Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

SeantheMan wrote: »

For that reason I've taken to maining Top and Jungle this season

I'm maining jungle and mid this season. I find top, adc and supp are to dependent on the rest of the team, which is a sad fact. As an ADC you're reliant on the supp and vice versa. That's why when i play as ADC i tend to pick a scaling monster like Jinx or Vayne and just tell my supp to play safe and hope he does. Top is another story. Being able to win lane is fine and all but i have so little influence on the rest of the map its tough. Even if i take TP in lane and **** is going down near dragon and i ping that ill TP down my team just dont pick up on anything at all.

As a jungle i can apply pressure to any part of the map i want. Its great. And as a mid i can either win my lane and get ahead or roam bot or top with ease. Its great :pac:

After 22 games this season excluding placements im still sitting in the same league i got placed. Silver II

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I think ADC and MID are key to success. You can turn the tide of the game while also destroying your team chances in 1 team fight!

I try not to leave these roles to chance.

Jungle can be forked by his own teammates.
    Top is an island in itself.
    Supp, you're at the mercy of your team really. I've stolen dragons/fed our ADC/0 deaths etc. Still means nothing if your team suck.

Been off league since s4 finished so might jump back on in a few months :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Seifer wrote: »
    4-4 in placements.

About 15/20 minutes into the 9th game (which my team was handily winning) it appears I'm lagging out. After about 20 seconds I reconnect and see everyone else doing similar; apparently everyone got kicked. Game plays out normally from there and we win.
    End game stats won't show up but no big surprise there. I relog because it says I'm disconnected from PvP.net. Greeted with a reconnect to game screen. Clicking it obviously does nothing because the game is over. That stays there for about two hours until finally I relog to find no trace of the game I won and still at 4-4.

Yay Riot :rolleyes:

You'd be delighted if you lost and the game was non existent afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

n1ck wrote: »
    You'd be delighted if you lost and the game was non existent afterwards.

But I won so I'm not.

But I won so I'm not.

So put yourself in the other shoes and stop moaning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

So put yourself in the other shoes and stop moaning.

Or how about I post on the League of Legends general chat thread about something that happened to me in League of Legends and if you've nothing interesting to say about it you resist hitting that reply button to post inane, obvious statements?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

But I won so I'm not.

The other team are :D

Decided i'd fill for my placements. Went 4-6. Bronze 1. Played ****e most games. Interestingly enough 3 of my 4 wins were Rammus jungle.

Placed bronze 3 last year and never played ranked until the last week to get into Silver 5 for the reward.

This year I've decided to only play ranked so it'll be interesting to see where I end up. Silver 4 here i come :D

Or how about I post on the League of Legends general chat thread about something that happened to me in League of Legends and if you've nothing interesting to say about it you resist hitting that reply button to post inane, obvious statements?

People like you need to be told to stop moaning.

I've been playing my placements but I haven't played in months so I've been playing support because my mechanics are ****e! I was plat 5, expecting to get placed mid silver because I butchered my MMR at the end of season 4. :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Guys please stop the bickering and keep on topic, instead of making sniding remarks at one another.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

People like you need to be told to stop moaning.

I've been playing my placements but I haven't played in months so I've been playing support because my mechanics are ****e! I was plat 5, expecting to get placed mid silver because I butchered my MMR at the end of season 4. :(

Why dont you leave the aggro in game where it belongs. No need for it here mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

DJ Sona :O

Probably the coolest skin for any game I have ever seen !!

I never played Udyr before i bought his ultimate skin, and then he became one of my mains in S3. Played rework Sona twice so far. She wouldn't be one of my go-to supports and there is no way i would pick her in ranked but i think i may have to get this skin. Only if it gets the price reduction that Udyr got for the first week. No worth 3250 RP imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

No *skin* is worth 20 euro !!

In most pre-game lobbies i would ask for Jung/Mid>>>>>>>>Everything else and in most cases would get to Jungle or Mid. But recently stopped asking for it and would fill in most cases or pick whatever i felt like from what options was left. Went on a 18 game win streak :pac: Streak ended today with a single loss but won another two after that loss.

Also picked up Sion top. Played him mostly in the jungle but went top with him on a whim. **** me he is strong. Maxxing E first gives him insane poke that comes out so so fast for high damage and low mana cost.

In most pre-game lobbies i would ask for Jung/Mid>>>>>>>>Everything else and in most cases would get to Jungle or Mid. But recently stopped asking for it and would fill in most cases or pick whatever i felt like from what options was left. Went on a 18 game win streak :pac: Streak ended today with a single loss but won another two after that loss.

