Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Paul.k.b.90

Can't test it till tonight but do cinder hulk and sunfire stack??

No, its now a unique passive and sunfire builds out of the item now instead of giants belt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Oh yeah. Jungle monsters don't hit as hard and tanky junglers got buffed directly and indirectly with cinder coat. Time to whip out the Xin, Voli and Trundle. Sej only got stronger. Hilarious. She has like the 4th highest win rate in Korean diamond queue atm.

Can't test it till tonight but do cinder hulk and sunfire stack??

I just tried Sej there in a bot game and her early clear isnt really improved. She still really struggles on her first circuit. You do notice the difference in clear times around level 7-8.

Xin didnt need a buff either but they did. Tanky xin here I come!

They dont stack btw, they share the same unique passive which is a bit annoying as I sometimes build Sunfire on Sej.

I like Trundle top and thought he was pretty strong as he was and tbh a bit underrated. Those look like strong buffs for him in lane giving him much better sustain in his early game.

Voli got a decent buff in the jungle too with frenzy cd being halfed if used on a monster. Combined with tank buffs he will be really strong

Skarner also got some dmg buffs but his main issue is mana, he needs his mana costs reduced before he is viable imo.

Amumu will be strong again with the tank buffs.

All in all a good patch for the jungle especially as Vi had another nerf.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Cho'Gath jungle comeback time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Took Xin to the jungle tonight in my one and only game. I don't recall playing him in the new jungle but his sustain is really good. Can do one full clear and still have high enough HP to gank safely with the two starting pots. Plus the DMG!!! Early game Xin's damage is nuts. I took AD Reds and Quints to sweeten the deal. Went mid after Raptors and blew their flash, then came around the other side of the river and took their life and the life of the jungler (With help from mid ofc) Then i went top and took their flash :P

Sorry, was such a feel good game that i had to share :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Have a lot of fun with the new champ, Bard... but curious, was it intended to make majority of chimes spawning in the ENEMY's side ? While support, often I'd only get 2 at a time on my side, while 4+ would be on the enemy's side before a 3rd one spawns on my side >_<;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Have a lot of fun with the new champ, Bard... but curious, was it intended to make majority of chimes spawning in the ENEMY's side ? While support, often I'd only get 2 at a time on my side, while 4+ would be on the enemy's side before a 3rd one spawns on my side >_<;

Roam, collect chimes, place wards, get women.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Joe Miller boys! Such a pleasure to hear him do the play by play casting again. EU LCS Casting is at such a loss since him and Dman left.

Not a fan of Monte though. Hes alright like, but much prefer him on the post game analyst desk

-Edit-
    Also Diana :O My favourite char used in pro play <3

Montes voice annoys me.
    GET are unstoppable. I hope gambits IEM power is real this time. Take GET down a peg.

Picked up Heimerdinger. Hes so much fun. Learning him in bots/normals and managed to get him in Aram too.

His kit does so much, and his ult is so useful in so many situations.

Anyone else play him much and can offer me some advise ?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Paul.k.b.90

Korvanica wrote: »
    Picked up Heimerdinger. Hes so much fun. Learning him in bots/normals and managed to get him in Aram too.

Heimer is an ok champ for lane phase if u can zone ur lane opponent from Cs/XP using ur turrets. Very strong against melee laners but the problem is once ur out of lane if ur team is behind ur pretty much useless nd even if ur ahead your still be pretty easy to deal with unless ur 4k up on the person whos trying to kill u.

Once u start playing against people that know the match up you'll prob start to get rolled in lane..i think hes one of the easiest champs to just completely shut down and he's awful against assassins in the mid lane. Top lane is alittle better (think top lane heimer has the highest win rate right now) but still suffers mid/late game unless very far ahead

• Advertisement

UOL vs FNATIC was absolutely insane! I'm loving all the new picks in the LCS lately

Watch it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Heimer is an ok champ for lane phase if u can zone ur lane opponent from Cs/XP using ur turrets. Very strong against melee laners but the problem is once ur out of lane if ur team is behind ur pretty much useless nd even if ur ahead your still be pretty easy to deal with unless ur 4k up on the person whos trying to kill u.

Once u start playing against people that know the match up you'll prob start to get rolled in lane..i think hes one of the easiest champs to just completely shut down and he's awful against assassins in the mid lane. Top lane is alittle better (think top lane heimer has the highest win rate right now) but still suffers mid/late game unless very far ahead

I agree, picked him up 2 weeks ago and have been playing a lot of him since.
    I nearly always win my lane and can near double my opponents CS by the 10 min mark, and get first tower because he can be such a bully with turrets that the enemy laner won't come near you.

CSing with him is so simple too.

However, once you get to mid / late game as above all you can really do is shove your lane. Going roaming isn't really a viable option as you are quite useless for chasing and aren't great without your turrets.

I try to do what I can, in shoving lanes, making the enemy team come up to me...where hopefully my team can push the opp objective and take a turret. He is also great for dragons.

Zhonyas is a must, and I try get that first, there are some laugh out loud moments when the enemy jungler comes in to gank and you just ULT and Zhonyas. Especially at lower levels it's pretty hillarious...random doubles and triple kills.

Can't really carry the games with him though if your team is really behind, you need to safety of your turrets late game.

Still, he's really fun to play...just for making the opposition laner rage.

