Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I dunno if I'm the only Irish person in Korea who plays LOL and visits boards....BUT...if there is anyone else out there.....tickets for the World Championships go on sale tomorrow :D
    They're cheap enough

http://ticket.interpark.com/Global/Play/Goods/GoodsInfo.asp?GoodsCode=14008893&TabNum=2&Kind=

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I live in VN... I could go over but it would be such a nerdy holiday that I'd need to lie to my mates xD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

If it was a month later...

Got my tickets for the final and semi final today, paid for up the front seats for both venues....they weren't that expensive.

Lots of stuff happening pre and post event too. I'll try get some pics of the hot ones :cool:

Hopefully the semi/finalists are decent...well..obviously they will be as they'll probably deserve to be there....but I mean....SKT T1 are my team, but they're not even in it....so hopefully a Korean team makes it to the end so there'll be some atmosphere.

I can't see there being much cheering if it's 2 foreign(outside Korea) teams in the final

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, whats with dowload speeds today? My whole Lol got fecked for some reason so I tried to download a fresh client. 33mb in about 25minutes... now it is updating at 40kb/s. I got 100mbit internet and all speed tests are fine. Clearly its Riot issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Got my tickets for the final and semi final today, paid for up the front seats for both venues....they weren't that expensive.

Lots of stuff happening pre and post event too. I'll try get some pics of the hot ones :cool:

Hopefully the semi/finalists are decent...well..obviously they will be as they'll probably deserve to be there....but I mean....SKT T1 are my team, but they're not even in it....so hopefully a Korean team makes it to the end so there'll be some atmosphere.

I can't see there being much cheering if it's 2 foreign(outside Korea) teams in the final

I'd be more surprised if it wasn't 2 Korean Teams in the final

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

have you tried swapping to NA instead of EUW for the download? Always makes a difference for me while patching

I'd be more surprised if it wasn't 2 Korean Teams in the final

Might be surprised.

On a seperate note...does anyone know of anywhere....aside from having a subcription on Twitch, where you can watch the Korean LOL games with the English commentary.
    I can easily find the Korean commentary ones, but can only understand some of what they say....I'd much prefer the English obviously.

There used to be 1 or 2 Youtube channels who did them, but they seemed to have stopped for some reason.

LOLStatsGG is great for Highlights of all the European and NA games, but they don't do the Korean ones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Might be surprised.

On a seperate note...does anyone know of anywhere....aside from having a subcription on Twitch, where you can watch the Korean LOL games with the English commentary.
    I can easily find the Korean commentary ones, but can only understand some of what they say....I'd much prefer the English obviously.

the ogn games were streamed on dailymotion
    http://www.dailymotion.com/ongamenet

as for vods if you paste the twitch url into NO PIRATING WEBSITES ALLOWED you can watch it for free! ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I've snipped that URL, it contains pirated games so we can't include it in the thread.

Carry on!

• Advertisement

Those new character texture updates.....they look terrible. I know they are trying to to make them fit with the new SR update but it looks like they really rushed some of them. Its like they have been stripped of life and been saturated with a high white contrast. Riot pls

newbase.jpg

newnauut.jpg

newxer1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

They can't please everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Won my last 5 ranked games, I dunno what's going on :o

So Worlds started yesterday :)

Watched all the games live here as it's perfect time in Asia :D
    Samsung White looked the business, their 2nd game halfway through you could see they were just messing around.

Most enjoyable game to watch from Day1 if you're gonna watch any.....SHR vrs OMG

Insec was godly on Rengar !! :D

The minigame they have where users submit verbs, adjectives is cringeworthy though

OMG didn't play yesterday, and who are SHR? :pac:

Only one game was competitive and that was TPA vs SRC which was enjoyable to watch if only to see TPA throw. A game they really should have won even right up to the last fight at Baron. Bebe flashing into the Baron pit among 3-4 SRC members :eek: Why? Highlight so far was when Winds on Lee Sin kicked Ori directly towards Bebe who used Da Culling to kill Ori before she hit the ground. Some Matrix **** right there.

