Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Finished 10 Placement games there. Won 6 lost 4. Back down to Gold 4....

74/10/65

13 Double Kills
    3 Triple
    1900 minions slain...poor guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Dcully wrote: »
    Hey guys MOBA newbie here.
    Ive played a handful of lol games in the past but never stuck with the game.
    Recently ive got into Heroes of the Storm and really enjoying it.
    Its insanely addictive and a good introduction to the MOBA scene.
    Ive also played smite and enjoyed it just not as much as HOTS.
    Since ive dipped the toe in so to speak im keen to attempt to get into lol or dota but i hear lol would be easier to get in to?
    Of the free characters with lol are there any recommended characters to play with to learn the ropes?

The thing with LoL at low levels is that alot of the games are gonna be full of smurfs and it can be off-putting for new players trying to get into the game. So be prepared to be frustrated, often. Another thing is picking champions that are meta for certain lanes. I'm not a meta sheep but alot of people are and there can be toxic players because you didn't pick a certain character for a certain lane. I think Smite is just like LoL in that aspect with a jungle, 2 solo lanes and a duo lane.

The free characters change each week. Of the rotation for this week i would recommend Aatrox, Wukong or Ezrael. Aatrox being not so mechanically difficult to play and Wukong being a point and click champ with no skill shots. Ezrael just because he is a safe pick with an escape on his E.

Of the cheaper characters that can be bought with game currency i suggest Annie, Kayle, Sivir and Warwick. All easy to play, can be bought with game currency after about 5 games and all being in, or just outside the "meta" at the moment.

Just played a normal and instalocked Sona. Didn't get the reaction i wanted :( They said nothing at all. Then in the game i didn't actually have the ultimate skin cause i didn't buy it. Still no reaction :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

The thing with LoL at low levels is that alot of the games are gonna be full of smurfs and it can be off-putting for new players trying to get into the game. So be prepared to be frustrated, often. Another thing is picking champions that are meta for certain lanes. I'm not a meta sheep but alot of people are and there can be toxic players because you didn't pick a certain character for a certain lane.

Eh people massively over-rate the amount of smurfs playing lower leagues. Being fed doesn't equal someone being a smurf, and a silver/gold playing bronze isn't necessarily going to play well.

Morever you don't play ranked if you don't have at least a basic understanding of the meta. Norms is whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Yea play Normals for a while after reaching level 30, and teambuilder if you wanna practice a specific champ/role.

When someone is fed in lower elo, as mentioned, it doesn't mean they're a smurf, usually in lower elos, people cannot deal with a fed champ (focus/save cc for them etc) and it snowballs out of control.

If someone says they're a smurf and calls mid/top or whatever, **** them, if they're really a smurf they will be able to carry from any position.

• Advertisement

I'm not talking about smurfing in lower ELO. I'm talking about smurfing at lower levels, 1-29. I have made a smurf account and leveled it to 17 and the amount of smurf players at 1-10 is high. If you're brand new to the game and your getting stomped in lane by that Riven and Zed it would be off putting, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I started a new account on the EUNE server, 50% of people are smurfs using Master Yi to stomp :P

It can be very off putting to new players, the toxicity is really bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I started a new account on the EUNE server, 50% of people are smurfs using Master Yi to stomp :P

It can be very off putting to new players, the toxicity is really bad

I think matchmaking picks up pretty quick on who and who isnt a smurf. If you are a genuine new player you will likely get matched against other new players and if a smurf you will get matched against other smurfs. I leveled a second account to 30 because a friend started the game and I wanted to play with him. Games for the most part were far tougher than normals on my main account

After months of teambuilder simply not working for me its finally working again ! Yaay ! Its nice to be able to play what I want with a team of people who are playing what they want. Atmosphere is much better than all other queues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Interesting direction from Riot: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/features/team-and-earn-party-rewards

Really trying to push the playing with friends angle. Gonna get a lot more people randomly adding after a game you do well in to queue for the next :p

• Advertisement

Yea its pretty cool. Fingers crossed for the x16 bonus IP !