I've taken him to mid...and some of the matches are a little harder...the likes of Ahri..who can Auto your turrets outside their range. When this happens I tend to just Stun her with -E , give her a W and an auto.
    Same with any / all champs who try attack my lovely turrets. 3 free hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 AllyBushell

I'm a relatively new player, looking for a few people to maybe help me at the start? My lol name is AllyBushell

• Registered Users Posts: 39 AllyBushell

I'm a relatively new player, looking for a few people to maybe help me at the start? My lol name is AllyBushell

Woops, forgot my name xD it's actually SW3G Panda

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭rgfuller

Watched the URFitational show stream last night and it was one of the funniest stream/show's I've ever seen. Well worth a watch if you missed it.

rgfuller wrote: »
    Watched the URFitational show stream last night and it was one of the funniest stream/show's I've ever seen. Well worth a watch if you missed it.

Fixed it for you :P

You only need to put the letters and number at the end (after the = signs) not the entire URL

Yes it was indeed funny, the accents were SO bad. I love Riot for doing things like this! Dash actually did OK :P

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Fixed it for you :P

You only need to put the letters and number at the end (after the = signs) not the entire URL

Yes it was indeed funny, the accents were SO bad. I love Riot for doing things like this! Dash actually did OK :P

I thought it was really cringeworthy for the most part.
    You would think too that for getting all the players and audience dressed up and out there, they'd have more than 1 match...considering URF games are usually very short anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

The only one of these things that I thought was really entertaining was the casters vs. doom bots, which was hilarious. The urf match got stale really quickly imo, the fake olde english accent was just irritating. The urf match they did last time TSM vs C9 wasnt actually as bad though.

Shaco carrying in LCS quarterfinal .. Love UoL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Playboy wrote: »
    Hylissang carrying in LCS quarterfinal .. Love UoL

FYP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    FYP.

His Morgana was unreal

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    FYP.

While his thresh was good in the last game I think it was Shaco the game hinged on. Gambit couldnt cope with the split push. The Morg was incredible though in the game before

Finally won a ranked game after losing 9 in a row. If it wasn't for URF I would've gone insane.

I picked up Garen last week for the first time, after about 2 or 3 normals I took him into ranked.
    He does fairly well in the lower ELO....noone seems to know how to deal with him.
    I've gone 5/5 so far......his was the only game I won yesterday...out of maybe 5.
    Trolls / Afks / ragers in all the other games :(

I play on NA...when it's either early morning or late night (day/evening time other side of the world here), so I'd expect most people on at that time are adults....but the whiney raging kids still seem to be there....or else it's just people in their 20's who still love to rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I picked up Garen last week for the first time, after about 2 or 3 normals I took him into ranked.
    He does fairly well in the lower ELO....noone seems to know how to deal with him.
    I've gone 5/5 so far......his was the only game I won yesterday...out of maybe 5.
    Trolls / Afks / ragers in all the other games :(

I play on NA...when it's either early morning or late night (day/evening time other side of the world here), so I'd expect most people on at that time are adults....but the whiney raging kids still seem to be there....or else it's just people in their 20's who still love to rage.
    I'd consider myself a decent Garen player. Does great against Irelia/Jax/Nasus.
    I usually ignore W and max Q first then E for early game destruction. Ult + Ignite is usual a kill at lvl 6 before backing.

In teamfights, Garen isn't great for taking out the carries as you just get kited. If they're bad, you'll kill them both but any decent opponent will just stop you in your tracks before you can touch them. Best to peel for the adc in these games.

League is a rage inducing game. I look at some plays and find myself questioning if Hitler had the right idea... :pac:

Garen also just received a buff in the latest patch, significantly shortened the CD on his ult at all levels

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Korvanica wrote: »

Heimer pwns early game, as others have said. Mid to late game he can still pwn but you just have to play smart i.e. don't push far unless you have 3 turrets ready to go at once, just putting out one or two as you go is useless and the enemy will just jump in for you. So stick to team mates, figure out where you're going to be fighting and place all turrets there, then slowly inch forward like you do in early game. Definitely use teleport so you can B quickly, buy/heal and quickly tp back to your turrets before they're destroyed. His ult-stun is amazing for teamfights so save that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Garen also wrecks Riven because you can silence her. I find Garen can be a pain as an ADC as he just sticks on you and he slowly burns you down while you tickle him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

n1ck wrote: »
    Garen also wrecks Riven because you can silence her. I find Garen can be a pain as an ADC as he just sticks on you and he slowly burns you down while you tickle him.
    Have to be careful though, level 1-2 riven can wreck Garen. Once level 5 or 6 with decent amount of armour, you can sustain any damage and punish her :P

• Advertisement

I'm really liking him. With sunfire cape and a Brutaliser her really burns through squishies at later levels....and with the new ULT cooldown it seems to be up constantly.

It' still the case though that even if I win my lane hard in bronze, we still lose 50% of time...because...well...bronze. People don't wanna try close out the game or ward.

I think Ryze was the toughest match I've faced up top so far, because I have to build MR as opposed to going straight armor-> sunfire cape.
    Is it worth building CR on him at all ? Usually when I build Armor it's always Sunfire / Randuins or Sunfire / Thornmail ...sometimes all 3 if they're very AD heavy. But I could see CR being useful ....constant Q and E. But he doesn't make use of the mana in Frozen Heart, so it's a bit of a waste.

Advertisement