Also picked up Sion top. Played him mostly in the jungle but went top with him on a whim. **** me he is strong. Maxxing E first gives him insane poke that comes out so so fast for high damage and low mana cost.

Do you build him full tank?

Playboy wrote: »

No. I'm 5-1 with him in ranked so far with the one loss came from me bringing him bot as a support because of troll picks in the lobby.

The 5 times i took him top i pretty much won my lane, if not in kills but in CS for sure since i would bring them so low from E poke they would have to keep distance or back. In all 5 games i bought a Black Cleaver just so they fear my damage in a team fight instead of being just a tank trying to disrupt ****. Bought a Hexdrinker in a game where the enemy had double AP. In most cases i try to take items that have HP. Randuins, Warmogs, Sunfire, Cleaver...

Also, why is Gnar a thing? I laned top versus him for the first time today as Renekton. Haven't played Renek in some time but just wanted to try him out. Everytime i dashed to Gnar he would just jump away, and his jump had a shorter CD than my E. **** me was it frustrating. Then by about level 8-10 i can't do do **** cause he built tanky and still does **** loads of damage with his free Vayne AA stacks and Mega Gnar which also does stupid damage.

**** me i haven't been this frustrated in a 1v1 lane in a long time. Trying to think of what top champs i play that would shut him down in lane. Fiora, Lissandra, maybe Kayle. Thats about it. Maybe an ADC like Vayne or Quinn.

Guy made a great video about Sion and how to play him.
    He went from unranked to challenger with Sion Top
    His explanations about how to play him are very good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

I got fed up playing support only for the ADC to get caught/not engage in more than 50% of my games. Started playing Sion up top and having much more fun!

In my unranked ELO its quite easy to steal their buff, die and tp back to lane level 2, plenty of pots and red buff!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Went 21/1 yesterday on Annie.

Can't 0-100mph tanks without the DFG though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Won a game as Morgana jungle :P

Guy who was last pick was supposed to go jungle but raged and went Katarina mid, I volunteered to take smite and jungle

Tough few first minutes, but once you build AP and tear, she has amazing clear speed and her ganks are lethal if you land the bind!!

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Won a game as Morgana jungle :P

Guy who was last pick was supposed to go jungle but raged and went Katarina mid, I volunteered to take smite and jungle

Tough few first minutes, but once you build AP and tear, she has amazing clear speed and her ganks are lethal if you land the bind!!

Once you learn where to pull the jungle mobs to so they soft reset, most ranged champions can clear and with her spell vamp once she gets some AP she has really nice sustain.

Once you learn where to pull the jungle mobs to so they soft reset, most ranged champions can clear and with her spell vamp once she gets some AP she has really nice sustain.

Didn't that get a pretty hard nerf in 5.1 making picks like TF and Twitch unviable? Something to do with reducing the number of soft leashes before a hard reset

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Didn't that get a pretty hard nerf in 5.1 making picks like TF and Twitch unviable? Something to do with reducing the number of soft leashes before a hard reset
    yup 5 soft leashes is a hard reset now iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Paul.k.b.90

yeah 5 resets now before it hard resets...Jungle right now is easily the most difficult role i think..rarely get a gank off before backing which is kinda annoying if you play aggressive..makes u need to pick some what farming style champs or point and click CC champs..

Vi and J4 are very strong at the moment. They can clear jungle and gank after. Just ban both of them and you get a free win cause the enemy jungler will struggle with any other jungler :P

My mistake, shows how much I pay attention to patch notes!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hey guys MOBA newbie here.
    Ive played a handful of lol games in the past but never stuck with the game.
    Recently ive got into Heroes of the Storm and really enjoying it.
    Its insanely addictive and a good introduction to the MOBA scene.
    Ive also played smite and enjoyed it just not as much as HOTS.
    Since ive dipped the toe in so to speak im keen to attempt to get into lol or dota but i hear lol would be easier to get in to?
    Of the free characters with lol are there any recommended characters to play with to learn the ropes?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 msowa

Hi Guys, I was in the Woolshed (Dublin) last firday and I noticed that there was a huge screen with LoL on one of the walls - is that one-off thing or actually there's a spot where you can watch LOL / DOTA ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Paul.k.b.90

its the guys part of the Irish league group on FB.. they organise viewing parties every little while Just search "this is irish league of legends" on FB.. has a bout 2500 members.

Advertisement