Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Seaaan wrote: »
    So dfg is being removed, I wonder how that'll work out..

I have only ever really used it on Lissandra so i can't say ill miss it. But apparently Blizzard said with removing it they can buff champs that rely on it to get their job done. Like Ahri.

At least we will see the end of the cancer that is DFG Veigar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I have only ever really used it on Lissandra so i can't say ill miss it. But apparently Blizzard said with removing it they can buff champs that rely on it to get their job done. Like Ahri.

At least we will see the end of the cancer that is DFG Veigar.

Dirty wow player :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Well my 0-100 Annie is doomed so :/

Are they removing completely or creating a similar nerfed item?

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

Taylor365 wrote: »

Apparently buffing assassins kits so they're not all based around this item or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Apparently buffing assassins kits so they're not all based around this item or something like that

I play annie, but don't use DFG very often. Usually go Rod of Ages, Zhonya's and Rabadon's. Then Rylai's for more tank.

The extra HP buffer allows me to get two rounds of spells off in a team fight and to go toe to toe with bruisers.

Will annie be getting these buffs?

• Advertisement

0-100? Is Annie a healer with a revive spell now? :)

0-100? Is Annie a healer with a revive spell now? :)
    :pac:

That's in MPH!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

:pac:

That's in MPH!

MS Annie OP :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Korvanica wrote: »
    MS Annie OP :pac:

Don't diss the MS quinns!

2015 Worlds are being held in Europe !

Awesome news, I'll defo be attending some of it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Promo games for new season: Won - 7, Lost - 3

Placed in Bronze IV \o/

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Promo games for new season: Won - 7, Lost - 3

Placed in Bronze IV \o/

Holy **** that's bad. Even if you where Bronze V last year that's very bad. Must be some kind of problem here

-Edit-
    Also LCS
    A pretty much brand new team of Fnatic destroy a Rekkles empowered Elements team :O

Holy **** that's bad. Even if you where Bronze V last year that's very bad. Must be some kind of problem here

I once reached Bronze II :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Yay spoilers..... use the fucking tags for christ sake.

n1ck wrote: »
    Yay spoilers..... use the fucking tags for christ sake.

My bad

Spoilers:
    All aboard the UOL hype love train ! Brilliant. :D

How are the placements going lads? Just finished my last one there and went 4-6 for the series. Placed Silver 2 and finished Gold 2 or 3 last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Everyone is being placed a few league below their previous season by default.
    Which is why I don't understand the point of placements, they should have just kept everyone in the same league
    we’re again running a soft reset to player position with the start of the ranked season, meaning you’ll likely place lower than where you ended the previous season.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/competitive/get-ready-2015-ranked-season

Got my second ranked Penta with Cassiopeia last night. Still lost the game though since my team was ****. Hah

Got my second ranked Penta with Cassiopeia last night. Still lost the game though since my team was ****. Hah
    Ah! League at its most graceful....

I used to focus on KDA until eventualities came to fruition.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Went 5/5 and got Silver IV .. was silver III last season so not unhappy.

Played Malphite top last night for the first time in ages. Forgot how much fun he is. Was against a Garen. After my first back I was 20 cs up and he could no longer damage me. :D Managed to wreck the enemy AD in every fight too. Just one of those games where everything went right !

Could never get around to liking Malphite. I think leveling is Q is the way to go but it's so mana hungry. Then I tried leveling his W and built AD because I was versus a Basis but I couldn't prevent him from farming. What do you do against high sustain opponent.

My top lane is so bad. Aatrox is pretty much my only comfort pick

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Paul.k.b.90

went 7/3 in placements and moved from gold 4 to gold 2.cant complain.. need to duke it out with guys in plat 4/3 atm till my MMR is lowered a bit and then the climb begins haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Could never get around to liking Malphite. I think leveling is Q is the way to go but it's so mana hungry. Then I tried leveling his W and built AD because I was versus a Basis but I couldn't prevent him from farming. What do you do against high sustain opponent.

My top lane is so bad. Aatrox is pretty much my only comfort pick

I find a malph lane really boring. He is good vs certain champs like Jax in lane but he doesnt really come into his own until mid/late game when he gets super tanky and has probably the best engage in the game.

I dont really play a lot of top anymore but when I do I use Trundle. I have good success with him against traditional top laners. Sometimes I leave Jax open on purpose hoping that the other team will lock him so I can go Trundle vs him. Panth is sitll a very safe pick against most other top laners and he can roam lots too and help snowball mid.

Malphite is my favourite top laner

Trinity Force, Frozen Heart, Sunfire Cape, Abyssal/Spirit Visage, Warmogs/Thornmail, he's a hard hitting monster! He can easily handle a Jax, Irelia, Riven, Fiora all game long.

I see Malphite support a lot, it never works

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

I'd advise not playing ranked at the moment.. Just lost a game because Mundo Q/Cait Q/Blitz Q were all invisible or partially invisible..

I'd advise not playing ranked at the moment.. Just lost a game because Mundo Q/Cait Q/Blitz Q were all invisible or partially invisible..

Or play ranked with cait blitz & mundo on the same team. Freelo. :cool:

Currently 4/4 in placements :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

4-4 in placements.

About 15/20 minutes into the 9th game (which my team was handily winning) it appears I'm lagging out. After about 20 seconds I reconnect and see everyone else doing similar; apparently everyone got kicked. Game plays out normally from there and we win.
    End game stats won't show up but no big surprise there. I relog because it says I'm disconnected from PvP.net. Greeted with a reconnect to game screen. Clicking it obviously does nothing because the game is over. That stays there for about two hours until finally I relog to find no trace of the game I won and still at 4-4.

Yay Riot :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

My friend who was Gold last season got placed in Silver 2, tells me it's currently full of High Golds and Plats trying to climb back up.

Is it worth taking a little break from ranked till all the leagues sort themselves out, as everyone got dropped a few...the lower leagues have higher ELO players......which is worse the lower you are :P

I got dumped in B5 this season, so the climb can't possibly be any harder. It's no incentive to play at all.
    However I've quickly climbed up to B3....gettin 30+ LP for a win, my only losses on the way have been placement matches.
    At B3 level now there are Golds, High Silvers who obviously got thrown into Bronze too.

Last season my favourite position was support, I love Thresh. But I am dependant also on my ADC and the rest of the team, and no matter how well I ward or set up a kill...if the jungler or ADC doesn't take advantage of the advantages I provided...then it's useless.

For that reason I've taken to maining Top and Jungle this season, which is probably the reason I've been able to climb so quickly....and it's enjoyable too.
    Because I can measure my game and progress vrs my opponent in lane

Advertisement