Feel free to add me and fire me invites. I'll play anything these days. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

anyone experiencing lag spikes while their ping is fine lately? (can only assume packet loss)

fyi on eircom

Please ban Maokai and Lulu from LCS :(

They make the games so boring

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Paul.k.b.90

HAHA lulu yes. I dont mind maokai so much.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Please ban Maokai and Lulu from LCS :(

They make the games so boring

I have started banning Graves. He is pretty much the premier ADC at the moment. Hes not overpowered in the grand scheme of the game itself, but there is no reason to pick any other ACD when he does everything. I'm just fed up to see him in every ****ing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I have started banning Graves. He is pretty much the premier ADC at the moment. Hes not overpowered in the grand scheme of the game itself, but there is no reason to pick any other ACD when he does everything. I'm just fed up to see him in every ****ing game.

That's because Graves is one of the easiest ADCs to play as with high burst, with the added benefit of being the most resilient one thanks to his grit passive.

And yes, he's got everything an ADC needs: burst, CC, escape. Makes for an easier laning partner compared to an ADC that lacks CC or escape. I generally prefer being paired with an ADC that's got a form of CC... so naturally I hate having an Ezreal on my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

BeerWolf wrote: »
    That's because Graves is one of the easiest ADCs to play as with high burst, with the added benefit of being the most resilient one thanks to his grit passive.

And yes, he's got everything an ADC needs: burst, CC, escape. Makes for an easier laning partner compared to an ADC that lacks CC or escape. I generally prefer being paired with an ADC that's got a form of CC... so naturally I hate having an Ezreal on my team.

Apart from Graves' smoke screen slow he has no form of CC whereas if an Ezreal builds Iceborn he has an aoe slow on a 3-4 second CD.

n1ck wrote: »
    Apart from Graves' smoke screen slow he has no form of CC whereas if an Ezreal builds Iceborn he has an aoe slow on a 3-4 second CD.

Apart from Graves' CC he has no CC...

CC he can utilize in lane. As opposed to waiting for Ezreal to farm 2900 gold to get his with a tear before it.

Seifer wrote: »
    Apart from Graves' CC he has no CC...

CC he can utilize in lane. As opposed to waiting for Ezreal to farm 2900 gold to get his with a tear before it.

The slow from his smoke screen is still a form of CC, just because it is not hard CC does not mean it isn't a form. Graves is FOTM at the moment because he is just an all round ADC, he is not weak at any point of the game but disregarding a champion because it has no CC is a bit silly! :P

n1ck wrote: »
    The slow from his smoke screen is still a form of CC, just because it is not hard CC does not mean it isn't a form. Graves is FOTM at the moment because he is just an all round ADC, he is not weak at any point of the game but disregarding a champion because it has no CC is a bit silly! :P

Um, yeah, I know slow is a form of CC :confused:

I was just pointing out how ridiculous it is to say "apart from his slow (CC) he has no CC"; you can't just ignore a part of a champions kit to try make a comparison with another champ more favourable.

• Advertisement

The blind effect on his W is like a mini CC. **** my life im an ADC and i can't auto attack my enemy in a trade. Not to mention Graves having the most burst of all ADC and trading harder than anyone.

Also found an awesome site to replace lolnexus. lolskill.net. Check it out next time your loading into a game. Lots of detailed info on the matchup

Also found an awesome site to replace lolnexus. lolskill.net. Check it out next time your loading into a game. Lots of detailed info on the matchup

I stumbled upon carry.gg on reddit and it's pretty slick. It's one of the first of the scouting sites to incorporate the new end-points in Riot's API's (as acknowledged by a Rioter in the reddit thread).

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/AP2LgCf.jpg

Really handy as jungler to aid in deciding where to apply pressure.

ADC is my worst role, but I played Jinx a few times.

My God she is so easy to wreck a game with.

Um, yeah, I know slow is a form of CC :confused:

I was just pointing out how ridiculous it is to say "apart from his slow (CC) he has no CC"; you can't just ignore a part of a champions kit to try make a comparison with another champ more favourable.

I wasn't trying to elevate one above the other, it was more so trying to point out that his smoke screen being CC and the reason you pick him in lane is questionable.

