke away from Gold, but failed my first series for P4 >_<;

• Advertisement

Been rocking Karma mid for the last 4 games, all of which have been wins. Probably my favourite champ in the game. 40% CDR i feel is a must on her. I build Athene's into Morello's if the enemy comp is AP heavy or if i have some fear of my lane opponent. Otherwise i build Morello's into Rabadon's. Morello's is so cheap i hit a very high spike mid game. Shes such a lane bully. At 3 you can rush your opponent, tether them and when they are stunned unleash a mantra Q for a tonne of damage.

Built a Lichbane on her in my last game vs TF. I knew i could bully a TF out of lane and he would have to ult bot for kills, so Lichbane was just the thing to push down his tower fast. But the item itself felt somewhat lackluster on her as i feel she doesn't need the movement speed and there is no CDR on it.

I have considered building DFG on her. It would have to be rushed in lane as that's when it would have most effect since in teamfights getting to the back line isn't something Karma can do safely.

E - W - DFG - W stunproc - Mantra Q. Using W before the DFG would ensure that both hits of the Mantra Q would be under the effect of DFG.

blogboards

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

dying to get home to try out doom bots!

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

Just beat the level 5 doom bots. Strangely enough the had the greatest difficulty beating the level 1 bots but I think thats because by the time I unlocked level 5 people knew how to play versus them so I was matched up with 4 D1 players.

I wont put in any spoilers of how you can manipulate them for an easy win but it all starts in champ select and taking the correct summoner spells. If your team comp isnt correct you havnt got a hope after level 1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

A Lux got a pentakill in my doom bot game :(

Lost 1, Won 1

Just beat them on level 1 handy enough with Aatrox. Played level 2 and two players quit the game so it was a 3v5, we lost :P Level 5 unlocks even if you lose so i jump right into that with Zed and we won. No spoilers but let me just say Zed was a bad choice :P

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

Playing against Morgana made me really annoyed. Get hit by bs swirling snare? Eat another! Now have an ult too, but you can't cc me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Seaaan wrote: »
    Playing against Morgana made me really annoyed. Get hit by bs swirling snare? Eat another! Now have an ult too, but you can't cc me!

Yeah, same with Malzahar, soon as you see his screen filling pools appear you know your gonna be rooted and insta-death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Left my old school (Korean High School) and started at a new school (Elementary)

The kids asked me about games etc, and mentioned LOL.

Some of them are in Gold.....I can't make it out of silver..and there are 10yr olds in Gold. Depressing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

No doombots on VN server yet :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Anyone on UPC experiecing super high pings late at night? Probably serves me right for playing fro midnight to 3am but it's completely unplayable and I'm on the UPC 120mb package..

Advertisement