TSM got rekt by SRC. Bjerg picking Zed into Zilean and giving up Tristana sealed their fate in the picks and bans. Bjerg was such a non factor in that game, farmed mid all day then did nothing at all with the farm as it was already to late when Insec rekt bot lane.

They also need to delete Tristana from the game. Character has no weakness at all

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AndOne

General

Bebe flashing into the Baron pit among 3-4 SRC members Why?

I know right!! the casters didnt even mention it either -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

TPA vs SKA Gaming best game of the tournament so far. Went back and forth so many times with SK throwing in the end with a poor Baron

Freddy is awesome on Mundo

Playboy wrote: »
    Freddy is awesome on Mundo

Agreed. I feel like Freddy is a tier above the rest of the players on his team. The fact that all bans are targeting him alone including an Aatrox ban every game is testament to that.

• Advertisement

Penta for Imp on Vayne. Poor Dark Passage totally outclassed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

OMG didn't play yesterday, and who are SHR? :pac:

Only one game was competitive and that was TPA vs SRC which was enjoyable to watch if only to see TPA throw.

SHRC* :D

Groups A + B really are the least interesting for me, especially with the whole SK/Svenskeren drama. No real point watching group A outside of the SSW + EDG games, AHQ + DP are terrible.

Group B is wierd, TSM looked really strong in their 2 wins, albeit one of them was verse a weakened SK, and terrible vs SHRC.... On the other hand SHRC did not look good at all vs SK or TPA. I reckon a better pick/ban next game and TSM could potentially beat them.

All about the last 2 groups though, gonna be some great games. Hopefully Alliance and Fnatic show up, sick of this Korean dominance so would love an upset or two.

Why did I say OMG haha, I meant TSM :P

Looking forward to the rematch, starts in 1 hour from now :D

I'm on an eleven game losing streak at the moment. Dropped from 98LP in Gold 1 to Gold 3 in my last game just now. I'm playing well, not feeding atleast and in some games winning my lane bar the last one where i took the new rework Soraka bot :rolleyes:

I really don't see what i can do :( Queuing for another game now. Surly i gotta win at some stage....right......RIGHT?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

I'm on an eleven game losing streak at the moment. Dropped from 98LP in Gold 1 to Gold 3 in my last game just now. I'm playing well, not feeding atleast and in some games winning my lane bar the last one where i took the new rework Soraka bot :rolleyes:

I really don't see what i can do :( Queuing for another game now. Surly i gotta win at some stage....right......RIGHT?
    You're probably on tilt if you're resorting to trying out reworked champs on their release; probably best to take a break.

Watched the Alliance vs. Cloud 9 game at lunch; waste of a lunch break :mad:

Seifer wrote: »
    You're probably on tilt if you're resorting to trying out reworked champs on their release; probably best to take a break.

Watched the Alliance vs. Cloud 9 game at lunch; waste of a lunch break :mad:

Nah it was over the course of the last 3 days, and i'm playing well, so i dont think im on tilt. The Soraka game was my first game today so tbh i wasnt angry and didnt give a **** tbh.

Alliance vs C9 was terrible. Boring right through then C9 win after 1 TF, ZZZZ

-Edit- Lost my 12th game :D Atleast this time it was a close game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

In Plat IV and getting alot of people who appear to have no clue what they're doing.

Not sure what's going on. Ebayers or people just take a looong break once they hit plat and come back like a wet sandwich.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    like a wet sandwich.

lol :pac:

Back from work and watching the highlights of the EU games. Poor Fnatic :( Seeing EU teams beat the asian teams warms my heart! There is hope yet. I feel Fnatic where robbed with the bug, they would have won otherwise. Should be some intense games tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

FNC weren't robbed, everyone is aware of that 'bug', they should have been as well. Ultimately they made some awful mistakes in the last few minutes that lost them the game.

Just saw Wings pla Viktor on PBE. Dear god, the damage was insane, guaranteed to be nerfed.

Advertisement