Bought Fizz, played him in a custom game to try out his abilities then took straight to ranked in the jungle. Won the game and had the most champion damage on my team :eek: Simply built Devourer, BotRK and tanky after that. Was hard to kill and a danger to enemy carries.

So Bard looks totally OP

2 passives
    Q - Multiple stun on short CD that goes through minions.
    W - Health packs that provide a speed boost that dont expire unless stood on by an enemy
    E - A Portal that allows your whole team can go through walls
    R - An aoe stun to the enemy and damage immunity for your team. Can also be used on baron, drake and jungle mobs.

So teleport whole team into baron pit, stun enemy team and provide damage immunity to nashor so you can smite it

Looks super fun but he is way to versatile, totally overloaded kit. How the hell are you supposed to win team fights or bot lane trades with that ult? Not to mention short cd stun he also has with Q and his ability to teleport the jungler into lane for ganks

Playboy wrote: »
    So Bard looks totally OP

2 passives
    Q - Multiple stun on short CD that goes through minions.
    W - Health packs that provide a speed boost that dont expire unless stood on by an enemy
    E - A Portal that allows your whole team can go through walls
    R - An aoe stun to the enemy and damage immunity for your team. Can also be used on baron, drake and jungle mobs.

So teleport whole team into baron pit, stun enemy team and provide damage immunity to nashor so you can smite it

Looks super fun but he is way to versatile, totally overloaded kit. How the hell are you supposed to win team fights or bot lane trades with that ult? Not to mention short cd stun he also has with Q and his ability to teleport the jungler into lane for ganks

I'm not saying he won't be strong but:

Q - it's a skill shot that HAS to hit two targets or the target then a wall to stun.
    W - Yeah, these seem like they'll be very annoying to lane against.
    E - Will be hard to use in solo Q but can't wait to see what the pros do with it
    R - The AOE stun also makes the enemy immune so unless it's being used to buy time for one of your initiators to get into position it'll be better off used defensively.

I don't see how his ult affects bot lane trades terribly. He can't really teleport the jungler in. The tunnel is one directional so he'd have to be where the jungler is to bring him with him.

He does look incredibly fun though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Paul.k.b.90

Jungle BUFFS!!!!! This makes me happy.

Also think bard looks strong but not overly strong. Good sustain yes. the stun is ok i suppose but unless a bard lane gets ahead, the likes of thresh,morg and leona all seem to face roll him. atleast the bards i've played against in PBE games did

He looks interesting with some new mechanics but I'm not a fan tbh. I favor poke supports like Karma, Velkoz and Zyra, so will depend on how hard his poke hits weather I pick him up or not. His ult seems like it would be best used as a disengage tool. If your being chased by a Vayne that's cleaning up and WILL catch you. Or if Zed ults your ADC you just ult both Zed and the ADC and viola you saved your ADC.

Oh yeah. Jungle monsters don't hit as hard and tanky junglers got buffed directly and indirectly with cinder coat. Time to whip out the Xin, Voli and Trundle. Sej only got stronger. Hilarious. She has like the 4th highest win rate in Korean diamond queue atm.

Can't test it till tonight but do cinder hulk and sunfire stack??

• Advertisement

I'm not saying he won't be strong but:

Q - it's a skill shot that HAS to hit two targets or the target then a wall to stun.
    W - Yeah, these seem like they'll be very annoying to lane against.
    E - Will be hard to use in solo Q but can't wait to see what the pros do with it
    R - The AOE stun also makes the enemy immune so unless it's being used to buy time for one of your initiators to get into position it'll be better off used defensively.

I don't see how his ult affects bot lane trades terribly. He can't really teleport the jungler in. The tunnel is one directional so he'd have to be where the jungler is to bring him with him.

He does look incredibly fun though :D

Q - It might be a skill shot but imagine you are an adc in bot lane. You can't stand behind your minions without risking a stun.

R - I didnt realise it made the enemy immune too.. that obviously makes it a much more sensible ult. Great for shutting down assassins in Team fights though

Advertisement